Sign in to follow this  
5150 Lego

Simpsons Lego Episode to air this Sunday on Fox Network

Forgive me if this has been posted but I didn't see anything recent. This Sunday the Fox network will be airing the Simpsons in full lego animation. More info here..

http://news.yahoo.com/lego-makeover-simpsons-gets-fresh-face-25-years-214106564--finance.html;_ylt=AwrTWfyPDGFTpEUA6VjQtDMD

Not sure if this will be airing overseas, but might be worth looking into. Have a great day everyone.

We have so many topic for this already, but I'll just add my two cents on the episode here. It was a cute episode. Better than majority of the new Simpsons episodes, at least from what I've seen. The animation was pretty good, the jokes got some chuckles, and I wasn't bored throughout it.

Not sure if this will be airing overseas, but might be worth looking into. Have a great day everyone.

It is counted as a regular episode in its list, I guess my country would get it.

I guess I didn't see any discussion about this episode? If something wrong I'd just remove this reply.

spoiler alert!

First of all the character design is alittle debatable. As physical minifigures TLG wanted to make them as real as the characters, but the cartoon version try to make them more like normal minifigures with exchangeable headpiece. I wish the actual minifigures could take have the advantages from both versions: making the cartoon version figures longer heads, real noses, and this would be perfect.

Plot part: the original part just began like TLM: a basement where a parent and a child share their brick interest. I guess some FOLs might not be happy to see Lisa's "dark age"--- she literally loses some interests in bricks temporarily and turns her attention to novels and movies. Lisa plays the role mostly because her elder brother doesn't play such kind of constructive thing. It's mostly due to the fact brick toy isn't a major part of Simpsons so it only exists in this episode instead of making Lisa go further (oh, but it would cost much more than raising a pony). But better than nothing, it at least reminds some parents that girls play bricks too and how they should support their kids' interests.

Maybe Lisa would be back to bricks again if Hu... I mean that Survival Games could be one of the new licensed theme, and I'd totally support this. Also this episode ironically introduces a new castle set and a Springfield Elementary set, which are both in FOLs' dream but not in LEGO's schedule. Not to mention those non-physical Simpsons characters. D'oh!!

Wish that this episode is for testing the targeted audience in order to make more sets. If it's merely a mini commercial ad for the single CMF series, it's just a totally wrong move for TLC.

Oh and weirdly, even though Millhouse plays more bricks than Bart in their real life, it looks like Bart deserves the Master Builder title more than him. :tongue:

Edited by Dorayaki

Saw it online, and it was OK, though I thought it was overhyped. Had no problem with the heads; as stated in the LEGO Simpsons thread, it gave the figs amore LEGOish look, as well as being simpler to animate. I think Lisa could have squeezed both events into her day, thus nullifying the conflict(I hope that was vague enough to not need spoiler tags). I wonder if what consequences there will be for TLG, whether in sales or other crossovers.

I think Lisa could have squeezed both events into her day, thus nullifying the conflict(I hope that was vague enough to not need spoiler tags). I wonder if what consequences there will be for TLG, whether in sales or other crossovers.
It is a pity that the plot writers just use the novel series as a pun to tease those particular female fans and audience, which isn't related to TLG at all. Generally licensed themes weren't considered and referred in this episode. Suppose that Lisa was actually reading Hobbit and went to its movie, she'd be very happy to see some LEGO Hobbit exhibitations, which is also a double win. Edited by Dorayaki

I watched it over the internet just, it was good, not to give away too much. A few laughs here and there, some good irony as well, overhyped but still good. I stopped watching Simpsons many years ago (I'm more of a Futurama fan), but I'll still tune in to Sky when it's aired along with the upcoming Futurama/Simpsons crossover at the end of this season/beginning of next, if it happens that is.

It was very good... as someone that has watched since Tracy Ullman, it's one of the better ones from the last few years.