Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for the info and answering the questions, Hulk_Smash! A lot of those sound so fun!

Hopefully Captain Tarpals is the other Gungan in the AAT, as others have said. If they could have put the 2014 Naboo Security Officer from the MTT into the set, it would have been perfect. To have two Naboo officers (one from MTT one from AAT) would have been great. Having just one doesn't really work.

What dates/months are these likely to be released? I know we got the last wave a lot earlier in the UK than other countries around the world.

What dates/months are these likely to be released? I know we got the last wave a lot earlier in the UK than other countries around the world.

I just saw the Xmas calendar in a shop in town.

We will get her. TLG wouldn't skip out a main character.

As much as I'd like to believe that, I'm not sure if we will get her. :sceptic: I wouldn't be surprised if we got her (in fact I do expect it), but this year all we got was an Ahsoka reissue and Hera for female figures. Just look at the new waves of sets. Hobbit is getting one and the new DC Super Heroes line is getting one. TLG seems to be, unfortunately, cutting back on female figs in their big licenses now for some reason. :sadnew:

I looked up shadow troopers on wookiepedia and it says shadow troopers are commanded by shadow guards so it makes sense why those two are together.

As much as I'd like to believe that, I'm not sure if we will get her. :sceptic: I wouldn't be surprised if we got her (in fact I do expect it), but this year all we got was an Ahsoka reissue and Hera for female figures. Just look at the new waves of sets. Hobbit is getting one and the new DC Super Heroes line is getting one. TLG seems to be, unfortunately, cutting back on female figs in their big licenses now for some reason. :sadnew:

I think that's an overreaction... The Hobbit's getting TWO with a new Tauriel and Galadriel. TCW didn't have a lot of options; Ventress would've only made sense with the Coruscant Dropship, Padme didn't fit too well in any of the actual TCW sets of the year or even the new crop of movie sets really. Gotta remember, SW in general has too few female options, and Lego is mostly gonna focus on the main ones (so Toryn Farr might be low on their list). Sabine is a main character from a brand-new property, and we don't know what all the sets are or contain yet for Winter 2015. She's also a Mando, so her helmet is an easy element: it's just a new print on the existing helmet. She'll be made, in the first year of Rebels sets. I feel certain of it.

The question is... Will they use the bley DC-17 rather than the black small blaster with a scope they've been so fond of recently? The DC-17 is the closest to the pistols of TCW Mandos (and most clone commanders; Phase II Rex should've had black DC-17s, dangit!)... But they might also go for the new stud-launching blasters. :tongue:

Edited by Venkefedo

The Shadow Trooper BP sounds amazing. I wonder if they will have Lightsaber Pikes or just basic weapons.

Also, I'm SO happy we're finally getting the long-needed Tusken Raider update. I wonder if it will come with a gaffi stick, and if yes whether it will be made out of multiple pieces (which would totally work) or a new mold (which would be cool but kinda unnecessary)?

I really wish it was the Jedi Outcast versions... Cud that might mean we'd get a set with Kyle Katarn soon after :grin:

...but I know that won't happen anytime soon.

Sabine is a main character from a brand-new property, and we don't know what all the sets are or contain yet for Winter 2015. She's also a Mando, so her helmet is an easy element: it's just a new print on the existing helmet. She'll be made, in the first year of Rebels sets. I feel certain of it.

Exactly!

Plus, if they're going to Sabine properly, they would probably want to make a new tool for her hair (not just for the shape, but also to more easily print the different colors of her hair). And:

For just "Rebels," we got five new tools Summer 2014: Zeb's head, Kanan's hair, Chopper's body, Chopper's legs, and Ezra's helmet.

For just "Rebels" in Jan 2015, we'll will probably have at least these three new tools: new Wookie head, Agent Kallus helmet, Imperial Inquisitor lightsaber.

I'm sure Lego can and will do more than just those three new tools for Jan 2015.

Also, remember what Hulk_Smash said about minifigures in the Tie Advanced: "The Tie Advanced didn't seem to have any one show, but there was probably one in the cockpit." That means he wasn't able to tell us every minifigure in every set. Sabine might still be in one of the Jan 2015 sets.

Edited by phanstasm

Apparently there's some sort of ad floating around featuring a Lego Inquisitor design, according to Jedi News.

My feeling is that this is certainly a fake; the quality of the minifig models, and especially the stormtrooper helmets, is far below what we've come to expect from Lego CGI animations, and the Inquisitor seems to be wearing shoulder pads that aren't attached in any way. Still, it does provide a look at what an official design might look like.

Edited by hjmediastudios

Apparently there's some sort of ad floating around featuring a Lego Inquisitor design, according to Jedi News.

My feeling is that this is certainly a fake; the quality of the minifig models, and especially the stormtrooper helmets, is far below what we've come to expect from Lego CGI animations, and the Inquisitor seems to be wearing shoulder pads that aren't attached in any way. Still, it does provide a look at what an official design might look like.

Looks real. It came from one of those sponsor ads that are played before Disney XD programming. Makes sense.

The animation looks pretty crappy, but how could it be fake? Although the Ezra fig is yellow, or the colors are way off. But the rest of the colors don't look off. This is a real head-scratcher of an image.

If it is real, it's extremely sub-par- probably produced by an outsourced studio and not TLG themselves or their usual contractors. The rendering, lighting, etc. is fine; it's just that the proportions of the legs are off and certain edges are rounded off far more than they should be. The stormtrooper helmets look like they were modeled with no regard to how actual Lego trooper helmets look- honestly, they look crude, not even just a different interpretation.

EDIT: I hope the imperial troop transport is Episode IV-VI. If it is, I will likely buy at least a dozen, at least if hulk_smash is correct that it has four plain troopers.

Edited by hjmediastudios