WOW, I was wondering if anything like this was possible. Has anyone made a technic version?

I've never seen a Watts Link done with LEGO, but that's not to say it hasn't been done before.

Also, I was doing a bit more reading in the wiki entry I posted, and apparently the Australian V8 Supercars use a Watts link in the rear, except they mount it backwards and mount the link ends to the axle housing and put the center point on the vehicle chassis. It's a clever system.

... the Dodge and Chrysler mini-vans still have leaf sprung rear ends ...

Rather surprising ... I need to look under my Odyssey and my neighbor's Sienna ...

Rather surprising ... I need to look under my Odyssey and my neighbor's Sienna ...

I was wrong about the Dodge and Chrysler mini-vans. I just double checked, and they switched to a coil sprung torsion beam rear suspension in 2008. I'm pretty sure the Sienna and Odyssey use coil sprung independent rear suspension.

@dhc6twinotter Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the last two or three generations of corvette used double wishbone front suspension not leaf sprung suspension? (Sorry for the off topic)

Edited by Zeusrichardson

@dhc6twinotter Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the last two or three generations of corvette used double wishbone independent suspension not leaf sprung suspension? (Sorry for the off topic)

I've worked on some newer Corvettes and they do still use what are considered "leafsprings" but they are not really what you are thinking... They are a fiberglass-composite tranverse style of leafspring...

I'll see if I can find a picture to show you...

EDIT:

Ok, here is a great picture of what I was trying to explain...

Leafs2.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

I used to work at a Chevrolet dealership, and we had a new Corvette come in the shop straight off the car hauler. Turns out it had a defective torque tube and made a terrible grinding noise. The mechanic had to remove the front and rear suspension, the transaxle, and exhaust system to get the torque tube out. Anyways, he had parts strewn all over the shop floor, and I went over to check out what he was doing. I was surprised to learn the Corvette still had leaf springs. It's a neat setup.

Sorry, off topic...