Sign in to follow this  
Tech Artist

Hello from Gurnee, Illinois!

Hello everyone. My name is Chris. I go by the user name Tech Artist(if any of you are from the former High Impact Halo, you will recognize me and if you are, please let me know!).

I have been a fan of Lego ever since I was a small child. Growing up it was one of my favorite toys and I even fought with my brother on my occasions for control of them(we shared them growing up). After coming back from college I lost interest in it(more like I kinda forgot about it) for some reason. Then once I saw the Lego Movie it re-kindled my love for the bricks and I've been hard into it ever since. I've bought many models and recently have been getting into building MOCs(which I've found much funner to build though my parts selection isn't great :sceptic: ).

I lurked on the Lego subreddit for a while then found this site and lurked here. I joined the Lego subreddit(been posting there for a while under the name 7echArtist) and continued to lurk here. I finally decided to join here after a little while and am looking forward to my stay here! I'll definitely be posting some of the stuff I've made that I posted over there as well as any new stuff. I look forward to your comments and critiques. If there is one thing I've really liked about this site so far, it's White Fang's reviews and the incredible MOCs I've seen posted on the main page. Truly amazing work!

Besides Lego, my interests include video games, television, Graphic Design, printing, and photography. I have been a Graphic Designer for a while but recently have decided to focus my career path more towards photography and printing.

Thank you for having me!

Edited by Tech Artist

Welcome to EB!

I even fought with my brother on my occasions for control of them(we shared them growing up).

My brothers and I each had our own LEGOs and we fought all the time. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if we had to share them!!!

I lurked on the Lego subreddit for a while then found this site and lurked here. I joined the Lego subreddit(been posting there for a while under the name 7echArtist)

Wait, there are LEGOs on Reddit? :wall: Why did no one tell me this before?! :facepalm: There goes my afternoon....

Welcome to EB!

My brothers and I each had our own LEGOs and we fought all the time. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if we had to share them!!!

Wait, there are LEGOs on Reddit? :wall: Why did no one tell me this before?! :facepalm: There goes my afternoon....

Yup! Go here: http://www.reddit.com/r/lego

Me and my brother fought a lot. Legos were one of the heated items but eventually we decided he gets to keep the KNEX and I get the Legos which I'm perfectly ok with. We actually do better living apart and seeing each other for short periods of time.

Hey! Welcome fellow Illinoisan! You should check out Brickworld! It's in a few weeks! http://www.brickworld.us/ :grin:

I really want to go. I am gonna try my best to. Looks like tons of fun!

Edited by Tech Artist

...eventually we decided he gets to keep the KNEX and I get the Legos...

Wow, good job pulling the wool over his eyes! Hahahaha. Thanks for the Reddit link!

Welcome!

Similar story for me, but I somehow managed to share LEGO with my younger brother. He agreed that all parts are mostly mine (as I got them before he was born) but we shared mostly everything.

I really want to go. I am gonna try my best to. Looks like tons of fun!

If you do go, find the display with the life sized Guitars, those would be mine, stop by and say hello! :grin: