553843545_dd3e84b07b_o.jpg

Boromir

553843561_24b24e3730.jpg

Gimli (without the helmet)

553843573_fd7fe4a626.jpg

Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee

553583550_de01f189d8_b.jpg

More to come soon.......

very nice.i like how you made that bow for legolas.where did you get that boromir torso?

Edited by idontknow877

very nice.i like how you made that bow for legolas.where did you get that boromir torso?

Thank you, Mr. 887. After some contemplation I figured the strait but gray lightsaber matched the horns better than the bent but chrome lightsaber. The torso is the same one as in my avatar. :-P

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=hp076

I switched the arms, obviously. Another without the switched arms is hidden under Gandalf's beard. ;-)

I like these. Though, a few comments. Gandalf might want a older face, no? I also think Frodo should look less...disgruntled. I like Gimli, Aragorn has a very nice face [i'll use that one myself, when I get to Aragorn], and Boromir is very prettyful.

Edited by hewkii9

Gandalf might want a younger face, no?

I assume you mean older? :-D

I also think Frodo should look less...disgruntled.

I think you're right, but unfortunately I could not locate a better head. If only I had a Luke head....

I like Gimli, Aragorn has a very nice face [i'll use that one myself, when I get to Aragorn],

I actually don't like Aragorn that much, it could be more realistic. I think I'll re-shoot him with this head instead.

3626bpx75.gif

and Boromir is very prettyful.

Ewww. :-X

:-P Thank you for the great input, Hewkii.

Excellent work. Makes me jealous though - I still haven't got any short legs yet. Perhaps its time for another Bricklink order...

:-D Very nice! I love Legolas' bow, and Gimli rocks. :-P My only suggestion is Gandalf could use an older looking head, but that's already been pointed out. But altogether a very nice job. *y*

Hmm.... Looks like a perfect crew of heroes to me.... Fine work! *y*

Excellent work. Makes me jealous though - I still haven't got any short legs yet. Perhaps its time for another Bricklink order...

When I first acquired my first short legs I thought they would bend like the bigger versions but only attach to two studs instead of four! :-D :-$

:-D Very nice! I love Legolas' bow, and Gimli rocks. :-P My only suggestion is Gandalf could use an older looking head, but that's already been pointed out. But altogether a very nice job. *y*

I don't really see the problem with the head, the stubble on the side blends in with the gray and the eyes look like watery eyes of a sweet old wiseman young at heart..... :-P What would you recommend me to use otherwise, Mr. Iamded?

Hmm.... Looks like a perfect crew of heroes to me.... Fine work! *y*

Perfect? :'-) Thank you, Mr. Asuka!

I don't really see the problem with the head, the stubble on the side blends in with the gray and the eyes look like watery eyes of a sweet old wiseman young at heart..... :-P What would you recommend me to use otherwise, Mr. Iamded?

Hmmm... touch

Those are very nice figs. The scene you put them in is very cool, too. And you used very nice torsos for the figs. Apo and I did LotR figs, too some time ago.

Here are few pics:

This is Arwen

arwen.jpg

And here a pic of Elrond:

elrond.jpg

And one of Eowyn:

eowyn.jpg

For more pics: Here is the link to my gallery!

-Aredhel

Apo and I did LotR figs, too some time ago.

-Aredhel

Beautiful and clever. *y*

I do not remember Eowyn wearing blue, however.

Yes, you are right. In the movie there is some kind of green dress:

eowyn_greendress_small.jpg

Apo and I thought to give her a blue dress because Elrond was in green, but I cannot really remember. Too long time ago.

While I was searching for Eowyn pictures, I found a drawing which shows her and Aragorn, and there she wears a blue dress:

aragorn_eowyn.jpg

-Aredhel

oo7: I have an idea for you: Do you know the hair of Lucius Malfoy from the graveyard set? They would fit perfectly for Legolas!

x218.jpg

What you can not see so good on this picture is, that those hair should be blonde!

4766_malfoy_2.jpg

-Aredhel

Yes, you are right. In the movie there is some kind of green dress:

blockquote><p>Yeah, I would have used something tan and brown if I were to make her; that

Well done, oo7. These are the best LOTR minifigs I've ever seen! *wub* I especially like Gandalf and Gimli, both figs are perfect. My least favorite fig is Frodo, because his face looks too angry.

I agree with this exactly! Thank you very much, Lego-freak, you have made my day brighter although it is currently 9:18 at night and very, very dark at my location. :-P

I have many of those heads, and that's what one of the best LOTR fig compilation uses, Dunechaser's fellowship, but Elijah Wood was black eyebrows, not brown......If I owned it, I would use the older Luke head.

http://www.bricklink.com/P/3/3626bps3.gif' alt='3626bps3.gif'>

In the first picture I used a really pissed off looking yelling head for Boromir, but in the second I use a really giddy looking smiling head....they're both on the extreme ends on the spectrum and I don't know which is better. 8-|

Superb, but Gimili really could do with a beard...

Thanks, TK. I think Gimli is my favorite - he's definitely the most unique. Altough I have access to a good and short reddish brown minifig beard, it fits under very few helmets, like the official Lego beard. He has a small beard printed on him and that's good enough for me.

oo7: I have an idea for you: Do you know the hair of Lucius Malfoy from the graveyard set? They would fit perfectly for Legolas!

That is a good idea, and it was been used before in that preexisting LOTR fig group I mentioned previously, the one of Dunechaser.

009-legolas.jpg

It does make a very unique solution although there is a downfall - the quiver does not fit on. I also think Mr. Becraft could have found a better torso as well...

I don't recall Legolas having such strong cheeks! Nor Frodo, either. And Arwen should have a better face. I mean, those eyes are waaaay too small. And Elrond's hair didn't really come around the neck all that much. It was less of a knot and more free. Like Malfoy's, only slightly shorter. Otherwise, ACE!

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Which of those are refering to which creations? Mine? Aredhel's? Dunechaser's?

Very nice 007. I'm really impressed with your figs and like the way you photographed them outside.

I too, like the way you created Legolas's bow. I think you also did a real nice job with Gimili. Overall, these are all very nice.

Are you planning some castles or other scenes now?

Great job!

Which of those are referring to which creations? Mine? Aredhel's? Dunechaser's? *wacko*

Err, I see no 'Dunechaser'. Anyways, for Legolas and Frodo, I meant yours. For Arwen and Elrond, I meant Aradhel's. ;-)

Very nice 007. I'm really impressed with your figs and like the way you photographed them outside.

I too, like the way you created Legolas's bow. I think you also did a real nice job with Gimili. Overall, these are all very nice.

Wow! Thank you for the very kind reply, Mr. Brickster! :-$
Are you planning some castles or other scenes now?
But of course! :-D That is what "more coming soon" means!

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields at Minas Tirith

562253224_db5bb60621.jpg

562253502_6d72183c03.jpg

562253474_4f7bb788b5.jpg

King Theoden and the Riders of Rohan

562548979_0d267949a8.jpg

562573995_81da1b6f74.jpg

Err, I see no 'Dunechaser'.

I do.

That is a good idea, and it was been used before in that preexisting LOTR fig group I mentioned previously, the one of Dunechaser.

009-legolas.jpg

Anyways, for Legolas and Frodo, I meant yours. For Arwen and Elrond, I meant Aradhel's. ;-)
Ah, I see. Thanks for the feedback, Mr. Felth.