Ok, I see.

But could you design one for a single tire?

I can choose which ones to use when I am building the trailer.

the arocs let buzzing my head with new ideas. Leafsprings are a must have, and allwheeldrive should be possible too

18760384803_ab7dfc256f_c.jpg

Hé Efferman,

Did you have a chance yet to make the single tire mudguard for me?

Looks nice, Will definitely buy them when building the trailer for my Actros

How about:

A 5L thick technic beam but with pinholes intersecting from the top/bottom rather tha just the front and back, only concern is will it be strong enough but there are other stronger plastics than ABS.

This would make so much more possible when building MOC, because axles or pins can join onto the liftarm from either direction but saves the inconvenience of the old studded beams.

Unline the studded beams which have offset studs, everything is lined up but there still should be enough materill to have in-between each hole so it has some rigitidy to it.

Regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

Almost, except the holes go through each other and theres a complete row of holes on the sides and top/bottom

the arocs let buzzing my head with new ideas. Leafsprings are a must have, and allwheeldrive should be possible too

18760384803_ab7dfc256f_c.jpg

Would love to see the result of This axle-setup in the Arocs model, can't picture it yet.

What do you picture from my description

cube_female.png

I picture something like this, but with Technic holes, and repeated to be longer. Sadly, I think that such a piece would be ridiculously fragile, and to be honest, it does not solve any real problems.

However, I do have a suggestion: Effe, could you make a piece kind of like the perpendicular beams, but with a pin or axle hole in both ends on the long axis of the beam, and one with 1/2 width for one hole at either end? I'd also like it to be between 11-19 studs long. Such a piece would be immensely useful for building any kind of lattice, especially in lattice boom cranes.

Hi Eff.

I would like to make a big beam of 31 with alternate holes, but I lack time and I am sure to do less well than you.

The last beam that you show is much interesting and if you proposed it on Shapeways, I will order for testing.

But provided it is a length of 15. I think it is difficult to test the resistance of a beam if it is too small.

I think this type of beam with holes on each side, not alternated, is very interesting.

When you say that it is fragile, do you mean it is soft.

For me, if a beam is soft it is not a defect but an advantage to take into account.