CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Umm, except that Thor not only has another solo movie coming, as well as being set to appear in infinite war parts 1 and 2

Personally it has to be either quicksilver or war machine, most likely the latter

Again we are going to be introduced to the agardian afterlife. But movie talk aside here

I just don't see it being War Machine. We got one in the Iron Man 3 sets plus his Iron Patriot variation for the last preorder bonus. I don't see them giving us another version of Rhodey for this pre-order bonus.

I could see them doing Coulson. I'd like to see them give us a new variation of Spider-Man (because I'm super tired of the current one, new boots just don't cut it for me), but that seems terribly unlikely.

But aren't we getting like 3 new spider-mans this year?

*Spider-men? :grin:

Edited by kevkipo

I still want Stan Lee. Bruce Banner would be cool.

Stan Lee would be very welcomed!

I really want that Mark II War Machine armor. The light gray one we have doesn't do it for me. They need to make that one using the dark pearl gray that the Ultrons are. It'd look sweet.

So, which of the summer sets are people most looking forward to? :3

Umm, except that Thor not only has another solo movie coming, as well as being set to appear in infinite war parts 1 and 2

Personally it has to be either quicksilver or war machine, most likely the latter

Just going to sum it up quickly;

Part of the comics involved the death of Thor in which he became unworhty of Mjonir and then was killed, arriving in Hel, where he fought Hela. I guess that kevkipo is thinking they will adapt part of that for Ragnarok given Ragnarok in the comics essentially revolves around a prophecy that relates to the death of Thor and the destruction of Asgard. It would also keep him off-world during Civil War.

I just don't see it being War Machine. We got one in the Iron Man 3 sets plus his Iron Patriot variation for the last preorder bonus. I don't see them giving us another version of Rhodey for this pre-order bonus.

While we got a version for Iron Man 3, that was his original outfit that he wore in Iron Man 2. We didnt get the outfit he should have worn at the time which is the black and silver version which is War Machine Mk2. Just saying that their is an unnacounted variable and he is the only main Avenger not getting a figure.

Edited by Scarilian

At risk of mini-modding here, I'd appreciate it if I could visit this topic without worrying about having things spoiled guys. I'm as excited as anyone about the MCU, but I'm sure you could discuss it elsewhere on Eurobricks. :) Hope this doesn't come across wrong.

Edited by Jay_Em

So, which of the summer sets are people most looking forward to? :3

Just going to sum it up quickly;

Part of the comics involved the death of Thor in which he became unworhty of Mjonir and then was killed, arriving in Hel, where he fought Hela. I guess that kevkipo is thinking they will adapt part of that for Ragnarok given Ragnarok in the comics essentially revolves around a prophecy that relates to the death of Thor and the destruction of Asgard. It would also keep him off-world during Civil War.

While we got a version for Iron Man 3, that was his original outfit that he wore in Iron Man 2. We didnt get the outfit he should have worn at the time which is the black and silver version which is War Machine Mk2. Just saying that their is an unnacounted variable and he is the only main Avenger not getting a figure.

No, it was the Mark II War Machine. It has the same markings and arc reactor as the Iron Patriot, which is consistent with how the Mark II has been represented elsewhere.

But aren't we getting like 3 new spider-mans this year?

*Spider-men? :grin:

Miles Morales and Iron Spider aren't the same as the standard Spider-man suit (One's another character all together and the other's a story specific costume). And the only upgrade to the normal suit is boots, otherwise it's still the same old awful printing. I would really like a much more detailed and perhaps darker colored version of the normal suit (Something in the vein of the ASM2 variant with actual boots).

So, which of the summer sets are people most looking forward to?

Tie between Ant Man and Carnage, both look to have fantastic mini figures and be good value. Sandman is pretty meh sadly, I think a Rhino bigfig would have made it worth it, but without it doesn't look great.

Guys what do you think about 2016 Civil War sets?

I think that Crossbones will be an official minifigure, as well the Winter Soldier.

Edited by Rafs222

Guys what do you think about 2016 Civil War sets?

I think that Crossbones will be an official minifigure, as well the Winter Soldier.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Rafs222!

2016 discussion belongs in the Future Marvel Super Heroes Speculation thread where we've already started discussing Civil War sets. Feel free to join us in the conversation:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105704

Edited by Sir Gareth

Tie between Ant Man and Carnage, both look to have fantastic mini figures and be good value. Sandman is pretty meh sadly, I think a Rhino bigfig would have made it worth it, but without it doesn't look great.

Pretty much the same here :3

No, it was the Mark II War Machine. It has the same markings and arc reactor as the Iron Patriot, which is consistent with how the Mark II has been represented elsewhere.

Sorry but i think you are confused. Essentially we have never gotten a movie based War Machine armor at all. The closest movie accurate War Machine we have had is the Iron Patriot armor.

The only other version of War Machine we currently have is in the Extremis Sea Port Battle set which is based on a variation of War Machine that only appeared in the game, which looking at it now isnt really based on either the Mk1 or Mk2...

Mk1 War Machine (Iron Man 2 - 2010);

Mk2 Game variation (Lego Marvel Superheroes 2013);

Mk2 War Machine (Iron Man 3 Prequel Comics 2013/Avengers Age Of Ultron 2015);

Edited by Scarilian

Sorry but i think you are confused. Essentially we have never gotten a movie based War Machine armor at all. The closest movie accurate War Machine we have had is the Iron Patriot armor.

Look at the printing on both the Lego variations of War Machine and Iron Patriot, and the Hot Toys variants. They are the same; as is the shape of the Arc Reactor in both. The Mark II War Machine armor was rebranded (and repainted) as the Iron Patriot in the IM3 prequel comic; the Lego version we got in the Extremis set is the Mark II.

I just thought of a SDCC exclusive that LEGO could do to celebrate Age of Ultron's release. Why not a faded Vision? He could have translucent parts and maybe better printing. Funko is doing one, so maybe that could be LEGO's exclusive... ( Source for the Funko figure: http://comicbook.com/2015/03/26/avengers-age-of-ultron-faded-vision-funko-pop-figure-revealed/ )

I just thought of a SDCC exclusive that LEGO could do to celebrate Age of Ultron's release. Why not a faded Vision? He could have translucent parts and maybe better printing. Funko is doing one, so maybe that could be LEGO's exclusive... ( Source for the Funko figure: http://comicbook.com...igure-revealed/ )

Man, but that would be a cool fig to have :sceptic: As long as it's not comic Vision though I guess I'd be fine..

Look at the printing on both the Lego variations of War Machine and Iron Patriot, and the Hot Toys variants. They are the same; as is the shape of the Arc Reactor in both. The Mark II War Machine armor was rebranded (and repainted) as the Iron Patriot in the IM3 prequel comic; the Lego version we got in the Extremis set is the Mark II.

I've seen the MkII in the comics, it is black and silver. I know in the comics and films it was repainted to be the Iron Partiot.

The Lego version is their idea of what the Mk2 was going to look like, probably based on early concept art for Iron Man 3 (As was many other aspects) as such it is not an accurate representation of the MK2 instead having a colour scheme that is grey and silver. It also has detailing that is lacking on the Mk1 and Mk2 and the only reason anyone remotely calls it the Mk2 is due to the number on the figure. A similar arc reactor does not make it the exact same model.

I just thought of a SDCC exclusive that LEGO could do to celebrate Age of Ultron's release. Why not a faded Vision? He could have translucent parts and maybe better printing. Funko is doing one, so maybe that could be LEGO's exclusive... ( Source for the Funko figure: http://comicbook.com...igure-revealed/ )

I think the faded version is just when he is phasing through things. I think they could do that given the transparent leg pieces in Ninjago's summer sets, but overall i doubt it.

I think Thor works the best, followed by Quick Silver, then Captain America

I'm actually really surprised at how well those legs work on Thor. The gray hip piece works with the printing at the bottom of his torso. The ones on Cap are the ones I could find that remotely work for me. They just gave a little added detail that I appreciate. Same with QS, though there's a few that work for him.

I'm actually really surprised at how well those legs work on Thor. The gray hip piece works with the printing at the bottom of his torso. The ones on Cap are the ones I could find that remotely work for me. They just gave a little added detail that I appreciate. Same with QS, though there's a few that work for him.

You should give thor fili's hairpiece, its looks really good

I've seen the MkII in the comics, it is black and silver. I know in the comics and films it was repainted to be the Iron Partiot.

The Lego version is their idea of what the Mk2 was going to look like, probably based on early concept art for Iron Man 3 (As was many other aspects) as such it is not an accurate representation of the MK2 instead having a colour scheme that is grey and silver. It also has detailing that is lacking on the Mk1 and Mk2 and the only reason anyone remotely calls it the Mk2 is due to the number on the figure. A similar arc reactor does not make it the exact same model.

I think the faded version is just when he is phasing through things. I think they could do that given the transparent leg pieces in Ninjago's summer sets, but overall i doubt it.

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

You should give thor fili's hairpiece, its looks really good

Oh man, if it came in blonde or even tan, that would almost be perfect. I am getting my hands on a blonde braided hairpiece to try out on him.

All three of them look really good!! I have to see Quicksilvers actual movie look when it's out but I really like it so far! Thanks for the pics!

Got the £20 Hawkeye, Thor and HYDRA set and really impressed with it! Loving the detail on the HYDRA trooper's Chitauri Armour. Plus, with Grey Legs, it makes a HYDRA soldier suitable for Urban scenes. :classic:

Just finally got myself the Hulkbuster. It was a great build, thoroughly impressed with the Hulkbuster itself, I felt the Hulk bit was unnecessary and so was the see through piece for Scarlet Witch. As far as figures go, Iron Man looks vastly better, same goes for Hulk, Ultron is pretty cool, Scarlet Witch could be a lot better though. Mostly disappointed that they just reused Supergirls face and couldn't be bothered getting Red Hex pieces. Overall a good 6/10 build, well worth it for £30.

It's supposed to be silver and dark grey almost black. Lego's is the Mark 2. It also has the the FF 446 that the real one does. It also matches the print on the Iron Patriot. It is the Mark 2.

Even if it doesn't match completely. There has been no movie scene with the armour , so all we have to go on is comic(who can draw it and color it however they like) and other toy companies going off the same thing Lego does.