Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#102: Debts

Matthias gives Alexis a quizzical look. "You think someone there is in danger? In any case, we should definitely investigate." he says, and then asks the animals, "Do any of those voices sound familiar?"

Edited by nstickney

Purpearl turns to Matthias and Alexis,

"Whatever it is, let's investigate.."

Purpearl tries to make sense of the voices coming out of the room.

Matthias also asks 'XX' if he recognizes the voices.

Edited by nstickney

Sorry guys, got busy, here we go!

22815e23-fe26-4b81-8fe5-b829f4e24fb8_zpsf4a52351.jpg

"I can hardly remember faces, let alone voices."

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpg

"I have impeccable memory, on the other hand, and actually... one of those voices sounds vaguely familiar..."

The heroes wander into the other room, where three dark figures talk freely on a balcony above them, illuminated only by the moon...

IMG_2033_zps27b47c83.jpg

"...we'll hand it off to M, and then the both of you are done."

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"And you get to see the final battle. How come Chauncey likes you so damn much?"

IMG_2033_zps27b47c83.jpg

"We have similar mentalities."

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"Can't I at least deal with the heroes? They'll be tracking him down. I'd like a crack at them"

IMG_2033_zps27b47c83.jpg

"But my mangy Magnar, you are getting a crack at them. They are right below us, after all."

The three silhouettes turn to the heroes. They are instantly recognizable - three of the six mercenaries who attacked the heroes at the Albatross.

IMG_2044_zps46d92841.jpg

"Hello, humble heroes. Welcome to Chauncey's Mansion. I was assuming you'd be here, sooner or later. I'm sorry to say that I cannot allow your continued efforts in this matter. I have places to be and matters to attend to, but one of my friends here can take care of you, persuade you off your current track."

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"I'll take the bastards."

IMG_2033_zps27b47c83.jpg

"Be my guest, maleficent Magnar," the blond woman says, turning to leave. She and the other woman start down the stairs.

IMG_2046_zpsbbe5dd04.jpg

"I will leave your payment with the Armored Reaper."

95d07c62-b04c-4dd5-aee6-4f13d572297f_zps3d7dd35a.jpg

"Come to R'Klif. I will find you there."

IMG_2033_zps27b47c83.jpg

"Remember, just rough them up. I have a special spot in my heart for heroes. Good bye, heroes, and good bye, mortifying Magnar. Play nice."

And with that she and the Armored Reaper are out the door. The Nord climbs over the railing and looms over the heroes.

IMG_2047_zps1d427701.jpg

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"I hear from my family up north that you heroes have been . Southerners. There's a rumor going around that you heroes can't die thanks to an artifact that the Norns stole from us Nords. I'm thinking I'll see if it's true."

The Norseman lunges at the heroes, landing on the floor heavily, and then rushing at them with his axes.

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Magnar the Barely-Bearded Bearded-Nord

Level ?? Icy Humanoid

Health: 1100/1100

Special I: A Hairy Situation – Magnar entangles the hero in his not-too-glorious beard, causing them to be Bound and Slowed until Magnar is defeated.

Special II: Smaller Axe - Magnar deals two hits - one to the hero targeting him (damage = x2 the targeting hero's level), and one to the hero below them in the battle order (damage = x1 the targeting hero's level).

Passive Special I: Bloody
Mary
Magnar - Free hits/rolls of damage deal with bleeding by 3 effect.

Drops: Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), Nordic Chest Plate, Magnar's Smaller Axe

Note: Magnar’s level is equal to hero’s level x1.5. Specials decided by a dice roll.

The Heroes

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)
*Party Leader*

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 4 Bonus)

Ether:
16/17
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 2 Bonus)

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Steel fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide
(Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear),
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Remedy, 2 Somas, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 4x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
),
Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

XX

Level 32.5 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed*

Health:
48/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
XX Hand Cannon (WP: 12, Ignores SP), XX Ammo Belts (As an
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental), Phoenix Essence, Mead x2, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x2, Bomb XXX (Causes 250 damage to all enemies and 50 to all allies), Smoke Bomb, Fire Bombs (4), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (4), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to
Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
42/47

Ether:
28/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword), Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to
Fragile
, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP: 10;
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),

Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; bodywear), White Cloak (Max HP +3; backwear)

Topaz

No Scrolls

Phoenix Essence, Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (3), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 11 Ranger *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 16/16

Gold
: 68

Equipment
: Fireball Extraordinaire (Hand Cannon, WP:5, also hits enemies listed above and below target, user is
Slowed
), Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grand Potion, Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 17.5 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed*

Power: 37

Health: 31/31

Defense: 4

Gold: 291

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11)

OoC: I apologize that Magnar's picture is so out of focus.

Edited by Zepher

"Wonderful, another Nord with an axe." Alexis rolls her eyes. She swings her fan at the Nord from the front row.

OOC: Does his level change depending on who's attacking him? Or does the first hero to attack him set his level?

Changes depending on who is attacking him. I've also edited his stats a little, check it out!

Special I: A Hairy Situation – Magnar entangles the hero in his not-too-glorious beard, causing them to be Bound and Slowed until Magnar is defeated.

Matthias the Carnival Crusader (nstickney) *Immune to Bound, Slowed* *Blessed*

I've also edited his stats a little, check it out!

Rats, I really liked him with just Special I!

Matthias, laughing for joy that here is a battle without pesky moral confusions, immediately fires his cannon at Magnar from the back row. "Quick! Before the others get too far away! Quick! Before the others get too far away!" he yells in two languages.

Based on Special II, we should probably put lower levels at the beginning of the order, so that whoever is right below a hero in the order can handle the extra damage without much trouble. If Alexis rolls Special Damage, the resultant hit will kill Matthias if he is behind her in the battle order, for example.

> Matthias: Extraordinaire vs. Magnar (back row)

Nerwen listens to the exchange between the woman and the folically challenged nord. She then shakes loose her mourning star and readies for battle.

An enemy not immune to your scrolls Lady Berthadhiell.

She steps forward shield at the ready.

Nerwen - mourning star vs. Magnar

Purpearl pulls out a scroll.

Turning to XX and Russell and Sir Pigley, she nods gently.

"We're close."

Battle Order

>Purpearl - Scroll of Weakening

>Matthias

>Russell & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator

Nerwen

Alexis

>XX - Dangerous Dagger

>Russell & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator

Battle by Moonlight Round One

>Purpearl uses Scroll of Weakening on Magnar - (Failure, Roll of 6, -1 ether)

>Matthias - Special Damage (Special Damage II: 11x2/2=11 Damage Matthias, [11/2]-4=2 Damage)

>Russell & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Damage (([17*1.5]/2)-4=11 Damage, -3 Bleeding)

Nerwen v. Magnar - Meditate (+1 ether)

Alexis v. Magnar - Critical Hit ([20*2]+44=84 Damage Dealt)

>XX v. Magnar - Critical Hit ([[20*2]+32]*2/2=72)

>Russell & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Critical Hit (([16*2]+17)/2=25)

Russel & Pigley and Matthias recover 3 health from Blessed

Magnar flies forward, attacking the heroes with a shocking fury. He nearly splits Matthias in half, landing his axe right above the hero's right hip, and the hero feels his intestines attempting to escape through the hole in his side. The Nord also slams his axes into Russel's shell, causing it to splinter and crack, but not break. Alexis and XX fight back, parrying blows and landing some of their own, and Russel, indignant over the attack, rides forward bravely and slices the Nord's forehead, causing blood to drip into his eyes.

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpg

"You don't crack my shell and live!" cries the brave crab. XX hefts his gun and looks at Purpearl.

"Hey, Purpearl, I've been playing nice and standing back for a while now, but I'm a demolitionist expert. I think it's time that I get to do what I do best."

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"Freeze in Hel!" cries the disoriented Nord. "Damn f*cking Heroica. All the same, past and f*cking present. Pretentious little bastards. I'll kill you."

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Magnar the Barely-Bearded Bearded-Nord

Level ?? Icy Humanoid *Blinded (3 Rounds)*

Health: 909/1100

Special II: Smaller Axe - Magnar deals two hits - one to the hero targeting him (damage = x2 the targeting hero's level), and one to the hero below them in the battle order (damage = x1 the targeting hero's level).

Passive Special I: Bloody
Mary
Magnar - Free hits/rolls of damage deal with bleeding by 3 effect.

Drops: Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), Nordic Chest Plate, Magnar's Smaller Axe

Note: Magnar’s level is equal to hero’s level x1.5. Specials decided by a dice roll.

The Heroes

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)
*Party Leader*

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 4 Bonus)

Ether:
16/17
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 2 Bonus)

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Steel fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide
(Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear),
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Remedy, 2 Somas, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 4x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
),
Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

XX

Level 32.5 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed*

Health:
48/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
XX Hand Cannon (WP: 12, Ignores SP), XX Ammo Belts (As an
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental), Phoenix Essence, Mead x2, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x2, Bomb XXX (Causes 250 damage to all enemies and 50 to all allies), Smoke Bomb, Fire Bombs (4), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (4), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to
Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
42/47

Ether:
29/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword), Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to
Fragile
, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP: 10;
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),

Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; bodywear), White Cloak (Max HP +3; backwear)

Topaz

No Scrolls

Phoenix Essence, Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (3), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 11 Ranger *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 8/16

Gold
: 68

Equipment
: Fireball Extraordinaire (Hand Cannon, WP:5, also hits enemies listed above and below target, user is
Slowed
), Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grand Potion, Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 17.5 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed* *Bleeding -3*

Power: 37

Health: 18/31

Defense: 4

Gold: 291

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11)
Edited by Zepher

Turning to Russell and Sir Pigley,

"Your wounds look pretty bad, if I were you, I would slow down for a while (i.e. do nothing or act once). But you are free to act as you see fit."

"Hey, Purpearl, I've been playing nice and standing back for a while now, but I'm a demolitionist expert. I think it's time that I get to do what I do best."

"Go for it, XX. Try not to blow his head off, he might know something... about Aventine."

Purpearl turns her head and gives the Nord a dirty look.

"Where's Aventine, Magnar Maggot?"

Battle Order

>Purpearl - Scroll of Sealing

>Matthias - Does Nothing

>Russell & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator?

Nerwen - Mourning Star

Alexis - Steel Fan

>XX - XX Hand Cannon

>Russell & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator?

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Matthias cries out in pain and grabs his side, holding his torn flesh in place with both hands. The gnome's mind recalls the Grand Potion in his bag, but he's afraid to move his hands because his insides might fall out.

If Purpearl rolls Special Damage:

> Matthias uses his Grand Potion (back row)

Else:

> Matthias does nothing (back row)

Edited by nstickney

If Purpearl rolls Special Damage:

> Matthias uses his Grand Potion (back row)

Else:

> Matthias does nothing (back row)

IIRC, Magnar can't physically attack anyone for 3 rounds, (i.e. Damage, Specials, Free Hits) since he's blinded.

Nerwen sees Matthias hit and his tentative reaching for his bag.

Save your potion master gnome, I shall heal you.

Nerwen - heal vs. Matthias

IIRC, Magnar can't physically attack anyone for 3 rounds, (i.e. Damage, Specials, Free Hits) since he's blinded.

You're right! I was thinking blinded still left Special Damage available, but since all his attacks are physical, we're good!

Save your potion master gnome, I shall heal you.

"Lady Nerwen, might it not be better to attack while our foe is blind? I will live a few more minutes," Matthias calls out through his gritted teeth. Swallowing his pain, the ranger summons his courage and fires at Magnar again.

> Matthias: Extraordinaire vs. Magnar

Edited by nstickney

OOC:Just checked Rules and FAQ. Will edit my post accordingly.

Q: How do the effects differ when applied to enemies?

A: Not all effects work the same way as they on heroes when they are used on an enemy. Here is a comprehensive list of the differences:

Hastened - The enemy will perform a single Free Hit if it is targetted during the round, and two Free Hits if it is not targetted.

Lucky - Everyone targetting the enemy will roll twice and perform the worse result of the two.

KO - Not usually applicable to enemies. Once their health is depleted to zero, enemies cannot be revived except where explicitly stated otherwise.

Stunned - The enemy misses on the next DAMAGE or SPECIAL DAMAGE rolled for it. If nobody targets it, the enemy loses its Free Hit.

Asleep - The enemy is unable to act for three rounds unless it is woken up by an attack.

Fast Asleep - The enemy is unable to act for six rounds unless it is woken up by an attack.

Blinded - The enemy misses on every DAMAGE rolled for it for three rounds. This also applies to Free Hits.

Sealed - The enemy misses on every SPECIAL DAMAGE rolled for it for three rounds.

Bound - Not applicable to enemies.

Confused - The enemy has a 1/2 chance of hitting a random ally instead of the target with every DAMAGE or SPECIAL DAMAGE rolled for it or with Free Hits for three rounds.

Slowed - The enemy cannot perform a Free Hit even if nobody targets it.

Jinxed - Everyone targetting the enemy will roll twice and perform the better result of the two.

Minimized - The enemy's level, max. health and max. ether are reduced to 10% (rounded up) for three rounds, after which the values are restored, except any health or ether lost during the minimized phase.

Encouraged, Blessed, Transcended, Inspired, Reinforced, Doomed, Petrified, Poisoned, Bleeding, Cursed, Afraid, Enraged, Enamored, Hexed, Weakened and Fragile have no difference when applied to enemies.

We'll get this right eventually hahahaha. :thumbup:

CK, I still think Nerwen should attack - assuming Purpearl doesn't roll Special Damage, assuming Matthias is moved to the first position in the battle order, he will be nearly at full health by the time Blinded wears off. Speaking of which, Matthias should be at the front of the battle order now to prevent him from getting hit any more.

> Matthias does nothing

Edited by nstickney

We'll get this right eventually hahahaha. :thumbup:

CK, I still think Nerwen should attack - assuming Purpearl doesn't roll Special Damage, assuming Matthias is moved to the first position in the battle order, he will be nearly at full health by the time Blinded wears off. Speaking of which, Matthias should be at the front of the battle order now to prevent him from getting hit any more.

> Matthias does nothing

If Matthias get to go first, he would also risk getting hurt if Russell/Pigley rolls a Special at the end of the BO. If Nerwen attacks, I would shift Matthias right under Purpearl, if not Matthias would be under Nerwen. :thumbup:

If Matthias get to go first, he would also risk getting hurt if Russell/Pigley rolls a Special at the end of the BO. If Nerwen attacks, I would shift Matthias right under Purpearl, if not Matthias would be under Nerwen. :thumbup:

I figured your plan out when I saw that you had Matthias behind Nerwen - assuming she heals Math instead of attacking, should work great! :thumbup:

As you wish Matthias.

Nerwen shifts to attacking

Master Ecksecks, since the foe will take extra damage from your dagger, it is effectively more powerful than your cannon. I know you enjoy blowing things up and have had limited chance to so far, but why waste bombs when your blade does it better?

Edited by Chromeknight

So, at this point, the safest place for Matthias to do nothing is behind Purpearl in the battle order...

Matthias nods to Nerwen, a grimace of pain and determination across his face. "Finish him quick and then I will need some assistance," he mutters. The gnome takes a knee behind his comrades, cannon lying near, and prays to Orrik that Aventine's amulet can knit his rent flesh.

> Matthias: Nothing

Edited by nstickney

The gnome takes a knee behind his comrades, cannon lying near, and prays to Orrik that Aventine's amulet can knit his rent flesh.[/i]

Purpearl positions herself defensively in front of Matthias, Russell and Sir Pigley, as she tries to protect them from further harm.