Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yay!!! not only does Ezra`s Speeder Bike contain Ezra and Sabine ( My two favorite Rebel`s characters) it also contain`s two awesome speeder`s and it is a cheap set. :)

I assume this set will cost $14.99 due to it being very similar to Battle Saleucami in both box size and the set.

At first I really didn't like the AAT, but it's really starting to grow on me. And I really like that azure angel, although why they would release it now boggles my mind.

And I really like that azure angel, although why they would release it now boggles my mind.

its only a guess but I think the rules thrown out by Disney on EU based products has something to do with it. anything that was in development can go forward, but nothing new. therefor, Lego (among others) will likely push out what ever EU products they might have been holding to get what they can out of the time invested. along with that Disney probably gave companies a time limit to release things from the EU. but I'll take it any way I can get it :)

Most of the sets are pretty good! I'm still curious about the Hailfire droid though.

As always, my main priority is the ITT, if it includes OT troopers, my wallet will need a coffin.

The troopers in the ATDP with the similar helmets to kallus are these I believe: http://thestarwarssa..._AT-DPpilot.png as they are very prominent in the show from the footage so far seen.

Yup! Hopefully they'll have bley helmets (the same AT-ST/Veers/Kallus/old-DST-style helmets), and a printed head akin to the current V-wing pilot's.

Edit:

The inquisitor seems to be wearing an unfinished helmet in the set so I guess that will become this: http://static.square.../1403107544516/

Yeah, I think he's wearing Tremor's helmet/armor from Ultra Agents right now. Can't be sure (seems like the imgur collection of hi-ish-res images is gone)

Edited by Venkefedo

its only a guess but I think the rules thrown out by Disney on EU based products has something to do with it. anything that was in development can go forward, but nothing new. therefor, Lego (among others) will likely push out what ever EU products they might have been holding to get what they can out of the time invested. along with that Disney probably gave companies a time limit to release things from the EU. but I'll take it any way I can get it :)

Pity they aren't releasing an Ebon Hawk or XS Stock Light Freighter. Yes, they aren't "main"-mainstream, but they are certainly as main as the Azure Angel(Not to mention that the XS is still in use, unlike the Angel.).

As always, my main priority is the ITT, if it includes OT troopers, my wallet will need a coffin.

No worries, my friend. The box clearly has the Rebels logo. You'll have enough money for your rent /UCS Slave I. :wink:

No worries, my friend. The box clearly has the Rebels logo. You'll have enough money for your rent /UCS Slave I. :wink:

Hmm, I don't know what to make out of it. On one hand, you are right of course, Rebels logo is not reassuring one bit, but the Stormtrooper in Ezra's speeder bike is clearly different from the mold used in ITT. So, perhaps, just perhaps, TLG might hear the public outcry...

Edited by Spyderlord

IIRC, all sets except the micro-fighters have it.

IIRC, all sets except the micro-fighters have it.

close, they all carry the Disney Logo, but not all have the Rebels logo, Geonosis Troopers, Skyhoper, Azure Angel, and Hailfire, do Not have Rebels logo. (might be others too but didn't feel like checking all of them) Edited by GallardoLU

close, they all carry the Disney Logo, but not all have the Rebels logo, Geonosis Troopers, Skyhoper, Azure Angel, and Hailfire, do Not have Rebels logo. (might be others too but didn't feel like checking all of them)

to make things a little more clear, all the new sets minus the micros have the new box art with the stormtrooper, but the ghost, phantom, at-dp, speeder bike, and wookie gunship sets also have a small rebels logo on a lower corner of the box. The itt also has this logo.

Sorry guys, I don't think we're getting ot Troopers.

Wow! These images were unexpected, but very welcome!

Here are my thoughts:

Micro Fighters: Kinda cute, but I have very little interest in these.

Imperial Troop Transport: this is EXACTLY what I wanted! Thank you LEGO! Finally a good Imperial army builder!

Shadow Troopers: HOLY BRICKS! This could easily be my favourite Battle Pack ever. It really seems like LEGO wanted to squeeze some last EU stuff out before Disney really cracks down on what is top be made, and I'm glad they did. I'll probably end up getting two of these.

Geonosis Troopers: I'm pleasantly surprised. TLG seem to have done an interesting thing here. Rather than give us accurate troopers, they've essentially taken the Kashyyk BP and recoloured it. Plus, the walker actually looks good and the big gun looks like it will be really fun.

Senate Commandos: Is this being released? I thought we had word that this was cancelled? Either way, I'm not hugely impressed, but thats mainly because the figs are still extremely prelim.

Ezra's Speeder Bike: A nice little set. from what I can tell, the bikes are really cool. Sabine will make a great fig, and its cool getting a Stormie. Definite buy.

AT-DP: Pretty much what I expected, and I'm very happy with it. My only gripe is that we get two AT-DP drivers. Swap one of those for the Stormie is the Bike set and it makes a lot more sense to me.

TIE Advanced Prototype: Again, this is what I expected. I am surprised that we're getting an Imp. Officer (hopefully based on Aresko), so thats a big plus.

Hailfire Droid: Why? This set kinda feels pointless. And only one trooper? This set would have so much more appeal if it had a Jedi instead of a Trooper. Give us a new Kit Fisto!

AAT: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS TRASH!!!! I rarely am upset with any Star Wars set, but this is just a joke. Its so small! Honestly, next to the blue Clone Wars AAT this will look like a Micro Fighter! I guess I'm just really disappointed that we've waited this long for a new tan AAT and this is what we get. Sure, its nice, but it just looks bad. I guess it will match the new MTT perfectly.

T-16 Skyhopper: Its nice to see an old classic again. But the Tusken makes the set. And if that rat gets replaced with a new Womp rat mold, I'll need to get this.

Azure Angel: This makes me sooooo happy! The Azure Angel was always one of my favourite parts of the Tartakovsky CW series, and it kinda sucked that they decided to leave it out of the newer series. The fact that LEGO decided to make this makes no sense to me, but I have a feeling that this will be the best selling set of the wave. What kid doesn't want Anakin AND Ventress AND a sweet ship? Theres so much playability with this set! The only thing I wonder is whether we're gonna get the same old CW versions of Anakin and Ventress, or if LEGO will be super nice and give us Tartakovsky-style figs. I'd love a Ventress with her black and white eyes and outfit. And if Anakin is wearing his torn tunic from their duel on Yavin, this will officially become the best fan-service set ever. Definitely the best set of the wave!

Overall, this is one of the best January waves we've had in a while, at least in my opinion. While there are a few lacklustre sets, the new Rebels stuff, the Azure Angel, and 4 battle packs easily make up for it!

to make things a little more clear, all the new sets minus the micros have the new box art with the stormtrooper, but the ghost, phantom, at-dp, speeder bike, and wookie gunship sets also have a small rebels logo on a lower corner of the box. The itt also has this logo.

Sorry guys, I don't think we're getting ot Troopers.

I see, thanks. However... considering the TIE does not have the Rebels logo on the bottom while clearly being a Rebels set, I don't know how much weight I'd put on it. On the other hand it may be that the box art is just not as advanced as the other's box art.

Edited by Flieger

Azure Angel: This makes me sooooo happy! The Azure Angel was always one of my favourite parts of the Tartakovsky CW series, and it kinda sucked that they decided to leave it out of the newer series. The fact that LEGO decided to make this makes no sense to me, but I have a feeling that this will be the best selling set of the wave. What kid doesn't want Anakin AND Ventress AND a sweet ship? Theres so much playability with this set! The only thing I wonder is whether we're gonna get the same old CW versions of Anakin and Ventress, or if LEGO will be super nice and give us Tartakovsky-style figs. I'd love a Ventress with her black and white eyes and outfit. And if Anakin is wearing his torn tunic from their duel on Yavin, this will officially become the best fan-service set ever. Definitely the best set of the wave!

("Tries hard to not make a joke about how a Ventress tunic torn in the right places would also add to the fan-service.")

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Is it me or does the AT-DP look like the head of an AT-AT attached to the legs of an AT-ST?

Sort of. It's based on earlier concept art for the Empire AT-ST, which does look more similar to the AT-AT than the final AT-ST design, with the head design whose sides taper towards the top rather than towards the bottom, and the single slit cockpit window rather than two trapezoidal windows. (pg. 52. sketch #3, if you have The Art of The Empire Strikes Back)

I see, thanks. However... considering the TIE does not have the Rebels logo on the bottom while clearly being a Rebels set, I don't know how much weight I'd put on it. On the other hand it may be that the box art is just not as advanced as the other's box art.

Between the TIE logo snafu, and the odd name of what seems to be a regular ol' stormtrooper in the AT-DP set, I don't think we can clearly say anything one way or another...

...except that the Shadow Troopers aren't sporting Gandalf's torso :grin: Those are clearly ninja torsos!

Is it just me, or do the shadow troopers have a bit of a bomb-squad-esque diamond of gray on their helmets?

Also, wanted to point out that even though the ITT has the rebels logo on it, does not mean it's a rebels set, for example, look at the prelim for the tie advanced prototype. No logo there, but it is clearly a rebels set.

I agree, but it seems everyone is pretty sure the ITT is Rebels based, which is a shame :(

On another note, I must say the Custom Starfighter brings back memories of watching the Clone Wars ten years ago-gah, I feel old!