CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I thinks unfair how the Hydra Fortress Smash set can only be bought in Toys R Us. What those whose nations don't have a Toys R Us or those who don't online shopping. This is why I don't think Lego sets should be exclusive to a certain country or brand of shop. What do the rest of you think? I'm asking as my nephews want the Hydra Fortress set and I can't get it for them.

I think it is very silly yes. They could at least make it more available in countries without Toys r us.

If you don't mind me asking, which country do you live in?

I think it is very silly yes. They could at least make it more available in countries without Toys r us.

With countries that do not have a shop@home, some stores may be able to sell it, if they have an agreement with Lego, there are 2 such stores here in SA.

Future:

Civil War is at first Tony vs Steve. In the comics there is the Skrull Invasion that leads to Nornan Osborn heading HAMMER, replacing SHIELD, and being Iron Patriot as leader of his own Avengers. That is Dark Reign, and it is only after that happens that Steve heads up SHIELD. MCU has so many issues with characters not being available, Skrull Invasion, M-Day and Dark Reign are not likely to happen. Steve will probably be head of SHIELD at the end of Infinity War.

Current:

I will likely get the Carnage and Rhino/Sandman Spidey sets for parts. Ant-Man as well. I rarely keep sets as is for any length of time, and only build the sets to determine if anything about the build can be used for a MOC.

Edited by gedren_y

See the whole 1 Avenger will die thing, I'm almost certain it's going to be Quicksilver, it'll bond Wanda more to the team, he's not going to be much of a fan favourite and it just feels right to me.

I think Ultron already pointed out why not, im certain he wont

To re-phrase what Ultron said:

not gonna happen.

1) Whedon has to specifically ask Marvel who he can kill and they would not let him kill off a potential new franchise. We don't know how popular they could be.

2) Marvel sort of had to fight to get Sw&QS, killing him off would be a waste.

3) he's one of the only mutants Marvel Studios has access to

4) He's one of the only super powered heroes in the MCU

5) he's one of the few marvel heroes with superspeed.

6) Killing him off right as we're introduced to him would have no impact on the audience

It's not gonna happen.

And please use Spoiler-tags next time

It's a strong character with lots of potential, he is in posters and banners all the time. + He has signed on for 3 movie's

Wich are probably Infinity War 1 and 2

So no, no potential in doing that.

I'm going off topic again so i'm not going to ask: how much sets do you guys expect for Infinity War

Nothing. :grin: i'll put it in the future sets topic

Edited by kevkipo

Personally I'm not a fan of the "Civil War" story arch. It does seem a way for some "Super Hero brawl" but it does not make a lot of sense to me to see Tony in that role of government enforcer, especially in the Cinematic Universe. So I hope they will make a different plot from the comics one.

It's just my opinion and I'm sure there are many persons who like that concept :classic:

not gonna happen.

1) Whedon has to specifically ask Marvel who he can kill and they would not let him kill off a potential new franchise. We don't know how popular they could be.

2) Marvel sort of had to fight to get Sw&QS, killing him off would be a waste.

3) he's one of the only mutants Marvel Studios has access to

4) He's one of the only super powered heroes in the MCU

5) he's one of the few marvel heroes with superspeed.

6) Killing him off right as we're introduced to him would have no impact on the audience

It's not gonna happen.

Just pointing out those reasons are precisely why i believe he would be killed off in the 2015 AoU film;

1) While Whedon asked who he can kill, Marvel dont actually have the rights to the X-Men so in terms of potentially creating a new franchise with Quick Silver, his options would be incredibly limited and for each future film he'd have to make more negotiations with Fox. The only Avengers he can kill who are not currently signed on for future films are Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver, and an insider source apparently claims that Scarlet Witch will be in Civil War also meaning Quick Silver and Vision are the only Avengers not signed on for any future films at the moment. I doubt they would kill off Vision especially given he is only apparently introduced near the end of AoU... as such Quick Silver is more likely.

2) Actually no, Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch are two of several characters that occupy a grey point where both companies have access to them.

3) He isnt a mutant in the MCU, he is effectively an 'inhuman' now. Their are many other inhuman's that marvel have access to who have virtually identical powers to the X-Men mutants

4) Powers do not determine if a character will survive

5 Super Speed does not determine if a character remains alive

6) Actually killing him off would provoke Scarlet Witch to join the Avengers, it would also allow for the Vision+Scarlet Witch romance to unfurl if the character remains.

Edited by Scarilian

Personally I'm not a fan of the "Civil War" story arch. It does seem a way for some "Super Hero brawl" but it does not make a lot of sense to me to see Tony in that role of government enforcer, especially in the Cinematic Universe. So I hope they will make a different plot from the comics one.

It's just my opinion and I'm sure there are many persons who like that concept :classic:

It might not be that similar to the comic Civil War. The Winter Soldier was only vaguely similar to it's comic, in that there was a Bucky. I'm sure they'll adapt Civil War to fit the MCU, if that helps your fears at all.

Ireland. I like buying products in shops not online. Last time I bought something online I got something instead of what I actually wanted.

It might not be that similar to the comic Civil War. The Winter Soldier was only vaguely similar to it's comic, in that there was a Bucky. I'm sure they'll adapt Civil War to fit the MCU, if that helps your fears at all.

Yeah i'm pretty sure, i tought it was weird anyway kill eachother over a registration act? that doesnt make sense

Yes, the Registration Act only makes sense if the X-Men mutant storylines were included in MCU. Without that there wouldn't be enough superpowered people to warrant the act itself, let alone a conflict over it.

I wouldn't call it fears lol but I truly hope they will adapt to the current MCU setting :classic:

Yeah i'm pretty sure, i tought it was weird anyway kill eachother over a registration act? that doesnt make sense

That's my point as well.

Beside I simply can't imagine MCU Tony working as "government enforcer" of the registration act. It's so out of character :classic:

Yes, the Registration Act only makes sense if the X-Men mutant storylines were included in MCU. Without that there wouldn't be enough superpowered people to warrant the act itself, let alone a conflict over it.

I heard about the conflict, if we can use that word, between the two licenses, even though they are both Marvel.

Is it due to "distributors" issues etc? I only heard few info on that matter so my knowledge is not huge :classic:

See the whole 1 Avenger will die thing, I'm almost certain it's going to be Quicksilver, it'll bond Wanda more to the team, he's not going to be much of a fan favourite and it just feels right to me.

Why would you think he's not gonna be much of a fan favorite? A lot of people liked the crummy DoFP "interpretation" of the character that was only in 1 scene of that movie so I'm sure many will love a much more accurate version.

Why would you think he's not gonna be much of a fan favorite? A lot of people liked the crummy DoFP "interpretation" of the character that was only in 1 scene of that movie so I'm sure many will love a much more accurate version.

+ 1 power up! xD

He will always have a special place right here

I know, I am not a mod. But please stop all the movie talk as I really don't want to be spoilt about anything... I kind of like to see things first hand when the movie comes out. I really have to search and find something LEGO related in the last days. I know it is pretty quiet here on topic right now. But what's the problem about putting all movie talk into the right thing and let this one here have a rest?

I thinks unfair how the Hydra Fortress Smash set can only be bought in Toys R Us. What those whose nations don't have a Toys R Us or those who don't online shopping. This is why I don't think Lego sets should be exclusive to a certain country or brand of shop. What do the rest of you think? I'm asking as my nephews want the Hydra Fortress set and I can't get it for them.

If you would live in Germany you could buy it nearly wherevere you want once it is out...but then again you have zero to none possibilities to buy polybags like Rocket, Electro...

Edited by raminator

Get out...

Incorrect, Inhumans are now being introduced in the series and they ae taking the place of the X-Men mutants. Its an adaptation not a direct copy of the original story, Mutants are definitely not needed

On other news, we have 1 Polybag? where is the other one?

We get another?

Also, any idea when the Lego Marvel Heroes figure will be revealed? :3

Edited by Scarilian

We get another?

Also, any idea when the Lego Marvel Heroes figure will be revealed? :3

The plastic Man figure was revealed on July 14th (or at least that's when Just 2 Good uploaded his video) so around then most likely, if the game is to be realeased at the same time of LB3BG

That's my point as well.

Beside I simply can't imagine MCU Tony working as "government enforcer" of the registration act. It's so out of character :classic:

I'm not so sure. After his little mistake (that will likely cost thousands of lives) in Age of Ultron, the government may be forcing him to be a spokesperson for the registration act in return for immunity from imprisonment.

If you would live in Germany you could buy it nearly wherevere you want once it is out...but then again you have zero to none possibilities to buy polybags like Rocket, Electro...

Well I don't live in Germany, I live in Ireland. The Hydra Fortress Smash set should be available to buy in all shops worldwide like the others and like I said I don't buy online. Plus the fact polybags can't be bought in Ireland has well and certain minifigures are only available to get at comic cons in America in a limited number ticks me off as well.

Get out...

Well.. NOT lol, since I have the right to have my own opinions.

Sets not Movies.

Set features = fine.

Movie plotline = Not for here.

Sorry if I posted something "Plot related". Let's go back to Lego sets then :classic:

Well I don't live in Germany, I live in Ireland. The Hydra Fortress Smash set should be available to buy in all shops worldwide like the others and like I said I don't buy online. Plus the fact polybags can't be bought in Ireland has well and certain minifigures are only available to get at comic cons in America in a limited number ticks me off as well.

I live in Italy and I have no way to get those polybags. Honestly I don't want to spend a lot money buying them from some reseller.

That's why I always hope the Minifigures of the characters I like more will be included in "standard" sets or, if they have to be exclusives, as a Lego Shop exclusive :classic:

That would be the best, yep! But it probably won't happen... I kind of like the polybag idea in general, but it should of course be available worldwide and to everyone the same.