Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

The Party:

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpgBenji Carvenhall, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms (Flare) *Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior *Natural Respite* *2x against Vermin* *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened Effects* *Immune to Ice and Water* *Overkill Gloves*

Power: 63 (43+20)

Defense: 9 (6+3)

Health: 69/69 (6+42+15+6)

Gold: 32

Equipment: Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's; darkness-, ice-, fire-, wind- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory: Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17; earth-, wood-, water-, lightning-, light- elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher) *Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 7 (1 + 3 +3)

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

face10.jpgVindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level: 1

Power: 4

Defense: 3 (Tricorne)

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpgMiderun (CallMePie) *Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 1

Power: 6 (1 + 3 + 2)

Health: 8/8

Equipment: Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

QM: Alright, these should be fixed but let me know if I missed anything. Just waiting for Zepher to confirm he is ready to travel and we'll be off.

The Heroes and their guide board the trading ship as crew members continue to load just a few items needed to take back to Tridentia. At dusk, the journey begins, the ship sailing off into darkness, slowly vanishing from sight.

The journey lasted only a fortnight, and aside from some rogue waves, nothing interesting of note occurred. Tailor William Morris sat up top fiddling with his clothes the entire time, but as soon as his beloved town of Tridentia came into view, his hands stopped, he stood tall, looking to see if his town had gotten worse from the mysterious problem, or even if it was there at all. But it was. A sigh of relief was audible from the tailor.

IMG_5103_zps3ad00a15.jpg

The group disembarked and entered the Town Square. The place was near empty. An old man sat leaning up against a tree, his fingers lightly tapping his walking stick. His eyes seemed glazed over, as if his mind was elsewhere. maybe it was. A weaving loom was off to the side, but only a small amount of red cloth was on it. Tailor William Morris walked up to a woman of flaming red hair.

TailorWilliamMorrisCU_zpsd7cee3dd.jpg

"Lacy, I've returned with Heroes from Eubrick to help solve the issue of the berries," the tailor said. He looked around, noticing the lack of people in the normally busy town of Tridentia. "Where is everyone?"

LacyLaneCU_zpsfc43650e.jpg

"They're all hiding in their homes or have fled the town while you were away," Lacy Lane said in her silky smooth voice. It sounded as rich as the vibrant colors of fabrics that sat in front of her might sound if they could speak. "And it's been worse while you were gone, too. More color has started to disappear. There are no more beautiful berries for dyes and some places are almost completely devoid of color. You've seen it but it got worse."

"And we still haven't discovered the problem?"

The woman shakes her head. Then her gaze moves over to the heroes who were standing behind William. "Oh, do forgive me, Heroes. My name is Lacy Lane, one of the shopkeepers in Tridentia, but as you can see, all the others have either closed up until the problem is solved or have left town, off to who knows where. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. We can't sell you the fine linens we have in stock right now, but if you complete your quest, we'll give you them as our thanks."

Supplies for sale

heroica-potion.jpg

Potion
(Restores 10 health to the target.) Costs 12 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpg

Remedy
(Removes all negative effects from the target.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-holybomb.jpg

Holy Bomb
(Causes 5 points of
Light
-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 20 gold.

heroica-elixir.jpg

Elixir
(Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target.) Costs 50 gold.

"I'm so sorry for the marked up prices," Lacy continues, "but we need to charge visitors more to keep this town afloat for now. But if you go to the berry orchard for me, I'll be able to give you a discount at the store. I'll make everything half off. How does that sound, Heroes? It shouldn't take you too long, it's just a bit of a ways out of town. This is very important to me, and I can't leave the shop and I'm too scared to go their myself."

No sooner had Lacy finished speaking when the old man by the tree stood up. His joints popped and cracked and he shuffled over to the group.

CobblerDanielCasoCU_zps408e56fc.jpg

"William, I didn't mean to over hear, but these our the heroes who have come to help?" the old man asked.

"Yes, Daniel, they are," William sighed. "Heroes, this is Daniel Caso, our town cobbler."

"I'm going to get straight to the point, if you don't mind, William," Daniel cut in. "I require assistance from you to find a, uh... person... yes that's the word... a person for me--"

"Is it Flora?"

The cobbler's face seemed to turn red. "Yes, it is her. She's gone missing. You see, Flora Zent is my favorite, er, lady in town and I haven't seen her for the past two days. I'm worried she's gotten lost with her son Luke. I think she may have gone down to the coast, or that's the way I saw her go a few days ago with him. Could you please find her for them for me? I'll give you each ten gold and two remedies to split between the four of you." The man's eyes soften when he is speaking about Flora and her son.

William turned to the heroes. "You're the professionals. What do you want to do?"

Miderun looked around the nearly deserted town curiously as they climbed off the ship.

"They just abandoned your town because the money ran out? That's quite a luxury."

She shook her head, glancing between Daniel and Lacy.

"It sounds like the missing woman is a more pressing matter than your berries, though I don't see any reason why we couldn't handle both in the time that we're here."

I too agree that the life of this woman is as important as the well being of the community. There would be great shame upon our names if we ignored the plight of any on this island.

"Don't worry fellows, we'll help both of you out. But first we should investigate the disappearing colors... Before it gets worse"

Edited by Flare

Since it has been several months since William has seen the island, Vindsvall straightens himself up to his full height, raises his voice to be clearly heards, and addresses the crowd.

William has told us what he knew of the plight, as it was before he left. He has been gone long, do any of you have new information that might help us to help you? You say you dont know the cause, but what have you seen? Tell us everything.

"Don't worry fellows, we'll help both of you out. But first we should investigate the disappearing colors... Before it gets worse"

"And if the Zents are killed while we worry over the color of berries?" remarked Miderun bluntly.

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

"Bro, I'm with the Orc. We gotta save the people before the berries, because like people are more important than berries, know what I'm saying?"

Miderun looked around the nearly deserted town curiously as they climbed off the ship.

"They just abandoned your town because the money ran out? That's quite a luxury."

"We are, or well used to be at this rate, a fairly rich colony. People had money saved. Many left to continue to make money and get food before their livelihood ended here and their money ran out."

William has told us what he knew of the plight, as it was before he left. He has been gone long, do any of you have new information that might help us to help you? You say you dont know the cause, but what have you seen? Tell us everything.

"Only that is has become worse, sir. Slowly but surely color has gone from the surrounding area. Most of the villagers believe that it is some supernatural spirit causing the problems, but I don't think so. I believe there is someone out there."

"It sounds like the missing woman is a more pressing matter than your berries, though I don't see any reason why we couldn't handle both in the time that we're here."

I too agree that the life of this woman is as important as the well being of the community. There would be great shame upon our names if we ignored the plight of any on this island.

"And if the Zents are killed while we worry over the color of berries?" remarked Miderun bluntly.

"Bro, I'm with the Orc. We gotta save the people before the berries, because like people are more important than berries, know what I'm saying?"

"Oh please do help get the Zents back. I'm worried sick. It won't take too long."

"If Mr. Caso is right about Flora heading towards the coast, she can't have gotten far. She's always in high heels and the terrain is rocky. Worse, she doesn't know how to swim. If you hurry, you could catch her by morning."

Miss Lacy, What is it that makes you believe there is someone to blame. Where did the blight start? Who owned those fields?

William, You have hired us to rid you of the curse upon your lands. It is in my heart to find the Zent woman and her child, but the four of us are sworn to you. If you give us leave to find this woman it shall be done, but if you feel the delay would doom your land we will honor your decision. The choice, as I see it, sits with you.

"Alright then. Let's go look for the Zents. We can't let these people's lives be at risk."

"We are, or well used to be at this rate, a fairly rich colony. People had money saved. Many left to continue to make money and get food before their livelihood ended here and their money ran out."

"They couldn't just hunt for themselves?" Miderun questioned, looking puzzled.

"If Mr. Caso is right about Flora heading towards the coast, she can't have gotten far. She's always in high heels and the terrain is rocky. Worse, she doesn't know how to swim. If you hurry, you could catch her by morning."

"Why are they out there then? Sarkual..."

Miss Lacy, What is it that makes you believe there is someone to blame. Where did the blight start? Who owned those fields?

"It started in the berry orchards, but that's the farthest out of town we go, aside from our graveyard. There's miles of woods and unexplored land we still haven't gone into yet."

"They couldn't just hunt for themselves?" Miderun questioned, looking puzzled.

"Why are they out there then? Sarkual..."

"Our folk aren't as sturdy as your kind. As for why Flora is out there, that's anyone's guess."

"Alright then. Let's go look for the Zents. We can't let these people's lives be at risk."

"Go whenever you're ready. I'll wait here to gather my things to come with you when you come back."

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

"Times a-wasting, know what I'm saying? I can't buy any of that stuff now, but just you wait for me to make some shiny-megablocks gold, brah, and I'll be back. 'Sides we gotta save those people, yo!"

"'Sides we gotta save those people, yo!"

"Accurate enough. Let's go find the Zents."

"Before we go, could we acquire a map of the island? It would prove useful in our work here..."

OoC: Generally when the party leader says to go, that means they're gonna go and you should move it along :tongue:

OoC: Generally when the party leader says to go, that means they're gonna go and you should move it along :tongue:

I generally wait until a majority players have spoken up, and I forgot to bold my vote. :blush:

William pulls out a wrinkled map and hands it to Benji.

TridentiaMap_zpsb978c53b.jpg

"This is a map of the known area of Tridentia. Flora and Luke are hopefully still along the coast. Come back here as soon as you can."

The Party
:

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 43.4 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*2x against Vermin*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
* *Immune to Ice and Water*
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(43+20)

Defense:
(6+3)

Health:
69/69
(6+42+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin)

Inventory:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17;
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental), Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (4), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (4), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 1

Power: 7
(1 + 3 +3)

Health: 7/7

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Tricorne)

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Tricorne (headwear, SP:3) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Remedy, Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie)
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 1

Power:
(1 + 3 + 2)

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Equipment:
Serstyral (WP: 3, axe), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Potion, Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare)

The Heroes set off in search of Flora Zent and her son Luke. The four hug the coastline, looking for any clues may help them. Yet if there were any footprints, the tides had already washed them away. The sun starts to set, casting long shadows along the sand. They continue to trek until just before the sun completely sets, they hear coming from behind some rocks. One is a distinctly feminine, sultry voice. Then there is a deeper one, but when he talks, there are cracks. Finally, a higher third voice chimes in. The Heroes carefully move around, and see:

IMG_5105_zps01bf8c48.jpg

FloraZentCU_zps8df8d466.jpg

"You know we can't swim and you only brought one tiny boat for all three of us!"

TomDaleCU_zps2f8c708c.jpg

"We just have to get to another IS-land, honey."

"You said there would be a boat waiting for us out there, but no, you just had to lie to me again."

"Don't you start that Flora!"

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

"I want to go home..."

"You shut up- wait, what's that? Who's there?"

I generally wait until a majority players have spoken up, and I forgot to bold my vote. :blush:

That's what I was doing, but I wasn't sure. Oops. :grin:

"Hey, where in the name of Azazot do YOU think you're going? You have people back there worried sick about you! We're heroes, from Eubric, and we've been hired to investigate the whole monochromization issue, and as a side job they had us keep an eye out for you folk. Now whatcha think you're doing with that teensy little boaty thing?" Benji kept a firm stance but tried to avoid complete aggresion, knowing that intimidation would be better saved for later.

"Yo, my dudes, I don't think that boats gonna be making it anywhere, you know? I mean, if ya'll want to leave the island I'm done with that, free will and all that, but I'm thinking the boat ain't the best way, right? Oh, sorry, bros, my name is Bobby by the way. How are you?"

Vinsval strides into the shallows, pick the tiny boat up, and put it on his shoulder. Like a normal man might shoulder a bag of flower. He looks down at the three.

We have also been sent to find Flora Zent and her young son. Their friends and neighbors are worried about them.

He peers down at the three humans.

Can I assume that you are she and that this, he nods his head towards the youngling is your son?

"Hey, where in the name of Azazot do YOU think you're going? You have people back there worried sick about you! We're heroes, from Eubric, and we've been hired to investigate the whole monochromization issue, and as a side job they had us keep an eye out for you folk. Now whatcha think you're doing with that teensy little boaty thing?" Benji kept a firm stance but tried to avoid complete aggresion, knowing that intimidation would be better saved for later.

"Yo, my dudes, I don't think that boats gonna be making it anywhere, you know? I mean, if ya'll want to leave the island I'm done with that, free will and all that, but I'm thinking the boat ain't the best way, right? Oh, sorry, bros, my name is Bobby by the way. How are you?"

Vinsval strides into the shallows, pick the tiny boat up, and put it on his shoulder. Like a normal man might shoulder a bag of flower. He looks down at the three.

We have also been sent to find Flora Zent and her young son. Their friends and neighbors are worried about them.

He peers down at the three humans.

Can I assume that you are she and that this, he nods his head towards the youngling is your son?

The small boy shrinks back at the size of Vindsval, but his eyes are a glow with amazement at the towering Hero.

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

"You're really tall," he says in a quiet voice.

"I don't care who sent you or why," the taller male said, his voice cracking again. "I want you guys to go back to where you came and leave me and my lady alone. Let me tell you, I'm not someone to pick on. Why don't you all go on your merry way to deal with those stupid berries?"

"Tom, they have weapons," Flora whispered to the man, no, not a man, rather a teenager, "Let's get out of here."

She directed her gaze to Vindsval. "You put that boat down. Tom, Luke and I are trying to get out of here. Who sent you?"

"Yo, bro, you don't have to worry about any of us hitting up your lady. We ain't like that, you hear? I'm not that kind of guy. We're just saying' maybe you should have a nicer boat know what I'm saying. Besides, if you're dipping because of that whole berry thing we're about to fix that stuff, aight? So stick around and show some faith."

"We're not here to attack you," explained Miderun, sounding a bit annoyed, but far from hostile. "We're part of Heroica. We're here to help your town with its berry problem. Some people mentioned you were missing so we came out here to find you. They're concerned. Apparently for good reason." The orc nodded towards the tiny rowboat. "Where I come from we have no ships. Every year a few orcs try to escape to better lands on boats like these. We never end up hearing from them again. What are you expecting to find when you leave this island?"