Sign in to follow this  
Bkrosell

[SoNE Episode IV] Sector D:Narrow escape

It was time to move on Sullust. Many rebellion spies had been captured and stuffed in the prison along with even more soldiers. A month earlier we put a man on the inside, or a woman rather. One of my closest friends, Marian, volunteered for the job. We were then given the task of evacuating the prisoners on the same level as Marian. We were given a good number of small and large cargo ships, my team received a smaller one, which made sense considering we were to gather up any stragglers left behind. Not many of the ones we found made it on the ship alive, among the dead was one of Marian's friends. It was a struggle to get her on the ship, we barely made it out ourselves because a massive wave of storm troopers had just exited the building. It was truly a narrow escape.

SoNE%2BE51.jpg

SoNE%2BE52.jpg

An unusual looking ship, but the squat pod shape does look like a SW ship. It's also really interesting seeing everyone has a different technique for lava :classic:.

Great looking ship, ideal for the job at hand! I would've liked to see a few more close up shots of the action.

:thumbup:

K

Great looking ship, ideal for the job at hand! I would've liked to see a few more close up shots of the action.

:thumbup:

K

I see you want some close ups, can I still do that after the episode ended?

That is indeed one fine looking ship! Into my unexperienced eyes, that ship looks very Sullustan. And that thrown together makes it definetly Rebel. I like the practical boxed shape, although a tiny bit more detail would be even nicer. Some kind of antenna's or stabilizing fins... That would make the ship still look very practical due to its shape, while making it visually a little bit more interesting, and making it look more used. Also, making it less colorful, like with getting rid of that very light grey parts would enhance it some more, I think. But still it's a nice ship, and I like the use of red and blue in it.

The base might be a bit simplistic. It's good your lava isn't monochrome and that you tried to give it some texture with those extra tiles, but it would be nice if you took these idea a little bit further. Adding in some browns, dark red, some orange... and varying between studded and tiles, making more layers, like dark crusts floating on it, or some rocks peeking through the lava... This would be especially nice in the immeadiate environment of the platform. Now it just seems to be kind of floating, and isn't connected to any visible piece of solid land. Making some kind of cennection to the base would be better as well. It's good that you gave the platform that hexagonal shape, and I'm quite fond of all the little barrels etc you placed there. But once again, some more variation would do it good. Maybe some markings on the landing pad, maybe some railings...

Still, I like your scene. there's quite some suspense with those Rebels fleeing away from the blaster shots, in the hope of still reaching safety. that with all those beams racing around. To intensify it, maybe creating a greater distance between the Imps and the Rebs would help, because now it's rather hard to believe they don't hit their targets... it would create some more assymetry as well, and would give the chance to add in even more variety in all sorts of details.

That is indeed one fine looking ship! Into my unexperienced eyes, that ship looks very Sullustan. And that thrown together makes it definetly Rebel. I like the practical boxed shape, although a tiny bit more detail would be even nicer. Some kind of antenna's or stabilizing fins... That would make the ship still look very practical due to its shape, while making it visually a little bit more interesting, and making it look more used. Also, making it less colorful, like with getting rid of that very light grey parts would enhance it some more, I think. But still it's a nice ship, and I like the use of red and blue in it.

The base might be a bit simplistic. It's good your lava isn't monochrome and that you tried to give it some texture with those extra tiles, but it would be nice if you took these idea a little bit further. Adding in some browns, dark red, some orange... and varying between studded and tiles, making more layers, like dark crusts floating on it, or some rocks peeking through the lava... This would be especially nice in the immeadiate environment of the platform. Now it just seems to be kind of floating, and isn't connected to any visible piece of solid land. Making some kind of cennection to the base would be better as well. It's good that you gave the platform that hexagonal shape, and I'm quite fond of all the little barrels etc you placed there. But once again, some more variation would do it good. Maybe some markings on the landing pad, maybe some railings...

Still, I like your scene. there's quite some suspense with those Rebels fleeing away from the blaster shots, in the hope of still reaching safety. that with all those beams racing around. To intensify it, maybe creating a greater distance between the Imps and the Rebs would help, because now it's rather hard to believe they don't hit their targets... it would create some more assymetry as well, and would give the chance to add in even more variety in all sorts of details.

I get what your saying about the lava, but the worst thing happened to me...I ran out of pieces.

Although I just didn't think of adding rocks, that would have been nice. Thanks for your input.

Edited by Bkrosell