Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Kendrick to the Rescue (built by my little bro)

This was built by my 12 year old brother.

As Basil was carried downstream by the current, Kendrick sprinted along the bank. Soon he saw a fallen tree trunk that lay across the river. Quickly climbing onto it, Kendrick reached as far as he could, straining to catch Basil as the goat swept towards him

000_0314.jpg

overview.jpg

000_0312.jpg

000_0315.jpg

My apologies that Basil isn't clearly visible in the pictures, I forget to take a close up of him. He's just upstream of Kendrick and the fallen tree.

My brother would appreciate all C&C :classic:

Noooo! Basil can't die! You have to save him, because I'm not sure I would cope well with the loss of that hero...

Luckily, in this time of distress, there's this wonderful MOC. That rockwork seems really professional, with all the SNOT, the use even of curved pieces and the clever use of olive green. That stream too is a nice piece of building. The cheese slopes create the turbulent feeling, and the clear tiles breack it up even more. Well done! Not sure if I would perform as well...

So the chance is small I can still give some usefull advise. I will try my best though, because I really like these builds and enjoy seeing them grow.

Anyway: the nice variety of the rocks gets lost beyond the shores in the really flat grassland there. The rocks just sem to stop at once, and I'm missing some relief in the grass. Solving these two problems at once, you could make some small pieces of rock peeking through the grass here and there, and make the edge of rocks less abrupt. The height difference between some pieces of rack and the grass is a bit too much for me. You (or your brother, depending on who's reading this) could also add some of those earth green plates for relief.

Well, at this rate, soon I will only be able to post pure admiration without any suggestions whatsoever. Slowly, I'm beginning to think it's normal 12 year olds are such incredible builders, but then I remember how extraordinary this really is... as long as Basil lives ;)

Very nice! Is basil a goat? I couldn't tell from the little story/ pictures.

Thanks, and yes he's a goat :classic:

Looks cool! Love the water. Yes, Basil is the goat.

Thank you :classic:

Noooo! Basil can't die! You have to save him, because I'm not sure I would cope well with the loss of that hero...

Luckily, in this time of distress, there's this wonderful MOC. That rockwork seems really professional, with all the SNOT, the use even of curved pieces and the clever use of olive green. That stream too is a nice piece of building. The cheese slopes create the turbulent feeling, and the clear tiles breack it up even more. Well done! Not sure if I would perform as well...

So the chance is small I can still give some usefull advise. I will try my best though, because I really like these builds and enjoy seeing them grow.

Anyway: the nice variety of the rocks gets lost beyond the shores in the really flat grassland there. The rocks just sem to stop at once, and I'm missing some relief in the grass. Solving these two problems at once, you could make some small pieces of rock peeking through the grass here and there, and make the edge of rocks less abrupt. The height difference between some pieces of rack and the grass is a bit too much for me. You (or your brother, depending on who's reading this) could also add some of those earth green plates for relief.

Well, at this rate, soon I will only be able to post pure admiration without any suggestions whatsoever. Slowly, I'm beginning to think it's normal 12 year olds are such incredible builders, but then I remember how extraordinary this really is... as long as Basil lives ;)

Thanks for such a detailed and thoughtful comment, my brother loves comments like this. Excellent suggestion about the rockwork, he'll keep that in mind for future builds.

And he wouldn't let Basil die, the next section of the story will be up soon :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Everything looks great and I especially love the water effect! Awesome build!

Thanks Mike, he's glad to hear you like it :classic:

Hello

The shore building is great. Nice color combos.

And what´s the result, did he catch him? :)

Best regards

BoB

Edited by MrBrick&BoB

Hello

The shore building is great. Nice color combos.

And what´s the result, did he catch him? :)

Best regards

BoB

Thanks! And yes, Kendrick managed to rescue Basil. The next scene will be up very soon :classic: