moschino

BrickLink Wanted List Exporter Script (updated)

Unfortunately the script is obsolete, a function has been blocked for security reason.

I tried to contact the author but I had no answer, so some time ago I took a look at the script and made a version that looses some features but works (I had no time to completely fix it).

I attach an archive containing the modified script and some extra.

Hope it helps.

BL-LES.zip

Edited by Calabar

It seems that Firefox 35 broke again the script.

So, for the moment, you should use it with Firefox 34 or older (maybe the ESR version).

I'll post here an update if there will be any news.

I just had this problem tonight with Firefox 35.0.1 so I installed the same script into TamperMonkey in Chrome and it works perfectly.

With the changes on Bricklink website, the script failed to work again.

So I fixed it (again), so that it works, now. I tested it with Firefox 39.

Changes:

• it works! ^____^
  • The new script remove one of the limits of the old one: colours are not hardcoded anymore, now the script retrieve the colour code from the page (now possible in the new bricklink).
  • the firefox extension works again, now without need of restarting the browser (code manually taken from "scriptify" addon).

The fixed script: script-fixed.zip

External link with the complete package: click.

This is great! Thanks for bringing it back to life. Is there a way to have it also export the corresponding wanted list name for each part when viewing the full Parts list? I notice under each part it says: "On My [Wanted List Name] Wanted List". Is there a way to extract this and add it as a new tag in the XML such as the comments tag or a placeholder tag? It would be very helpful when i import the xml into Brickstock for checking off parts i received. It would allow me to sort the parts by wanted list without having to manually load each wanted list separately. Thanks!

By the way. Anyone using this to import XML into BrickStock will find that the quantities will not be filled in. The reason being that bricklink and the xml outputted by this script put the quantity in a <MINQTY> tag and BrickStock expects the quantity to be (at least my version of BrickStock) in a <QTY> tag. I had to run a find and replace in my text editor to get the quantity to show up in BrickStock. For clarity, find and replace MINQTY with QTY.

Edited by lackluster

You could add it as "remark", but it is not possible to add new tags because bricklink will not understand them.

Anyway there is a "wanted list" tag that store the list ID (from the dropdown menu of the upper-right panel created by the script).

You can use it to manage wanted lists, saving different lists with different IDs (but if you import that lists in bricklink, these lists have to already exist among yours).

Besides it is easy to batch replace number with names, but the bricklink importer obviously will not understand them (so it will be for your personal cataloguing).

PS: unfortunately the script lost the ability to append lists when I fixed a problem some time ago (the function used by the script is considered dangerous and is not supported anymore), so you have to manually join the lists in a single one once exported.

About the quantity, I only knew the "MINQTY" tag. Do you know if bricklink supports the "QTY" tag, or it is only supported by Brickstock? (pardon, I don't know Brickstock at all!).

Package updated.

• Added brand new script for FireGestures (adapted from the original script from GreaseMonkey).

Edited by Calabar

Package updated.

The FireGestures version has been improved:

• The script retrieve all the items in the list instead then those in the page only ("plus" version only).
  • A confirm lightbox added when data is copied in the clipboard (both standard and plus version).
  • Code cleaned from extra comments (standard version).

The script for GreaseMonkey is the ever the one attached in the post #8.

Edited by Calabar

It doesent work for me, I can only instal the Firefox script and there is no changes in my bricklink wanting list, no option to export the list

I still use it and it works fine.

Could you please describe in details what are you doing?

- did you use the script linked in the post #12?

- did you have the last stable version of firefox?

- did you use greasemonkey to load the script?

- did you try the firefox addon (the .xpi file) instead than the script?

- did you follow the "instructions" (open a wanted list and then go to the "edit" page)?

Great stuff!

Since the new website of bricklink, the original firemonkey script did not work anymore.

I changed the script myself, to get it working again, but that Firegesture thingy is brilliant!

It saves me from setting the items per page manually.

This is really a time saver for me, because I use wanted lists to create Excel-sheets, which I use to keep track of the status of my bricklink orders and my personal Lego projects (amongst other things).

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Edited by Withacee

I'm glad that someone appreciate the Firegesture version!

I use that addon heavily, and it is very comfortable for me.

About the fixed greasemonkey script, when I made the first modifies I hadn't much time to dedicate to it, so I cut away some functionalities.

Maybe your version saved these parts of the script?

Hey Calabar,

Not sure which parts you took out when you modified it, but I removed quite a bit of the code myself.

Main part was the combo box with the wanted list names in it. I did not use it, because I only wanted the page I had on the screen to be converted to a wanted list.

Also, the method the original script used to show the wanted list in a new page, was not working in Firefox, so I just replaced the body of the current page with the wanted list html.

Other than that, I basically changed the code to match the contents of the rows as rendered in the new web site.

Again, what you built now works perfectly for me, and I'm very happy with it.

In the original script you could choose not only to create a list in the new tab, but to append a list to an existing one or replace the whole content.

In my script, I removed this choice (only the option to create the list remains, for me was good enough).

The original script used "write" and "writeln" methods, that has become deprecated in Firefox for security reasons. So I replaced the code but the new one didn't allow to do the same operations easily, so I removed the related functionalities.

Does not work on Firefox anymore. When I try to add "bricklinkwantedlistexporter.xpi" from #12 (generated July 23, 2015), Firefox claims that it cannot be installed as it could not be verified.

At the moment (until FF 45 and ESR versions) you can install unverified addons modifying the preference xpinstall.signatures.required from true to false.

For the future (FF 46 and following) you have to sign the extension: you can do that locally or through a mozilla developer account (you can sign extension for personal use without publiching that on AMO). More info here.

Edited by Calabar

Duke, thanks for getting this script to work again. I setup Firefox (v45.0.1) using FireGestures (v1.10.5), since that is what you seem to prefer and will hopefully keep up-to-date. :) I'm sure I setup the script to work properly as I can see FireGestures showing the "Gesture:" gray window in the bottom left of my screen when I'm performing it along with the resulting name of the script, but nothing is happening. I also copied the latest script from post #12 download using copy from Notepad++ to FireGestures initially to avoid any formatting issues.

Maybe you can write-up a step-by-step guide on how to use this? It took me a while to figure out how to setup just FireGestures so i think it would help others to have that part documented (I would love to use a keystroke instead of a mouse gesture, but that doesn't seem possible based on my initial reading). For Bricklink I get to the "Edit" page I think you're referring to with the following steps, which I hope is correct: Wanted > My Wanted List > click "In: --- All My Wanted Lists ---" > select wanted list > Go! > Edit Only > perform gesture.

Thanks

Hi BG3D, and welcome in EuroBricks.

At first, a good news: I just tested both the addon and the script for firegestures, and both works fine for me.

So, it seems there is simply something to fix in your setup.

About firegesture script, when you perform it, check on the bottom-left the message reported (you have few moments to read it).

In Bricklink you have to be sure you are on the "edit" page, the path you described above is correct.