Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

What about a "Presidential" type subtheme. You could have The Beast, with Barack, Michelle, Sasha, Meliah, and the driver. The second set could be a pair of the Chevy Suburbans (the ones that follow behind the limo). It includes 4 secret service agents, and weapons. The third set would one of the Chevy Suburbans like this. It would include a driver, a gunner, and a small blockade. The fourth set could be a pair of the small Cadillacs that follow the limo, with 3 minifigs of whoever are responsible for those cars. It would also include 2-3 gates. An impulse set could be of a secret service agent, with a shotgun and a laptop. Let me know what you think!

-Ricecracker

Water Plane-

description- Go back to the 1930's with this exciting set. This wonderful plane includes 2 levels, the first level includes 30 seats, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen, and 4 doors, the second level includes the cockpit, with seats for the pilot, copilot and navigator. Includes 7 minifigures, the pilot, copilot, navigator, chef, and 3 passengers. 900-1,000 pieces. $90.00-$100.00

It'd be good to get this is an Indiana Jones Set, perhaps with a small pier too.

Laurie

I must say that you've bring up a lot of amazing ideas for possible new City sets! :thumbup:

Unluckily I've got a lot of work now. But I surely will comment on them the weekend after next weekend.

It would be unfair to only comment on very few of these and let out the others. I'm very sorry! :blush:

Klaus-Dieter

Would an elevated train system be a feasible set idea? I know LEGO has railroad, cross-country style trains, but I'm thinking of New York style elevated train lines. Perhaps a ~$100 set featuring two small train stations, one train, and a short elevated railway connecting them. This could get pricey, but it would add a really nice look to some city designs.

Also, I would be really interested in seeing a LEGO baseball field. Nothing big or fancy, just a green baseplate decked out with ... baseball field stuff, ie, the bases, scoreboard, bleachers, maybe fences, and a few minifig baseball players and a fan.

It's hard thinking of city designs that seem like they'd be fun yet realistic.

-DD

What about a "Presidential" type subtheme. You could have The Beast, with Barack, Michelle, Sasha, Meliah, and the driver. The second set could be a pair of the Chevy Suburbans (the ones that follow behind the limo). It includes 4 secret service agents, and weapons. The third set would one of the Chevy Suburbans like this. It would include a driver, a gunner, and a small blockade. The fourth set could be a pair of the small Cadillacs that follow the limo, with 3 minifigs of whoever are responsible for those cars. It would also include 2-3 gates. An impulse set could be of a secret service agent, with a shotgun and a laptop. Let me know what you think!

-Ricecracker

As cool as that sounds, I doubt Lego would give us a set based on the actual president. :sceptic: Maybe a generic version though...

OK so I'm not much into the City theme (I have three sets from it) but I could think of some ideas that would spice it up a bit:

Taxi - Taxi driver and passenger. Police Car base without steering wheel so both minifigures can sit in it. $5, 50 pcs.

Vintage Car Race - 4 drivers, one flag man. Vintage race cars in violent colors (blue orange red black). $30, 400 pcs.

Tour Bus - 1 driver, 4 passenger. Bus is light blue with "EurobricksTours" sticker. 8-wide. $15, 200 pcs.

rofl about the last one :)

I have two ideas for a city set but they are more like sub themes.

The first is village circus. It could a tent include a large set with trapeze artists, clown troupe, ringmaster, circus elephant and trainer, and band. The smaller sets would be Strongman with barbells and stilt walker, a semi large set of lion tamer comes with tamer and new mold of several lion and and tigers.

The second sub theme is city zoo. There would be zoo vet with animals. A large set with several cages and new molded animals such as lion, tiger, giraffe, hippopotamus, rhinos, zebra and a camel. Safari tour could be included too.

Taxi - Taxi driver and passenger. Police Car base without steering wheel so both minifigures can sit in it. $5, 50 pcs.

:thumbup:

A taxi with a taxi driver would be definitely great. We have never had one from TLC and I think it's a basic element in every City Theme collection, so

PLEASE TLC ALL CITY THEME LOVERS WOULD LOVE ONE! :cry_happy:

First of all here some of my new ideas for new City set which I really, really would like:

Here are some set wishes I have for a possible Folk Festival theme in the City theme (no April Fool!):

Ferris Wheel

consists of three parts:

1. Ferris Wheel

Ferris wheel (with six gondolas) with cashpoint

including some coupons and some tools

minifigs: female shop owner, worker and a couple

2. Shooting Gallery

shooting gallery with a lot of details

including a lot of accessory and some guns

minifigs: male shop owner, father with baby buggy and little son

3. "Candy Stall"

"candy stall" with big sales counter, popcorn machine and machine for candy floss

including a lot of candy stuff and accessory

minifigs: female shop owner, mother and little daughter

Rollercoaster

rollercoaster (may use the tracks of the IJ set "Temple of Doom") with either one big carriage or minimum three seperate carriages

minifigs: male shop owner, worker, two women and two men

Merry-Go-Round

merry-go-round with animals, cars and motor cycles

minifigs: female shop owner, father and two children

Fairground

consists of two parts:

1. "Ball Stand"

"ball stand" with pyramides of balls

including some balls and tins

minifigs: female shop owner and little girl

2. "Luncheonette"

"luncheonette" (where you can buy mainly sausages and drinks) with some tables in front to eat

includings some sausages and some drinks

minifigs: cook, little boy and mother

Balloon Seller

including a lot of different coloured ballons

minifig: ballon seller

The Ferris Wheel, the rollercoaster and the merry-go-round could function with the new PFs. :wink:

An illumination mainly of the Ferris Wheel but even of all the other fairground rides and all the stalls would be amazing! :oh:

A Folk Festival theme - and there mainly a Ferris wheel, a "candy stall" and a shooting gallery would be absolutely awesome! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Secondly sorry to all of you!

Firstly there were all these new City and SW summer sets on which I wanted to comment and then the last time I was very busy.

So I'm very sorry that I firstly now take the time to comment on your great set proposals. :cry_sad: Please forgive me! :blush:

The first is village circus. It could a tent include a large set with trapeze artists, clown troupe, ringmaster, circus elephant and trainer, and band. The smaller sets would be Strongman with barbells and stilt walker, a semi large set of lion tamer comes with tamer and new mold of several lion and and tigers.

The second sub theme is city zoo. There would be zoo vet with animals. A large set with several cages and new molded animals such as lion, tiger, giraffe, hippopotamus, rhinos, zebra and a camel. Safari tour could be included too.

I totally agree with you, Oswald the Rabbit! :thumbup:

A circus and a zoo would be brilliant! :oh:

The minifigs need some place to relax and pass their free time.

Would an elevated train system be a feasible set idea? I know LEGO has railroad, cross-country style trains, but I'm thinking of New York style elevated train lines. Perhaps a ~$100 set featuring two small train stations, one train, and a short elevated railway connecting them. This could get pricey, but it would add a really nice look to some city designs.

That's a great idea, Deaddude! :thumbup:

An elevated train similar to the awesome set Airport Shuttle would be brilliant! :oh:

How about a Lego store made out of Lego!!! That would be cool.
A LEGO discount store, basically a minifig version of retailers like Walmart, Kmart, or Target, known as LEGOmart. It would feature an entrance with sliding doors (similar to those found on the 2007 fire station), shopping carts, merchandise ranging from LEGO teddy bears to cylindrical bricks used as cans of soda, check-outs, and a parking lot, as well as two cars and two minifigs.

Totally agreement here, too, legolover94 and Justin! :thumbup:

I really don't understand why TLG hasn't offered to us a Lego Store - or at least a toy shop (or at the best both) - since firstly we would be pleased and secondly this would be absolute ad for Lego itself. :wink:

-Ricecracker

Absolutely awesome idea, Ricecracker! :thumbup:

A presidential's limousine, some chivy suburbans and that vehicle with the gun would be absolutely :oh: :oh: :oh: !

Regrettably I fear that TLG will never release a vehicle similar to that one with the gun in the City theme - because of their anti-violence policy (which funnily enough does only exist in this theme :hmpf: ). :sad:

But some not on a special president (there could be the President of Legoland! :wink: ) based sets for a president like a limousine, these chivy suburbans, the president's home and a gouvernment would be possible and excellent!

Limousine-

description-

Get around Lego City in style with this new limousine, only from lego. measures 7 inches long, and includes driver and passenger minifigures. 200-300 pieces. $24.99 TRU exclusive

City Bus-

description-

Travel Lego City, from one end to the next in this new bus. measures 10 inches long. includes driver, and 4 passenger minifigures. 300-400 pieces. $30.00-$40.00

Ferry-

description-

Transport Lego City goods all around the world with the ferry. measuring 18 inches long, and 8 inches wide this is the biggest boat Lego has ever released. includes 5 containers, 2 cars, and a truck. Also includes captain, 2 worker, and 2 passenger minifigures. 900-1,000 pieces. $90.00-$100.00

Great ideas here,too, donneyboy! :thumbup:

A limousine is absolutely necessary and I really hope TLG will release one (at the best in a hotel set) soon!

A seperate sold bus (at the best with bus station) would be great since only the one bus with bus station is a bit little for a whole City.

A ferry is an excllent idea! :oh: More cargo ships and even a lot of passenger ships are absolutely necessary and would be very welcome!

It would be nice to see a winter subtheme. In additon to this, there could also be ski resorts, log cabins, or even a skating rink. :thumbup:

I totally agree with you, darthperson! :thumbup:

Some winter sets like a pisten bully, a snow plug, a ski hut, a piste, a winterly family house with snowman and a mountain rescue center with helicopter, 4wrd and different snowmobiles, perhaps even a winterly train station would be absolutely awesome! :oh:

Some of my new ideas:

Cargo & Transport

-Small Transport Truck

Similar to 7733 only without trailer and forklift

-Transport Van

Transport Van for Cargo transports with some crates

[...]

-City Park

-Small City park

Coast Guard

-Coast Guard HQ

A medium sized (similar to 7744) station with pier, small 4x4, boat and another car

I totally agree with you, zeki! :thumbup:

Some seperate sold cargo trucks (of course with driver and cargo!) would be great! Plus a depot would be absolutely awesome! :oh:

A park would be a very nice idea, too, because the minifigs want to relax somewhere, too. Nevertheless I fear that TLG won't release a park (at least not as a seperate set) since surely sadly mainly only some AFOLs (me included) would be interested in this set. :sad:

A little CG HQ with a little command center, a pier, another car - and at the best with a little hovercraft - would be quite nice!

Hey, I am quite bored, so I thought I would revive this great topic with some new ideas-

Food Pack 1/Ice Cream stand- Minifgure vendor with medium sized cart and child, 3 different popsicles, 2 of this ice cream cone piece, 2 milkshakes in clear goblets. $8

Food Pack 2/Produce stand- Minifigure woman with Impulse sized food stand, 3 big crates, 3 new smaller crates, 3 carrots, 3 bananas, 2 red apples, 2 green apples, 4 cherries, 4 green cherries. $10

Food Pack 3/Bakery and butcher- Minifigure chef with counter with cash register an clear display case containing meats- 1 complete turkey, 2 seperate drumsticks, 3 hotdogs/sausages, 2 new steak pieces, 2 french bread loaves, 2 crossaints, 1 cake. Small aquarium with 3 lobsters and 1 crab. $15

Food Pack 4/Fast Food- One minifigure woman and one man, both restraunt uniform, one man customer, 2 out door tables, small building with counter and grill, all on green 16x16 baseplate. 3 cups, 2 hamburgers, 3 hotdogs/sausage, 3 turkey legs, 3 pizzas, 2 milkshakes in clear goblets. $20

Awesome ideas, darthperson! :thumbup:

I, too, would really like to see more food shops! Mainly a bakery would be absolutely necessary and even awesome (perhaps with pretzels?! :wub: )! :oh:

I would like to see 3 things.

#1- a grocery store, with 4 check outs , a deli section, a frozen food section, 5 shelves with food on them, the food would be things like 1x1 pieces, and 4 drink coolers. The minifigs would be 6 workers, the manager, and 4 customers. It would be on a 16x32 baseplate. 400-500 pieces, $40.00-$50.00

#2- a bowling alley, complete with 4 lanes, a bar with 5 pizzas, 5 goblets, a pop machine, and 5 cups, 5 tables with 4 chairs, and the little ball joints for the balls. The minifigs would 5 workers, 5 customers, and the manager. It would be on a 16x32 baseplate. 400-600 pieces, $40.00-$50.00

#3- a movie studio, with 5 filming areas, 10 cameras, 3 camera cars, 5 labtops, 4 computers, and the building. The building would include a office, 2 trailers, and the filming areas. The minifigs would be the directer, 5 camera holders, 5 boom operators, and 10 actors. It would be on a 48x48 baseplate. 800-1,500 pieces. $90.00-$120.00

I totally agree with you, donneyboy! :thumbup:

A grocery is absolutely neccessary (otherwise our minifigs will die - they can not only eat chicken and pizza! :grin: ) and so I really hope that TLG will offer one next year!

A bowling alley is a very nice idea.

A movie studio is imo a set which would be liked by AFOLs as well as JFOLs - so I hope that we'll see a whole TV/news theme soon!

OK so I'm not much into the City theme (I have three sets from it) but I could think of some ideas that would spice it up a bit:

:thumbup:

A taxi with a taxi driver would be definitely great. We have never had one from TLC and I think it's a basic element in every City Theme collection, so

PLEASE TLC ALL CITY THEME LOVERS WOULD LOVE ONE! :cry_happy:

I totally agree with you, Ralphy and BlueBard! :thumbup:

Some taxi sets would be great! :thumbup:

What about these two following ideas (which partly aren't new since some of you already mentioned proposals similar to these):

Taxi

taxi (similar to the new Sports Car but with roof and doors) at the best in tan color but other colors would be ok, too (the most important would be that you can identify it as a taxi)

including a taxi telephone box (I saw these in Munich - they look very similar to the emergency phone box in the Sports Car set but in tan/yellow color - you can call for a taxi with them) and a map

minfig: taxi driver

Taxi Station

a little hut which is the office for the taxi drivers (with writing table, computer, telephone, city map and coffee machine), a newsstand and a little fountain with some seats and foliage plants around it

including a map, two cups, some billets, some newspapers, two suitcases, a dog and some other accessory

minifigs: two taxi drivers, female shop owner, old man with sick and male passenger

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Since TLG releases these nice Farm sets this year I've got a new idea:

What about a milk truck (like TLG released as promo sets in the past) and a creamery (either as two different sets or as one set)?

Imo this would fit very well in the Farm theme and would be a perfect addition to the farm with its lovely cows (a slaughterhouse would probably don't fit that well since the City theme mainly focuses on little children. :grin: ). :thumbup:

Btw: Hoe do you like my ideas for a possible folk festival theme (I wrote two comments before)?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

How about a park station? It could be a mid-sized building, with interior that has office, etc. Also comes with a jeep, a few trees, a bear, and other animals, as well as a few new figures.

How about a park station? It could be a mid-sized building, with interior that has office, etc. Also comes with a jeep, a few trees, a bear, and other animals, as well as a few new figures.

You mean some sort of safari theme, darthperson?! :oh: - That's a brilliant idea! :thumbup:

With TLG taking not only police/fire/construction/emergency themes in the last times (and mainly this year) plus they go even in the direction of environmental sets (this year's awesome 7747 Wind Turbine Transport) and sets which are placed in the nature (the new Farm theme) I could well imagine that TLG will release more sets and themes in the future which will be around nature, animals and all that - and I really would like to see TLG going further this direction! :thumbup:

So I could even well imagine that we'll see a safari, a zoo, a forest, a mountain and/or a circus theme. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Taxi

taxi (similar to the new Sports Car but with roof and doors) at the best in tan color but other colors would be ok, too (the most important would be that you can identify it as a taxi)

including a taxi telephone box (I saw these in Munich - they look very similar to the emergency phone box in the Sports Car set but in tan/yellow color - you can call for a taxi with them) and a map

minfig: taxi driver

I agree, a Taxi set just like the Sports Car one would be awesome, more accurated, with two MFs (driver and a passenger, of course! :classic: ) and maybe a little seat or a telephone box with map as you said. It would be great to see something similar to the ones seen here:

tru_city_choices.jpg

I agree. I'm in favor of any new themes that would give us more non-brick-built animals. I think the cows in the Farm and Medieval Market Village are great, but I would really have liked to have seen molded chickens, turkeys and ducks instead of the brick-built ones.

I think a zoo or circus theme would be great. I'd love to see some of the animal designs introduced in the LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman games actually get produced (all the ones you listed are great examples). Of the two, I think a circus theme would probably go over a little better financially. First, it could be tied into other existing themes (trains), and it could be used to spin-off additional new themes (county fair, amusement park, parade). Second, it would give the opportunity to produce some really interesting new non-licensed minifig designs (again, all the ones you listed are great).

Edited by KH3D

I have a brilliant idea for a Lego Set - centered on combinding two themes together, Its called The Millionaires Set... and will continue the story of an original lego minifig from the past...

I want to merge The City sets with The Adventurers... Yep Johnny Thunder, Professor Kilroy, Pippin Reed & Sam Sinister is back...

The idea is simple, its what happend to Johnny Thunder when he returned home, I kind of picture Johnny Thunder as british and has a mansion somewhere, so i thought why dont we do that, Let me explain the possible sets.

The large Sets

---------------

The Thunder Mansion - Johnny Thunders mansion, filled with antiques from his many adventures, - The size of the set wont be massive, otherwise a mansion sized set would probably cost alot to make, So the Mansion is sort of the size of Arkham Asylum from the batman series... Minifigs included would be, Johnny Thunder, Mike - who for story wise is Johnny Thunders son. Javis The Butler, Frank The Cheuffer & Elenor The House Maid.

The Adventurers Museum - Professor Kilroys small humble museum, Which he runs with his daughter Pippin Reed. Imagin a small shop like artifacts musuem where we have the casket of The mummy, The gemstones, the treasures. Brilliant. - Minifigs are Professor Kilroy, Pippin Reed, Customer 1 & Customer 2

The Medium sets

-------------------

The Sinister Van & Thunder Classic Car Chase set, Sam Sinister and new companions are looting museums for the treasures, However Thunder is on the case to stop him. - Minifigs, Johnny Thunder, Sam Sinister, Slyboots.Jr the son of the original Tophat Slyboots & Alexis Sinister

The Limoseen Set - as it says. Minfigs - Johnny Thunder, Pippin Reed and Frank The Chueffer

The Sinister Hideout - A small borded up office where the sinister characters appear, Minifigs featuring is Sam Sinister, Slyboots.Jr, Alexis Sinister, Mr Cunningham and Max Vilino

The Small Sets

-----------------

The Motobike chase - Two motobikes, Max Vilinos and Mike Thunder - Minifigs, Max and Mike

The Thunder Sports Car - Minifig - Johnny Thunder.

So what do you think?

I think this belongs in this thread :wink: .

Thank you.

I like the idea, Chronicler!

Well i had this idea for a while now, See... The idea was what did the Adventurers do when they were home...

Johnny Thunder - logically would be a millionaire with all those treasures he found.

Mike - althought not mentioned before, you get the sense that he was ment to be Johnny's son

Professor Kilroy - because of the revivally Kilroy had with Slyboots - im figured Kilroy had a small museum, where Slyboots was a big museum who doesnt really care about its antiques but more over ownership.

Pippin Reed - was probably the wife or partner to Johnny Thunder and Daugther to Professor Kilroy - she would remain with Kilroy running the small museum.

Harry Cane - either goes back to being a pilot for the army, or owns his own air port.

Gabirro - probably also works in the same air port and he and harry are friends to some degree.

Sam Sinister - probably now crippled from being caved in on an expidition is wheelchair bound.

Alexis Sinister - runs the Sinister organisation on behalf of Sam. Alexis being Sam's daugther.

Slyboots - died in the first set, but i gather he had a son because anyone who has the frankenstine... not the monster, from the movie set, anyone else think the doctors head looks vaguely simular to Slyboots? Im thinking Slyboots Jr

Senor Palmor - Think he died in that set.

Max Villanio - is the secrete brother of Johnny Thunder, hence the simular hats... LOL Max and Alexis are working together

Mr.Cunningham - retires, an old friend of the Thunders who ended up working for Sam Sinister... quits and lives a quiet life.

So cothering that i would imagin that in the real world we could have a 1930's style housing, buildings... which would be pretty cool.

I agree. I'm in favor of any new themes that would give us more non-brick-built animals. I think the cows in the Farm and Medieval Market Village are great, but I would really have liked to have seen molded chickens, turkeys and ducks instead of the brick-built ones.

In this point I don't agree with you, KH3D!

The brick-built chicken, turkey and penguins look imo really great and realistic :thumbup: !

I think a zoo or circus theme would be great. I'd love to see some of the animal designs introduced in the LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman games actually get produced (all the ones you listed are great examples). Of the two, I think a circus theme would probably go over a little better financially. First, it could be tied into other existing themes (trains), and it could be used to spin-off additional new themes (county fair, amusement park, parade). Second, it would give the opportunity to produce some really interesting new non-licensed minifig designs (again, all the ones you listed are great).

I totally agree with you, KH3D!

A Zoo theme would be brilliant! :oh:

The only thing I fear is that if TLG releases such a theme they will design the main set that <insert that tiresome argument> like they did with this year's Farm set - and that would be :thumbdown: .

I even doubt whether TLG will release a Zoo theme since this would mean lots of different animals - and these seem to be the most expensive parts of sets next to minifigures.

But imo there is even no need for many new molds since there have been already a lot of animals in the past which TLG only needs to take and to release again:

-elephant

-crocodile

-monkey

-snake

-spider

-skorpion

-ice bear

-brick-built penguin

-grey shark

-white shark

-sword fish

-dolphin

-flounder

-octopus

-parrot

-big insect (IJ theme)

-bat

-raptor

The only new mold TLG really has to do would be a mold for either a tiger or a lion since one of this animal has to be included in a possible zoo theme/set because they are that popular!

And now here a completely new idea:

Bridge Buildup

some bridge pieces, one until three pylons, a little van (for transportating tools and workers) and a floating crane

including two rock pieces (for the left and the right side where the bridge ends), a handy, some tools and a cup

minifigs: captain and two until three workers

Playability:

The different bridge pieces can be connected together in order to have a long roadway.

When the bridge is built up it can either be used as a bridge for cars driving on it or for one train or even better two trains driving on it.

The pylon(s) can be added on the bottom of the bridge pieces in order to that a small ship or a train can drive through below it.

The floating crane is aible to tranport some of the bridge pieces.

The floating crane takes the bridge pieces of its cargo bay, turns round and then adds them to the other bridge pieces which are already connected.

This set would offer a lot of playability and action for JFOLs and for AFOLs a great addition to their city layouts or simply the opportunity to get a bridge for a train.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I have three new ideas for Impulse sets as additions to the awesome 10199 Christmas Cottage:

Man With Snowblower

a little snowblower

including some snowballs

minifig: man with winter cap

Female Skier

including two skis, two ski sticks, a rucksack and a tree

minifig: female skier with helmet and gloves (like the one of a Hoth Rebel Trooper in the Echo Base set)

Mountain Rescuer

including two skis, two ski sticks, a long stack, a handy, a shovel, an ice pick and a rucksack

minifig: mountain rescuer with fur cap (like the one of Solo in the Echo Base set)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I would like to see a modernized version of the LEGO Divers town subtheme, with coral reefs, submersibles, an undersea laboratory with x-ray machine, and microscope, an expedition boat, a surface laboratory with helipad, crane, and x-ray machine, a pontoon boat with x-ray machine, a raft, sharks, sawfish, stingrays, octopusses, shipwrecks, and a whale skeleton. The minifigs found in these sets are scuba divers, sub drivers, boat captains, and in one set, a helicopter pilot.

Imagine some modernized versions of these sets:

1782-1.1175442383.jpg

6441-1.1105127507.jpg

6559-1.1181103899.jpg

6560-1.1125258406.jpg

I have been fascinated by these sets ever since I first laid my eyes on them in the summer of 1997. I have all of the Divers sets, except for 1782, 2871, 6560, and 6599.

I know this doesn't fit here, but i couldn't find a thread that would have matched this and don't wanted to make a new one. In the new lego club magazine there's a pretty cool building idea for a bus stop with traffic lights, post box and hydrant. Check it out:

th_89042_S73F1699_122_27lo.JPG