Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

So given that I recently saw a pedestrian crossing piece, of which I am having a hard time finding the leaked pictures of, I have come up with some other road plate packs. 

• Race Course Road Plate Pack - City seems to have been catering a lot to car enthusiasts recently, especially the racing world. So.....I think a race course pack could do good, especially with all the car enthusiast based sets we've been getting.
  • Parking Lot Road Plate Pack - As there are also a lot of vehicles in the City theme - for obvious reasons, I've been thinking that a parking lot road plate pack would also be good. Of course, we got some symblance of parking spaces with the hospital and grocery store sets. But I don't think it would hurt to see one of those come standalone. It can even include a handicapped parking space. Get a few of those road plate packs and you've got a full blown area where all of the vehicles in your Lego box can park.
  • Bus Lane Road Plate Pack - As a former bus driver, I have seen something called bus lanes down here in the DMV. These lanes have special traffic lights that alert you when the buses have the right of way and only buses are allowed to travel in those lanes. Perhaps we can implement something like that in the City theme with road plated that say "BUSES ONLY" and special bus right-of-way traffic lights. 
  • Airport Runway Road Plate Pack - Ok! So maybe this is one of those that builders can just do on their own. But it wouldn't hurt to see one of these be in City. Maybe there could be a gag of one of the plates saying "Plane Xing". 
  • Dirt and Gravel Road Plate Pack - The various wildlife and farm sets in City actually give off dirt road vibes. So why not one of those? 
  • Solid Yellow Lines Pack - I'm surprised this wasn't in there. Could be used to connect two road plated side by side to make double lanes coming and going. 

So those are my ideas for road plates. 

Edited by Poodabricks

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:
  • Parking Lot Road Plate Pack - As there are also a lot of vehicles in the City theme - for obvious reasons, I've been thinking that a parking lot road plate pack would also be good. Of course, we got some symblance of parking spaces with the hospital and grocery store sets. But I don't think it would hurt to see one of those come standalone. It can even include a handicapped parking space. Get a few of those road plate packs and you've got a full blown area where all of the vehicles in your Lego box can park.
  • Bus Lane Road Plate Pack - As a former bus driver, I have seen something called bus lanes down here in the DMV. These lanes have special traffic lights that alert you when the buses have the right of way and only buses are allowed to travel in those lanes. Perhaps we can implement something like that in the City theme with road plated that say "BUSES ONLY" and special bus right-of-way traffic lights. ... 

Really love these two ideas!

I would also add: a city park/ playground.

Edited by hikouki

39 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Really love these two ideas!

I would also add: a city park/ playground.

What do you think about a basketball court pack? 

Edited by Poodabricks

What do you think about a basketball court pack? 

Yes! Or perhaps even a Sports recreation center pack?

On 1/16/2023 at 5:23 AM, hikouki said:

Yes! Or perhaps even a Sports recreation center pack?

Or football club training set?

City subthemes that will never release

army subtheme

ucs lego city sets

On 5/16/2007 at 8:02 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Hi, I like the new harbor set and the container lifter very much. Also the hospital and the doctor's car from last year are excellent sets.

It would be very nice if TLC would go on with those nice products, so I thought we here on Eurobricks could collect some ideas for new City sets. So Lego would know what real Lego City fans would like as sets in the future.

Some of my wishes:

First of all:

Harbor sets:

luxury yacht

a luxury yacht with a bridge upstairs and a living and bed room downstairs

including a little pier, suitcases, dinnerware and food

minifigs: man with his woman and their son and daughter

Fishing Cutter

a fishing cutter with a bridge upstairs and a engine and storage room downstairs

including some barrels, some boxes, fishes, crabs and a big flue on a crane

minifigs: captain, worker and boatsman

Octan Oil Harbor

an Octan oil tanker (=ship!) with landing stage and little oil refinery

including tools and some barrels

minifigs: captain, first officer, boatsman and two Octan workers

Octan Oil Rig

(Perhaps as S@H Exclusive!)

an oil rig (with office and rest room) with a heliport

including a helicopter, diving bell, tools and two lifeboats on cranes

minifigs: pilot, 3 Octan workers and the Octan workers' boss

Cruiser

(Perhaps as S@H Exclusive!)

a little cruiser with a little swimming pool in the back, a restaurant and a bridge upstairs and two coaches with toilets downstairs

including lifeboats on cranes, dinnerware, food and suitcases

minifigs: captain, first officer, steward, stewardess and three passengers

And what are your ideas? (also other city themes, not only harbor)

I think that this ideas are good for 2023

Given the whole "be better for the environment" thing LEGO is doing lately (and the general controversy about the oil industry and damage to the planet from fossil fuels) I can't see LEGO doing an oil rig or the like as a set (Octan or otherwise)

Yes they make petrol stations but these days those stations include EV chargers and other green things and in general petrol stations are a lot less controversial than actual oil extraction.

Lego sibtheme idea: construction

set leaks soon

7 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Lego City vet would be good 

Vet subtheme with some sets or vet clinic set as my city set?

4 hours ago, Gabricks said:

Lego sibtheme idea: construction

set leaks soon

Vet subtheme with some sets or vet clinic set as my city set?

PUBLIC TRANSIT SUBTHEME!!!! We could've had one of those with a two more public transit related sets along side 60335 and 60337. 

Edited by Poodabricks

23 hours ago, Izzynufc-2 said:

Lego City vet would be good 

Seems fairly likely to appear in the next 1-2 years, if that 4+ Vet Van is an indication.

60382-1.jpg?202212020637

A single vehicle being a precursor to a set or theme has happened like 10 times in City in the past years, not saying it's 100% guaranteed but it seems very possible, especially with City and Friends having more overlap in subthemes.

Diving Yacht  , Snow Groomer, Tractor, Safari Jeep, Stunt Team, Beach rescue ATV and others all had sets or subthemes related to it appear about 1 year after it in recent times.

Edited by TeriXeri

60395 vet clinic 578 pieces

60396 basketball court transporter 412 pieces

60397 swamp police hideout 782 pieces

fake or true?

17 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

PUBLIC TRANSIT SUBTHEME!!!! We could've had one of those with a two more public transit related sets along side 60335 and 60337. 

I like thos subtheme

13 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I would also recommend a cargo subtheme with the 60336 cargo train. 

I want to post transit subtheme

60432: bendy bus 407 pieces

60433: tram station 432 pieces

60434: s-bahn 934 pieces

s-bahn will have 2 stops and 3 wagon of train

On 1/15/2023 at 2:13 PM, Poodabricks said:

So given that I recently saw a pedestrian crossing piece, of which I am having a hard time finding the leaked pictures of, I have come up with some other road plate packs. 

• Race Course Road Plate Pack - City seems to have been catering a lot to car enthusiasts recently, especially the racing world. So.....I think a race course pack could do good, especially with all the car enthusiast based sets we've been getting.
  • Bus Lane Road Plate Pack - As a former bus driver, I have seen something called bus lanes down here in the DMV. These lanes have special traffic lights that alert you when the buses have the right of way and only buses are allowed to travel in those lanes. Perhaps we can implement something like that in the City theme with road plated that say "BUSES ONLY" and special bus right-of-way traffic lights. 
  • Airport Runway Road Plate Pack - Ok! So maybe this is one of those that builders can just do on their own. But it wouldn't hurt to see one of these be in City. Maybe there could be a gag of one of the plates saying "Plane Xing". 
  • Dirt and Gravel Road Plate Pack - The various wildlife and farm sets in City actually give off dirt road vibes. So why not one of those? 
  • Solid Yellow Lines Pack - I'm surprised this wasn't in there. Could be used to connect two road plated side by side to make double lanes coming and going. 

So those are my ideas for road plates. 

I actually need lavender road plates for some Lego friends Mocs, the dirt and gravel road plate pack would be a dream for my forest area in Heartlake city, plus, it means I don’t have to buy the effiel tower 🇫🇷

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

I actually need lavender road plates for some Lego friends Mocs, the dirt and gravel road plate pack would be a dream for my forest area in Heartlake city, plus, it means I don’t have to buy the effiel tower 🇫🇷

DUDE!!!!! Back during the road plate craze, I was fighting hard for those for Friends sets. If Friends had road plates, they'd be very compatible with City sets. I was also thinking of more a lavendar or even peach colored road plates to represent the pleasant suburb or Heartlake in comparison to the realistic danger of Lego City. 

Edited by Poodabricks

14 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

DUDE!!!!! Back during the road plate craze, I was fighting hard for those for Friends sets. If Friends had road plates, they'd be very compatible with City sets. I was also thinking of more a lavendar or even peach colored road plates to represent the pleasant suburb or Heartlake in comparison to the realistic danger of Lego City. 

Yeah, I do think that road plates in Lego friends sets would be nice, as long as they aren’t overpriced filth, like some city sets…

42 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, I do think that road plates in Lego friends sets would be nice, as long as they aren’t overpriced filth, like some city sets…

Ikr! I only have some new sets because I got a deals on them. But for the most part, as far as City sets are concerned, I prefer older sets - especially the buildings. 

6 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Ikr! I only have some new sets because I got a deals on them. But for the most part, as far as City sets are concerned, I prefer older sets - especially the buildings. 

Yeah, with the baseplates and actually good builds

We've not had a City compatible graveyard in a couple of years. I wonder if Harry Potter or Dreamzzz will spawn another anytime soon?

the realistic danger of Lego City. 

I hate when you turn on the news to see criminals tearing up the streets with Ice Cream cannons.        😅

7 hours ago, Gabricks said:
21 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I would also recommend a cargo subtheme with the 60336 cargo train. 

Differene freight and cargo

New subtheme: pets

60433: dog house 103 pieces, small dog house with dog food transporter quad, dog and civilian, 10€

60434: pet rescue truck 213 pieces, small pet transporter, hedge, cat and dog, veterinar and driver, 20€

60435: mobile vet clinic 402 pieces, semi truck woth vet clinic space and office space, dog, rabbit, cat, veterinar, driver, 2 civilians. 45€

60436: pet shop 604 pieces, small building woth pet inventary and pets shop, there are too many pets, 3 civilians, shop personal, civilian car, road plates, 65€

60437: vet clinic 842 pieces, includes: big building woth road plates, vet ambulance, 3 civillans, doctor, nurse, costumer service 3 minifigs, 90€

3 hours ago, Killian said:

I hate when you turn on the news to see criminals tearing up the streets with Ice Cream cannons.        😅

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Gabricks said:

60433: dog house 103 pieces, small dog house with dog food transporter quad, dog and civilian, 10€

60434: pet rescue truck 213 pieces, small pet transporter, hedge, cat and dog, veterinar and driver, 20€

60435: mobile vet clinic 402 pieces, semi truck woth vet clinic space and office space, dog, rabbit, cat, veterinar, driver, 2 civilians. 45€

60436: pet shop 604 pieces, small building woth pet inventary and pets shop, there are too many pets, 3 civilians, shop personal, civilian car, road plates, 65€

60437: vet clinic 842 pieces, includes: big building woth road plates, vet ambulance, 3 civillans, doctor, nurse, costumer service 3 minifigs, 90€

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those. 

5 hours ago, Gabricks said:

I doubt these would come out recently because of Lego friends sets