KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

The brick built HB that was on Lego Ideas is by far the best HB I've seen... and you get to put Iron Man into the armour!

^^ I should make the effort to have a look - I almost never go on Lego ideas :blush:

^ I haven't been able to find the Doll figs on eBay or AliExpress and I'd like to get my hands on one of those Dark Phoenix'. Hopefully they'll show up soon or another/better brand will start making them.

I took the plunge recently and ordered a few different sets of the Iron Man line-ups. I dont know which company did what though. One set was the more recent Iron Man set with the Mark I. And then there was another line-up that had little builds (display type stands). I noticed the second set seem to be of lesser quality than the first. But I was surprised at how good the other set was (the new one with Mark I). Still not LEGO quality as far as I can tell, but definitely getting there.

But it didn't fool my daughter. She chose the official Iron Man figure to play with over the knock-offs. She's 5.

One set was the more recent Iron Man set with the Mark I.

Chances are those are the Decool minifigures

https://www.google.c...1b9e97f4e?hl=en

Fook Wing Street, cheapest in hong kong

Welcome aboard digger! Been a huge fan of your vids!

Cheers - I most certainly do... https://www.flickr.c...s/99344497@N07/

Thanks, I added you on flickr!

@Jangosolo and agoodfella imho those brick-built Hulk busters are miles better than the bootleg versions :thumbup:. I think it was in this topic that I read the bootleg HBs were based on the Lego Super Heroes Video game (?) even so, I find it too non-Lego-ish. My son owns this which I think it would complement nicely - surely we don't need bootleg Mega Bloks :laugh: ?

Thanks man, I love my brick-build HBs as well, they were def. fun to build.

Edited by agoodfella

This is my MOC Hulkbuster using parts from 2 Kai Fire Mech sets. I'm planning to do Jangosolo's version but I don't know the parts he used (maybe he can post part list and building instructions).

hulkbuster_mk_2___1_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy2z5.jpg

hulkbuster_mk_2___2_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy34c.jpg

hulkbuster_mk_2___3_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy390.jpg

hulkbuster_mk_2___4_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy3e7.jpg

hulkbuster_mk_2___6_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy3no.jpg

hulkbuster_mk_2___5_by_jokerjester_campos-d6vy3j0.jpg

two_to_tango_by_jokerjester_campos-d7kvecn.png

This is my MOC Hulkbuster using parts from 2 Kai Fire Mech sets. I'm planning to do Jangosolo's version but I don't know the parts he used (maybe he can post part list and building instructions).

Some Great photos, sorry I haven't got instructions or a parts list. I just worked out and refined the figure from various photots. When I get some time time, I'll try and do some breakdowns via Flickr on one of them

@Jangosolo and agoodfella imho those brick-built Hulk busters are miles better than the bootleg versions :thumbup:. I think it was in this topic that I read the bootleg HBs were based on the Lego Super Heroes Video game (?) even so, I find it too non-Lego-ish. My son owns this which I think it would complement nicely - surely we don't need bootleg Mega Bloks :laugh: ?

Cheers, they are much more fun too! Like big action figures and posable too. I've refined the design quite a bit to improve the durability (tested by my six year old!)

Lego is ace.

Edited by jangosolo

Nice Hulkbuster build. I supported it on Lego Ideas.

Have you considered changing the thumb to face forward more like BaronSat's sentinel?

Sentinel-Wolverine-02.jpg

I think it would improve the look and functionality of the 'thumb'

Just my 2 cents. Still an awesome build.

-Kid

Back on topic, has anyone noted any release trends for DeCool - from when figures announced in the leaflet to when they appear? I am presuming the GOTG are next to be on sale?

The League of Legends figures are on AliExpress. I have not seen the GOTG figures anywhere yet :sceptic:

Nice Hulkbuster build. I supported it on Lego Ideas.

Have you considered changing the thumb to face forward more like BaronSat's sentinel?

Sentinel-Wolverine-02.jpg

I think it would improve the look and functionality of the 'thumb'

Just my 2 cents. Still an awesome build.

-Kid

I'll search for that lego piece so that i can have the thumb face forward. My initial plan is to just utilize parts from just 2 kai fire mech kits. But if I stumble across these part ill integrate it in my design.

Also, got any ideas to improve the shoulder armor?

Edited by jokerjester

I'll search for that lego piece so that i can have the thumb face forward. My initial plan is to just utilize parts from just 2 kai fire mech kits. But if I stumble across these part ill integrate it in my design.

Also, got any ideas to improve the shoulder armor?

Let's take this one off line. Message or e-mail me and I would be happy to give you some ideas.

Sheng Yuan doing Zur En Arrh is an absolute result!

Come on, boys... Don't let me down!!

And is it just me or does the one with the Batwing look like the previous SDCC Batman?

Oh boy, SY Zur-En-Arrh!!! GIMME THAT NOW!!!

Where did you find that wilson3a10?

Edited by KCMatze

Not trying to ruin anybody's happiness, but we still have yet to get the X-jet set from Sheng Yuan. :sceptic: Also the batwing batman does look like the SDCC batman. Damnit Decool now there is no excuses why we shouldn't get the Red jumpsuit variant of rocket and the collector. >:(

The League of Legends figures are on AliExpress. I have not seen the GOTG figures anywhere yet :sceptic:

Give it less than a week, I'm waiting patiently to buy that wave and the new Dark Souls 2 DLC :classic::sweet:

Noticed these "Cool Running" game figures by Bozhi. Digger did a review of them. He reckons that after Decool and Sheng Yuan they are amongst the better brands out there. As he noted they look handy for making some superhero characters - the heads are ghastly but the hair and some of the bodies are quite unique and pretty cool. These aren't bootleg copies of lego or brand name superheroes but are manufactured by a rip off brand so this kind belongs here. They have a more Cosplay / anime feel (maybe exoforce?) than superhero but they could really add something to a custom minifig:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Parkour-Figures-5pcs-lot-Building-Blocks-Sets-Model-Educational-Classic-DIY-Bricks-Toy-For-Children/518094_1959808108.html

The Bozhi figures I have actually aren't compatible with Lego as the torso mould is really thick and you can't attach Lego, SY or Decool legs to them.

Just a little bit of caution needed there.

Oh boy, SY Zur-En-Arrh!!! GIMME THAT NOW!!!

Where did you find that wilson3a10?

The pic is from Taobao.

wilson3a10 erased the store name (why?)

I have the link if you want.

Available this month.

Edited by Sebiron

The pic is from Taobao.

wilson3a10 erased the store name (why?)

I have the link if you want.

Available this month.

Yeees! Please..... :blush: