SMC

Lego Requests

Lego Requests  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lego stop making exclusive figures (SDCC)

2. 2. Should Lego bring back Classic Space

3. 3. Should Lego continue the LOTR line

4. 4. Should Lego bring back Vikings

5. 5. Should Lego cut ties with Shell

6. 6. Should Lego have a military theme

7. 7. Should Lego have more licensed CMFs

That's an interesting point re Azog, Anio - some exclusives do not remain exclusive. Yet, I see this as more reason to stop exclusives, to protect those poor collectors who get royally ripped off. It seems we agree on sentiment but not method - I agree that people should get over wanting exclusives so much, though I also I think that, if there were no exclusives, there would be nothing for people to get over.

Edited by ummester

Can you add a poll for "Should LEGO revive the Sports theme?". I am sure that I am not the only person who loved the sports theme and wants to see it back.

Can you add a poll for "Should LEGO revive the Sports theme?". I am sure that I am not the only person who loved the sports theme and wants to see it back.

I am waiting for a few people to say the same thing before I add something, but I will second this but I kind of think they might have missed the best recent moment with the world cup, what would you like to see in a new range?

Edited by SMC

I am waiting for a few people to say the same thing before I add something, but I will second this but I kind of think they might have missed the best recent moment with the world cup, what would you like to see in a new range?

There could be a big set with the world cup that could come with a pitch with generic teams. There could also be a set above this that includes stadium seating and 2 real teams (maybe from the final)? There could also be loads of little sets that include other World Cup team in the form of a training area and eventually you will be able to build a training camp with things such as penalty shootout, passing, free kicks etc. It would be the team sizes that LEGO had in the previous line of soccer.

LEGO could also revisit the NBA aspect of sport, They were brilliant sets! I first bought 2 of those sets off ebay and that lead me to join a basketball team. I knew nothing about the NBA at the time and those sets were awesome, they could just update the line to current stars.

I never had experience with the NHL sets but looking at videos of them and images, thye deserve to make a return just like the previous sports mentioned.

There are probably many other sports that could be made interactive with LEGO, it just involves testing ideas.

I just find it hilarious that some people are willing to waste hundreds €/$ to buy a collector item that everyone would not care about or consider it plain ugly if it was not a collector item.

Here are 2 examples from the last years :

https://fbcdn-sphoto...645954893_n.jpg

http://img11.hosting...655d2368c8c.jpg

Another example : some people bought this Azog at crazy prices (500 or 600 €/$ maybe) : http://www.bricklink...p?S=comcon031-1

And then, it was available in that set http://www.bricklink...m.asp?S=79014-1 so everyone can get the minifig for more or less 10$/€. haha.

:laugh: :laugh: Me too. However, some of us are against Lego releasing some figures we really want (they would be in our wishlist for things for them to release, like the symbiote Spider-man) and then making them exclusive. I hope someday they'll rectify this by releasing different versions of the popular characters that they released as comic-con exclusives.

My suggestions

-Should LEGO bring back Adventurers theme?

-Should LEGO make more licensed series of CMF?

My suggestions

-Should LEGO bring back Adventurers theme?

-Should LEGO make more licensed series of CMF?

I like the idea of a question about licensed CMF

ok added

it is not something that has its own topic but it has been talked about a number of time on other topics like LOTR, Hobbit, DC and Marvel

:laugh: :laugh: Me too. However, some of us are against Lego releasing some figures we really want (they would be in our wishlist for things for them to release, like the symbiote Spider-man) and then making them exclusive. I hope someday they'll rectify this by releasing different versions of the popular characters that they released as comic-con exclusives.

Without starting a new war about exclusives in this thread, I do think the way to satisfy MOST people who are interested in the figures is to release variants in sets. I do collect super hero figs, but I don't need every single one... and I certainly don't need 10 different batman figures or spiderman figures. Green Lantern would be nice, though... and from what I understand, we get him next year in a set. So as long as that keeps happening, I personally am OK with it.

Without starting a new war about exclusives in this thread, I do think the way to satisfy MOST people who are interested in the figures is to release variants in sets. I do collect super hero figs, but I don't need every single one... and I certainly don't need 10 different batman figures or spiderman figures. Green Lantern would be nice, though... and from what I understand, we get him next year in a set. So as long as that keeps happening, I personally am OK with it.

but some people will be do collect a subtheme so they might have every Batman, Spiderman of what ever previews are the way to go if you ask me, they have done it with the hobbit the last 2 years at sdcc

"but some people...."

The key word being "some," but I don't want to discuss it here, it belongs in the "open letter" thread.

This is a topic where we can see how much support there is for a particular idea or request, made by us AFOL to the Lego group.

By the use of a poll where you have to vote on every idea (request) we can see what percent of us really care about each issue and how many of us really support an idea or not.

You can ask for a question to be added to the poll and when a number of people ask for the same thing a question will be added. You can also point me to a discussion already happening on eurobricks and I will add a question to the poll and a link to the topic. I want to keep it general so for example it is ok to ask for a Lego UCS Marvel set but not to ask for a X Mansion.

We can discuss the questions here (as not all question will have topics of their own) but only in a light way and the real discussions should take place in each individual topic which will be linked to on the bottom of this post.

The main discuss here should be about the questions (requests) that should be added and what the results tell us about how much AFOL care about each request and which ones the Lego group should take notice of.

As you have to answer all questions in a poll I have added "no strong opinion" please only support or not when you really care. If a new question is added and you have already voted then you will need to delete your vote and revote on all questions.

Please also leave feedback on the topic itself and how it could be improved or expanded

Thanks

SMC

- - - - - - - - - -

Lego topics in the poll

Comic-Con minifigures http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=68795

An Open Letter to The LEGO Group: SDCC Exclusive Minifigures http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=98015

Upcoming Classic Space Reboot? http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=92937

Future LotR Sets? http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=78687

Would you like the Vikings theme to return? http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=92905

Should LEGO cut ties with Shell? http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=97291

Should LEGO make a Military Theme? http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=63379

In all fairness, shouldn't both links pro and con be included on SDCC exclusives?

In all fairness, shouldn't both links pro and con be included on SDCC exclusives?

when I added that list I did add all the topics that were there was at the time so that is the reason, it was not about one side or the other as people were posting for both sides within the topics.

I am not the biggest fan of your topic/letter and not sure how genuine it is, I think you might be looking more for a reaction than anything so I choose not respond to it at all. I could be wrong but that is what I think and I think people can make up there own minds. And if you are planning on being on this site for some time that is an odd name choice.

Edited by SMC

I am not the biggest fan of your post and not sure how genuine it is but think you might be looking more for a reaction so I choose not respond to it at all.

Based on your past comments on the subject it's obvious you posted the con side because you agree with it, which is fine. Though there is something to be said for being fair and objective on a topic and presenting all sides.

....not sure how genuine it is....I could be wrong but that is what I think and I think people can make up there own minds.

Exactly, you don't know how genuine my experience is/was. I agree with you that people are smart enough to see things for what they are and for making their own decisions. However, I believe they should be able to do so without being bullied to agree or not agree with the majority or minority.

And if you are planning on being on this site for some time that is an odd name choice.

What a silly thing for you to say.

I believe they should be able to do so without being bullied to agree or not agree with the majority or minority.

I don't bully anyone in fact I care a lot more about keeping LOTR so if I did try and steer people it would be to keep that going

Like I said at the time I posted links to all the topics that there were, as you can see from the other question there does not tend to be a different topic for each side

What a silly thing for you to say.

well at some point you wont be a totally new lego fan will you?

Anyway its comes down to I read your topic didn't like it so I moved onto ones I did like without posting anything, it was not your point of view that bothered me it was the way it was presented

Edited by SMC

I have changed the first post so that it only has one link to the first topic about SDCC exclusive figures

Edited by SMC

I don't get it. You call yourself a completist, yet you clearly vote for exclusive minifigs that are only available in a certain geographic area.

I'm collecting LotR and Hobbit minifigs for 2 years and now and with the announced SDCC Bard minifig, I realise that those 2 years were for the birds, because I'll not be able to afford this last minifig.

It doesn't matter for a real completist wether a set or a fig is consecutively numbered or not as long as it is part of a particular series that he or she is collecting.

I have some good news for you. The Bard minifig from SDCC is going to appear in the Battle of Five Armies set this year. He was not an exclusive,just an early release at the con. It could have been a whole lot worse. Imagine if they had released the armored Witch King from Return of the King and made it exclusive at SDCC. That would have been wrong on so many levels.

Good news for me too, I have every set,fig that came out in the UK and seeing as there was not a sdcc exclusive I pick up the last 2 ploy bags that we never saw and blue coat Bilbo and although he was still a lot nothing like the sdcc prices. I really think previews with exclusive packets are best for everyone