mccoyed

The Dark Tower in Lego

Thanks but you'll have to compliment Stephen King, not me. These builds are adaptations of parts of his book series.

Terrific! I can't wait to see more if you keep going, I'm especially curious about how you'll make susannah and oy <3

Anyway great work, looking forward to your next piece :)

Terrific! I can't wait to see more if you keep going, I'm especially curious about how you'll make susannah and oy <3

Anyway great work, looking forward to your next piece :)

Thank you very much. I'll definitely keep going, and probably keep on with these smaller vignette-style builds to make it all more feasible. Susannah posed the difficulty of their being only ONE (so far as I could find) female minifig of African-American coloring available. And then only recently. I got myself a Storm and she'll do the job! As for Oy... I'm not looking forward to that difficulty. I think it's going to be hard to do him justice.

nice :wink:

Thankee sai!

Thank you very much. I'll definitely keep going, and probably keep on with these smaller vignette-style builds to make it all more feasible. Susannah posed the difficulty of their being only ONE (so far as I could find) female minifig of African-American coloring available. And then only recently. I got myself a Storm and she'll do the job! As for Oy... I'm not looking forward to that difficulty. I think it's going to be hard to do him justice.

So I actually thought the same thing, but apparently there are more dark skinned female faces - they're just disguised as non-human :yoda: Obscure Jedi to the rescue!

I may get around to the supplementary stuff after I finish the builds for the 7 books.

My intention was actually to suggest them as reading to Praiter Yed, rather than suggest them as models. I probably should have stuck in more quotes, but it was kind of an extension of the "definitely read book seven" that you said

Ah gotchya. I've seen dark skinned female faces in SW Lego but they usually have tattoos or markings.

15128651046_4953a4ceae_z.jpg

Roland awoke by the ruins of the campfire to find himself ten years older... and the man in black was a laughing skeleton in a rotting black robe...

Yessir. Not sure how big I'd make it. I plan to try and keep these builds smallish but who knows. By the time I get to Book 7's climax...

AWESOME! Please keep going... i've read the books and it's such a joy to see it realized in LEGO like this.

I need to build me a Roland!

I know what torso and legs you used for your Roland (Bard the Bowman), but what about the other parts? what is that gun holster piece? etc.? I'm not very familiar with western pieces (I should become familiar!)

Edited by Zulithe

Zulithe: I bought the guns from Brick Warriors (IIRC) and they're the perfect Big Irons to me. :P

I just used small black rubber bands to hold them in place. In the first build, I used sword sheathes from the POTC sets but I didn't like how stretched they got from having guns in them. Plus, shoulder straps aren't quite right anyway. I'm glad you like the builds (and the books!). Stay tuned. I totally intend to finish this project at a rate of one build every week or two.

Thanks for filling me in. It's a shame we don't have some actual minifig holsters but your compromise still turned out well in the photos.

Really hope we'll see The Dark Tower realized on the screen someday. Maybe when HBO is done with Game of Thrones? :) Not that I want GoT to ever end... :p

Thanks for filling me in. It's a shame we don't have some actual minifig holsters but your compromise still turned out well in the photos.

Really hope we'll see The Dark Tower realized on the screen someday. Maybe when HBO is done with Game of Thrones? :) Not that I want GoT to ever end... :p

Yeaaaaah. I've seen some 3rd party ones out there. I had a couple Brickforge ones (I think?) but they broke.

great builds so far. Looking forward to the rest.

Simple and effective!

Thanks guys. I'm a little late on my next one. I'll get it out soon!

15304673260_e9d31e51a1_z.jpg

Second build for Book 2 finally done. I was on a bit of a Lego hiatus and to be honest, had some creative block with this one. It's not my favorite but it'll do.

OP updated.

I like it. In fact, I like it so much I just tweeted it to Mr. Stephen King. I hope he checks it out!

I like it. In fact, I like it so much I just tweeted it to Mr. Stephen King. I hope he checks it out!

That's so awesome. I wonder if he saw it!

Here's the next one!

15410616427_ff51abf5de_z.jpg

While I definitely enjoy your GOH builds, I think these are my favorite from you. I've been watching these for a while, and I must admit they've got me wanting to start reading these books. Very nice wheel chair by the way.