Sweet mother of holly molly that's awesome looking. Think you could do a set of none portal knuckles aswell for that? Also would that be using the cv joints or u joints?

actual it uses the cv joints. with U joints the width would be the same but the pivotpoint would be 1 stud next to vehicle center and then there would be less space for a low shockabsorber mounting point. or do you need the large steering angle of the u joints?

a non portal wheelholder is no problem. then the axle is 11 studs between rims and not 13 like the portal.

Hi efferman,

yesterday I had time to mount the fenders on my U400. Thanks again for the design! What do you think?

U400%20neue%20fender%2001.JPG

U400%20neue%20fender%2002.JPG

Pat

The cv joints will be fine I'll just have to order some only had u joints avail at the time.

the standard lego CV joints were used

according the high tilt bucket i have a question. One pneumatic actuator in center of the bucket or two at the end of the bucket? the casing of it will look like this

14159068252_5623c05017_z.jpg

Hochkippschaufel von efferman auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

went ahead an ordered a set will be interesting to see how it comes out may need to sand an polish where moving parts meet.

the standard lego CV joints were used

according the high tilt bucket i have a question. One pneumatic actuator in center of the bucket or two at the end of the bucket? the casing of it will look like this

14159068252_5623c05017_z.jpg

Hochkippschaufel von efferman auf Flickr

The real ones used by Volvo have 2 cilinders on borh ends.

because there are high tilt buckets available directly from volvo which have the cylinders in center i have done the same

13984084660_e5a048edf3_z.jpg

13984058109_79ff574b95_z.jpg

13984079867_372a41e11e_z.jpg

the bucket is 175mm wide, this should be the same like 42030, but i dont know if you want pay 78 euro for a white set and 96 for a black one

625x465_1965101_2823075_1399915764.jpg

Very nice work.

I will have to think about that indeed, the rims you made for the wheelloader are going to cost me an additional €80-, but it would be so cool to have a hightiltbucket.

Thanks anyway for the trouble.

Edited by Dafgek81

I was wondering about tatra stuff though is it even possible to make a tatra style differential???

Hi

Just printed leaf spring at local 3D priniting company. They just opened their company, so they dont have experince.

Material is PLA

FLr7-CH8yB0.jpg

Leaf spring looks very ugly (but ok for the first time), but my main question and goal was to find out "will this part work as leaf spring"?

So this construction is working well. Middle point of leaf spring is moving up 1 stud. Video later.

Edited by rm8

this part was printed with a method which works like an inkjet. you should search for laser sintered nylon. then the Quality will be better. but its nice to see that the leaf spring works

I also printed part last week.

This was made our older 3d printer.

WP_20140514_10_25_18_Pro2.jpg

Print is pretty coarse, but thicker protrusion makes the piece more rigid. I will make smoother print for better appearance.

This was just test to see will it be strong enough to carry some impact forces.

WP_20140514_12_35_32_Pro2.jpg

The fit was perfect for my standarts at first try. Pins are little bit stiffer than normally, but can be assembled just by using fingers.

In conclusion i was very satisfied for the part. I made cube with 15l liftarms and bigger L-shaped liftarms and attached my gopro inside. After five drops from the tabel part is still undamaged.

Edited by Mtx

new parts have arrived and i have made a short vid

Thanks. Dfferntial 20Z was too noisy when rotating. And small gears rotate with friction, like limited slip differential. Did you polished it or it is raw right from shapeways?

Could you make this part with pins (non friction)?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1847043/driven-steering-hub-small.html?li=cart

Edited by rm8

The differential looks awesome. Do you think, it will handle torgue from XL motor or L Motor? And what is the cost of the differential?

yes rm8, the small gears are actually a bit tight, but when the unpolished surface is cleaned be some movement, i think it will run smooth.

for the steering part i will look if its possible.

tomas, i think this will depend on the tires dou you want to use. in relation to its size it is very strong. actually it can not jump over the small gears which fit very tight together. how the nylon gears are working under load is out of my experience. so the time will tell how good it works. in the quality shown on the video it cost 4$/ 3,49€ with all internal gears

edit:

sorry rm8, the steering part is not possible with pins

this is the smallest possible when pins are used.

625x465_1960522_2807955_1399795865.jpg

Edited by efferman

still waiting on my 20z diff to come in though seeing the video look forward to putting them in my mini unimog!

Working LEAF Spring. Efferman Design.

It was printed with low quality and NOT on Shapeways.

Before ordering it on shapeways.com, ask Efferman for best and flexible material.

As you see - it works. Ampitude of flexing is 1-1,5 stud.

IMHO 4 leaf springs can hold and work good with 1-1,5 kg model. But this configuration is only for standart car without lifting and other stuff. Standart articulation for old Hilux and so on... :classic:

Edited by rm8