Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

Round 4

>Benji (Meduaik) vs Shade of Gray II (back): Damage (12-7=5; nothing happens)

>Vindsval (hammer) vs Shade of Gray I (front): Hit (20-7=13HP)

>Miderun (Club) vs Bessie (front): Shield – Frenzy (11 hit to all; Calder at 48HP, Bessie at 9HP, Shade of Gray I at 2 HP, Shade of Gray II at 39HP)

>Bobby (Dagger) vs Calder Den, II (front): Shield – Mug (15 damage, 48-15=33HP)

The bickering between the elf and the orc cause some interesting problems. Benji is hit by the Shade of Gray but shrugs off the attack as if it was a fly. Vindsval hits his own target. Miderun finally draws up on some hidden strength and injures every single opponent, a massive feat after not hitting the cow. Bobby also makes another strong hit on Calder Den.

The Enemies

sorcerer_calder_den_ii_cu.jpg

Sorcerer Calder Den, II
*Immune to Darkness*

Type:
Human

Health
: 33/90

SPECIAL I:
Color Drain –
The sorcerer frightens his target, causing the target to have the
Afraid effect.

SPECIAL II:
Adjust the Levels -
Calder calls a townsperson to join him in battle. The new enemy arrives after round.

PASSIVE SPECIAL:
Enemy is equal to x2 the attacking hero's level.

Drops:
70 gold, Robe of the Archmagi, fire gem

bessie_the_ox.jpg

Discolored Bessie the Ox

Type:
Beast

Level:

Health:
9/20

Special:
Charge -
Bessie runs at the hero, hitting them and causing 2 damage.

Drops:
2 bones

shade_of_gray_cu.jpg

Shade of Gray I

Type:
Dark

Level:

Health:
2/20

SPECIAL:
Bonding
– The Shade causes the target to be Enamored.

Drops:
Wand (WP:5;
suitable for mages, necromancers and scholars.
), 20 gold

shade_of_gray_cu.jpg

Shade of Gray II

Type:
Dark

Level:

Health:
39/50

SPECIAL:
Bonding
– The Shade causes the target to be Enamored.

Drops:
Hue and Saturation Whip (WP:7; causes target to be Enamored;
suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.
), 20 gold

The Party

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 45.2 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
* *Immune to Ice and Water*
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(45+20)

Defense:
(6+3+3
)

Health:
71/71
(6+44+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (Headwear, SP:3)

Inventory:
, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (4), Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map
, Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Note,
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17;
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 3

Power: 9
(3 + 3 +3)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 207

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead, Remedy

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Light Armor)

Health:
7/12

Ether:
3/8

Gold:

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Light Armor (bodywear, SP:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead, Halberd(WP:5; suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons and skirmishers.), Remedy

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie)
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 4

Power:
(5 + 4 + 2)

Health:
7/11

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe). 10 discolored berries, Remedy

Everyone choose your row and action. Party Leader please choose battle order.

"What was that about not hitting crap? You're falling behind now." Miderun grips her club with both hands, again ramming it into Bessie from the front row. "Alright cow, you totally asked for it."

"Not bad, orc."

Benji repeats, Bobby repeats, same battle order.

Round 5

>Benji (Meduaik) vs Shade of Gray II (back): Extra Critical Hit (60+45=105; 105-39-66 gold)

>Vindsval (hammer) vs Shade of Gray I (front): Damage (4-3=1; 7-1=6HP)

>Miderun (Club) vs Bessie (front): Shield – Frenzy (11 hit to all; Calder at 22HP, Bessie killed, Shade of Gray I killed)

>Bobby (Dagger) vs Calder Den, II (front): Special – Adjust the Levels (6 was rolled, Special I was odd numbers, Special II was even; Townsperson joins the battle)

Once more the party goes in. Benji eliminates the Shade of Gray that had been giving him trouble and picks up a modes amount of gold. Vindsval on the other hand is injured by his opponent. Miderun again shields the party and kills not only Bessie, but Vindsval's Shade of Gray. Bobby seems to have his luck run out as he allows Calder Den to use his magic to call another townsperson to his side.

The Enemies

sorcerer_calder_den_ii_cu.jpg

Sorcerer Calder Den, II
*Immune to Darkness*

Type:
Human

Health
: 22/90

SPECIAL I:
Color Drain –
The sorcerer frightens his target, causing the target to have the
Afraid effect.

SPECIAL II:
Adjust the Levels -
Calder calls a townsperson to join him in battle. The new enemy arrives after round.

PASSIVE SPECIAL:
Enemy is equal to x2 the attacking hero's level.

Drops:
70 gold, Robe of the Archmagi, fire gem

scared_villager.jpg

Scared Villager

Type:
Human

Level: 6

Health:
25/25

SPECIAL:
Flailing Strike -
The scare villager charges out an quickly slaps all in the attacking hero's row, giving 3 damage to each.

Drops:
Soiled Smallclothes (WP: 3; has a 1/2 chance of causing target to be Afrai;
ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)

The Party

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 45.2 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
* *Immune to Ice and Water*
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(45+20)

Defense:
(6+3+3
)

Health:
71/71
(6+44+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental), Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (Headwear, SP:3)

Inventory:
, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (4), Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map
, Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Note,
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17;
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 3

Power: 9
(3 + 3 +3)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 211

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead, Remedy

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Light Armor)

Health:
6/12

Ether:
3/8

Gold:

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Light Armor (bodywear, SP:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead, Halberd(WP:5; suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons and skirmishers.), Remedy

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie)
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 4

Power:
(5 + 4 + 2)

Health:
7/11

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe). 10 discolored berries, Remedy

Everyone choose your row and action. Party Leader please choose battle order.

QM Note: Bobby's gold was also fixed this round.

Edited by KingoftheZempk

Miderun finishes beating the hell out of the shade and the cow, turning her club on Scared Townsperson from the front row.

OoC: I should have made gold from my mugging.

"Yo man, you can do you, but it ain't cool to make other people chill with you and fight us. Not cool, my man." Bobby repeats.

Epic Strike My Friend.

Vindsval turns his attention to the Sorcerer.

It is time for you to stop this.

Attack Calder

From Front Row

Benji attacks the Scared Towns person from the back row, with Meduiak. (2x multiplier)

Same battle order.

Edited by Flare

Round 6

>Benji (Meduaik) vs Scared Villager (back): Extra Critical Hit (60+45=105x2=210; 210-25=185 gold; Scared Villager dead)

>Vindsval (hammer) vs Calder Den, II(front): Damage (8-3=5 Damage; 6-5=1HP)

>Miderun (Club) vs Scared Villager Calder Den, II(front): Critical Hit (5x2=10+4+2=16 Damage; 22-16=6HP)

>Bobby (Dagger) vs Calder Den, II (front): Critical Hit (6-15=0HP; Calder dead)

Benji takes on the new comer with a critical hit and also picks up 185 gold. Vindsa, eager to end the battle attacks to early and is instead injured and is almost knocked out. Miderun takes advantage of the distracted sorcerer and hits him over the side of the head. Stunned, the sorcerer falls to his knees. Bobby comes in with a lightning fa strike to Calder Den’s throat.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Party leader, please divide the loot:

Soiled Smallclothes (WP: 3; has a 1/2 chance of causing target to be Afrai; ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)

138 gold

Fire gem

heroica-robeofthearchmagi.jpgRobe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect, suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars.)

2 bones

Wand (WP:5; suitable for mages, necromancers and scholars.)

Hue and Saturation Whip (WP:7; causes target to be Enamored; suitable for rogues, artisans, beast warriors, harlots, marauders and necromancers.)

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb x3

Ornamental Throwing Knife (WP: 6, has a 1/3 chance of causing target to be Confused; ranged; retrievable throwing weapon; suitable for rangers, rogues, beast warriors, infiltrators, scholars and winged warriors.)

As Calder Den, II dies, his body and magic staff disintegrate. His gem begins to glow a bright, hot color. Everyone in the vicinity has to shield their eyes as the gem glows brighter and brighter. It seems to be glowing as if the sun was brought down to land. BOOM. The sound echoes through Tridentia and throughout the whole island. Seconds pass as everyone keeps their eyes closed, realizing they are still breathing. When they open their eyes, all around the color has been restored. The loss of color in the town has been fixed. Luke climbs up the side of a building and carefully makes his way onto the roof.

LukeZentCU_zps25855927.jpg

"I can see green!" Luke shouts with excitement. "The trees no longer look ugly! They're bright!"

Vindsval throws back his head and releases a loud joyous bellow.

And so shall you ever Luke. So shall you ever.

It was a narrow thing, but we were victorious. Let us celebrate.

OOC: I would be happy to take the robes and Gem if no one objects.

Edited by Asphalt

OoC: Any other loot requests?

Benji wipes his brow. The battle wasn't as hard as usual. But still he was feeling tired. 'I haven't been able to transform into my beast form recently. What's wrong with me...' He thinks to himself.

He looks up and raises his bow high. "And there will be peace forever more in the island of Tridentia! We have rid you of this cruel sorceror, his fate was well deserved."

OoC: I would like the whip. I would like the dagger as well, but am far less attached to it.

"Yo, that wasn't too tough, aight? And those colors are coming back." Bobby stares at the world as color returns to it. "Trippy, man. I dig it. Ain't a half bad reward."

Vindsval reaches up and plucks luke from the roof.

Would you like to see the island from on high small one?

He cups the small boy in his hands and tosses him into the air, as a child might do a toddler. Luke flies up into the air, giggling and laughing with glee, before Vindsval catches him gently and tosses him a second time.

Edited by Asphalt

Just gold is cool.

Miderun shielded her eyes a bit from the violent flash of light and color, then looked around, impressed, seeing Tridentia awash in vibrant hues.

"Well....there you go, then. Crazy old man had it coming." Miderun hung the club from her belt. "I guess that means it's over then."

Loot distribution:

Vindsval - Robe, gem, smoke bomb

Bobby - whip, spoiled small clothes, smoke bomb, 18 gold

Miderun - 120 gold, smoke bomb

Benji - wand, 2 bones, dagger

Edited by Flare

Vindsval takes the robes and gem from Carvenhall.

Thank you my friend, I will use these items as wisely as I can. I can feel great potential within them.

He places the Gem in one of his pounches and lays the robes over a nearby fencerail. With the same care and dexterity he used to put them on his harness he Removes the Armor of Light, puts it away in his pack. He then Equips the Robes of the ArchMagi, ​but on him it is more of a Tunic of the Arch Magi.

His eyes flare white for a moment as the robes settle on his shoulder.

Yes, great potential indeed.

"No worries my friend. Also, if you all could return the borrowed items, I'd appreciate them back."

Edited by Flare

Miderun stowed her gold, pulled off her gloves and handing them along with the Phoenix Essences to Benji. She hesitated, then slipped into the high heels awkwardly.

"Weird..."

Edited by CallMePie

Benji accepted the gloves, put them in his bag, and looked back at the orc. She was taller, after putting on the high shoes, at eye level with him. He snorted and looked away, looking instead at the townspeople who were strangely silent.

Indeed, I believe this was yours.

​Vindsval hands the Pheonix Essence he borrowed from Carvenhall back to the beastman.

Standing tall in his new threads, Luke sitting on his shoulder, Vindsval walks over to the cluster of villagers and extends a hand to William.

Sir, I apologize for bringing the fight to your doorstep, but you must understand I had to try to solve this peacefully. Regardless of that, I assume that the end result is satisfactory and that you consider your contract with the Guild Fulfilled?

QM Note: I'll have the update up later today, you're almost there guy.

Bobby gives the whip a few experimental cracks. "Wow, man, this whip is tight. Thanks boss man." He hands back the Phoenix Essences. "These are your's, so... you know. What's the haps now? Get a ship or what?"