just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

wanganui one. farmers had one box and also some in one of the clear cube things they have by the sales counters.

im going to get another unicorn, as i want to put one on the winter village carousel, and the horn sticks into the roof, stopping the horse from rocking. will get a second so i can shave the horn down a tad. lol. [a unicorn riding a horse! LOL]

Oh awesome! I'm visiting Farmers and the Warehouse tomorrow so I can check them out. Need to find the Snake Charmer and my backup Unicorn Girl.

You could just not attach the horn and have a horse riding a horse?

leaving the horn off is an option, for sure, though i would rather keep it on. luckily, with the tail being rubber, it can bend slightly and fit over the back of the horse.

my winter village goes on public display each year, so i like hiding things for kids to find, and its good to finally have something magical for the girls since so much of the display is more boyish, especially as it has a thomas track running around the outside.

good luck finding what you need! im going back to the warehouse this afternoon to see if i can find another unicorn. wouldnt mind the king as well... he would look neat on the other horse. lol

leaving the horn off is an option, for sure, though i would rather keep it on. luckily, with the tail being rubber, it can bend slightly and fit over the back of the horse.

my winter village goes on public display each year, so i like hiding things for kids to find, and its good to finally have something magical for the girls since so much of the display is more boyish, especially as it has a thomas track running around the outside.

good luck finding what you need! im going back to the warehouse this afternoon to see if i can find another unicorn. wouldnt mind the king as well... he would look neat on the other horse. lol

Can't you simply flip the tail piece over and have it pointing up instead of down?

When and where do you have your public display? I'd love to see it!

got the second unicorn, king and carpenter by feel. no more for me, now.

the tail fits nicely right way up due to the flex. had to remove a fair amount of horn [i hate destroying lego, but needs must and all that!] it still looks good, and now the horse can rock. the king looks regal on the other horse, even his sword fits nicely on an angle.

i have my display in wangas each christmas at the model railway club i belong to. i use a tomy thomas layout, with winter village filling the interior. each year the track is a fresh design, and it seems to get bigger each time, lol. photos here: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/show-layouts.html i scatter cartoon and movie characters around. the kids and their parents just love it!

the king, on his pretend crusade

GEDC1831.jpg

unicorn girl on her pony. the horn looks bad from his angle, but with the top of the carousel, the tip is hidden nicely.

GEDC1830.jpg

Edited by sunhuntin

got the second unicorn, king and carpenter by feel. no more for me, now.

the tail fits nicely right way up due to the flex. had to remove a fair amount of horn [i hate destroying lego, but needs must and all that!] it still looks good, and now the horse can rock. the king looks regal on the other horse, even his sword fits nicely on an angle.

i have my display in wangas each christmas at the model railway club i belong to. i use a tomy thomas layout, with winter village filling the interior. each year the track is a fresh design, and it seems to get bigger each time, lol. photos here: http://sunsthomasand...ow-layouts.html i scatter cartoon and movie characters around. the kids and their parents just love it!

Your pictures look great! Is that the Grand Carousel or the Winter Village Market?

I found my snake charmer and unicorn girl today, and a friend asked me to get her 2 unicorn girls, so I think I cleared that new box of minifigures of unicorns. Oh well, there were 5 other open boxes I didn't get to :-P

thanks. :D thats the winter village market. glad you found the ones you wanted, and extras for your friend. its good they got so much stock in. the warehouse here must have sold heaps, as the lady on checkout commented how popular they were with kids.

thanks. :D thats the winter village market. glad you found the ones you wanted, and extras for your friend. its good they got so much stock in. the warehouse here must have sold heaps, as the lady on checkout commented how popular they were with kids.

The Warehouse I went to before had theirs hung up, and I think there were about two boxes or less there. Checked out Farmers, and found 6 opened boxes sitting there looking almost completely undisturbed. Ended up chatting with the staff while feeling for it and they kept asking "But how do you know what's inside?"

Finally got some S13 minifigures! :laugh:

Sheriff: I don't know if I like the moustache piece. It looks like he's smiling while wearing the moustache piece. It's kinda creepy

characters_168x224_serie13_sherif.png?l.r2=-721694230

Galaxy Trooper: Lackluster minifigure. Second rehash of the S7 Galaxy Patrol, after the S9 Alien Avenger. Why does every space minifigure comes with a weapon?

Spaceman - Laser gun

Space Alien - Laser gun

Space Villain - Laser gun

Classic Alien - Laser gun

Intergalactic Girl - Laser gun

Galaxy Patrol - Twin barrel ray gun

Alien Villainess - Gun

Alien Avenger - Twin barrel ray gun

Battle Mech - A weapon itself

Evil Mech - A weapon itself + gun

Alien Trooper - Laser gun

Galaxy Trooper - Twin barrel ray gun (2)

I don't know what's going on in outer space but there is a bloody war for sure. The only one without a weapon is the S12 Space Miner

It'd be cool if LEGO releases more space minifigures without weapons. Like another approach to the space theme

Snake Charmer: Pretty cool minifigure. I don't know why but his face looks kinda vintage to me. I mean, it looks like a face from the 90's sets. It reminds me of the Adventurers theme

Paleontologist: This is a 3x1 minifigure. She works as a female companion for the S2 Explorer, as a "Jane" minifigure for the S7 Jungle Boy and, of course, as a paleontologist

I just bought the last four minifigures from a Sainsburys' store in England. They were Classic King, Goblin, Alien Trooper and Galaxy Trooper. IMO they're all fantastic!

Snake Charmer: Pretty cool minifigure. I don't know why but his face looks kinda vintage to me. I mean, it looks like a face from the 90's sets. It reminds me of the Adventurers theme

That's probably because of his mouth and moustache.

Now someone ask why the outer space characters carried weapons.......well, it's a dangerous place outer space.....just ask Han Solo (who shot first ?) ! :laugh:

I still feel the Galaxy Trooper was modeled on those from Starship Troopers.

Now someone ask why the outer space characters carried weapons.......well, it's a dangerous place outer space.....just ask Han Solo (who shot first ?) ! :laugh:

I still feel the Galaxy Trooper was modeled on those from Starship Troopers.

Indeed, beside Minifigures have the right to defend themselves lol :wink:

The Galaxy Trooper shows the Galaxy Squad log, which resembles both the "Systems Alliance" and "Spectre" logos from Mass Effect. Since most Galaxy Squad armors are indeed very similar to Mass Effect ones, I see them and so even the Galaxy Trooper like a brick version of soldiers from that universe. Since series 13 Galaxy Trooper is a better equipped version we can say he is... "The first Minifigure (brick/Lego etc) Spectre" :wink:

I set my imagination free :classic:

Does anyone have information about the bump codes? I saw some series 13 packages in a Müller and a Galeria Kaufhof store (Germany) today. With the feeling method I only detected the carpenter due to the 1x4 tile, the evil wizard due to the slope skirt, the hot dog guy plus an Egyptian warrior due to his shield. I'm interested in the samurai though. I know it should be pretty easy to find due to the two katanas, but I always feel weird inside a store touching those bags, so I just try a few seconds a bag :sadnew:

Does anyone have information about the bump codes? I saw some series 13 packages in a Müller and a Galeria Kaufhof store (Germany) today. With the feeling method I only detected the carpenter due to the 1x4 tile, the evil wizard due to the slope skirt, the hot dog guy plus an Egyptian warrior due to his shield. I'm interested in the samurai though. I know it should be pretty easy to find due to the two katanas, but I always feel weird inside a store touching those bags, so I just try a few seconds a bag :sadnew:

I noticed you can also try to feel her armor. It has what I call "an additional volume" compared to "unarmored" Minifigures. The Samurai armor appears "softer" to touch then other armors so it could be an indication.

However be careful: like mentioned in a couple of above posts her armor is more delicate and can be easily deformed if you apply a "pressure stress".

That makes the task a bit harder. However Samurai is one of those Minifigures with an "increased volume" (you know what I mean) like Galaxy Trooper and Evil Wizard (due to his "leg piece" )

Btw I understand you: unless you are in store you know it may be a little embarrassing to "feel" bags but in the end you don't do anything weird lol so if it can give an increased chance to get the Minifigures you are looking for, go for it :classic:

EDIT:

I thought the info on Samurai armor was in some post above, but it's possible it was in other topic. However it is indeed more delicate and easily deformed than other armors :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

Finally got some S13 minifigures! :laugh:

Sheriff: I don't know if I like the moustache piece. It looks like he's smiling while wearing the moustache piece. It's kinda creepy

characters_168x224_serie13_sherif.png?l.r2=-721694230

Galaxy Trooper: Lackluster minifigure. Second rehash of the S7 Galaxy Patrol, after the S9 Alien Avenger. Why does every space minifigure comes with a weapon?

I don't know what's going on in outer space but there is a bloody war for sure. The only one without a weapon is the S12 Space Miner

It'd be cool if LEGO releases more space minifigures without weapons. Like another approach to the space theme

Paleontologist: This is a 3x1 minifigure. She works as a female companion for the S2 Explorer, as a "Jane" minifigure for the S7 Jungle Boy and, of course, as a paleontologist

While I can't speak to why they all have weapons, the new "elite" Galaxy Trooper is not a rehash. He has an all new armor piece. He actually reminds me quite a bit of the Hero's Duty soldiers from Wreck It Ralph.

EDIT:

I thought the info on Samurai armor was in some post above, but it's possible it was in other topic. However it is indeed more delicate and easily deformed than other armors :classic:

I've seen pictures of stress marks appearing on the Samurai armor in the form of little white lines, so if you're looking for her, try going for a new box that no one has felt through before.,

Liking those goblins... 46 so far...

Are those Goblins yours? Impressive. How many packs did you buy to get them? Or do you bought the "opened" Minifigures from some store?

It's most impressive indeed. I'm looking for two series 13 armies: Goblins and Aliens (I wouldn't be displeased by Galaxy Troopers too :wink: )

I've seen pictures of stress marks appearing on the Samurai armor in the form of little white lines, so if you're looking for her, try going for a new box that no one has felt through before.,

I agree. However even if we are not looking for her (because we already found her etc) it's always unpleasing to open a bag and see the armor has been damaged by someone else who tried to feel it.

I have been quite lucky since I was the first to buy the packs from a local store and so the box was largely untouched :classic:

Are those Goblins yours? Impressive. How many packs did you buy to get them? Or do you bought the "opened" Minifigures from some store?

It's most impressive indeed. I'm looking for two series 13 armies: Goblins and Aliens (I wouldn't be displeased by Galaxy Troopers too :wink: )

Felt them from blind bags. 46 and counting. In Italy they do not open minifigures in stores.

I bought exactly 46 bags for those (I also have 7 space marines and so on) I have 100% ratio in feeling bags since series 3.

Felt them from blind bags. 46 and counting. In Italy they do not open minifigures in stores.

I bought exactly 46 bags for those (I also have 7 space marines and so on) I have 100% ratio in feeling bags since series 3.

Impressive feeling capabilities :wink:

Well someones opens them but I don't live in a very large city so there are not so many Lego fans like in the larger ones :classic:

This also means stores have not many packs around. I bought about 60 packs and I sent the Series 13 in backorder lol in a local store. More are on their way they told me.

What do you feel when you look for Goblin? Is it the sack/bag accessory? :classic:

I agree. However even if we are not looking for her (because we already found her etc) it's always unpleasing to open a bag and see the armor has been damaged by someone else who tried to feel it.

I have been quite lucky since I was the first to buy the packs from a local store and so the box was largely untouched :classic:

I went to check instore as soon as they started appearing all around, so I got in early and managed to find 6 opened boxes of almost untouched minifigures. When feeling, I do my best not to squeeze on the figures too hard, especially if they're the softer kinds. Some people tend to squeeze more than feel.

Impressive feeling capabilities :wink:

Well someones opens them but I don't live in a very large city so there are not so many Lego fans like in the larger ones :classic:

This also means stores have not many packs around. I bought about 60 packs and I sent the Series 13 in backorder lol in a local store. More are on their way they told me.

What do you feel when you look for Goblin? Is it the sack/bag accessory? :classic:

Here many stores have even 4 boxes, so this means 20 goblins for me.

I look for two spherical items on first instance, then believe me or not, I find it easy to find the cylinder on the sack that helps a minifigure to get it in its hand.

Also the unique headgear helps me.

BTW this is my guide, I have written many before.

Evil wizard - only one with a slope

Hot dog guy - easy headgear

Space Marine - bulky armor

Samurai - armor, less bulky + 2 easily recognizable swords

Alien - rubber head

Sheriff - easy headgear, tile 2 x 2

Dancer - small skates, very easy to find

Snake charmer - rubber snake

Egyptian - big shield

Paleontologyst - big headgear with a ponytail

King - not very easy, unique headgear - sword

Goblin - as I told

Carpenter - tile 1 x 4

Unicorn girl - unique headgear

Fencer - not very easy, sword

Cyclops - mace

These may sound very very cheap advices, but this is what I do.

I pick the bag, and start feeling it, looking for the headgear. If it's spherical or similar, I assume it is either the marine helmet, or the fencer headgear, or the snake charmer headgear, or the cyclops head, or the unicorn girl head.

If that's not spherical, I may already know what it is.

If that's spherical I go for the accessory.

For the marine, it's the armor.

For the fencer it's the sword

For the snake charmer it's the snake or the flute, the one I find first.

For the cyclops it's the club.

For the unicorn girl it's the tail.

Once I get the confirm, the minifigure is identified.

If the headgear is not easily foundable, perhaps it's near to the 3x4 modified plate, or to the catalog and it's pressed and I have no time to move it, I shift body, legs, and hair to find what's next.

If it's a small piece, like the diva skates, or the sheriff's gun, it's done.

Often I also find easy to recognize the King's beard, or the evil wizard's one.

It just depends, when one lego parts is under my fingers, I just feel it on both the sides of the bag, and if I have no confirm within 3/4 seconds, I just put the bag away and go on. I will find it later.

Here many stores have even 4 boxes, so this means 20 goblins for me.

I look for two spherical items on first instance, then believe me or not, I find it easy to find the cylinder on the sack that helps a minifigure to get it in its hand.

Also the unique headgear helps me.

BTW this is my guide, I have written many before.

Thank you for the advices :wink: They are very appreciated.

I wish I had a larger selection of boxes available here. Like you said the Goblin (and also the Alien) is not very difficult to feel and I'd really like to build a army to add to Orcs from LOTR/The Hobbit and have a nicely sized fantasy army :classic:

Thank you for the advices :wink: They are very appreciated.

I wish I had a larger selection of boxes available here. Like you said the Goblin (and also the Alien) is not very difficult to feel and I'd really like to build a army to add to Orcs from LOTR/The Hobbit and have a nicely sized fantasy army :classic:

I have approx 2000 fantasy minifigures, those goblins are just the last newcomers. I love collecting minifigures.