Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Seems like they had absolutely nothing for Force Friday in The Netherlands.

Did you expect anything else?

if you have the chance, take the trip to Antwerp (Belgium) all sets arrived at the Lego Store here

Update to my message yesterday. For UK buyers - Tesco, for some reason, didn't list the new sets under the SW Lego page, but if you search for Star Wars Lego on Tesco Direct they magically appear . . . and they are included in the Clubcard Boost promotion! So if you have clubcard vouchers you can double these up (£5 + £10) to by new Lego TFA sets. Suddenly, picking up the MF for £65 of vouchers doesn't seem so bad. ;-)

I did exactly that last night. Ready to collect in store on Monday.

No chance of a stock shortage there when they hide the products

I cannot agree. The transporter has nice minifigs included but the vehicle is awful..

Small, ugly and bulky (think that the "real" one will also look like this of course..(-;).

Transporter isn't supposed to look beautiful. It's military vessel used to deliver infantry a.k.a. Stormtroopers to battle zone. It looks as its supposed to look - basic military ship.

By the look of it, i love the transport. It has space, an awesome popup feature, pilot seats and a ramp. But i just love small compact sets that are smooth and dont let light it.

The only downside of Transporter is lack of pilot. For 90$ Lego could have easily included TIE pilot to control the ship.

Anyone got the transporter in hand and maybe wanna post some images? ive seen some video reviews but its always nicce to see pictures in morea natural envoirements and mroe angles.

Some images of the transporter. There are plenty more minifigure images on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/gp/richpepperell101/8802P5

20537032883_3fcd3e9652_z.jpg

First job for me was to lose those spring loaded shooters. Just placed the 1x4 tile straight onto the jumpers.

20535395234_1707affd3a_z.jpg

Top view

20971290169_3c4c024792_z.jpg

Rear view - may have to something about covering up the technic beams.

20970152948_1a0a66310e_z.jpg

Without the top deck - interior is fantastic. Simple but really effective.

21158132675_5d5f31852d_z.jpg

Brilliant selection of minifigures - Captain Phasma is much more impressive than any of the pictures I'd seen. You need a magnifying glass for some of the helmet detail (maybe it's just my eyes).

20971262179_63b3c8eaed_z.jpg

With the addition of an apollo stud...

20971331179_d80bb7fcd3_z.jpg

Ready to delpoy! You can easily fit 8 troops in here - more if they squeeze up. The ramp struts are my favourite feature - I'll be adding some to the falcon.

21131889126_f235796dd6_z.jpg

Lots of SNOT and angled sections

20535458124_b17b913d07_z.jpg

Slide in cockpit section is a bit low (sticker also a nightmare to get straight on 1x2 cheese slope)

21147862422_0debf47788_z.jpg

Used 4 1x1 black studs (just because they were on hand - spare pieces with set) just to raise it a bit.

20970139948_f3a6fc8a5b_z.jpg

Made to measure - bit of a cosy fit. The trooper's not visible at all when the hatch is shut.

20535401714_49bf08bce3_z.jpg

Interior from above

20970170848_5ed3e9d72d_z.jpg

Transporter isn't supposed to look beautiful. It's military vessel used to deliver infantry a.k.a. Stormtroopers to battle zone. It looks as its supposed to look - basic military ship. The only downside of Transporter is lack of pilot. For 90$ Lego could have easily included TIE pilot to control the ship.

I'm really pleased with the set. It's supposed to look utilitarian and it nails it. The interior works really well and I can see me using it in a lot of dioramas, especially after seeing how it's used in the movie. Only areas for improvement - I've removed the springloaded shooters as they look a bit awkward and too exposed. Also, the cockpit section feels a bit oversized to me. I appreciate it needs to be this big to accommodate a minifig, but seeing that the pilot s not visible when it's shut, I might look at scaling it down a bit.

Just in case anyone's still in denial, it has been 100% confirmed by StarWars.com that the V-Shaped ship in the second teaser is, in fact, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle. So, my theory was correct all along.

Moving on, my Force Friday haul was amazing. Picked up Kylo's Shuttle (obviously), Rey's Speeder, and the First Order Transporter!

I was the first one in line, and literally only 10 more people showed up to the midnight launch. It was calm, and everyone got what they wanted.

It went SO much better than I had expected. Guess I'll be doing things like that more often.

I'm looking forwatd to seeing solutions pfor the V wing issue. I see Jang posted a video saying he'd picked up 2 sets - one to build and one to MOC.

Picked up my Falcon today. Just got to finish my complimentary AT-AT first (long story but terrible then awesome customer service from Argos).

Some images of the transporter. There are plenty more minifigure images on my flickr https://www.flickr.c...erell101/8802P5

*snip*

The only improvement I made was putting chair piece in pilot cabin. It fell really weird to stand pilot in cabin. Tried to put chair piece into gunners hatch didn't work. The hatch wouldn't close. Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images!

I really love the new Falcon. I am gald to have picked it up, and started to build it yesterday. I have the older one; 7965, but never opened it. That one might even be worth more than the new one now, but I still like the new one a lot better. I really wanted the transporter and the shuttle, but $150 spent on LEGO is enough for one day! Maybe I will place orders from S@H to get some points and free stuff. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention how nice the Falcon is. :grin:

The transport is actually my favorite so far. There's something vaguely WW2 about it. I haven't built the TIE yet though. Target had two lines at midnight and they spread the Lego sets between the two so I couldn't get all the sets at once. (both lines of people were huge and they cleared out the Lego sets). Then I went to TRU yesterday and the TIE was the only set they had sold out of. So I had to hunt for it a little. Finally found it at Walmart. I wish you all luck in your hunting!

I'm really liking the generic minifigures I've built so far - perfect patrons for a cantina diorama etc. I haven't got it yet, but I guess the pirates that come with the Falcon will be pretty good for this too.

21165119855_75a2d8bc48_z.jpg

Just in case anyone's still in denial, it has been 100% confirmed by StarWars.com that the V-Shaped ship in the second teaser is, in fact, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle. So, my theory was correct all along.

Thanks, I didn't know they posted new stuff on the official website !

It bothered me a lot the moment we saw the first pic of the Lego version. No one seemed to have a problem with it, yet it's not a small detail.

It's too bad, really. The imperial/republic shuttles have always been my favorite ships in Star Wars, they're always so elegant. And Kylo's shuttle looks like a bird of prey while in "flight mode", which is pretty cool.

Maybe a UCS version later ? That would be fantastic. In the meantime, I'll pass the current one.

I'm really pleased with the set. It's supposed to look utilitarian and it nails it. The interior works really well and I can see me using it in a lot of dioramas, especially after seeing how it's used in the movie. Only areas for improvement - I've removed the springloaded shooters as they look a bit awkward and too exposed. Also, the cockpit section feels a bit oversized to me. I appreciate it needs to be this big to accommodate a minifig, but seeing that the pilot s not visible when it's shut, I might look at scaling it down a bit.

One other improvement I made immediately - the landing ramp is held by a blue half/half pin and a loose grey pin. This makes the action feature of slamming the ramp down work, but I've found swooshing the ship around or even shaking it a bit will cause the ramp to flop open. I replace the grey loose pin with a common black pressure pin from the extra pieces and this solves the issue while retaining full function of the landing ramp.

Just finished building the X-Wing. Very enjoyable build, and the mini figures are all lovely. Next on my list will likely be either the Falcon or Transporter, but I would recommend the X-Wing to everyone - the ship looks stunning in black and orange.

Just compared new FO Stormtroopers to original Imperial Stormtroopers, and new ones are just better in every way possible. The new helmet really sticks out as much sleeker design and armor looks sick! Sorry old stormies, but new ones are just better.

Just compared new FO Stormtroopers to original Imperial Stormtroopers, and new ones are just better in every way possible. The new helmet really sticks out as much sleeker design and armor looks sick! Sorry old stormies, but new ones are just better.

Absolutely agree. The old stormies have a depressed, tired expression. While the new ones have a smirk saying: Gotcha now!

Absolutely agree. The old stormies have a depressed, tired exp<b></b>ression. While the new ones have a smirk saying: Gotcha now!

I hope that means new ones can at least shoot their target without missing. I mean even droids can shoot their target.

I hope that means new ones can at least shoot their target without missing. I mean even droids can shoot their target.

Well, unless the first order has a strict training program for all the angry clones, they still shoot bad.

I have a couple requests for you, the lucky ones that managed to get the new x wing (75102) and FO TIE fighter (75101) and also happen to have the latest x wing (9493) and TIE fighter (9492), could you post some side by side comparisons of these ships?

Maybe a UCS version later ? That would be fantastic. In the meantime, I'll pass the current one.

I'm not overly keen to wait another 5 or so years for them to revisit Kylo Ren's shuttle and get it right....

Patience. Use the Force.

Any day now, one of our resident modding geniuses on this forum will create a clever modification to share with us using only a handful of grey and technic bits. ;)

Got a Snowspeeder and Rey's Speeder. Based on the discussion/pics in this thread the First Order Transporter is no question the next purchase. Thanks for the pics, nymmerod. And also, Richpepperell, great pics of the Transporter + I adore your Cloud City dueling platform in the background! Those Transporter hydraulics on the boarding ramp - are they attached to the wall with a technic pin or are these loose or unattached?

This whole stunt has been an interesting experiment in marketing. Consider that usually we discuss these rumored kits for some 6 months to a year or so before seeing and buying them - this time around it's been a matter of short weeks. This thread has been paramount in guiding my purchase decisions. Thank you all for your posts and input.

EDIT: Yes, Lego-TK1138, that's the exact craft I thought of when the images were first revealed! Love these old school WWII designs slipping in.

Edited by darththeling

Saw the new sets today at the toys xl. They are actually all great sets. I really like the new TIE and X-wing. Nice colors and great sleekness. Although i'm sticking to OT stuff i felt an itch to buy all of them.