CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

The bike I imagine will be a cool feature but if it falls at the bottom won't it just fall over when it drops out...? Idk. If it's lame and the interior doesn't fit many Avengers, hopefully the bike feature is easy to take out. Doesn't Lego realize we want planes that can fit all of the important people? Not gimmicks that hinder that.

Lego will probably start designing all planes and vehicles with enough seats for all the important people once they start designing Superhero sets just for AFOLs. Until then they are probably going to include play features that they think kids will like. The great thing about brick built vehicles is that you can take them apart and build them however you would like them. In my opinion the Bat Mech was not that great of a build so I'm in the process of changing it (got to make sure it will be able to take down the Hulkbuster armor). I'm sure the Quinjet will be able to be changed so that there is extra seating for those that don't want to see Captain America and his motorcycle get pooped out the back (but in a heroic fashion).

I''l say it now, as a disclaimer: SPOILERS . Some of you may not want to read on.

Not sure if anyone's noticed this, if it's been mentioned, then sorry in advance for repeating. I think I've figured out a play feature of the AOU Quinjet that may preclude the possibility of a decent amount of seats. Have a look at the picture of the set:

http://www.bricksand...e-76032-Set.jpg

See Cap's bike? And the swoosh lines above? In one of the trailers, the Quinjet swoops above, some cargo doors open, and Black Widow comes out on a bike. My guess is that, based on visual evidence, it'll have some sort of bike dropping feature. While I'd have preferred seats, this doesn't sound too bad, depending on weather it can be re-purposed and how good the actual feature is (i.e. weather Cap lands smoothly and gracefully or its the return of the 70's Evel Knievel stunt cycle)

I think you're right! I do hope that if that feature is present it works well, but I can hardly see how they're going to pull that off like in the movie - Cap's bike whooshing forward once it hits the floor. I'd rather have a nice looking interior than a feature that just drops Cap's bike down, but I doubt that will be the case.

Lego will probably start designing all planes and vehicles with enough seats for all the important people once they start designing Superhero sets just for AFOLs.

I doubt that TLG will start making Super Heroes sets exclusively for us. Maybe on some occasions, like the Tumbler and Helicarrier, but kids love Super Heroes. It would financially be a bad move to stop making the sets for kids and start making them for us. So, I would expect play features on vehicles and buildings until the line eventually ends someday.

Don't they already sorta do that? When I was little (16 when the Super Heroes line started coming out) all I could afford were, at most, the $20 sets. But it was still worth my money. I then started learning more about finances and finally jot a job. So now I could afford the bigger sets and get them faster as to getting them one a couple months. I just spent $275 withing the past couple of weeks and an extra $445 within this year alone. Anyway getting back to the point, the bigger more expensive sets have always been targeted for mainly adults but also kids with very loving parents (or a mix of the two). Now in my opinion, Super Heroes is becoming a big a line as Star Wars which is leading to more sets, exclusives, and figures. So it's a win-win for LEGO whether they target kids or adults because they are sets we all want.

I would love to get a Squirrel-a-Gig build this year :)

Same here i want a Squirrel girl :x

But really when i first came here today and i clicked the "Last Page" Button i came 2 Page's ahead of where i was yesterday!

So i tought YAY PICTURES!.. heh :snicker:

Edited by kevkipo

Thanks for the replies! Just in reply to those above, I think perhaps the annoying thing for me is, on the subject matter relating to seats in each teams jets, the Milano pulled it off perfectly, the Blackbird had under the right amount, and even DC wise the new Javelin (the JLA equivalent of the Quinjet) has four quite spacious seats with arm rests, and incorporates a play feature into this (the overhead bay doors blast open to allow those in the seats rapid deployment), so it can be done.

Given the high quality of almost all Marvel sets so far (even the IM3 sets had good figures, good builds, and good play features in my opinion), I'm guessing means it must be done well and works, or it's not what it seems and perhaps ties into a later part of the film. Either way, regardless of features, it looks a fantastic build, a worthy successor of the original.

As for how it works, perhaps some sort of cradle for the bike (like the SHIELD drone in the 2012 version), that flips down on some sort of swing that "fires" or "flings" the bike out with enough momentum to make it convincing, or to collide with Ultron's van for some unknown purpose .

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Regarding the assumed bike-drop-feature of the new quinjet: the bike is about 8 studs long, the front hatch in the Jet measures 10 and the back hatch 4 studs. Either the mechanism is real blocky or we get at lease one seat for our second earthbound avenger Hawkeye (IM and Thor can fly while Hulk is too fat anyways).

If not, at least the Jet already has the hatches, so we can easily access and Mod the interior to fit our beloved superheroes.

Edited by Bissspuren

Thanks for the replies! Just in reply to those above, I think perhaps the annoying thing for me is, on the subject matter relating to seats in each teams jets, the Milano pulled it off perfectly

Well, the Milano could never fit the large brick-built Groot... meaning it kinda failed as a jet for me. As the Milano is meant to be able to carry all the guardians. Granted we later got 'potted-plant' Groot, but that is a NYCC exclusive i believe...

But potted Groot awesomely fits in the Milano, I like it. And he wasn't a NYCC exclusive, he was in a Poly which is now available on bricklink or ebay, try you luck...this poly is a must-have! I do not worry that brick-build Groot does not fit, as I think he is way too big regardless of the size of the Milano space ship.

Guys, sorry but there's no movie discussion on this forum. Yeah, I know I'm not exactly a mod, but still.

That's why I stepped in, but it appears the problem has been solved. Batman out

That's not your task what so ever! You don't like it or you think a topic is seriously derailing, that's what the report button is for.

So stay on topic please!

Regarding the assumed bike-drop-feature of the new quinjet: the bike is about 8 studs long, the front hatch in the Jet measures 10 and the back hatch 4 studs. Either the mechanism is real blocky or we get at lease one seat for our second earthbound avenger Hawkeye (IM and Thor can fly while Hulk is too fat anyways).

If not, at least the Jet already has the hatches, so we can easily access and Mod the interior to fit our beloved superheroes.

It looks to me that the back hatch is actually 6 studs long. I'm pretty sure I can see a 2 stud long tiled section, then a 2x4 angular plate, and a 2x2x2 slope on the back in the middle. That, and I think those are 6x1 black tiles that form the edges of the back hatch. They could be 4x1, the angle is wonky.

EDIT:

My theory is that the motorcycle release mechanism is in the front of the ship, just behind the cockpit, and seating is in the back. Upon a closer look, the back hatch is constructed with the same 6x8 trapdoor used in the 2012 Quinjet. Why would LEGO make an opening hatch if all that's under it is a releasing mechanism?

Edited by montyofmusic

But potted Groot awesomely fits in the Milano, I like it. And he wasn't a NYCC exclusive, he was in a Poly which is now available on bricklink or ebay, try you luck...this poly is a must-have! I do not worry that brick-build Groot does not fit, as I think he is way too big regardless of the size of the Milano space ship.

His size was intended to replicate the prison escape... so he's in scale with that scene. The issue being that he doesnt fit anywhere else due to this...

In my mind a vehicle is only a good representation if it can fit all the characters shown in that vehicle during its appearance... UCS builds are excluded from this but generally a vehicle should have enough seats for all the members, especially if its a team vehicle like the Milano, X-Men jet or otherwise...

How can you guys tell what the Quinjet

It looks to me that the back hatch is actually 6 studs long. I'm pretty sure I can see a 2 stud long tiled section, then a 2x4 angular plate, and a 2x2x2 slope on the back in the middle. That, and I think those are 6x1 black tiles that form the edges of the back hatch. They could be 4x1, the angle is wonky.

EDIT:

My theory is that the motorcycle release mechanism is in the front of the ship, just behind the cockpit, and seating is in the back. Upon a closer look, the back hatch is constructed with the same 6x8 trapdoor used in the 2012 Quinjet. Why would LEGO make an opening hatch if all that's under it is a releasing mechanism?

I'm impressed you can make all that out from the picture we have, I don't see a hatch myself. Not being able to see how 'deep' the Quinjet is makes it hard to judge -hopefully it has some kind of interior though.

Why would LEGO make an opening hatch if all that's under it is a releasing mechanism?

Maybe to put the bike back in? :look:

Maybe to put the bike back in? :look:

That sounds like it would be a little complicated for kids to handle. Picking up the Quinjet with one hand, holding Cap's bike under the Quinjet with their other hand, making sure the trapdoor stays open, and trying to manipulate the lock system from the top... :wacko:

...Unless you meant that the cycle would be put in through the top, which is impossible since the trapdoor has a 6x4 hole and the bike is 8 studs long. :tongue:

It's just my guess here, you could be right. Who knows what clever little system the designers have in store for us! Only time will tell.

I doubt that TLG will start making Super Heroes sets exclusively for us. Maybe on some occasions, like the Tumbler and Helicarrier, but kids love Super Heroes. It would financially be a bad move to stop making the sets for kids and start making them for us. So, I would expect play features on vehicles and buildings until the line eventually ends someday.

I think that's omegabob's point. :wink: LEGO has and always will be primarily a kid's toy and so we're going to have to put up with play features aimed at kids.

I wonder what the Helicarrier scale will be? If it is not minifigure accessible, I may not bother with it, as the Hasbro piece does a nice job at meeting a reasonable scale for Lego Minifigs! I mean, look at this scale, and imagine how many blocks it would take!

SHEIDLTeam3_zps6bfa0b9f.jpg

I wonder what the Helicarrier scale will be? If it is not minifigure accessible, I may not bother with it, as the Hasbro piece does a nice job at meeting a reasonable scale for Lego Minifigs! I mean, look at this scale, and imagine how many blocks it would take!

*snip*

Holy crap you scared me with that pic, i tought it was the real deal man! :look:

Holy crap you scared me with that pic, i tought it was the real deal man! :look:

Sorry man! XD I ordered a bunch of SHIELD Soldiers earlier (Can see them in the Licensed Photography thread), and had the Hasbro carrier out, so thought I'd share it for comparison. :classic:

Just a quick thing regarding the Milano. What I meant was, it's pretty much a given Groot in standard size won't be made, so conceding to this it leaves Rocket, Starlord, Gamora, and Drax, and with four seats, it works. Furthermore, with a couple of extra pieces, an extra seat can be added with room to spare, so you can sit plant Groot in it, or fill it with a custom made/knock off Groot, if you so desire.

Great to hear the Quinjet might have some seating! Perhaps it's just a generic opening cargo door, perhaps even, based on the picture, it has something to do with Vision and that rope he's dangling off. Rapid deployment of Avengers perhaps?

Sorry man! XD I ordered a bunch of SHIELD Soldiers earlier (Can see them in the Licensed Photography thread), and had the Hasbro carrier out, so thought I'd share it for comparison. :classic:

Haha no worry's, it's a good comparison wouldn't be surprised if it looked something like that

Edited by kevkipo

Haha no worry's, it's a good comparison wouldn't be surprised if it looked something like that

That size for it would be great :D

That size for it would be great :D

It would be the perfect size, as it wouldn't use too many pieces and would fit mini-Quinjets.

Edited by mattdev25