just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

16042858540_9df86b1f95_z.jpg

Real World, Reformed, and Evil Lord Business variants. That's cool soon I will get a Double-Decker couch set next month after I completed my S13 Minifigures.

I got all three sets today and I absolutely love all of them :wub: I took a few comparison pictures of the different versions of the main characters, now that they've all been released:

16230234915_9b92e230fb_z.jpg

No Wild West Wyldstyle?

Judging from the value of reuse in future sets, Wyldstyle's helmet is a difficult one. Emmet's helmet can be used in future City cosntruction sets since it covers Emmet's most imortant physical trait (the little spikes). Gail's one is similiar those riding helmets from Friends (which covered the heroines' original looks) so it can be for more generic women. The only chance for Wyldstyle's helmet is that her hairstyle would be used on more generic girls.

I can think of one way we'd get Robo-Wyldstyle with her ponytail sticking out of her helmet, actually, though it probably won't happen: The LEGO Movie Minifigures Series 2. It'd also be a good way to get Michelangelo the artist.

Of course we would likely have heard about it already, and it would have to take the place of either The Simpsons Series 2 in May, or Series 14 in October (or come out next year, which is just beyond the bounds of what's realistic for a theme built around one movie with no continuing media support for a while, even one as wildly successful as this).

Ah, well. It would have been nice, but then this theme has offered plenty of collecting challenges as it is, without adding another so-called "CMF" release to it...

I would have taken a Robo-Wyldstyle with a normal hat like we got with wild west emmet.

I can think of one way we'd get Robo-Wyldstyle with her ponytail sticking out of her helmet, actually, though it probably won't happen: The LEGO Movie Minifigures Series 2. It'd also be a good way to get Michelangelo the artist.

Of course we would likely have heard about it already, and it would have to take the place of either The Simpsons Series 2 in May, or Series 14 in October (or come out next year, which is just beyond the bounds of what's realistic for a theme built around one movie with no continuing media support for a while, even one as wildly successful as this).

Ah, well. It would have been nice, but then this theme has offered plenty of collecting challenges as it is, without adding another so-called "CMF" release to it...

We might not see another Lego Movie CMF series until 2018, when the sequel comes out.

Yeah, I somehow forgot about that version :grin:

The Wild West version of Wyldstyle can be found in LEGO Movie Minifigures series. She has different face rather than a regular ones like the normal, hooded, and space variants.

Edited by legofanatic12

I just picked up Benny spaceship for $49 at Walmart can't wait to build it.

Slightly off-topic since this is for the 2015 sets, but the 2014 sets have been starting to go away in the past couple weeks (save for the Minifigures line, which has been sold out nearly everywhere for almost a year, and the various promos). I very nearly didn't notice in time and almost missed out on a few (I'm trying to get as much of the line as I can, including hopefully all the boxed retail sets), but fortunately I seem to have picked up on it just in time, and I've actually been scoring some excellent deals - a second Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! for $49 from Wallyworld, just like you, plus a Super Secret Police Dropship for $59, Ice Cream Machine for $9, a second Trash Chomper for $15, and more; it now looks like I have a surprisingly good shot at actually collecting more or less the whole theme, save for some of the promo sets. Most of the deals I've found lately have been at Walmart, which isn't all that surprising, but even Toys 'R' Us - Toys 'R' Us! - has discounted Rescue Reinforcements, now.

I now either have in hand or am awaiting receipt of (from recent orders) every boxed set in the first wave, two of the three or four second wave sets (depending on whether you count the Sea Cow as part of the second wave), all the Minifigures, two of the three polybags, the three theater ticket / videogame preorder minifigures, the two TRU build event "sets", and the Piece of Resistance book with included robot minifigure, and the "Everything is Awesome!" edition Blu-ray with Vitruvius. The only things I'm lacking are the theater promo set (in the tin), the SDCC Unikitty, Micro Manager Battle (the Wyldstyle polybag), the polybag with the vehicle microbuilds, the LEGO Store Monthly Model Build Micro-manager, Metal Beard's Sea Cow, Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, and the three sets that just came out (plus the "extended line" stuff I'm not concerned about, like keychains and such). Being unable to get the theater promo set in the tin and especially the SDCC Unikitty figure really stings, but everything else is either doable, or something I don't need to worry about (in that it's stuff I can easily recreate with my own parts and such from elsewhere). I... I think... I think I'm going to make it!! :D

I've actually been able to start getting a few duplicates now of things I'd like multiples of, even. Thanks to clearances, I have two apiece of Getaway Glider, Trash Chomper, and Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! (in addition to two or three of some of the minifigures), and should be able to get additionals of these and / or a few others.

This is the largest LEGO theme that I've ever managed to collect to this level of completion. There are a few others that come close - I got all sixteen of the retail Indiana Jones sets (plus many, many duplicates - Temple Escape is the only one I have only one of), plus the Brickmaster set, but aside from there also being a couple rare convention promos I'm devastated not to have, the overall theme is still smaller than this one. Similarly, I actually managed to get all of the Prince of Persia sets, but that was a mere five retail boxes plus a Brickmaster polybag. Likewise with Alien Conquest, I have all the boxed retail sets, but again it's a much smaller theme than TLM. Getting this much of this theme is much harder. I set out to try to get all the sets for The LEGO Movie, but I'm not sure I thought I'd come this close to actually doing it - yet here I am, closing in on the finish line. Well... wow.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

How much has TRU discounted Rescue Reinforcements?

$10, as of this writing - have a look and see.

(I don't know if it's the same in brick-and-mortar TRU stores, but I'd imagine so, though if one can order online it doesn't matter anyway, right?)

I bought two Double Decker Couch sets, and added the couch from the Sea Cow, and now have a home for my CMF set.

16534049698_c1cd0bd4e5_c.jpgCouch_08on Flickr

How much has TRU discounted Rescue Reinforcements?

$10, as of this writing - have a look and see.

(I don't know if it's the same in brick-and-mortar TRU stores, but I'd imagine so, though if one can order online it doesn't matter anyway, right?)

And I just received it yesterday. It was the last set I needed from the original wave - huzzah! Now I need only Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, MetalBeard's Sea Cow and the 2015 sets, and I'll have a more-or-less complete collection. Yay!

And I just received it yesterday. It was the last set I needed from the original wave - huzzah! Now I need only Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, MetalBeard's Sea Cow and the 2015 sets, and I'll have a more-or-less complete collection. Yay!

The Sea Cow is such a beautiful set. You are going to love building it once you pick it up.

I wish I could finish the first wave. :cry_sad:

I can't find Castle Cavalry for the life of me. And I can't justify shipping prices either.

The Sea Cow is such a beautiful set. You are going to love building it once you pick it up.

I wish I could finish the first wave. :cry_sad:

I can't find Castle Cavalry for the life of me. And I can't justify shipping prices either.

I got mine from Target.com - they have it for just 24.99 (five bucks below MSRP), and they also offer free shipping on orders of $25 or more, so you could add something cheap - they have some of DK's LEGO books for kids for just a few dollars, so you could add one and still pay below MSRP for just the set, and get free shipping on top of that.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Regarding the LEGO Dimensions announcement: The Bad Cop, Benny and Wyldstyle minifigs seem to be the same ones we already got, but at least Unikitty's got a new facial expression:

16881046497_d700e9b843_b.jpg

LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs

:wub: :wub:

Brickfan and other sites have descriptions and prices for the Level packs, Team packs, and Fun packs. There goes more money to Octa...I mean, Lego Corp.

How much will the Fun Pack cost? Can't wait to get my hands on that Unikitty!

I'm seeing $14.99 for Fun Packs, $24.99 for Team Packs and $29.99 for Level Packs, but I don't know yet whether that's vendor-specific or MSRP. It's US pricing, of course, which probably means those are the best prices, and other countries have it even worse.

But I definitely intend to get at least a couple packs anyway. If I can afford it, I'd like to get the game and a whole slew of packs from lots of themes, but whether I get the game or anything else or not, I do want this Unikitty pack and the Back to the Future Level Pack.

It seems we are far from done with The LEGO Movie

Eeyup! LEGO Dimensions just effectively added four more sets to the 2015 TLM lineup - or five, actually, counting the base game package, which does after all have Wyldstyle (and for that matter, both the other characters in it were also in the movie, even if they're not quite exactly the same).

I'm seeing $14.99 for Fun Packs, $24.99 for Team Packs and $29.99 for Level Packs, but I don't know yet whether that's vendor-specific or MSRP. It's US pricing, of course, which probably means those are the best prices, and other countries have it even worse.

This is what I have heard as well which falls in line with the prices of Skylanders and Disney Infinity packs so I would imagine it is correct. I know that Skylanders and Infinity are often on sale at TRU and Target so I assume these will be as well if they want to compete with them.