Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#102: Debts

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell - pray you get better soon!

And yes, tiny Math will revel in his 11 damage... :grin:

Nerwen bows slightly to Issac.

you will need to look toward your security arrangements if the Pongcanae have returned. I wish you well.

Speaking to Purpearl she says

Thank you. Lead on.

av-sirisaacshawe.png

"I will deal with the issue presently, Lady Nerwen. Best of luck with your journeys."

Samuel waves the heroes forward. They follow him around the border of town, and then plunge into the near by woods.

cceaa68e-5a9f-4d59-a2d6-2d48c17a7c22_zpsb15f1222.jpg

"Listen, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't mention to the Armored Reaper that I was the one who showed you the way. We're on good terms, me and her, and I'd like to keep it that way. She's a more than adequate killer, so being on bad terms with her is a big no-no for me." He pauses. "I'd also like to say that I'm more than willing to mention your names to the Count, should you want."

OoC: I know it's weird because you've already gotten the Hinckwell rep, but it still actually can do things - for example, both Matthias and Purpearl can choose this rep and end up with good rep for the Shadeaux instead of the Hinckwells, because once started the rep system has no way of returning to zero.

Following through town and the woods, Matthias falls into a walking sleep - just awake enough to put one foot in front of the other - and doesn't hear Shawe's offer.

"Listen, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't mention to the Armored Reaper that I was the one who showed you the way. We're on good terms, me and her, and I'd like to keep it that way. She's a more than adequate killer, so being on bad terms with her is a big no-no for me." He pauses. "I'd also like to say that I'm more than willing to mention your names to the Count, should you want.

"You have kept your side of the bargain and brought us to the armoured reaper. You and the Count can trust that I, Purpearl, will be silent about everything tonight."

OOC: In other words, Purpearl gives up Hinckwell rep for Shadeaux rep.

...can choose this rep and end up with good rep for the Shadeaux instead of the Hinckwells...

Since both are available, Nerwen will take both Hinckwell and Shadeaux rep.

I'm confused. From a story perspective, I don't see any reason why CK can't be right and the characters can't receive both Hinckwell and Shadeaux rep, but I thought the mechanics were that those two families were opposed? If the characters can get both, Matthias wants both hahahaha. If not, he'll stick to Hinckwell.

OoC: Choosing both would cancel them both out, Chrome. :thumbup: Just pick one, unless you wish to remain neutral. Unless that's not how the reputation system works... it's always confused me a little, to be honest.

cceaa68e-5a9f-4d59-a2d6-2d48c17a7c22_zpsb15f1222.jpg

"The Shadeaux are always happy to have more friends," says Samuel with a sly smile. He stops and points ahead.

"That's your place."

In the middle of the woods looms a brutal looking stone structure. Samuel nods to the heroes, and then begins his trek back to town. They are on their own now.

22815e23-fe26-4b81-8fe5-b829f4e24fb8_zpsf4a52351.jpg

"Do you think this is a sort of knock and ask for directions sort of situation, or what?"

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpg

"I will wait for your signal this time, Matthias," says Russel sincerely.

"I will wait for your signal this time, Matthias," says Russel sincerely.

The crab's words shake Matthias out of his reverie and the gnome shakes himself back to wakefulness. He realizes that Shawe is no longer with them and that the building in front of them must be the Armored Reaper's lair. "I think we might decide to just break this one down, Master Ruffers," he says, "but we should wait until the ladies make their decision."

Turning to Berthadhiell, the gnome yawns and asks, "What's the plan?"

"Do you think this is a sort of knock and ask for directions sort of situation, or what?"

What's the plan?"

"We should catch the Reaper by surprise, so alerting her by blowing things up might not be such a good idea." Purpearl inspects the stone structure, looking for an entry of some sort. While she's on it, her hand silently dips into her pouch for an Aquamarine, as a precaution.

"If we can't get through this to the Reaper, we will have to get her to come to us. She's supposed to meet Magnar here in R'kilf, isn't she? Perhaps we could give this stone a knock with his Axe(s)?"

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Matthias looks quizzically at the mage. "What did you have in mind? 'XX' might pass for Magnar at a distance if he had the axes, but I doubt we could fool the Armored broad up close. I don't even remember what Magnar sounded like."

"Maybe we could stake the place out and follow her to Chauncey and Master Bart?" the gnome adds doubtfully. "We might want to get out of sight in any case."

"More along the lines of... Armoured Reaper wouldn't come out unless we have her think that Magnar is actually here? I doubt anyone here can wield that huge axe effectively enough to attract her attention. Perhaps Alexis can give the stone a couple of knocks with the smaller axe, hopefully it's enough? But we have yet to find an entrance though. If not, we might have to go through the hard way, either by staking out or blowing the stone into bits."

"...we have yet to find an entrance..."

Now that the party has stopped moving, Matthias nearly falls asleep again. It's hard for him to focus on Purpearl's words, but a few words spark him, and he joins Berthadhiell in examining their surroundings, looking at the structure in front of them for any clue to its purpose, its builder, its occupants (if any), and its entrance. He also looks around to see if there are any obvious paths or trails or objects lying nearby. "Does anyone see anything useful?" "What about you two?"

Edited by StickFig

The heroes walk around the perimeter of the structure, trying to find some sort of entrance, or, failing that, thinking up some way to draw the Armored Reaper outside.

Matthias addresses Pigley and Russel, asking them if they have any bright ideas, but he gets in response only faces of horror. He turns to see what has scared them, and comes face to face with a skull.

IMG_2168_zpsc930ae84.jpg

"Where are you going?" asks the skull, and then it hisses out some laughter.

Matthias stumbles back in surprise, and twists around to see two other skeletons joining his attacker.

OoC: There are some images that I thought I transferred from my camera that I apparently did not. 107 has been affected for the last week or so as well. I'm very sorry about it. I'm going home in less than a week for the weekend, so I will be able to upload them and add them retroactively then!

Matthias not encouraged (roll of 6)

The Enemies

IMG_2169_zpsd987543c.jpg

Zoot’s Skeleton Guard

Level 24 Darkness Undead *Immune to Darkness, Confused, Stunned, Sealed and Jinxed *

Health: 360/360

Special:
Soul Sap
- Drains half of player’s remaining ether.

Passive Special:
Ether Drain
- Drains ether from each party member at the end of each round in an amount related to the round number.

Drops: Zoot's Cookie x2

IMG_2167_zpscc535a5e.jpg

Hel’s Skeleton Guard

Level 41 Icy Undead *Immune to Ice, Weakened, Blinded, and Instant Kill*

Health: 270/270

Special:
Helvetia's Breath
- Saps the heroes health until they have 1 health left. If any allies are dead, raises them with an equal amount of health.

Drops: Opal

IMG_2168_zpsc930ae84.jpg

Regret’s Skeleton Guard

Level ?? Ancient *Immune to Negative Effects and Instant Kill*

Health: 310/310

Special:
Regret
- Dooms the hero, and copies all positive effects.

Drops: Regret's Cape (Backwear, grants immunity to first negative effect afflicted each battle)

NOTE: The Regret's level is equal to the attacking hero x2.

The Party

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Party Leader)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 46.2

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
74/74

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Steel
fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental)
Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges)
, Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide (Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear), Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 2 Somas, 5x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 6x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
), Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Magnar's Smaller Axe (Grants User Dual-Strike, User Cannot Wield a Shield, Handwear), Nostrum x2, Town Watch Halberd (WP: 6), Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow)

XX

Level 34.25 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed*

Health:
50/50

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
XX Hand Cannon (WP: 12, Ignores SP), XX Am
mo Belts (As an
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental),
Phoenix Essence, Mead x3, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x2, Fire Bombs (3), Ice Bombs (3), Lightning Bombs (3), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom (x5), Nostrum

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 31

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
53/53

Ether:
28/36

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword),
Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to Fragile, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed),
White Cloak (Max. HP +3, back wear)

Inventory:
Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental),
Mourning Star (WP: 10, Inflicts Fragile, Fire-Elemental),
Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe)
Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),
Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Immunity to Ice and Water, Bodywear, Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors)
Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; body wear)

Topaz

No Scrolls

Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (4), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (4), Smelling Salts, x2
Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow)

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)
*Party Leader*

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 15

Power:

Health:
23/23

Ether:
18/21

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Remedy (x2), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and -3 poisoned to all foes), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 14.5 Ranger *Blessed*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 19/19

Gold
: 104

Equipment
:
Peashooter (WP: 2, deals the burning by 2 effect),
Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers),

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle),
Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects),
Grating Stone, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Ball and Chain
(Chain, WP: 4), Staff (WP: 4), Elixir, Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), 2x Red Death Blood (When applied to weapon Doomed is dealt on the first blow), Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Remedy

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 20.66 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed*

Power Bonus: 4

Health: 33/33

Defense: 4

Gold: 241

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact)
, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11), Venom, Smelling Salt

OoC: As I said in the other threads, now that I'm back at school weekends will probably be a busy time for me (I was on set yesterday from 3 PM to 3 AM, and am back in today at 2 PM), so please bear with me!

Matthias not encouraged (roll of 6)

Wouldn't a roll of 6 be the positive outcome?

OoC: As I said in the other threads, now that I'm back at school weekends will probably be a busy time for me (I was on set yesterday from 3 PM to 3 AM, and am back in today at 2 PM), so please bear with me!

No problem! Real life comes first.

Startled, Matthias loses his Dapper Hat but the jolt of adrenaline wakes him up for the fight. Pulling on his borrowed Quickdraw Quiver, the ranger attacks Zoot's Guard, yelling to the others, "Master Pigley, can you two blind this one and help Lady Purpearl with the one in the cape?

Suggested Battle Order

> Matthias: Change Dapper Hat for Quickdraw Quiver

> Ruffers & Pigley: Crabspirator vs. Zoot

> Matthias: Peashooter vs. Zoot

Alexis: Cat-o-Nine-Tails vs. Zoot

> 'XX': XX Cannon vs. Hel

> Ruffers & Pigley: Crabspirator vs. Regret

> Purpearl: Spell (Magical Staff) vs. Regret

Nerwen: Heal vs. lowest health party member OR Mourning Star vs. Hel

"Huh, haven't seen undead in a LONG time." Apparently elves are capable of sarcasm. Alexis swings her whip at Zoot from the front row.

Figuring they've probably given themselves away by lurking around in enemies' territory, Purpearl comes straight to the point, "Why are you here and where's the armoured reaper?"

Battle Order

Nerwen

>XX - XX Hand Cannon vs. Hel

>Purpearl - Magical Staff, Ruby vs. Regret

>Matthias - Dapper Hat for Quickdraw Quiver

>Matthias - Peashooter vs. Zoot

>Russel - Rebel's Sword vs. Zoot

Alexis - Whip vs. Zoot

>Russel - Crabspirator vs. Regret

>Russel - Rebel's Sword vs. Zoot

The reason I thought Russel should attack the Zoot was to blind it, protecting Matthias and anyone else who attacked that skeleton... but having him use the Rebel's Sword and go after Matthias means that protection goes away. :sceptic: I suppose my battle style is just more cautious hahaha. :grin:

Also, with fewer enemies than members of the party, there's no reason for Nerwen to go first - it takes away her option to be a healer until the following rounds.

Nerwen blinked. It was rare for her to be distracted but a train of thought had led from the Hinckwells to minstrels to the battered wooden flute at the bottom of her satchel, a present from Lenwë and the key to a flood of memories, interrupted by the appearance of the undead.

She shook loose the chain of the mourning star and swung it.

Nerwen v. Hel's guard - mourning star

Edited by Chromeknight

OoC: In this game, low dice rolls yield good effects (shields are listed next to "1"). I have also added SP to the enemies wearing armor, for reasons such as they are wearing armor. Sorry, I generally don't tweak mid-battle but because it is the beginning of the battle I don't feel too badly about it.

IMG_2168_zpsc930ae84.jpg

"We are defenders of the Armored Reaper."

IMG_2169_zpsd987543c.jpg

"We live to serve. She is not expecting guests."

IMG_2168_zpsc930ae84.jpg

"You are the first intruders we have needed to face. We'll dispatch of you quickly."

IMG_2167_zpscc535a5e.jpg

"She will be proud."

Russel looks back and forth between Purpearl and Matthias, and eventually draws Crabspirator, honoring Matthias' wishes.

Armored Reaper's Doorstep Battle Round One

Nerwen v. Hel's Guard - Special Damage (Nerwen at 1 health)

>XX (Military Grade Fire Bomb) v. Hel's Guard - Shield (Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb: 5+12+34=52 Ice Damage [No Effect Hel's], 52 Water Damage, 52 Air Damage)

>Purpearl v. Regret's Guard - Hit (30 Damage, -1 ether)

>Matthias switches Dapper Hat for Quickdraw Quiver

>Matthias v. Zoot's Guard - Shield (17 Damage each, burning -2)

>Russel (Crabspirator) v. Zoot's Guard - Special Damage (No Effect)

Alexis v. Zoot's Guard - Damage (24 Damage)

>Russel v. Regret's Guard - Hit (40 Damage)

Zoot and Hel Burned

Nerwen and Alexis Blessed

Nerwen and Purpearl lose 1 ether

The battle begins savagely. Hel's Guard inhales, drawing the breath from Nerwen's body. XX steps forward and fires off three powerful explosions in a row, filling the area with shrapnel and smoke. When it clears, the skeletons are tattered, stumbling to their feet. Purpearl and Matthias capitalize on the situation, letting loose their own furious attacks. Russel charges forward and stabs at one of the skeletons. Alexis is dealt a jab in the stomach by the tip of the spear, and her skin splits open.

The Enemies

IMG_2169_zpsd987543c.jpg

Zoot’s Skeleton Guard

Level 24 Darkness Undead *Immune to Darkness, Confused, Stunned, Sealed and Jinxed* *Burning -2*

Health: 201/360

SP: 4

Special:
Soul Sap
- Drains half of player’s remaining ether.

Passive Special:
Ether Drain
- Drains ether from each party member at the end of each round in an amount related to the round number.

Drops: Zoot's Cookie x2

IMG_2167_zpscc535a5e.jpg

Hel’s Skeleton Guard

Level 41 Icy Undead *Immune to Ice, Weakened, Blinded, and Instant Kill* *Burning -2*

Health: 153/270

SP: 2

Special:
Helvetia's Breath
- Saps the heroes health until they have 1 health left. If any allies are dead, raises them with an equal amount of health.

Drops: Opal

IMG_2168_zpsc930ae84.jpg

Regret’s Skeleton Guard

Level ?? Ancient *Immune to Negative Effects and Instant Kill*

Health: 67/310

Special:
Regret
- Dooms the hero, and copies all positive effects.

Drops: Regret's Cape (Backwear, grants immunity to first negative effect afflicted each battle)

NOTE: The Regret's level is equal to the attacking hero x2.

The Party

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Party Leader)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 46.2

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
53/74

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Steel
fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental)
Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges)
, Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide (Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear), Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 2 Somas, 5x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 6x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
), Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Magnar's Smaller Axe (Grants User Dual-Strike, User Cannot Wield a Shield, Handwear), Nostrum x2, Town Watch Halberd (WP: 6), Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow)

XX

Level 34.25 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed*

Health:
50/50

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
XX Hand Cannon (WP: 12, Ignores SP), XX Am
mo Belts (As an
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental),
Phoenix Essence, Mead x3, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x2, Fire Bombs (3), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (3), Water Bombs (9), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bomb, Venom (x5), Nostrum

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 31

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
4/53

Ether:
27/36

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword),
Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to Fragile, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed),
White Cloak (Max. HP +3, back wear)

Inventory:
Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental),
Mourning Star (WP: 10, Inflicts Fragile, Fire-Elemental),
Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe)
Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),
Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Immunity to Ice and Water, Bodywear, Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors)
Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; body wear)

Topaz

No Scrolls

Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (4), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (4), Smelling Salts, x2
Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow)

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)
*Party Leader*

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 15

Power:

Health:
23/23

Ether:
16/21

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Remedy (x2), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and -3 poisoned to all foes), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 14.5 Ranger *Blessed* *Hastened*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 19/19

Gold
: 104

Equipment
:
Peashooter (WP: 2, deals the burning by 2 effect),
Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers),

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle),
Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects),
Grating Stone, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Ball and Chain
(Chain, WP: 4), Staff (WP: 4), Elixir, Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), 2x Red Death Blood (When applied to weapon Doomed is dealt on the first blow), Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Remedy

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 20.66 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed*

Power Bonus: 4

Health: 33/33

Defense: 4

Gold: 241

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact)
, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11), Venom, Smelling Salt

OoC: In this game, low dice rolls yield good effects (shields are listed next to "1").

Every time I think I know what's going on, I forget it again hahaha. *huh*

Russel looks back and forth between Purpearl and Matthias, and eventually draws Crabspirator, honoring Matthias' wishes.

>Russel (Crabspirator) v. Zoot's Guard - Special Damage (No Effect)

And in the end, it didn't matter anyway. :grin:

Matthias notices Ruffer's confusion just a moment to late to intervene; thankfully the crab suffers no ill effects. "Follow the elf's directions next time," he says to the crab, "it's her plan and I'm too worn down to think quickly any more." With that, he attacks the Zoot's Guard twice.

Suggested Battle Order

> 'XX': XX Cannon vs. Hel

Alexis: Death's Whip vs. Hel

> Purpearl: Ruby (Magical Staff) vs. Regret

Ruffers & Pigley: Crabspirator vs. Regret

Ruffers & Pigley: Crabspirator vs. Regret

Nerwen: Heal vs. Nerwen

Purpearl wonders if she should be relieved that the Zoot Guard's attack isn't effective against Russel or disappointed that Russel's Crabspirator probably isn't effective against the Zoot Guard.

With that, he attacks the Zoot's Guard twice.

"Might want to hit it the first time and see how it goes, Matthias."

Battle Order

>XX - XX Hand Cannon vs. Hel

>Russel - Crabspirator vs. Regret

>Purpearl - Magical Staff, Ruby vs. Regret

>Russel - Rebel's Sword vs. Regret

Alexis -

Nerwen -