Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #105: Eternal Reaper

Jeaux grabs his hand-cannon upon seeing Masson. He recognized the purple robes and hood from the man who had threatened Karie, Em, and himself on their first quest for Heroica. "What are you doing here?"

Boomingham smiles quietly to himself as the automaton responds to Masson. Boomingham himself simply doesn't look at the man or his lover.

"I think Erdy should be our party leader."

"The tree lady has my vote too," says Boomingham, beaming at her. "Lord Lawrence Boomingham, by the way. Have we met? I'm not such a hot shot when it comes to that sort of stuff."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Since it appears that you're all here, there is something I'd very much like to emphasize: The Regret's legions, despite their inherent wickedness, display excellent cooperation. His entire army acts in almost perfect unity. After all, all of his followers are either made by him or mercilessly brainwashed into servitude, from what we know. There is no dissent within his ranks, and you must be wary of that. Any sort of weakness or tension in your group will allow The Regret to pry your party apart. You musn't let this happen.

"A monster who brainwashes his followers into servitude? Yes, I know the time. I understand why you've picked the party you've picked. We're well experienced with it - more some than others, I'm sure." Boomingham offers his hand to the Sand Queen. "I don't believe we've met, but you probably know who I am with visions and all. Lord Lawrence Boomingham, leader of quite a few quests for Heroica. I don't know if I've met any of the Veterans other that Copper Fox, and that was only once. Do you keep eyes on us, or is this your first time even hearing of my charms?"

There is a hint of sharpness in the Sand Queen's voice, and an unmistakable authority.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"Although your special brand of "politness" is appreciated, Mr. Boomingham, I would encourage you to focus on the task at hand here.

As for how we Veterans operate... I think you'll agree that that is something veterans and veterans alone should know."

Boomingham laughs and winks. "Alright, Madam Sand Queen, you've got it. I'll stay right on task, and we'll talk over drinks when I return successfully, huh? Anyway, I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is. Onwards and upwards and all that."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"...I think not, unfortunately."

The Sand Queen mutters something borderline inaudible.

"Usually these garbs enforce modesty..."

Boomingham shrugs. "Hel, serve an organization long enough you'd think the higher ups would be happy to see you. When I served in the Orcish wars I only ran into another general once - usually got messages by messenger - sorry, one other general who outranked me, ran into loads of little generals like me - anyway, he threw an all out feast for me, shook my hand, thanked me for my efforts - shook my hand, don't know if you caught that part-" Boomingham still holds his hand out- "and wished me luck. But Hel, what do I know? Worlds changed a lot in two hundred something years. Hospitality just isn't what it was."

The Sand Queen frowns.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"I do wish you luck Mr. Boomingham, but Heroica isn't exactly an army. I hope you'll respect our occasional lack of transparency, but do know that this system is going to change on a whim."

"All I asked for was a drink and a handshake, not some transparency or change of code. I'd bet you ten gold pieces Copper Fox would have a drink with me." Boomingham shrugs again, and then grins, and then laughs. He dismisses the whole affair with a wave of his big hand. "I'm just razzing you. Don't worry so much, my Queen. I'll still fight battles for you. What else is a King supposed to do?"

OOC: Drat, forgot about the letter. Though I still think the image would have probably sparked a reaction so Eh

Well, yeah... he's my husband."

"He once threatened your life and now he's your husband? It would appear there is far more to 'Masson' than I previously realized" For all that Jeaux thought he had lost, he was beginning to wonder if he might be better off without the irrational pull of such organic emotions.

As for the role of leader, if you all agree, I would be willing to take such a large and powerful role unto myself."

"You seemed quite capable of leading during our previous quest together. I have no objections to you taking on the role in an official capacity"

"Jeaux, you need anything? How about this ruby?"

"I should be able to make use of that" Jeaux takes the ruby from Karie and deposits it in his briefcase

"I am ready to depart as well. We shall do what we can to stop the regret."

qi64g.png

"I'd support *wheeze* Erdy as our Party Leader. Back in the Colony, she *cough* helped out a lot when we were fighting Iris."

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"...Point taken, Mr. Boomingham." says the Sand Queen, choosing her words carefully.

Karie rolls her eyes as Lawrence attempts to compensate for something. She checks her pack over to make sure all of her various weapons are in check.

"I've got no real questions, Sand Queen, although it's weird seeing you in the flesh. I never really thought I'd see your likes just out in the hall."

She turned to Masson. She had a hunch why he was here, but she didn't fully know. Was it truly on behalf of the veterans? She felt nervous. She'd been branded with the Oculoid mark; something she hoped to hide. Her dual pronged scar, although no longer sore, still irritated her. She felt shamed by it. Lawrence's words rang throughout her ears.

"All I asked for was a drink and a handshake, not some transparency or change of code. I'd bet you ten gold pieces Copper Fox would have a drink with me." Boomingham shrugs again, and then grins, and then laughs. He dismisses the whole affair with a wave of his big hand. "I'm just razzing you. Don't worry so much, my Queen. I'll still fight battles for you. What else is a King supposed to do?"

"You could start by shutting the hell up, your lordship."

She mumbled, under her breath.

"He once threatened your life and now he's your husband? It would appear there is far more to 'Masson' than I previously realized" For all that Jeaux thought he had lost, he was beginning to wonder if he might be better off without the irrational pull of such organic emotions.

"I should be able to make use of that" Jeaux takes the ruby from Karie and deposits it in his briefcase

"I am ready to depart as well. We shall do what we can to stop the regret."

"It's... a long, complicated story that I can tell you along the way. Thank you for at least understanding, unlike some people." She glances to Lawrence before looking back to Jeaux.

"Yeah, I hope you find some use for it, what with you being a mage and all." She raises her hands in the air and wiggles her fingers as if she's casting some sort of spell, accentuating her words. She quickly turned to Masson, kissing him on the cheek.

"How you feeling about this, sweet cheeks?"

Masson holds his wife close.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Not the honeymoon I had in mind, ma cherie, but I can't complain too much."

His eyes shift towards Boomingham for a brief moment before returning to Karie.

QM Note: I'll stick around for a little while longer in case you want to chat up NPCs, but otherwise, I'll move this along come morning. Also: Zeph and B&P, tell me when your stats are ready. :classic:

Edited by Endgame

Thank you for at least understanding, unlike some people.

"I can't say I understand it, but I am willing to accept it for the moment."

OoC: My stats are now updated.

Johon Approaches Masson, a man he had heard some of, but never truly met. "Johon," He says, extending his hand to shake. "You're Masson, if I'm not mistaken?"

Masson sighs.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Boomingham. If we keep just pantomiming forever, we're both going to be dead before we even get to The Regret's front door. At one point we're going to start having to use actual communications, instead of just contemptful looks at each other. I bear no ill will towards you, Boomingham, although I'm sure you don't feel the same."

Masson then turns to Johon.

"Yes, I am... Your name is Johon, correct? I get the feeling we're going to be questing for a while, huh?"

The Sand Queen hands Erdathcath the box containing the Swift Sail.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"It seems that you have been elected as leader, Erdathcazth. I trust that you'll do well. Be sure to deliver that sail to the good Captain, when you meet him at the docks."

qi64g.png

"Thank *wheeze* you, Miss Sand Queen!"

The Sand Queen lowers herself to stroke Punii's back.

heroicanpc-sandqueen.jpg

"You're very much welcome, little one.

Now, I believe it is time for you to depart. And, heroes?"

The Sand Queen looks directly at Boomingham as she says this:

"Good luck. All of you."

With that, the party of eight was off, Punii scurrying close behind them on the pavement. They walk through the bustling city, forging their way to the docks, the fresh morning breeze blowing gently across the city. After navigating a series of raods, the smell of seawater soon greets the heroes... As well as another man, dressed in green.

8CQjNPa.png

ixvKNNds.png

"You're the heroes I've been hired to sail, right? I recognize the tree lady from a month ago. I'm Captain Armstrong."

Armstrong points towards the ocean - speicifcally a single boat, bobbing gently on the waves.

TyETll1.png

It was a rather impressive vessel, and a lofty one at that.

ixvKNNds.png

"That's my pride and joy, the Excelsus. She just recently got a few improvements... I've installed some more firepower in there, in case that Regret bastard has a few aquatic lackies up his sleeve, or any pirates got the wrong idea.

Now, who here has that sail? I've been told it's magical? Bah, between these magic sails and the Ji Pei working on "motors" and whatnot, pretty soon sea travel is gonna be trivial."

The Party:

BoominghamMock2.jpg Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Level 30 Paladin *Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Pierces SP From Front Row* *SP Ignored From Back Row*

Power: 49 (Level 29 + WP: 14 + Power Bonus: 5)

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 10 (SP: 7 + SP: 3)

Health: 53/53 (Base HP: 10 + Level bonus: 39 + Class bonus: 11 + Permanent bonus: 3)

Ether: 29/29 (Base Ether: 0 + Level/Class bonus: 29)

Gold: 916

Equipment: Scupperer (WP: 14; Darkness-, Fire-elemental; inflicts Bleeding (-5) and Poisoned (-10); great sword) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness; Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves, Mopag Helm (SP: 3; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle) *Pseudo's Blessing (+4 Power; not an artifact)*

Inventory: Frozen Saber (WP: 9; Light-, Ice-elemental; inflicts Stunned; great sword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, Inflicts Sleeping Effect)

• Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear)

• Garnet, Sapphire, Amethyst

• Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song)

• Mulled Wine, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Milk, 5x Mead, x2 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts

• Bedroll

*Chicken Leg (+2, Quest 28), Drumstick (+1, Quest 70)

**Pseudo's Blessing (+4, Quest 40), Big Apple (+1, Quest 70)

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour

23? years old human female

Level 25.3 Witch

Defence: 2

Health: 41/41 (7+24+8+2)

Ether: 31/31 (1+24+4+2)

Gold: 680

Equipment: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lowers the target's level by 1; coils around the users arm when outside of battle, whip), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and Free Hits, suitable to women only; body wear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: +2, Max. Ether: +4, back wear), Paper Doll (immunity to hexed, accessory)

Inventory:

*Weapons:

Spring Staff (WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount; water elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP: 10, fire elemental staff), Doppleganger (WP: 10, Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on the target enemy on successful hits; longsword), Sexy (WP: 8, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, deals poisoned by 10 effect, breaks after 3 uses)

*Minstrel Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky)

*Artefacts:

Glittering Dress (The user's job traits are replaced with those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker; suitable for women only, body wear), Medal of Valour (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Changes user's appearance into an elf, accessory), Witch's Talisman (Makes the witch's poisonous attacks cause poisoned by 10-effect instead of poisoned by 1, suitable for witches; accessory)

*Minstrel Artefacts: Encore Plectrum (If the same battle song is sung more than one round in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels; accessory)

*Gems: Ruby (Fire)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Love's Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party per round, cost 10 ether; Battle Song)

*Consumables:

Potion, Grand Potion x2, Tonic, Grand Tonic x4, Remedy x4, Phoenix Essence x5, Nostrum x3, Mulled Wine, 9 Venoms, Pumpkin Bomb (causes poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Neutralizer x2, Tasty Pretzel (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened, and encouraged-effects upon consumption), 5 Herbal Infusions (Removes negative effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Grating Stone

*Tools: Telescope, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep, whenever unleashed, puts random enemy fast asleep, unlimited use)

Quest Items/Roleplay Item: Masson's Journal Entry 11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Uniform, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

Jeaux2.jpg Jeaux Elmfyre (joeshmoe554)

Automaton male, Evoker

Level 18.5 *Blessed* *Transcended* *Immune to Sealing, Bleeding, and Confused*

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 2

Health: 26/26

Ether: 19/19

Gold: 710

Equipment: Divine Cannonade (WP:13; gives blessed- and transcended-effects to user; hollow; handcannon), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5), Automaton Armor (SP:2, immune to bleeding and confused; suitable to automata only; bodywear)

Inventory: Enchanted Bracelet (protects from sealing; accessory), Handy Suitcase (SP-2, use 2 items per round; accessory), Professor's Kit (successful attacks on Mechanical enemies have a 1/3 of turning them to the hero’s side for the next three rounds as a tamed monsters, accessory), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Topaz, Diamond, Amethyst, Soma, Tonic, Grand Tonic x2, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence x2, Remedy x2, Venom x2, Volatile Venom x4, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Jinxy Juice, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Bone x6, Experienced Turdwing (Deals the confused and poisoned by 1 effects on an opponent when used, fly familiar)

Summons: Nilrem (Paladin Armor, Lightning Armor, Demon Armor)

ava-em.jpg

Em (emjajoas) *Immune to electricity*

Unknown age human male Warden

Level 17.5

Defense: 25

Health: 36/36

Gold: 38

Equipment: Aquabow (WP: 7, Water-elemental), Iron Knuckle Armour (Body, foot, and hand wear. Counts as one artefact. Usable by knights and dragoons. SP: 10. Cannot be removed by enemies), Vigilant (SP 12, halved damage from elemental attacks, immune to electricity, shield), Anniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory) (Power +3, SP +3, Max. Health +3, Max. Ether +3. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year)

Inventory:

Consumables: Smoke bomb, Nostrum x2, Potion x3, Remedy x2, Venom, Grand Potion x5, Mead x2, Ambrosia x2, Smelling Salts

Weapons:

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

Equipment: Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Frost Helm (SP: 3, immune to ice, suitable for anyone)

Buffs: Permanent + 3 HP, +2 Power, and +1 Ether from Crystal Sovereign.

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas, 199 years old,

Level 22.66 Druid *Party Leader!*

Power: 37

Health: 36/36

Ether: 25/25

Gold: 147

Equipped: Tritech Handcannon (WP:16, Fire-elemental, permanent poisoned 7, cursed), Satchel of Awesomeness (Permanent Lucky-effect; bodywear, suitable for anyone), Amulet of Optimism (Adds the confused-effect to all attacks; accessory, suitable to Erdathcath only), Machine's Heart (The hollowed out heart of Monolith, after being defeated, halves all damage from Earth, Electrical, and Mechanical type enemies; bodywear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

*Qlice (WP: 8, club, permanent Poison 4), Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, bow, provides hastened effect for one round each battle)

*Mage's muffler (protects from sealing; accessory, suitable for anyone), Helmet (+1 max. health; headwear, suitable for anyone), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrified; accessory, suitable for anyone), Helmet (+1 max. health),

*Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope,

*Scroll of Weakening

*6 Potions, Grand Potion, 6 Mead, 5 Smelling Salts, 15 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, 2 Air Bombs, Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Saber teeth, Jinxy Juice x2, Grand Tonic x2, Love Potion, Blind Fury, Grating Stone, Mythril Shard x2, Silver Ore, 3 Elixirs, 2 Phoenix Essences, Emergency Essence x2, Agni Bomb, Sushi (restores 5 HP and 5 Ether), Neutralizer, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Equilibrium Tonic, Swift Sail

picture_8_inventory.png Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) 25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 30.25

Power Bonus: +0 (0art+0perm)

Health: 44/44 (lvl30+cls7+7perm+0art)

Defense: 5 (5art+0Shield+0perm)

Ether: 0/0/30 (lvl30

Kept Effects: *Natural Respite* *Restoration**Immune to: Fragile* *1.5 stealing multiplier* *Hide of The Bleeding*

Temporary Effects:

Gold: 2004

Equipment:

Weapon: Muckraker (WP:+13, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Beast Warriors/Necromancers/Regulators, *Water, Wood, Earth*, Causes *Weakened*)

Shield:

Artefact 1 (1+): Heavy Armour (suit: Bararians/Knights, SP:+5, *Immune to Fragile*)

Artefact 2 (10+): Hide of The Bleeding (suit: Anyone, +10HP +5ETH for every enemy user defeats)

Artefact 3 (20+): Sticky Gloves (suit: Rogues/Beast Warriors, 1.5 multiplier for stealing)

Artefact 4 (30+):Barbarian's Boots (suit: Barbarians/Chi Monks/Beast Warriors, *Restoration*)

Artefact 5 (40+):

Artefact 6 (50+):

Artifacts: Simple Helmet (suit: Anyone, HP:+1), Pseudo's hood (suit: Anyone, Ignores Undead immunity), Quiver of Poisoning (suit: Rangers/Beast Warriors/Infiltrators/Winged Warriors, Causes *Poisoned by 1* using bows/crossbows), Blessed Amulet (suit: Anyone, *Immune to cursed*), Dog Statuette (Rover) (suit: Anyone, SP:+1), Counterstrike Gloves (suit: Anyone, deals damage equal to level when hit with free-hit), Sterile Gloves (Suit: Anyone, *Immune to Poisoned/Bleeding*), Bravado Boots (suit: Anyone, 1/6 chance of receiving *Lucky* at start of battle), Scarlet Hood (suit: Anyone, pwr:+4, *immune to stunned*)

Weapons: Sword of Decay (WP:+8, suit: Barbaians/Knights/Mages, Causes *Decayed by X-3 rounds* X=dmg dealt/4, Effect does not stack), Greatsword (WP:+3, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Beast Warriors/Necromancers/Regulators), Focal Staff (WP:+5, suit: Clerics/Mages, Ability: Roll 3 at cost of 5 ether), Gladius (WP:+15, suit: Anyone, Darkness, 1/3 chance of causing *Fragile* on succesful hits), Stalker’s Mallet (WP:+8, suit: Barbarians/Knights/Harlots, 1/2 chance of causing *sealed*), Lullaby Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *asleep*), Lovelorn Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *enamored*), Scaridy Wand (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *afraid*), Wand of Wrath (WP:+6, suit: Mages/Necromancers, Causes *enraged*), Shield (SP:+5, Suit: Knights/Dragoons/Regulators/Skirmishers)

Consumables: Potions (25), Grand Potions (19), Tonics (0), Grand Tonics (1), Health Cores (1), Phoenix Essences (2), Remedies (9), Mead (14), Smelling Salts (18), Nostrums 16), Venoms (10), Deadly Venoms (7), Smoke Bombs (1) , Fire Bombs (1), Water Bombs (5), Lightning Bombs (14), Bones (13), Skeleton Decoys (1), Ambrosia (2), Mulled Wine (1), (1)Trial Brews (1), Ectoplasms (1), Level-Up Mushrooms (1)

Elements: Aquamarine (2), Emerald (1), Garnet (1), Opal (1), Ruby (1), Sapphire (1), Topaz (1), Diamond (2), Amethyst (2)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (1), Scroll of Confusion (1), Scroll of Frailty (1), Scroll of Weakening (1)

Tools: Shovels (1), Pick-axes (2), Magic Compasses (1), Water Canteens (2), Magniscopes (1)

Quest/RP/Misc. items: Blue Rose (Invasion of Luosh) (1), Fifty Shades of Bley (1), Mythril Shards (1)

Vcmh0ri.png"The adventure begins..."

Masson Cour, 26 years old, Level 50 Paragon

HP: 70/70

SP: 5

Gold: 50

Equipment: Zandatsu (WP: 12, Longsword, suitable to Masson only, each succesful hit lowers target's Level/SP by 1) Syndicate Cowl Deluxe (SP: 5, Headwear, suitable to Masson only), Syndicate Uniform (+5 power, Bodywear), Quickdraw Sheathe (1/6 chance of starting every battle Hastened, Backwear), Wedding Ring (Immune to Enamored, Suitable to Masson only, cannot be dequipped, Accesory)

Inventory: Spare Dagger (WP: 8), Remedy x3, Grand Potion x3

qi64g.png "Let's *wheeze* do this!"

Punii, Level 20 Alchemist

HP: 36/36

SP: 3

Equipment: Yellow Carapace (SP: 3, Backwear, cannot be dequipped, suitable to Punii only... Unless you want to skin him alive?), Tiny Tail (WP: 7, cannot be dequipped, suitable to Punii only... Unless you want to amputate it?)

Inventory: Health Core, Ether Core, Grand Tonic x2, Nostrum, Military Grade Light Bomb

Edited by Endgame

Karie leaves the hall behind, her sheep following behind her. Apparently Hershey didn't feel like fighting off a god-like being. She didn't blame for not wanting to come. While walking she notices the Progg in the group.

"I don't think we've met. The name's Karie. I'd shake your hand, except you Proggs don't really have hands..."

While waiting for a reply, Karie begins to sharpen Sexy with her grating stone. She felt a little disappointed in her lack of using her rapier, but she hoped to have the opportunity to unsheathe her blade soon.

Edited by Kintobor

Punii waves his tail back and forth like a hand, apparently a greeting.

qi64g.png

"My name is *wheeze* Punii! Nice to meet you... You don't need to *cough* worry about that, not even adult Proggs shake hands. I mean, they have them - only larvae have no hands - but adults still don't *wheeze* do it. Different *wheeze* cultures, I guess.

So, I'm an Alchemist. What are *cough* you, Karie?"

Edited by Endgame

Punii waves his tail back and forth like a hand, apparently a greeting.

"My name is *wheeze* Punii! Nice to meet you... You don't need to *cough* worry about that, not even adult Proggs shake hands. I mean, they have them - only larvae have no hands - but adults still don't *wheeze* do it. Different *wheeze* cultures, I guess.

So, I'm an Alchemist. What are *cough* you, Karie?"

"Ah, I see. I've met a few of your race before, a bunch of multi-coloured ones, about your size. Quite active for a bunch of... larvae.

Myself? Well, personally, I guess I'm kind of a healer, but what I would be called in a general sense, well..."

She looks about, ensuring no one is listening before stepping back so she can be in private.

"I guess I would be classified as a Witch."

Punii tilts his head in confusion.

qi64g.png

"What's *wheeze* wrong with being a witch? I mean, you're married to the man in *cough* purple, right? It can't be so bad then.

And, uh, wow... I didn't realize before today how different *wheeze* human marriage is compared to Progg."

Punii tilts his head in confusion.

qi64g.png

"What's *wheeze* wrong with being a witch? I mean, you're married to the man in *cough* purple, right? It can't be so bad then.

And, uh, wow... I didn't realize before today how different *wheeze* human marriage is compared to Progg."

"Apparently heroes have had run ins with witches, and being a witch myself doesn't make my case any easier. However, Masson isn't one of those people."

Karie's mind goes back to the inklings she'd heard of Baba, an individual she'd never met. Perhaps she was partially to blame for all this?

"How so?"

qi64g.png

"Well, uh. Only one in fifty Proggs are *wheeze* female. So Proggs have to dig dens for the female, and if the female likes it, they get married... And then they're *wheeze* required by law to attempt to have at least fifty *cough* kids. You know, so we can continue living.

The Regret *cough* abducted and brainwashed half of our Colony, so now the *wheeze* number has been bumped up to seventy five children."

Edited by Endgame

Karie found herself getting intrigued by the Proggs and their culture as she continued to ask Punii questions. However, she knew the next question wouldn't be a very pleasant one.

"How powerful are Proggs, in terms of strength. Is there something I should know should we get into a fight with... well, your people?"

Edited by Kintobor

Punii seems to be getting uncomfortable.

qi64g.png

"Well, uh... Proggs are *wheeze* raw muscle in an armored shell, plus they're probably being buffed up by The Regret's magic, so... They could *cough* probably dislodge both a human's arms and gore them at the same time..."

Even Masson seems unnerved.

Vcmh0ri.png

"Karie, what have we gotten ourselves into?"

Armstrong speaks up.

ixvKNNds.png

"Gonna make one thing clear, right now. I'm not going into the Citadel with you. I'm ferrying you halfway across the world and back, heroes. The best I can do when we get to The Remorse's - or whatever the hell is name is - island, the best I can do is guard the ship. Fair?

Now, if someone could give me that sail, we can get rolling."