Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#102: Debts

"Where's Aventine, Magnar Maggot?"

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"I wouldn't tell you even if I knew, southern whore. He's with Chauncey, and Chauncey didn't tell us where he's going. He went with the Orc and M in one direction, sent Armored Reaper and me with the fairy in the other direction. You'll never f*cking find them."

Master Ecksecks, since the foe will take extra damage from your dagger, it is effectively more powerful than your cannon. I know you enjoy blowing things up and have had limited chance to so far, but why waste bombs when your blade does it better?

22815e23-fe26-4b81-8fe5-b829f4e24fb8_zpsf4a52351.jpg

"Fine, but from now on, if I'm using the dagger, it's from up close and personal. I'm done with the sissy swipes from the back."

Battle by Moonlight Round Two

>Purpearl uses Scroll of Sealing - Failure (Roll of 6, -1 ether)

>Matthias does nothing

>Russell & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect, Blinded)

Nerwen v. Magnar - Special Damage (Special Damage II: [28x2]-16=40 Damage Nerwen, Roll of 1, Shield Defends against damage, 28 Damage Alexis)

Alexis v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect, Blinded)

XX v. Magnar - Chrysopoeia (+46 Gold)

>Russell & Sir Pigley do nothing

Matthias, Russel & Pigley, Nerwen and Alexis all regain 3 health

Russel & Pigley lose 3 health due to bleeding

Magnar still proves quite a threat, swinging wildly at the heroes. XX, Alexis, and Russel all try to dart in, but find themselves unable to get through the axes. He then goes on the attack, madly hacking at the air and dealing a near fatal blow to both Nerwen and Alexis. The medals glow, confirming for the heroes that, somewhere, Aventine is still alive.

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Magnar the Barely-Bearded Bearded-Nord

Level ?? Icy Humanoid *Blinded (2 Rounds)*

Health: 909/1100

Special I: A Hairy Situation – Magnar entangles the hero in his not-too-glorious beard, causing them to be Bound and Slowed until Magnar is defeated.

Special II: Smaller Axe - Magnar deals two hits - one to the hero targeting him (damage = x2 the targeting hero's level), and one to the hero below them in the battle order (damage = x1 the targeting hero's level).

Passive Special I: Bloody
Mary
Magnar - Free hits/rolls of damage deal with bleeding by 3 effect.

Drops: Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), Nordic Chest Plate, Magnar's Smaller Axe

Note: Magnar’s level is equal to hero’s level x1.5. Specials decided by a dice roll.

The Heroes

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)
*Party Leader*

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 4 Bonus)

Ether:
14/17
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 2 Bonus)

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Steel fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide
(Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear),
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Remedy, 2 Somas, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 4x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
),
Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

XX

Level 32.5 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed*

Health:
48/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
XX Hand Cannon (WP: 12, Ignores SP), XX Ammo Belts (As an
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental), Phoenix Essence, Mead x2, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x2, Bomb XXX (Causes 250 damage to all enemies and 50 to all allies), Smoke Bomb, Fire Bombs (4), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (4), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to
Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
45/47

Ether:
29/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword), Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to
Fragile
, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Mourning Star (WP: 10;
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),

Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; bodywear), White Cloak (Max HP +3; backwear)

Topaz

No Scrolls

Phoenix Essence, Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (3), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 11 Ranger *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 11/16

Gold
: 68

Equipment
: Fireball Extraordinaire (Hand Cannon, WP:5, also hits enemies listed above and below target, user is
Slowed
), Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grand Potion, Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 17.5 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed* *Bleeding -3*

Power: 37

Health: 18/31

Defense: 4

Gold: 291

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11)
Edited by Zepher

Battle by Moonlight Round Two

Failure

does nothing

Damage

Special Damage

Damage

do nothing

Ouch! We need a dice change or a luck change or something.... :oh3::wall:

I suggest 'XX' shoots his cannon if he attacks again, since putting him in the front row will get him killed. However, we need to do some healing first, or he'll knock us out too. Nerwen can heal herself is actually good to go, Alexis might want to use a potion and Matthias will use one on RR&SP. We can actually not even attack this round, since the free hits are negated by Blinded....

Matthias, feeling slightly better, winces as Calmcacil and Fenral take a pair of hits. The gnome calls to 'XX', "I agree, why carry that gonne around if you aren't going to use it?!" Moving up behind Ruffers and Pigley, he administers a Grand Potion.

> Matthias: Grand Potion on Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Edited by nstickney

"I wouldn't tell you even if I knew, southern whore. He's with Chauncey, and Chauncey didn't tell us where he's going. He went with the Orc and M in one direction, sent Armored Reaper and me with the fairy in the other direction. You'll never f*cking find them."

"Heh. Liar. You took Aventine with you and handed him to Lord Chauncey. Hence, you were there when Lord Chauncey gave further instructions, so you should have at least some idea which general direction he's heading towards. Unless, of course, you are nothing more than a pawn, a pawn that follows orders blindly. What a pity, such a strong warrior like yourself, you should be indispensible to the whole operation. Not someone else's guard dog. Now that your very own pet Evel is no more, someone needs to replace him as the Fairy's new best friend. Perhaps you should rename yourself Magnar Maggot Maddog. Woof. Woof."

Battle Order

>Purpearl - Scroll of Sealing

>Matthias - Grand Potion Russel & Sir Pigley

>Russel & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator?

Nerwen - Mourning Star

Alexis - Steel Fan

>XX - XX Handcannon?

>Russel & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator?

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Did you roll for special guard? Did you roll for my shield?

If yes to both, thanks, but it'd be good to note it in round report. If no, please do!

If Nerwen is still hurt she heals herself

Otherwise she uses the mourning star again.

OoC: I rolled for neither, thank you! The Special Guard kicked in, but that only defends, according to the description, against negative effects. Luckily, your shield ALSO kicked in, so you are not damaged, though Alexis still was!

"Heh. Liar. You took Aventine with you and handed him to Lord Chauncey. Hence, you were there when Lord Chauncey gave further instructions, so you should have at least some idea which general direction he's heading towards. Unless, of course, you are nothing more than a pawn, a pawn that follows orders blindly. What a pity, such a strong warrior like yourself, you should be indispensible to the whole operation. Not someone else's guard dog. Now that your very own pet Evel is no more, someone needs to replace him as the Fairy's new best friend. Perhaps you should rename yourself Magnar Maggot Maddog. Woof. Woof."

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

"You know nothing of the Bearded Nords, hero," spits Magnar. "You imagine you can insult me by calling me a f*cking pawn, when really, I don't give a sh*t where I stand in this Chauncey assh*les plans. I'm not here to impress him or impress you, I'm here to break some bones or get some broken, whatever Helvetia decides I deserve. So, sure, I don't know where they went, but who cares about that cr*p?"

"And Evel wasn't no pet of mine. Some disgraced Wolfgang pup. He was a coward, relied on his damn wolves. Don't compare him to me."

Battle by Moonlight Round Three

>Purpearl uses Scroll of Sealing on Magnar - Success (Roll of 2, -1 ether)

>Matthias uses a Grand Potion Russel & Sir Pigley (+25 Health)

>Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Special Damage (No Effect, Sealed)

Nerwen v. Magnar - Hit ([10+28]*2=76, Fragile)

Alexis v. Magnar - Satisfy (Multiplier for Magnar's level now 1.125, Special Not Effected [since if he had a normal level, it wouldn't be])

>XX v. Magnar (Hand Cannon) - Craft Bomb (Bomb XX created)

>Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Special Damage (No Effect, Sealed)

Matthias, Nerwen and Alexis all regain 3 health

Magnar is further weakened through Alexis and Purpearl's efforts, who cause the lumbering Nord to have less of a swinging range and more tired arms. Russel and Pigley still can't make it in, but they are back to full health and trying as hard as they can, thanks to Matthias. Nerwen, on the other hand, does strike their foe, knocking his arm with her flail. It makes a satisfying crunching sound and the Nord cries out in pain.

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Level ?? Icy Humanoid *Blinded (1 Rounds)* *Sealed (3 Rounds)* *Fragile (3 Rounds)*

Health: 833/1100

Special I: A Hairy Situation – Magnar entangles the hero in his not-too-glorious beard, causing them to be Bound and Slowed until Magnar is defeated.

Special II: Smaller Axe - Magnar deals two hits - one to the hero targeting him (damage = x2 the targeting hero's level), and one to the hero below them in the battle order (damage = x1 the targeting hero's level).

Mary

Drops: Magnar’s Unreasonably Cruel Axe (WP: 12, Deals the Bleeding -3 Effect), Nordic Chest Plate, Magnar's Smaller Axe

Note: Magnar’s level is equal to hero’s level x1.25. Specials decided by a dice roll.

The Heroes

*Party Leader*

Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19

Ether:
13/17

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torso wear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion, Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded

Inventory:
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide
(Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear),
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Remedy, 2 Somas, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 4x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
),
Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

XX

Health:
48/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Alchemist
, XX can only receive rolls ending in "Bomb", excluding Bravado Brew and Explosion, as a Cannonner Bomb XX and Bomb XXX are added to possible creations), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental), Phoenix Essence, Mead x2, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x3, Bomb XXX (Causes 250 damage to all enemies and 50 to all allies), Smoke Bomb, Fire Bombs (4), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (4), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom

Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
47/47

Ether:
29/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword), Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to
Fragile
, bodywear), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Inventory:
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins),

Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed

Topaz

No Scrolls

Phoenix Essence, Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (3), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

Matthias

Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 14/16

Gold

Equipment
: Fireball Extraordinaire (Hand Cannon, WP:5, also hits enemies listed above and below target, user is
Slowed
Bound
and
Slowed

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Fang Dagger (WP: 4)

Level 17.5 Rogue *Hastened* *Blessed*

Health: 31/31

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Crab Shell Armor (Body Wear, +4 Max Health, 4 SP), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened, Not an Artifact), Blood Oath Medallion (Accessory, Blessed)

Edited by Zepher

"Alexis, I don't seem to remember liking you quite as much as I do," says XX with a grin, propping his cannon back up, preparing to fire again.

Matthias, shuddering as the medallion's power continues to knit his side back together, finds that his flesh is no longer falling off into his hands. Seizing the chance, he fires the Fireball at Magnar from the back.

> Matthias: Extraordinaire vs. Magnar

Edited by nstickney

Stroking her chin on purpose,

"Helvetia. I can see why it isn't Thoric."

Purpearl signals everyone forward.

Battle Order

>Purpearl - Magical Staff Darkness

>Matthias - Fireball

Russel & Sir Pigley - Crabspirator

Nerwen - Sword of the Warrior of the Light

XX - Dangerous Dagger

Alexis - Steel Fan

Battle by Moonlight Round Four

>Purpearl v. Magnar - Miss

>Matthias v. Magnar - Hit ([11+5+1]*2=34 Damage)

Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Hit ([16+17]*2*2=132 Damage, Magnar Blinded 3 Rounds)

Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Special Damage (No Effect)

Nerwen v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect)

XX v. Magnar - Shield (Explosion, XX KO'd)

Alexis v. Magnar - Shield (Magnar poisoned, +1 gold)

Magnar loses 2 health to poison

Matthias and Alexis regain 3 health due to blessed

The battle continues. The healed and reenergized Russel and Matthias both attack and deal powerful blows. Unfortunately, XX, following Purpearl's orders to act as an alchemist once more, mixes some chemicals incorrectly as he lowers his gun and raises his pouch. Some gun powder drips out of his gun and ignites something in his chemical kit, and an explosion rocks the room, leaving him unconscious and the blind Magnar extremely confused.

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Level ?? Icy Humanoid *Blinded (3 Rounds)* *Sealed (2 Rounds)* *Fragile (2 Rounds)* *Poisoned -1*

Health: 667/1100

Mary

Note: Magnar’s level is equal to hero’s level x1.25. Specials decided by a dice roll.

The Heroes

*Party Leader*

Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19

Ether:
13/17

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:

Inventory:
wood

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
blinded

Inventory:
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
light
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
fragile
),

XX

Level 32.5 Cannoneer/Alchemist *Blessed* *KO'd*

Health:
0/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Alchemist

Inventory:
Dangerous Dagger (WP: 20, Fire-Elemental), Phoenix Essence, Mead x2, Ruby, Military Grade Fire Bomb x6, Bomb XX (Deals 30 Damage to all foes and 10 to all allies, ignoring row/SP) x3, Bomb XXX (Causes 250 damage to all enemies and 50 to all allies), Smoke Bomb, Fire Bombs (4), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (4), Water Bombs (10), Dirt Bombs (5), Air Bombs (2), Venom

Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
47/47

Ether:
29/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
Fragile

Inventory:
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
Blind
Light
and
Jinxed

Sealed

Topaz

No Scrolls

Matthias

Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 16/16

Gold

Equipment
Slowed
Bound
and
Slowed

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged

Edited by Zepher

>Matthias v. Magnar - Hit ([11+5]*2=32 Damage)

XX v. Magnar - Shield (Explosion, XX KO'd)

Matthias has power 17 (level 11 + WP 5 + power bonus 1) so he should have done 17*2=34 damage. As for XX, where does "Explosion" come from? Is that something specific to him? If we let him die can we have his stuff? :tongue:

Matthias doesn't notice at first that the explosion from the other cannon carrier wasn't a good thing. As he shares a celebratory look with Ruffers and Pigley, 'XX''s mangled body catches his eye. "Yikes!" he shouts to Berthadhiell and the other ladies. "We've got a man down!" With that, the gnome turns back to Magnar and unleashes his cannon.

OoC: Sorry, forgot the power bonus. As for Explosion, check the training room under "Alchemist".

As for Explosion, check the training room under "Alchemist".

:facepalm: For some reason I thought he was acting as a Cannoneer, not an Alchemist, so I didn't even look there. I'm an idiot, thanks! :thumbup:

Nerwen hears the boom then Matthias' yell.

I think it would be a bad idea to leave him down, I will restore him. But he has the party's only other pheonix essence, he can not be put in danger.

Nerwen - pheonix essence vs. XX

Purpearl repeats her attack from the back, determined to land a hit this time round.

Battle Order

>Purpearl - Magical Staff, Darkness

>Matthias - Fireball

Nerwen - Phoenix Essence on XX

XX - Dangerous Dagger

Alexis - Steel Fan

Nerwen helps XX to his feet.

"Thank," he says, coughing, apparently not a fan of the taste of a Phoenix Essence. "I owe you, but I'm not like Zane with it, always mumbling on and on about who he owes what and why, so if I forget to repay you... well, that's that, isn't it?" XX turns to the others. "Happens to the best of us, sorry to go off with such a bang."

Battle by Moonlight Round Five

>Purpearl v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect)

>Matthias v. Magnar - Hit (34 Damage)

Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect)

Russel & Sir Pigley v. Magnar - Damage (No Effect)

Nerwen uses Phoenix Essence on XX - XX raised

XX v. Magnar - Critical Hit ([20+32]*2*2=208)

Alexis v. Magnar - Critical Hit (([20*2]+44)*2=168)

Magnar loses 2 health to poisoned

Alexis regain 3 health from blessed

Matthias fires a shot, which, while knocking Magnar to the side, startles Pigley and Russel so much that their attacks can't quite land. Alexis and XX, on the other hand, take advantage of Magnar's confusion and both land powerful hits, whacking him back and forth between them.

The Enemy

IMG_2036_zpsfaa05ee6.jpg

Level ?? Icy Humanoid *Blinded (2 Rounds)* *Sealed (1 Rounds)* *Fragile (1 Rounds)* *Poisoned -1*

Health: 257/1100

Mary

The Heroes

*Party Leader*

Evasive
* *Blessed*

Level 11.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
19/19

Ether:
13/17

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:

Inventory:
wood

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
),
Opal
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

Scrolls:
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff)

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Blessed*

Level 44.8

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
blinded

Inventory:
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
light
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
fragile
),

XX

Health:
48/48

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Alchemist

Inventory:

Fragile* *Blessed*

Level 28.66

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
47/47

Ether:
29/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
Fragile

Inventory:
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
Blind
Light
and
Jinxed

Sealed

Topaz

No Scrolls

Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (3), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

Matthias

Bound
Slowed
* *Blessed*

Power Bonus

Defense

Health
: 16/16

Gold

Equipment
Slowed
Bound
and
Slowed

Inventory
Encouraged

Let us finish this.

Matthias, no longer suffering thanks to the medallion, nods agreement. A grim grin is graven on his gnomish gaze as he stuffs powder into the Fireball and fires at Magnar.