Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

Bobby nods his thanks to his largest friend and then repeats his attack. "Thanks, dog!"

OoC: A reminder: weekends of the school year are usually extremely busy for me (for example I was on set yesterday from 3 PM to 3 AM) so if I'm ever holding anything up, Flare is in charge!)

QM Note: The round will be up later tonight, I have some things I need to take care of for now. Also, Zepher I understand, I'm in college as well and I'm assuming we both have the same major.

So would you now have 539 gold, Benji? Sorry, these overkill gloves are extremely confusing to me.

Round 5

>Benji (Mediauk) vs Colorless Man II(considered Level 88)[back]: Shield – Beast Form (Benji turns into his beast mode)

>Vindsval (remedy) on Bobby[back]: Remedies Bobby (Bobby clear of negative effects)

>Miderun (remedy)[back]: Remedies self (Miderun clear of negative effects)

>Bobby (dagger) vs Colorless Man III (considered Level 2)[front]: Special – Desaturation (Bobby becomes Confused)

Benji goes into his beast mode to begin an assault on Colored Man II. Vindsval takes the time to heal Bobby and Miderun heals herself. Bobby, fresh and renewed from the remedy Vindsval gave him, charges against the Colorless Man III... who activates his special again... Is Bobby's luck running out? What will his "dawgs" think?

The Enemies:

blackened_corpse.jpg

Colorless Man II

Type
: Humanoid

Health
: 24/40

SPECIAL
:
Desaturation
– The Colorless Man seems to make it and the others blend in more with the background, causing the target to become Confused.

PASSIVE SPECIAL
: Level is equal to attacking hero times x2

Drops
: 10 gold

blackened_corpse.jpg

Colorless Man III

Type

Health
: 24/40

SPECIAL
:
Desaturation
– The Colorless Man seems to make it and the others blend in more with the background, causing the target to become Confused.

PASSIVE SPECIAL

Drops

The Party:

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 44 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*2x against Vermin*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
* *Immune to Ice and Water*
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(44+20)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
70/70
(6+42+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17;
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*
Confused

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 6
(1 + 3 +3)

Health: 7/7

Gold: 27

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Tricorne)

Health:
10/10

Ether:
4/6

Gold:

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie)
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 2

Power:
(5 + 2 + 2)

Health:
9/9

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Remedy, Serstyral (WP: 3, axe)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

You haven't taken our Remedies.

Miderun twirled her club and swung sideways at Colored Man II from the front row again now that her head had cleared up.

Benji repeats his attack from the back row. Same battle order.

Benji, now a reptilian beast. looks at Bobby in an intimidating manner to suggest that he does nothing from the back to stay out of trouble. He licks his chops for effect.

OoC: gold should be at 542. Sorry for the confusion. But you keep forgetting that my darkness elemental weapon causes double damage to humanoid enemies. Maybe you shouldn't have taken me on your first hosted quest :tongue:

Edited by Flare

These things are becoming bothersome. Wandered lend me precision. Miderun be warry of the Carvenbeast. Do not put yourself between it and its prey. I shall take the other. Bobby, if you can understand, attack with me.

Attack Colorless Man III

From Front Row

OOC: Flare, in King's defense the only X2 damage I see in your equipment descriptions is X2 against vermin from the ratmancer's cowl. It is written somewhere else?

Edited by Asphalt

OOC: Flare, in King's defense the only X2 damage I see in your equipment descriptions is X2 against vermin from the ratmancer's cowl. It is written somewhere else?

OoC: I don't expect you to understand since you are a new player but King should understand. It's about the elements. My bow has the darkness element, among others, and humanoid enemies are weak to darkness, which means I get a 2x multiplier for all human enemies when I attack with the darkness elemental bow.

OOC: ohh ok Thanks, I will be sure to write that dawn for future reference. Again, sorry for my inexperience with things at this point. Soooo many things I need to learn.

Qm Note: fixed your gold, Flare. Sorry about all that. I'm going to give a few more hours to see if Zepher will post anything but the round will be up much much earlier than last night.

Qm Note: fixed your gold, Flare. Sorry about all that. I'm going to give a few more hours to see if Zepher will post anything but the round will be up much much earlier than last night.

Bobby will do nothing on his turn. from the back.

You can roll now :wink: He's confused and its not worth taking the risk of him killing a fellow teammate. It would be nice to finish this battle and move on with the quest!

Edited by Flare

Round 6

>Benji (Mediauk) vs Colorless Man II(considered Level 88)[back]: Revert (Benji reverts to humanoid form)

>Vindsval vs. Colorless Man III (considered Level 4) [front]: Critical Hit (3x2=6+2=8 Damage; Colorless Man at 16 HP)

>Miderun vs Colorless Man II (considered Level 4) [back]: (9 Damage; Colorless Man II at 15 HP)

>Bobby does nothing from the back row [back]: (Nothing happens)

Benji reverts to his humanoid form to make sure Bobby stays out of trouble during the round. Thanks to that, Vindsval lands a critical hit with his hammer on Colorless Man III, severely weakening him. Miderun does even better with a strong whack of her club against the side of Colorless Man II's head, dropping down even more. But the two enemies are still standing.

The Enemies:

blackened_corpse.jpg

Colorless Man II

Type

Health
: 15/40

SPECIAL
:
Desaturation

PASSIVE SPECIAL

Drops

blackened_corpse.jpg

Colorless Man III

Type

Health
: 16/40

SPECIAL
:
Desaturation

PASSIVE SPECIAL

Drops

The Party:

Benji Carvenhall
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 44 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*2x against Vermin*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(44+20)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
70/70
(6+42+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory:
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*
Confused
(two rounds left)

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 6
(1 + 3 +3)

Health: 7/7

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

face10.jpg

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Tricorne)

Health:
10/10

Ether:
4/6

Gold:

Inventory:

Miderun (CallMePie)

Level 2

Power:
(5 + 2 + 2)

Health:
9/9

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Remedy, Serstyral (WP: 3, axe)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Repeat! And same battle order!

And Bobby does nothing again.

Round 7

>Benji (Mediauk) vs Colorless Man II(considered Level 88)[back]: Extra Critical Hit (20x3=60+44=104x2=208 damage; 208-15=193 gold)

>Vindsval vs. Colorless Man III (considered Level 4) [front]: Critical Hit (3x2=6+2=8 Damage; Colorless Man III at 8 HP)

>Miderun vs Colorless Man II ColorlessMan III (considered Level 4) [back]: (9 Damage; Colorless Man III at 0 HP)

>Bobby does nothing from the back row [back]: (Nothing happens)

The party repeats their efforts with success. Benji aims his bow at his target, takes a breath and fires. The creature explodes on impact, gold flying in all directions. Vindsval lands his own critical hit. As Bobby continues to look around Confused, Miderun charges forward, roaring in her orcish language a guttural yell. She swings her club at Colorless Man III and kills him.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Everyone gains a level, except for Benji who gains 3/5 of a level.

The Party:

Benji Carvenhall
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 44.6 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*2x against Vermin*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(44+20)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
70/70
(6+42+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind

Inventory:
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 2

Power: 7
(2 + 3 +3)

Health: 8/8

face10.jpg

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Tricorne)

Health:
11/11

Ether:
4/7

Gold:

Inventory:

Miderun (CallMePie)

Level 3

Power:
(5 + 3 + 2)

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

Party Leader, please divide the loot amongst the party.

60 gold

light_armor.jpg Light Armor (SP: 3, suitable for knights, clerics, and paladins)

Vindsval claps all of his compatriots hard on their backs and lets forth a mighty bellow.

Well fought everyone.

​He reaches down and picks up the "Light Armor" and examines it closely.

Most beautiful work. Carvenhall, you are our leader and it is your decision as to the spoils of battle? May I keep this?

"Sure, I think you're the only one who can make use of it, mate. If you could return my tricorne, it'd be nice." Benji winks in a friendly manner and in return claps him on the back. He then looks at the rest of the party. "Good work everyone you guys are doing really well. I think we better see what's causing the dead to rise... This is getting more worrying every moment. But let us continue on to the orchard."

Loot Distribution!

Miderun - 30 gold

Bobby - 30 gold

Vindsval - light armor

Benji - nothing

In addition, Benji gives from his personal wealth:

To each of the three, 30 more gold.

"No problemo, padre, you guys deserve a little extra spending cash."

My Thanks, but may I keep the hat until we have returned to Heroica Hall? I feel it may yet be of use?

Vindsval Pockets the gold, and begins to expertly break down the armor and affix it to his harness. When he is done you would almost believe it was fashioned specifically for him. You wonder where he obtained the expertise to do such a thing. Then realize that a creature of his size, both larger than his father and smaller than his mother, has been forced to make due with ill fitting equipment his entire life.

I would prefer to spend some time in rest and meditation to replenish my energies and thank the Wanderer for this victory.

OoC: You can only equip one artifact at the time so you might as well wear your armor and let me get a little extra SP now that I can...

OOC: How do you know if something is an artifact, or a piece of clothing, or just armor? I assumed a hat was a hat and the armor was armor, since neither had any magical powers.

OOC: How do you know if something is an artifact, or a piece of clothing, or just armor? I assumed a hat was a hat and the armor was armor, since neither had any magical powers.

OoC: Mate, you really need to reread the rules. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84381&st=0 Read the very last picture, in the part about artefacts. Generally it should be written "bodywear", or "headwear", it seems that KingoftheZempk has forgotten to write "bodywear" on the armor, so maybe thats why you're confused. But the tricorne does say "headwear". You can only equip one artefact at a time, until you are Level 10 and then you can equip two. :wink: So give me my damn hat back! :tongue:

OOC I read that but it wasn't clear what constitutes an artifact. I assumed incorrectly that it had to have a magical effect or labeled Artifact to count as an Artifact. I didn't realize that if it granted SP it qualified it as an artifact. Its all cleared up now.

Vindsval hands the Tiny hat back to Benji.

Thank you for the use of your garment Carvenhall.