C0zmic

LEGOLAND non-production parts

I always thought it would be cool for Lego to offer small packs of test run mini-figure parts, the same way some of the small custom piece manufactures do. Like, the heck with a special print rewards item. You have a reward item which is 3 test run pieces and you'll have people buying stuff just to rack up rewards points. 

I found some interesting pieces in dump.bins just after last Christmas at Legoland FL, my guess is cleaning out the model shop for inventory.

2020-02-06_11-50-10

283 Light Flesh / Light Nougat  2x4s

2020-02-06_11-48-54

Spring Yellowish Green 2x3s

Left to right: prototype Modulex 1x1 plate, regular System 1x1 plate, prototype European Jumbo 1x1 plate.

we1fcda.jpg

Left to right: prototype 2x4 brick without studs, modern color test brick, rare Norwegian trans-clear double-logo hollow brick.

1VEpO8d.png

On 2/7/2020 at 6:02 AM, Broke4Bricks said:

I found some interesting pieces in dump.bins just after last Christmas at Legoland FL, my guess is cleaning out the model shop for inventory.

283 Light Flesh / Light Nougat  2x4s

Spring Yellowish Green 2x3s

What are these dump bins? Garbage bins? D:

A lot of these bricks make me envious, but I do not think I would find a use for most of them anyway :P

A 2x4 brick in an unusual colour, like the marbled ones, would be cool to have though

Question: are these special colour bricks at every legoland worldwide? And is there a list somewhere with the current pieces/colours?

Edited by Lira_Bricks
aditional question

There is definitely not a list. The variety of special parts is huge, and new stuff is discovered all the time. Especially when it comes to 2x4 test bricks which have been  produced since the 60s. There are thousands of colors/plastics/molds. 

As for the source, these parts come from lots of places. Lego factories, plastics companies that provide raw material for Lego, Legoland model shops, LUG kits... even from the attics of people who worked for Lego decades ago!

Wow. I must go to Legoland Florida… i might be going to Legoland Deustchland this summer. Anyone knows if they have Q elements sometimes?  I know they have tons of great bins. 

Those parts look great.

I wonder if the Legoland NY has any of these? It's not that far from me and I wanted to go visit there sometime.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, CP5670 said:

Those parts look great.

I wonder if the Legoland NY has any of these? It's not that far from me and I wanted to go visit there sometime.

I am wondering this too. I am 5-6 hours and a border away. I might try to go this summer/fall..