CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

So a Sandman that uses the generic elf face from the Hobbit line.Pijama Spiderman with "boots" and a boring Rhino fig.Even Iron Spider wont make buy this set,I'm losing faith on those Spiderman sets.And I'm also annoyed that Lego uses the helmet from the animated show and not from the movie for Ant-Man.Still it's a nice set might just buy it.But ofcource the Carnage set is an insta-buy!!

These pictures really make me excited for Ant-Man and those Spiderman Sets! Like other's have said I'm annoyed that Lego could't bother to print new heads for some of these characters, especially Hank Pym. One thing that bothers me about the Avengers Sets is that Vision's gem stone on his head is Blue when it is obviously supposed to be Yellow. Not sure if I'm the only one who saw that, but it is really bothering me for some reason.

Hm...you're right.

IMG_1163.jpg

Also whoever first reported on the Rhino Suit in the Super Villian Team Up Set on Brickset was waaaay off because it could use a lot of improvement.

Yeah. Looks real "organic" :hmpf:

Are there pictures of the back of the Quinjet's interior, i.e. the compartment behind the one that stores Cap's bike?

Actually wrong picture, my mistake xD

But, this seems to be the only space area in the quinjet. Doesn't look like there's enough room in the back for anything more :hmpf_bad:

But for those who haven't seen it2015-02-14-06.03.23.jpg

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

These sets look great, especially the Ant-Man. :wub: However, I have three problems with this otherwise perfect set: the lack of hairpieces (not a big deal though), the reusing of old and not-fitting faces (they will hopefully fix this, since most of the new figures on display have old faces - they can't be that lazy, right?) and the absence of micro-figures. However, if you looks at this picture, you can see that apart from the macro bricks, there's also regular-sized 1x2 yellow plate and 1x1 red brick. Together with the regular blue ants, I think this is pointing to an inlucison of micro-figures in the final set, what do you think?

2015-02-14-05.06.45.jpg

Also, I don't see Hank on the box, do you? This leads me to a theory the set on the display isn't finished yet and we will eventually get new faces and micro-figures. :sweet:

I'm really wishing this Meijer brand of stores was in my area (or if they were available online :sceptic: ).

Question: is the helmet of the Hulkbuster printed on, or a decal?

Printed

However, for the capture device that contains Hulk, stickers are used for the details.

But, this seems to be the only space area in the quinjet. Doesn't look like there's enough room in the back for anything more :hmpf_bad:

But for those who haven't seen it (snip-y)

If you carefully you can see the pegs of a trap door piece on the rear between the fins. I would guess theres another little spot in the rear...

Also, I don't see Hank on the box, do you? This leads me to a theory the set on the display isn't finished yet and we will eventually get new faces and micro-figures. :sweet:

Umm... Hank Pym is on the box...

NI7YRif.jpg

And the idea of micro figures was only a possibility... they said they would sort out the size issue... and it seems they've done that by making everything else larger.

Edited by Scarilian

But for those who haven't seen it

*snip*

There's definitely a second hatch that's unopened in that image, so there's definitely something there we haven't seen yet.

And the idea of micro figures was only a possibility... they said they would sort out the size issue... and it seems they've done that by making everything else larger.

He meant there's no image of him in the actual set picture, only on the mini figure section. This implies that he won't be in the scene but will be elsewhere in the film so they put it in the set anyway.

Also I theorised that the micro figures could still be in the set because of the addition of the small versions of the yellow and red pieces and the ants a couple pages back.

Okay, for all of you that see an issue with all the re-use of faces. specially the Ant Man set. They might not be completely finished with the details. Some of the sets have a final design look in the boxes but still lack some parts of the sets. If you guys remember when the first Avengers sets came out they had certain parts finished. With the designs for the torsos and everything but they still used old faces.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AFcvdgTnGe4/maxresdefault.jpg

The micro figures and new faces can still make the set.

Edited by LuxorV
Image too big. Turned into link.

Where are Meijers? Are they in the US? Because I called both TRU and Target and bot said that none of their stores in the US even received the sets yet. But that could be the guy on the phone being, well, that guy on the phone that doesn't exactly...yeah.

There's definitely a second hatch that's unopened in that image, so there's definitely something there we haven't seen yet.

Ah, thank you for the correction. I've been all over the place today :wacko:

Where are Meijers? Are they in the US? Because I called both TRU and Target and bot said that none of their stores in the US even received the sets yet. But that could be the guy on the phone being, well, that guy on the phone that doesn't exactly...yeah.

Depends on your location, but yes Meijers is located in the US (Which is where I'm from). I'd do some google searching to find if there's one anywhere near your area.

considering the following re-use of faces

Rhino- Clone (clone wars)

Sandman- Elrond

Hank Pym- Gandalf

Scott Lang- Ezra Bridger

YellowJacket- Clone (Empire)

all being Marvel characters makes it more likely maybe they aren't completely done with them.

Ah, very nice. Are you going to post any pics when you get it put together?

I've actually had them built for a while now. (got them yesterday, but I had some school work to get done)

I'm not very good with the pictures on Eurobricks, but I'll get some up on Flickr. Expect later this afternoon

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

These sets look great, especially the Ant-Man. :wub: However, I have three problems with this otherwise perfect set: the lack of hairpieces (not a big deal though), the reusing of old and not-fitting faces (they will hopefully fix this, since most of the new figures on display have old faces - they can't be that lazy, right?) and the absence of micro-figures. However, if you looks at this picture, you can see that apart from the macro bricks, there's also regular-sized 1x2 yellow plate and 1x1 red brick. Together with the regular blue ants, I think this is pointing to an inlucison of micro-figures in the final set, what do you think?

I think you are 100% right. I also think that because we don't see any micro figures here and those need special printing to do, this also lends itself to the theory that the heads aren't fully completed either. One other thing that I noticed is that Carnage has arm print which is really awesome considering the only other character that has gotten it from the Marvel line is Drax. However, it also makes me kind of upset because if they were able to give a $11.99 set arm printing, then why couldn't some of the Avengers of Ant-Man characters get it?

I wonder how hard it would be to remove the dropping bike function to add more seats? I doubt that it works that well anyway. It probably hits the ground and falls over.

Well microfigures are out of place in a way as they have designed the set, with there being usual sized Lego objects included to represent everything they made Ant-Man scale.

So unless we get a $12 Ant-man set I don't see us getting the Micro-fig which is a great pity

Edited by LuxorV

I wonder how hard it would be to remove the dropping bike function to add more seats? I doubt that it works that well anyway. It probably hits the ground and falls over.

Once we see a shot from behind, we'll have a better idea of just what configuration and how many can fit in the back.

Once we see a shot from behind, we'll have a better idea of just what configuration and how many can fit in the back.

Yeah, it doesn't look like more than two. But I have a strange feeling that back part is for item storage rather than a seating area.

HulkBuster Pictures are up.

They're not very professional, but I hope it gives you guys a good idea of how this set is going to turn out for when you get your hands on the set.

Overall, a great set for price. Great minifigs, great build, it's awesome. Only complaint is that the HulkBuster is way out of scale, but he is in the same scale range as Groot. So, maybe you guys can have him fight Groot if you want :laugh:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129580073@N05/with/16514596886/

Thanks for the pics. The back of the hulk bust is pretty bad. They could've used some red plates.