Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #110: Color Me Gone

Miderun does nothing, still dizzy.

"Hold on, hold on, I just need a second, I can still get him!"

Round 6

>Vindsval vs Evil Monk (front): Critical Hit (3x2=6+3=9 Damage; 1-9=0 HP)

>Benji (Meduaik) vs Evil Monk (back):

>Bobby vs Evil Monk(front):

>Miderun does nothing from the back row.

Vindsval leads the final push on the Evil Monk and with a roar of anger, he kills the Evil Monk, releasing it from it's pain.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Party leader, please divide the loot. Everyone has reached their next level.

36 gold

Halberd (WP:5; suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons and skirmishers.)

3 bones

The Party

9173297646_e66d93ed81_o.jpg

Benji Carvenhall
, the Dragonslayer and the Champion of the Northern Kingdoms
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 45.2 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
* *Immune to Ice and Water*
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(45+20)

Defense:
(6+3+3
)

Health:
70/70
(6+42+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Meduiak (Precision Bow; WP:20; AIM's become HIT's;
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental),
Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (Headwear, SP:3)

Inventory:
, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (7), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map
, Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Note,
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:17;
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 3

Power: 9
(3 + 3 +3)

Health: 6/8

Gold: 95

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Asphalt)

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Light Armor)

Health:
11/11

Ether:
4/7

Gold:

Equipment: Montain Hammer (WP:3), Light Armor (bodywear, SP:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead

14672251026_7ce2a272c5_t.jpg

Miderun (CallMePie)
*Immune to Weakened Effect*

17 year old female orc Barbarian

Level 4

Power:
(5 + 4 + 2)

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe). 10 discolored berries

The body of Captain Terrence Lester twitches slightly, a spasm? But if one looks closely, they could see his mouth was moving just barely, trying to form words, his voice so soft and weak one couldn't hear it even if one was kneeling.

Miderun shook her head, clearing up her confusion easily now that the monk was dead - though she was disappointed to have missed the chance to take him out herself.

"Of course.." Her gaze drifted towards the captain. "Vind, see what you can do for this guy. I...think he's trying to tell us something."

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

"Yo, we best be saving that dude. But I think we also gotta go find that a-hole who was talking through him. I'm all about people doing what they do but only if they ain't screwing any one else over, know what I'm saying, and that dude is screwing other people over."

Vindsval kneels beside the fallen captain, and places a hand lightly on his chest. He whispers a blessing and a glow emanates from beneath his palm.

Be at peace Captain, we have released you. Please tell us how we can avenge you and save your people.

"Good job fellows, now we know for sure that there is a dastardly wizard in these parts.... Hmmm" Benji looks through his bag and finds his magic compass, trying to use it to find the sorcerers location.

Loot!

Vindsval - Halberd, 12 gold

Bobby - 12 gold

Miderun - 12 gold

Benji - 3 bones

In addition, Benji gives 100 gold and a remedy to each party member.

The Party

Benji Carvenhall
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 45.2 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(45+20)

Defense:
(6+3+3
)

Health:
71/71
(6+44+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental),
Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity to asleep, blinded, confused, fragile, and weakened effects), Overkill Gloves [borrowed from Galen] (handwear, +1 gold for every point of damage done extra when defeating an enemy), Scaly Skin of the Allanoid (SP:6, backwear, suitable for Ranger and Barbarian Oriented Classes and Beast Warriors), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Bodywear, Immunity to Ice and Water, Suitable for Barbarians, Beast Warriors and Regulators), Tricorne (Headwear, SP:3)

Inventory:
, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (4), Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map
, Ratmancer's Cowl (headgear, the wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin),
Note,
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 3

(3 + 3 +3)

Health: 6/9

Gold: 207

Equipment: Dope Dagger (WP: 3), Brown Dragon Girdle (bodywear, power +3; immunity to wood; suitable to rangers, rogues, alchemists and beast warriors) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead, Remedy

face10.jpg

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Light Armor)

Health:
12/12

Ether:
4/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead, Halberd(WP:5; suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons and skirmishers.), Remedy

Miderun (CallMePie)

Level 4

Power:
(5 + 4 + 2)

Health:
11/11

Gold:

Equipment:
Club (WP: 5), Puglist's Gloves (Handwear, +2 Power, Immune to Weakened Effect) (Lent by Flare)

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe). 10 discolored berries, Remedy

captain_terrence_lester_cu.jpg

"Please... please don't let the town know what happened to me," the captain coughs, dark blood gurgling up through his mouth. He weakly turns to Benji. "You d... don't need that." He points to the compass. "I could feel... the sorce...erer's spirit pulling on me. He's somewhere... to the west." He coughs again. "I never went there, he tried... to pull us there. I don't know where... he is... but he's there." Captain Terrence's eyes drift over to Vindsval. "Please... say some... words?" Terrence's eyes glaze over. He's gone.

Benji's compass orients itself, pointing west, exactly like the now deceased Tridentia captain said. There's a small wrought iron fence, easily able to jump over followed by bushes and trees, ones that look much easier to pass through then the ones at the orchard did.

What shall the party do?

Edited by KingoftheZempk

OoC: I don't think that you added the bones to my inventory, and you probably should add a description to the halberd in case Asphalt feels tempted to mess around :tongue:

Benji leads the party through the obvious path to the sorceror. He motions for Vindsval to heal Bobby.

The bones are there, they're the very very last in your inventory in the small size.

OOC: shouldnt my new health be 12 and my essence 8?

Vindsval moves to Bobby, and places his hands on his shoulders. He whispers to himself and they begin to glow..

Be healed and at peace my strange little friend.

HEAL BOBBY

Edited by Asphalt

The bones are there, they're the very very last in your inventory in the small size.

Oh, ok, its just that I already have one bone (in the middle of the second-to-bottom row!), so maybe you could merge those together.... Also my health should be: Health: 71/71 (6+44+15+6)

Can we just move onto the next part since the quest has already been moving sort of slowly, and I think that no one will have a problem with just moving on.

Miderun nudged the captain's body into one of the empty graves, then ran the blade of her axe against the stone to create a spark and light the body aflame before heading off after the party.

Vindsval heals Bobby back to full health.

The Party

Benji Carvenhall
(Flare)
*Party Leader*

29 year old half-elf

Level 45.2 Beast Warrior
*Natural Respite*
*Gains Triple XP*
*Immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
Effects
*Overkill Gloves*

Power:
(45+20)

Defense:
(6+3+3
)

Health:
71/71
(6+44+15+6)

Gold:

Equipment:
darkness-
ice-
fire-
wind
- elemental),

Inventory:
, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf - (accessory), Sterile Gloves (Handwear, Immune to poisoned- and bleeding–effects), Winged Sandals (accessory, immune to bound- and slowed-effects), Snake Eye Charm (accessory, immune to petrified-effect), Health Core (4), Greater Potion (consumable, +50 health) (3), Grand Potion (9), Potion (3), Remedy (4), Phoenix Essence (2), Dragon Scales (3), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (4), Mead (3), Flame-Distilled Brandy (4), Mulled Wine (3), Venom, Smoke Bomb (3), Soma, Chaotic Bomb, Cosmic Essence, Skeleton Decoy, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb (2), Water Bomb, Bone (4), Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel
Tridentia Map
Note,
earth-
wood-
water-
lightning-
light-
elemental)

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpg

Bobby "Young" Bucks Jr.
(Zepher)
*Immunity to Wood*

19 year old human rogue

Level 3

(3 + 3 +3)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 207

Inventory: Potion, Venom, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), Mead, Remedy

face10.jpg

Level
:

Power:

Defense:
3 (
Light Armor)

Health:
12/12

Ether:
3/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bed Roll, Phoenix Essence (1 lent by Flare), Mead, Halberd(WP:5; suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons and skirmishers.), Remedy

Miderun (CallMePie)

Level 4

Power:
(5 + 4 + 2)

Health:
11/11

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Mead, Phoenix Essence (2 lent by Flare), High Heels(Power +1; suitable for women.), Serstyral (WP: 3, axe). 10 discolored berries, Remedy

The body of Captain Terrence Lester starts to burn from Miderun's action. The flames dance and crackle as the heroes turn away and head towards the sorcerer. Not even a half mile out, the party notices that now, all color is gone. Only black and white exist now, nothing else. Even the animals are made of the two colors. The group presses on though for three more hours, and it becomes impossible to tell what the time is.

And then, past a clearing, the group sees a cave. Benji's magic compass is pointing directly to here. This must be the right place.

img_5107.jpg

The party heads inside and out from the darkness steps the one thing that has color though it's hard to tell due to his dark clothing. A brilliant red gem is held in one hand and a staff in the other.

sorcerer_calder_den_ii_cu.jpg

"Greetings, heroes," the sorcerer says in a rich, melodic voice. "By now you have heard of me. I am Calder Den, II, named for my father. From talking with you through the captain and hearing what you all have said, I know why you're here so how about we just skip that part?" Calder Den waves his staff and rocks come up behind him and quickly form into a chair which he seats himself in. He motions with his staff again, but this time behind the heroes the rocks come up. They too form chairs. Four, to be exact. He motions for the party to sit with him.

"The past years have been a... troubling time for me" the sorcerer continues. "My son was taken from me twelve years ago after my father exiled me from our home. I caught my father beating a woman he found on the streets in our house. He enjoyed seeing the different colors on her body he made. He did the same to animals before and people of other races, not just humans or elves, too. But when I saw him with that woman, I lost it. So I started using my magic to make the colors on her disappear. The black and blue marks, the red blood, everything went away. But he caught me, exiled me, and took my young son Charlie from me."

The sorcerer leaned back in his chair for a few quiet moments. "I fled here," he softly spoke. "Nobody was here, just animals and the forest and nature. It allowed me to practice my magic and think, think of how to get my son back. Yet my thoughts were interrupted about three years ago. My peaceful life was disturbed. The people of Tridentia came. Now I had no quarrels with people coming to live in a place like this. I had done the same, you see. I did have a problem with them taking from the land like they did, completely ruining it. Destroying it. The things they did, taking the berries, my new home, destroying the forest to grow their orchards and town. I was fine with them when they stayed in their town and I was far off from them, but no they kept expanding. You went to all of those places, I know you did.

"The Tridentians are immoral and sinners. They have been taking without giving. I see much here, on this island, I've seen that thug beat the prostitute and her son multiple times, many before you got here. And don't get me started with the old man as well. The woman who runs the store does not respect the animals of the island at all; she skins them quite cruelly. The tailor, a conniving, thieving fiend. He stole many things before coming to Tridentia. This is a town built on corruption, greed and criminals. And it's not just them who you met, it's many of the others as well."

A pretty tale Enchanter, but how are we to believe one who would corrupt life as we saw with the Captain. I have known many wicked men, but none deserve the torment you inflicted up him and his leftennant.

Edited by Asphalt

Miderun remained standing, arms crossed.

"I'll have a chat with them when I get back. That still leaves the issue of the angry necromancer stealing corpses and using them as tools."

"Yo man, that's one sad megablocks story, but you can't go mess with other people's shiz just 'cause you don't like it. You gotta talk to them, or whatever. Or just learn to live with it, you know? That's the way things are."

"How can you believe me, tall one?" Calder snorted. "Did you not see what they have done to each other and the land? The abuse that goes on? That is what I'm talking about. I may not be the best soul out there but I only used their own against themselves. Nothing more. And talk? Coming from people who fight for a living? You know better than I do talking doesn't always equal results.

"I have a proposal for you: you fight for me. Attack Tridentia, and I will pay you more than they are giving you. You can keep anything you find. How does that sound?"

"I have a counter proposal for you, oh enchanter. Come with us to the people of Tridentia. We will have a civilised conversation with them. Whichever side strikes first, we will eliminate. If these people are really the killers that you make them out to be, then it won't take long for them to attavk us, and we will not bring you to a peaceful talk just for you to be slayed unfairly. However if you attack them again, we will be forced to eliminate you. Anyways... How much pay are we talking about here...!?"

"Like I said, much more than they are giving you. At least double. Would this fire gem I hold also say you all? I admit it is rather valuable to me, but my life is more so than a gem."

Carvenhall, It goes against all I believe to aid one who would violate the dead. But I do see wisdom in your proposal. What say you enchanter? Will you act as you speak. If indeed you are a victim here, we will protect you, accept your gold and receive your gems. If you are a fiend we will destroy you and fulfill our contract with the villagers. As YOU say, we are paid to fight, but I would prefer to aid righteous as we find them.

"Yo man, this guy is whack. He's a straight killer, yo! We can't be helping him, and I don't even know if I think we should take him to the people. I think we should take him off the island, you know?" Bobby shrugs. "Your call, boss man, but I ain't helping this dude."