Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

Round 3

>Vindsval vs Heal Bobby [back]: Heal Less (Bobby +1 Health, 5HP; Vindsval -1 ether, 5-1=4Ether)

>Miderun (Serstyral) drinks a potion (back row): Restores Health (+10, 3+10=8HP)

>Bobby (Dope Dagger) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Critical Hit (3x2+1=7 Damage to Tom)

>Benji (Meduiak) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 85) [back]: Shield—Beast Unleashed (Benji turns into his beast form until he rolls a Shield or Revert again)

The heroes, worried about the previous round, take a breather before charging again. Vindsval manages to help Bobby out a little while Miderun manages to get back to full strength. Thanks to Vindsval's boost, Bobby is able to make his strongest hit on Tom. Benji uses his special Beast Unleashed and transforms, ready to rip Tom to shreds the next round.

ENEMIES

TomDaleCU_zps2f8c708c.jpg

Tom Dale

Type: Human

Level: Variable

Health: 21/45

SPECIAL: Teenage Angst – Tom charges the front row and causes 3 damage to each target on that row.

PASSIVE SPECIAL: Level is equal to attacking hero x2

Drops: 2 Mead, Club

THE PARTY

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader* *Beast Mode active*

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Power: 63 (43+20)

Defense: 9 (6+3)

Health: 35/69 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 108

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher) *Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 7 (1 + 3 +3)

Health: 5/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

face10.jpgVindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level: 1

Power: 4

Defense: 3 (Tricorne)

Health: 9/9

Ether: 4/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpgMiderun (CallMePie) *Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 1

Power: 6 (1 + 3 + 2)

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Miderun steps into the front row again to swing her axe at Tom's dumb head.

You will pay for your part in this Manling.

Luke I must put you down now. I have some business to take care of with Master Dale

Vinsdval reaches over his shoulder, picks up Luke, and sets him gently to the ground.come

Run over there little one, I will come for you soon and return you to your father and home.

Vindsval watches Luke scamper to safety, takes his hammer in a two handed grip, and swings it mightily at Tom Dale.

Attack Tom Dale with Hammer

From Front Row

>Vindsval (Hammer) vs Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Special - Teenage Angst (Vindsval -3 HP, 9-3=6HP; Miderun -3 HP, 8-3=5HP, Bobby -3 HP, 5-3=2HP)

>Miderun (Serstyral) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Shield - Frenzy (Tom Dale loses 6HP, 21-6=15HP)

>Bobby (Dope Dagger) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Special - Teenage Angst (Vindsval -3HP, 6-3=3HP; Miderun -3HP, 5-3=2HP; Bobby -3 HP, 2-3= 0HP, Knocked Out)

>Benji (Meduiak) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 85) [back]: Bite (Tom Dale loses 43 HP, Killed; Benji reverts to humanoid form after Tom's Death)

Vindsval, distracted by setting Luke down, isn't completely ready to attack Tom, allowing him to hit the Heroes in the front again. Miderun, ready, weakens Tom as he falls back, swinging Sertyral and giving him a good shake up. Bobby on the other hand let's Tom attack the three of them again, but Bobby was do weak to take a hit. He falls to the ground unconscious. Yet Benji, pulling up the rear, leaps towards the teenager and delivers a massive bite to the side of Tom's abdomen, ripping out his intestines, instantly killing the abusive male. Benji also finds Tom's hidden coin purse, taking 43 gold.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS.

Everyone except for Bobby (Zepher) has gained a level of experience.

THE PARTY

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 44 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Power: 64 (44+20)

Health: 65/70 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 151

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Tridentia Map

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 6 (1 + 3 +3)

Health: 1/7

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Level: 2

Power: 5

Health: 3/10

Ether: 4/6

Gold: 0

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Level 2

Power: 7 (2 + 3 + 2)

Health: 3/9

Equipment: Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Party Leader, please divide the loot earned.

heroica-highheels.jpg1x High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women.)

heroica-mead.jpg2x Mead (Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.)

1x Club (WP:5; suitable for barbarians, alchemists, beast warriors and infiltrators.)

10 gold

QM Note: Flare, I'm assuming you gain 1 HP at level up due to the base class, but do you gain +15 due to the Beast Warrior class, or is that just a one time deal you already have? I've added the 1HP to you already.

Luke Zent lets out a small huff and reaches his arms out to Vindsval.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

Bobby doesn't gain experience, having been KO'd at the end of battle. I should also gain 2 health thanks to Natural Respite. :thumbup:

Miderun smirked as Tom's blood splattered all over the place as Benji tore the fool in half despite the injures she's sustained. Slinging Serstyral over her back, she looks around to find Bobby on the ground.

"We've got things to do, get up."

She reached down and grabbed the rogue's collar, pulling him upright with little effort. The orc then glanced at Benji and motioned to Tom and Flora.

"And now we divy up their stuff, right?"

I mean current, not maximum health, sorry. :blush: You had the max health right, I should just heal by 2.

Edited by CallMePie

That is not how I would have wished for that to end. Vindsval looks sadly at the remains of the two dead. One a pompous youth with something to prove, the other an estranged mother at her wits end. He moves to Luke, picks him up and places him on his shoulders. I will take you home now young one. I believe your father would like to see you again.

Before leaving he kneels down, wraps Flora in her tattered dress and lifts her body gently. I'll not leave her for the carrion eaters.

Miderun, if you would carry Bobby back to the village, I believe we have some news to deliver. A nights rest will do use good, and then we need to be on with our mission.

OoC: Bite restores health, plus I hace natural respite. :wink:

Benji transforms back into his human state and spits as he tastes blood. He silently hands out the loot to the others.

Miderun - club, high heels

Bobby - mead, 5 gold

Vindsval - mead, 5 gold

Benji - nothing

"Yo, I'm gucci, no worries," says Bobby, though he wobbles a little. "We beat them? Swerve. Aight, back to town, okay?"

THE PARTY

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 44 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Power: 64 (44+20)

Health: 65/70 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 151

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 6 (1 + 3 +3)

Health: 1/7

Gold: 15

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead

Level: 2

Power: 5

Health: 3/10

Ether: 4/6

Gold: 5

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead

Level 2

Power: 7 (2 + 3 + 2)

Health: 3/9

Inventory: Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Club (WP: 5)

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

"Can we go back home now?" Luke asks, his eyes watering with tears.

"Hey little man, real sorry about all that biz, you know? That blows. You're a strong little guy to even be talking still. I know things look tough now, but trust me, yo, things always get better."

Yes Luke, we are taking you home now. Let's head back to town.

Edited by Asphalt

"Aye, let's head back to the town, and we'll see the reaction of the citizens. I regret the loss of life that took place here... not..." Benji looks carelessly at the dead bodies, not exhibiting a sign of compassion. But if the others paid close enough attention, as he looked at the child he looked at it with pity, but then again grouchily glared at the corpses, and starting coughing away again.

Edited by Flare

Miderun glanced at Luke, hesitantly giving him a somewhat rough pat on the back, before shuffling behind the rest of the party. She kept a close eye out for any trouble as they returned to town, letting the club hang from her belt as she examined the strange weaponized shoes they had looted.

The four heroes and the little boy make the journey back up the coast towards Tridentia. Luke says nothing as they travel. He just sits there, eyes glazed over.

Finally they reach Tridentia, and only Lacy, William and Daniel are there to greet them.

TailorWilliamMorrisCU_zpsd7cee3dd.jpg

"We were worried you weren't going to find them!"

CobblerDanielCasoCU_zps408e56fc.jpg

Daniel, in his old age, notices that Luke is quieter than normal. He looks around for Flora. "Good Heroes, where is the boy's mother?" He clears his throat. "Son, why don't you come to your papa over here?"

"Flora and some idiot sarkuun were trying to flee the island with a rowboat. On the open sea, they would've been dead. Luke says they hit him. So...we hit them." Miderun crossed her arms as she bluntly explained the situation.

Benji puts on a formal manner and tries to act comforting, although it is obviously an act. "We're most deeply sorry to inform you that regretfully the poor mother of this here darling child has been, um, sadly, and unfortunately, um, well, killed." He puts on a mournful look and continues on in a most pitiful manner. "We tried to save her, but she and her lover refused to return with us, and resorted to violence. We did all we could do protect the child and his mother, but the violence shown towards us was resentable. We defended ourselves and attempted to not hurt them, but sadly they were killed in the attempts on our lives. We did all we could to try and revive the mother, but sadly my arrow was in her nervous system her signs of life fleeted rapidly and despite our half-giant cleric's best attempts on healing her, she passed away. I mournfully bring you this news, but on the positive we were able to save poor Luke to bring back to you. He was brought against his will on an escape from the island, and I'm sure that he will be glad to return to you." Benji motions to Vindsval to let the child down by his father.

He coughs as the orc bluntly speaks the obvious truth. "And don't listen to my orc companion, please, she has no sense of manners! Ha! You know most orcs never do."

Edited by Flare

He coughs as the orc bluntly speaks the obvious truth. "And don't listen to my orc companion, please, she has no sense of manners! Ha! You know most orcs never do."

"I'm being honest with them. Hiding it in that pile of aepyornis shit you call manners isn't going to change what happened. You sound like one of those two-faced human diplomats."

Miderun shook her head.

"Vindsval tried to save her but she was already gone. Shame, but I'm sure you'll take far better care of Luke."

Bobby hangs back awkwardly, bobbing his head and flapping his lips a little.

Vindsval walks forward and eases the body of Flora onto the cobbles in front of townspeople. He gently unwraps her face.

It is true what both of my companions say. We were not the aggressors, but we did defend ourselves. I attempted to call her back, but it was not the Wanderer's Will. I pray that my protection of the son will ease the loss of the mother.

He reaches up onto his shoulder and picks up the boy. He steps forward and hands him down to Daniel.

You will be fine now Luke.

After letting go of the boy he reaches into his pouch, and removes a small carved stick. He hands it to William. In his hands it is nearly as big as a hammer handle.

Give that to the boy when he has calmed. It is a mark of the Wanderer. It will protect him.

Luke carefully went to Daniel, the old man scooped him up and gave him a hug. Luke studied the stick Vindsval gave him before uttering a thank you.

CobblerDanielCasoCU_zps408e56fc.jpg

"I only wish it hadn't happened this way. Who was the man with Flora? Now I'm also a man of my word, so here is 10 gold for each of you. Half-giant, you seem to be smart, so give these two remedies to who you see fit in the party."

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

Then, Luke went up to Vindsval hugged his leg and looked into his eyes. "I want to be a hero like you someday." And with that, Luke ran back into Daniel Caso's house with his gift of the Wanderer from his new friend.

TailorWilliamMorrisCU_zpsd7cee3dd.jpg

"I'm assuming you all need to rest, it is late and it will be easier to really start tomorrow morning. You all can sleep in my house if you wish, I have enough room. Though you, Vindsval, may find you may have to duck to get through the doors. What would you like to do?"

"We don't need to rest. I think that we should be heading to the graveyard tonight, I wonder if the source of the monochromization could be there." Benji looks at the others to see their opinions. "What do y'all think?" he asks them quietly.

"Rest would be nice," mumbled Miderun, rubbing her fractured shoulder briefly. "Then tomorrow we'll head to the orchard."

"Or perhaps just a heal, if we're in such a rush."

Benji looks over the crew, just now realizing their situation. A cleric without ether would be of little use, and didn't look like he had a tonic. Of course Benji wouldn't have one of him, so as the orc said, maybe it would be better to rest.

"Alright, I don't want to wear you fellers out, so I think that it would be lovely to rest. Thank you for your hospitality!"