KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I see another Big Hero 6 set hit Ali, this time with a proper Baymax. The pics look computer gen'd.. any one hear anything about his set? The images look promising

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-movie-Big-Hero-6-baby-toy-Building-Bloks-Sets-Model-Toys-Minifigures-Brick-Toys/32470399590.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7%2Csearchweb201527_4_71_72_73_74_75%2Csearchweb201560_4&spm=2114.030010108.3.131.oeCWTU

I see another Big Hero 6 set hit Ali, this time with a proper Baymax. The pics look computer gen'd.. any one hear anything about his set? The images look promising

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-movie-Big-Hero-6-baby-toy-Building-Bloks-Sets-Model-Toys-Minifigures-Brick-Toys/32470399590.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7%2Csearchweb201527_4_71_72_73_74_75%2Csearchweb201560_4&spm=2114.030010108.3.131.oeCWTU

they do look promising. I want Fred!

http://www.aliexpres...08.3.131.oeCWTU

They do look decent, though it looks to me that they've purposely enlarged the baymax figures on the render so they look bigger, but will actually be same size! I bought the Kreo version of Baymax after seeing a similar pic, the figure was ok, but nowhere near as big as I hoped, in fact was same height as the rest!

I am looking at the pic wondering if its possibly the same size as those bigfig torch minifigs, which would work for me, but I don't think so...

They do look decent, though it looks to me that they've purposely enlarged the baymax figures on the render so they look bigger, but will actually be same size! I bought the Kreo version of Baymax after seeing a similar pic, the figure was ok, but nowhere near as big as I hoped, in fact was same height as the rest!

I am looking at the pic wondering if its possibly the same size as those bigfig torch minifigs, which would work for me, but I don't think so...

They'll be the same size as regular minifigs

Interesting article that hit Reuters (not sure where else this belongs, but it does include an interesting snippet about LEGO building a factory in China and that most of their production will likely be sourced from there in the future) -- wonder what impact this will have for bootleggers? In other words, I wonder if there was some kind of "quid pro quo" between TLG and China that if TLG sets up massive factories there that China will agree to clamp down on bootleggers? Just speculation on my part:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/20/us-lego-christmas-idUSKCN0SE28A20151020

Interesting article that hit Reuters (not sure where else this belongs, but it does include an interesting snippet about LEGO building a factory in China and that most of their production will likely be sourced from there in the future) -- wonder what impact this will have for bootleggers? In other words, I wonder if there was some kind of "quid pro quo" between TLG and China that if TLG sets up massive factories there that China will agree to clamp down on bootleggers? Just speculation on my part:

http://www.reuters.c...N0SE28A20151020

Asia is one of Lego's biggest growth markets, so bootlegs can't be doing them much harm.

I wonder how many people actually start buying Lego after cutting their teeth on bootlegs. They may actually help.

Asia is one of Lego's biggest growth markets, so bootlegs can't be doing them much harm.

I wonder how many people actually start buying Lego after cutting their teeth on bootlegs. They may actually help.

That's been pretty much my take on the whole situation. There are counterfeit goods sold around the world. I don't actually buy that for real premium products (like Louis Vuitton, Rolex, etc.) that knock-offs represent a huge loss to the luxury market. On the contrary, there are plenty of people who do aspire to own the real deal once they have enough disposable income.

Imitation is the the sincerest form of flattery and I don't think that its a huge issue for TLG.

Count me +1 :laugh:

They bring me back to Lego and brick collecting.

I don't think the graphs are telling the truth

Actually these figures are very similar to the renders.

post-128067-0-67104100-1445443957_thumb.jpgpost-128067-0-45120300-1445443989_thumb.jpgpost-128067-0-17157000-1445443999_thumb.jpgpost-128067-0-39965900-1445444032_thumb.jpg

Edited by drazplaz

The only way they're going to convince me to buy Scooby Doo bootlegs is if they give us monsters that Lego didn't.