Sign in to follow this  
Nightstalker

Fantasy Effects

With HNGK: Volume 2 finished up, I have decided to start making fantasy effects. Many of these are similar to abilities you would see in a fantasy game. Most of these builds will be relatively small, but I hope to start creating better effects with each one I add.

I'll also hope to add about two each Monday. Anyways, enough of my ranting!

-----------------------------

dsc03674.jpg

Ability #1: Back-Stab

- With a small enough/thin enough blade you can easily lift up the minifig's torso and slip a blade through. A small stream of blood adds a nice "bloody" effect to being stabbed.

dsc03676.jpg

Ability #2: Heal

- This one is also a rather simple one by using trans-yellow plates. The picture above is demonstrating lesser heal, but greater forms of healing could be made by increasing the number of trans-yellow pieces.

------------------------

Additional Pictures

dsc03675.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the MOC.

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

:classic:

Very interesting. I like the use of the clear yellow tiles on your second one. I have always had a hard time using them for something other than headlights. As for the blood effect one, it looks good. But my favorite is the second.

If I may, I'd rather use transparent green/blue tiles for healing effect. It must be a bad MMO/RPG habit where healing potions and life bars are blue or green.

Moreover, trans yellow would better suit to some sort of light magic.

I really like the shape of the effect, though...

If I may, I'd rather use transparent green/blue tiles for healing effect. It must be a bad MMO/RPG habit where healing potions and life bars are blue or green.

Moreover, trans yellow would better suit to some sort of light magic.

I really like the shape of the effect, though...

I guess it really depends on who is healing. You could switch it out for trans-green if the person casting is more along the lines of a druid. I specifically use trans-yellow to indicate a holy-type of heal, but it could work either way.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I see no prob with the yellow. WoW is an MMORPG, and that's clearly a paladin-type casting the spell which would be yellow in that game. You should have your rogue & pally assault Combee's Ogre Encampment, show Mega Bloks how it's done! :grin: (MB did some nice WoW stuff, but it's still MB... and they never made dwarves or trolls, which I really wanted to see)

dsc03714.jpg

Magic Push

- This one is pretty simple and I rather like the effect. It uses a transparent cord and the base of a droid STAP. Over different surfaces you can even add in different effects such as the movement of water, waves, or even rocks/trees being knocked aside.

dsc03715.jpg

Telekinesis

- I've seen multiple ways to make this, but I rather like this one. Using some trans-color cones you can show an object (or person for that matter) being lifted up. I tend to mix in some other 1x1 round plates to get a color variation. To also designate the caster, it also helps to add the same trans color as the cones in the caster's hand. Unfortunately, I don't have 1x1 trans-purple round plates available.

Just a couple of extra ways to make you wizard/sorcerer/etc. have some different effects.

Hope you enjoyed the MOC.

As usual

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

Greetings!

I'd like to refer to this MoC-Page of Diablo 2 Characters made of Lego. Some of the effects can be enhanced, but I liked some of the spells like the bone armor or the fireball.

Also notice that you can link the older version of the flame pieces like on these photos and bend the flaming streams.

I use this piece of fire with a lightsaber hilt as a firesword and a blue lightsaber as a frostsword. Many futuristic (transparent) Lego parts can be used as magic effects.

I hope I gave you some inspiration. Maybe someone should make a guide about this...

Brick on, dude!

Edited by Quichybo