Sign in to follow this  
woon_tze

Arctic Tumbler - Movie Inspired 2 Seaters

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please support at

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66004

arctic10.jpg

"Yes Mr. Wayne, it now comes in white"

Inspired by the Tumbler and LEGO set 76000, I set out to design a 2 seaters minifig scale Arctic Tumbler. Afterall, it only makes sense if Batman would change the color of his vehicle to blend better with the mission surroundings, since he has changed his outfit appropriately.

arctic11.jpg

arctic12.jpg

arctic13.jpg

arctic15.jpg

arctic16.jpg

Arctic Tumbler comes equipped with 2 twin runners blades, 2 fully functional treads & tracks, rear afterburner and 2 front flamethrowers! The base design of this tumbler is of course similar to my other tumbler projects.

arctic17.jpg

We can't have Batman without his trusty partner Robin, fashioned after the popular LEGO Batman 2 video game! I've changed the yellow on the insignia and utility belt to gray, so as to match Batman's outfit better.

I've initially considered designing Batman's suit to resemble Nolan's Dark Knight version, but did not pursue the concept further as robin does not have a similar version to reference after, hence it wouldn't be coherent.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please support at

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66004

I think I like it :) your modifications to the tumbler suits the design very well. I don't know if the crime rates in the arctic requires batmans intervention, but looks like he is well prepared now :)

I'vevnever liked the tumbler a a streetvehicle, but I love it as a snowmobile! The angular forms work great in white. And I love the combination withe the blue glass. It will make a nice set.

Supported.

Neat design. It seems like a practical evolution of the Tumbler, and one that makes more sense than its normal form. The figures are great.

With that said... Good luch on Ideas, you will probably need it. Much of the CuuSoo/Ideas/Lego community seems to be suffering from "Tumbler" fatigue.

This is a great MOC. The shaping works really well. The color scheme works well. The figures are a nice touch.

With that said, it does seem everyone and their dog has a tumbler designed. That's not to say any one is better or worse than another. That's the problem. Too many great designs out there of the same thing.

I think fans only want so many of them. I highly doubt TLG would produce a copy, even if it made it to 10k. It shouldn't fall under the inevitable discovery considering it is improving a previous set basically, but that lends more credence to the idea of why they wouldn't do it. They created an Arctic Batman set already.

Best of luck though. I really like it.

I think I like it :) your modifications to the tumbler suits the design very well. I don't know if the crime rates in the arctic requires batmans intervention, but looks like he is well prepared now :)

Thanks emilstorm, you'll never know when batman is going to have a mission in the arctic, it happens :)

I'vevnever liked the tumbler a a streetvehicle, but I love it as a snowmobile! The angular forms work great in white. And I love the combination withe the blue glass. It will make a nice set.

Supported.

Thank B.Rick, The vehicle does look like it suits a snowmobile design quite well :) Thanks for the support!

Neat design. It seems like a practical evolution of the Tumbler, and one that makes more sense than its normal form. The figures are great.

With that said... Good luch on Ideas, you will probably need it. Much of the CuuSoo/Ideas/Lego community seems to be suffering from "Tumbler" fatigue.

Hi Faefrost, yup I understand where you are coming from, thanks for the wish :)

Amazing! Does it come in black? :laugh:

Hi hachiroku, yes it does! Please check out my other tumbler project at https://ideas.lego.com/projects/58144

This is a great MOC. The shaping works really well. The color scheme works well. The figures are a nice touch.

With that said, it does seem everyone and their dog has a tumbler designed. That's not to say any one is better or worse than another. That's the problem. Too many great designs out there of the same thing.

I think fans only want so many of them. I highly doubt TLG would produce a copy, even if it made it to 10k. It shouldn't fall under the inevitable discovery considering it is improving a previous set basically, but that lends more credence to the idea of why they wouldn't do it. They created an Arctic Batman set already.

Best of luck though. I really like it.

Thanks LegoDr, yes I totally understand where you are coming from, but I truly see no harm in trying, no one knows for sure what's going to happen. Thanks for the like :)

Edited by woon_tze