Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

A small chuckle escapes from his lips. Yes, young one, I am indeed rather tall. He tosses the boat over the humans and up away from the shoreline. It won't be going anywhere soon. He moves slowly to the boy, kneels, and speaks as softly as his size will allow. My name is Vindsval. Tell me Luke is it not, what do you think is going on. Why are you leaving the island? Who is the small man with your mother?

Benji looks at the three. 'They didn't just get lost, they're escapibg the situation. They're not wanna come back with us.' Benji thinks to himself and doesn't verbalize any of his thoughts.

"Yo, bro, you don't have to worry about any of us hitting up your lady. We ain't like that, you hear? I'm not that kind of guy. We're just saying' maybe you should have a nicer boat know what I'm saying. Besides, if you're dipping because of that whole berry thing we're about to fix that stuff, aight? So stick around and show some faith."

"We're not here to attack you," explained Miderun, sounding a bit annoyed, but far from hostile. "We're part of Heroica. We're here to help your town with its berry problem. Some people mentioned you were missing so we came out here to find you. They're concerned. Apparently for good reason." The orc nodded towards the tiny rowboat. "Where I come from we have no ships. Every year a few orcs try to escape to better lands on boats like these. We never end up hearing from them again. What are you expecting to find when you leave this island?"

FloraZentCU_zps8df8d466.jpg

"I'm trying to escape with my son and lover away from here. We don't care where we go, we just want to get away from here."

A small chuckle escapes from his lips. Yes, young one, I am indeed rather tall. He tosses the boat over the humans and up away from the shoreline. It won't be going anywhere soon. He moves slowly to the boy, kneels, and speaks as softly as his size will allow. My name is Vindsval. Tell me Luke is it not, what do you think is going on. Why are you leaving the island? Who is the small man with your mother?

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

"Mommy and Tom don't like my dad and want to leave. Tom is only six years older than me but he beats me up a lot and mommy doesn't care. I want to go back home. Can you take me home Vindsvale?"

"I'm trying to escape with my son and lover away from here. We don't care where we go, we just want to get away from here."

"Even if you end up at the bottom of the ocean?"

"Mommy and Tom don't like my dad and want to leave. Tom is only six years older than me but he beats me up a lot and mommy doesn't care. I want to go back home. Can you take me home Vindsvale?"

Miderun blinked between Luke and Tom. Her red eyes narrowed at the latter.

"Is that so?"

He smiles warmly (at least what for him is a warm smile) at the boy. Yes Luke, if what you say is true and you are in danger from this man, I can and will take you home. And we will find truth in this matter. Vindsval sets down his hammer and holds his hands out to the child. Would you like to ride upon my shoulders and see the world as I do for a time?

"Yo man, that's messed up. There ain't no reason that anyone should be hitting you round, know what I'm saying? You just gotta defend yourself, or we'll defend you, since we're heroes you know?" Bobby looks at his party leader. "Hey, boss, what do we do when things are down like this? Do we just make the call or what?"

"I say we take them back. We'll let the locals take care of abusive cheating fellows. Although i wouldn't mind putting an arrow or three through his throat." Benji looks cunningly at the teen lover, and then the cheating lady. "If you don't come back with us now, I'm afraid that we'll have to use force. Violence is always a viable option, as my paps always would say. He. He. He." He starts breaking down into a coughing fit for a bit until he finally recovers his stability. He glares at the other heroes, hoping to reverse any possible sympathy.

Luke scrambles up into Vindsval's arms, a smile forming across his face.

"No you are not taking my son from me!"

Flora charges up and makes a grab for Luke. Tom raises his club.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

ENEMIES

Flora Zent

Type: Human

Level: Variable

Health: 50/50

SPECIAL: Love “Tap” – Flora side steps the target and punches the target in the face as the target loses 5 Health.

PASSIVE SPECIAL: Level is equal to attacking hero x2

Drops: 10 gold, High Heels

TomDaleCU_zps2f8c708c.jpg

Tom Dale

Health: 45/45

SPECIAL: Teenage Angst – Tom charges the front row and causes 3 damage to each target on that row.

Drops: 2 Mead, Club

THE PARTY

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Power: 63 (43+20)

Defense: 9 (6+3)

Health: 69/69 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 32

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher) *Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 7 (1 + 3 +3)

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

face10.jpgVindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level: 1

Power: 4

Defense: 3 (Tricorne)

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpgMiderun (CallMePie) *Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 1

Power: 6 (1 + 3 + 2)

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Everyone choose an action and row. Party Leader please pick an order of action.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

Vindsval places the boy on his shoulder. Hold onto my harness Luke. I do not want to hurt your mother, but I promised to take you home. He picks up his hammer and steps to the back row for the battle.

Position: Back Row

Action: Attack Dale

OOC: Vindsval does not want to hurt the woman and therefore went with the "pulling his punches so to speak" position of attacking from the back row.

"No you are not taking my son from me!"

"If you're going to let him get bullied by this little rat, damn right we will."

Miderun drew Serstyral, charging past Vindsval into the front row, swinging at Tom Dale.

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

"Hey man, I don't want to get violent but if you gotta you gotta, you know?" Bobby stabs at Tom Dale from the front row.

"Alright, I'll take care of the lady and the rest of you can beat up the child-beater..."

Battle Order

Benji

Vindsval

Bobby

Miderun

Benji attacks Flora Zent from the back row, with Meduiak.

OoC: Is the enemy's level equal to 12 or attacker*2??

QM Note: I'll fix that, and the round will be up later today, after I get back.

Round 1

>Benji (Meduiak) vs. Flora Zent (considered Level 85) [back]: Aim turns to Hit (Flora Zent 20+43=63x2=126 damage, Flora killed; Benji nets 76 gold)

>Vindsval (Hammer) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [back]: Critical Hit (Tom Dale 3x2+1=7 damage)

>Bobby (Dope Dagger) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Shield (Mug, Tom Dale 3x3+1=10 damage)

>Miderun (Serstyral) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Miss (nothing happens)

Benji leads the charge against Flora and her lover Tom. He fires his bow, yet it looks off target. But through luck, skill or chance, or maybe all three, the arrow flies true and strike Flora, killing her instantly. Vindsval causes massive damage to the teenager, who was distracted by the death scream from the woman. Bobby keeps up just as well with his Dope Dagger, injuring Tom even more than Vindsval does. Miderun, trying to show off, misses Tom.

ENEMIES

Tom Dale

Health: 28/45

SPECIAL: Teenage Angst – Tom charges the front row and causes 3 damage to each target on that row.

THE PARTY

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Health: 69/69 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 108

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Tridentia Map

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Health: 7/7

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

Level 1

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

"Mommy!" The little boy turns away from the sight and curls up in a fetal position behind Vindsval.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

QM Note: Please make sure you bold your actions. This is mainly for you Asphalt, as you did not in your post. It makes my job easier and when quests become much more complicated it's easier for everyone else to see what you're doing. :wink:Vindsval's ether was also fixed in the edit.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

Vindsval's physically attacking like the rest of us - his attacks don't consume ether. You also forgot to calculate Zepher's power bonus. :thumbup:

Miderun glances at the child hiding behind Vindsval, with sorrow, but no regret in her eyes. She then turns back to Tom, glaring as she swings her axe towards him from the front row.

Edited by CallMePie

Feeling the boy shake and quiver on his shoulder, Vindsval looks first at the bloody body of the woman they had been asked to return from danger, then at the manling who seems to be the cause of it all, then at Carvenhall who remorselessly struck down the Luke's mother.

WHY DID YOU FORCE US TO VIOLENCE? He bellows at the Tom. The sheer volume of his voice shaking the stones of the beach.

Cavenhall, Miderun, Bobby END HIM!! If the wanderer is willing there may yet be time to save the mother.

Vindsval takes two strides and kneels next to the stricken woman.

Attempt a healing on Flora

From Front Row

"Oh, sick, dude," says a pale-faced Bobby, using sick in it's original context and not the one where it means cool. "Holy Hels, boss, you sure can fire! Alright, let's end this little punk."

OoC: I know thay technically it doesn't matter since I will have killed her in any case, but my attack should've had a 2x multiplier causing 126 damage, giving me 76 gold because of my Overkill Gloves :sweet: So fix it! :tongue:

Benji looks indifferently at the fallen woman, but he doesn't stop Vindsval from attempting to heal her. Instead, he attacks Tom from the back with Meduiak.

Battle Order!

Vindsval

Miderun

Bobby

Benji

I knew I forgot something :facepalm: Fixed it.

QM note: Running the round right now, Zepher I'm asuming you're doing the same action as before? The round will be up in a few hours after my class.

Round 2

>Vindsval vs Flora Zent (considered Level 2) [front]: Heal Less (nothing happens, Flora Zent is a higher level)

>Miderun (Serstyral) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Damage (Tom hits Miderun; Miderun 2 damage; 8-2=6HP)

>Bobby (Dope Dagger) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 2) [front]: Special – Teenage Angst (Tom charges the front row and causes 3 damage to each target on that row. Vindsval 3-3=0 damage, still full Health; Miderun 6-3=3HP; Bobby 7-3=4HP)

>Benji (Meduiak) vs. Tom Dale (considered Level 85) [back]: Damage (Tom hits Benji; Benji 85/2=43, 43-9=34, 69-34=35HP)

Anxious to end the battle quickly, the party charges Tom Dale, save for Vindsval who desperately tries to heal the boy’s mother in front of him, but unfortunately he fails. Miderun makes another slash at Tom, but he counters with his club and hits the female orc. Bobby tries to make up for Miderun’s effort, but in his inexperience Bobby does worse, allowing Tom to spin around and hit Miderun and Bobby in the front in a fit of teen anger. Benji levels his bow, ready to make a shot, but Tom slips through the cracks and delivers a massive blow to Benji.

ENEMIES

Tom Dale

Health: 28/45

THE PARTY

29 year old half-elf

Health: 35/69 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 108

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Health: 4/7

Level 1

Health: 3/8

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Miderun grunted as Tom took two quick swings at her, the wooden club smashing into her bad arm. She reeled back, pulling her facemask down roughly so she could down a potion from the back row.

"Somebody put this guy down before I get my hands on him..."

The Will of the Wandered be Done. ​Vindsval hangs his head for the briefest of moments and stands in resignation. She was beyond my grasp to recall.

He looks up in time to see the man at the center of all this laying waste to his comrades with a flury of club blows. He sees Miderun quad a potion, he assumes it is one of healing, and moves quickly to Bobby.

Allow me to take care of that for you.

He places a massive hand on Bobby where he was hit.

HEAL BOBBY

FROM BACK ROW

"Thanks, big man! Yo, you're one of a kind, aight?" Bobby attacks from the front row.