just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I know this doesn't really belong here, but am I the only one who really hates the fact that the two characters who shouldn't be in the movies made the cover???

This is far from the only cover - Unexpected Journey had at least three or four different covers, if not more.

Exactly, as much as I prefer characters like Thranduil, Bard or Smaug on the cover, this set comes with a legolas poly and coincides with this cover.

I wish Lego made a few more exclusives so we have opportunities to collect new characters or variants. Also some new stuff would tie us over until more info gets released.

What is this? :O my 200th post? :laugh:

Also doesn't anyone else find it weird that we haven't seen any stills for the Hobbit game yet except the 3 we saw?

Also doesn't anyone else find it weird that we haven't seen any stills for the Hobbit game yet except the 3 we saw?

Yeah, I find that weird too :wacko: What bothers me is the current lack of DOS based screenshots/ scenes, the only one we've seen thus far is the shot of Legolas and Tauriel jumping on the wall :wink: Shouldn't they be focussing on Smaug now? :grin: Speaking of which, why isn't he featured on any of the Bluray covers? He's only in the title y'know :tongue:

Yeah, I find that weird too :wacko: What bothers me is the current lack of DOS based screenshots/ scenes, the only one we've seen thus far is the shot of Legolas and Tauriel jumping on the wall :wink: Shouldn't they be focussing on Smaug now? :grin: Speaking of which, why isn't he featured on any of the Bluray covers? He's only in the title y'know :tongue:

Yep! again something i was wondering about! So much questions :wacko:

Oh and Tauriel en Legless Lego Legolas jumping on a wall was not the only thing, you can also see Dol Guldur really fast :)

I hope somewhere in March we get to see a little more :tongue:

Yep! again something i was wondering about! So much questions :wacko:

Oh and Tauriel en Legless Lego Legolas jumping on a wall was not the only thing, you can also see Dol Guldur really fast :)

I hope somewhere in March we get to see a little more :tongue:

That scene looks like the shot of Radagast entering Dol Guldur in AUJ. The clip of Legolas and Tauriel is really strange, the wall looks like part of the water gate, but 3x the size.

So ehm? Anything to talk about?

:cry_sad:

I mean of course i am buying the game! maybe we can talk about what to expect in the game?

How is it dead?

Only a few people talk on it anymore, it's not really well updated. not a lot of people talk on it :look:

Only a few people talk on it anymore, it's not really well updated. not a lot of people talk on it :look:

Probably because we haven't actually learned anything significantly new about the game recently to make further posts, and Culture & Multimedia itself is far from dead. Same thing happened with the LOTR Video Game thread: activity skyrocketed once the game came out and people began posting about their progress, getting 100%, etc.

Probably because we haven't actually learned anything significantly new about the game recently to make further posts, and Culture & Multimedia itself is far from dead. Same thing happened with the LOTR Video Game thread: activity skyrocketed once the game came out and people began posting about their progress, getting 100%, etc.

Yeah thats what i mean :P we dont get any details

Well it dosn't mean that you talk about it here as this is the inapropriate topic.

Discussion of the game and it's details should be discussed THERE and not here, even if it is 'dead'.

Mini-Mod Over and Out

-Sorry, I just wanted to put my name in consideration

Mini-Mod Over and Out

If you KNOW you're mini-modding and you do it anyway, then aren't you REALLY in for trouble? Use the report button.

Well it dosn't mean that you talk about it here as this is the inapropriate topic.

Discussion of the game and it's details should be discussed THERE and not here, even if it is 'dead'.

Mini-Mod Over and Out

Just wanted to bring it out here as no one will listen on the game forum

Here is a summary of all the info we have so far:

Set 1- Dol Guldur scene, $12-15, with Galadrial, the Witch- King, and a 3rd figure (Elrond, Sauron, Saruman)

Set 2- Lake Town, $29-39, with Bain, probably a few LT guards, and maybe and Alfrid. Seemingly no Smaug.

Set 3- A Bo5A set, $69(?), with Dain, hopefuly Bolg and Azog, and, of course, since TLG loves him so much, there will probably be a Gandalf :wall:

Set 4- Erebor, $129, probably with some dwarves, Bilbo, and probably a Smaug :excited: . If PJ had stuck to the book, there would be no antagonists to put in the set, but we don't know what he did!

Here is a summary of all the info we have so far:

Set 1- Dol Guldur scene, $12-15, with Galadrial, the Witch- King, and a 3rd figure (Elrond, Sauron, Saruman)

Set 2- Lake Town, $29-39, with Bain, probably a few LT guards, and maybe and Alfrid. Seemingly no Smaug.

Set 3- A Bo5A set, $69(?), with Dain, hopefuly Bolg and Azog, and, of course, since TLG loves him so much, there will probably be a Gandalf :wall:

Set 4- Erebor, $129, probably with some dwarves, Bilbo, and probably a Smaug :excited: . If PJ had stuck to the book, there would be no antagonists to put in the set, but we don't know what he did!

To correct all your information

set 1 - Galadriël, Witch King, and Elrond

set 2 - Bain, Alfrid, 1 LT guard, and Bard (maybe)

set 3 - Dain Ironfoot, Bolg, Bear Beorn (maybe), Eagle, Iron Hill dwarf (X2)

set 4 - Smaug, Thorin, Bilbo, Dori, Dwalin, Balin, Gloin/Oin,

This is all based on information we have collected so far

Confirmed = Smaug, Galadriel, Elrond, Bain, Dain, Bolg

And Andrew from Bzpower has also kindly provided us with exact prices and piece counts. Which gives me a theory on the second biggest set.

79015 Hobbit 5 - 101 pieces. $14.99 (USD) $15.99 (CAD) We know this one is the Dol Guldur set. It will have a small rock formation and Galadriel, Elrond in armor, and glow in the dark Witch King.

79016 Hobbit 6 - 313 pieces. $29.99 (USD) $34.99 (CAD) I think this one is very likely to be the battle pack of the wave. Maybe with Dain, three iron hill dwarves and two orcs.

79017 Hobbit 7 - 471 pieces. $59.99 (USD) $84.99 (CAD) Now here is my theory. 471 pcs is (almost) exactly the piece count of Lake Town Chase. That was $60 CAD. The only thing that could justify a whopping $85 price tag is the inclusion of a molded SMAUG. This is why I am sure the second biggest set will be a portion of Laketown with Smaug, Bain, Alfrid, a few dwarves, and possibly another Bard. It just makes sense.

79018 Hobbit 8 - 858 pieces. $129.99 (USD) $119.99 (CAD) This will be Erebor, or at least the inside. It will have lots of compartments for gold and will include the forges. If we assume Smaug will be included in Lake Town then I think this set will have Thorin, Bilbo, Fili, and Kili in armor, and Bolg, Azog (with a new face print), maybe Thranduil in armor. And probably Gandalf.

Confirmed = Smaug, Galadriel, Elrond, Bain, Dain, Bolg

I don't believe Bolg was ever confirmed.

Edited by Floundie

And Andrew from Bzpower has also kindly provided us with exact prices and piece counts. Which gives me a theory on the second biggest set.

79015 Hobbit 5 - 101 pieces. $14.99 (USD) $15.99 (CAD) We know this one is the Dol Guldur set. It will have a small rock formation and Galadriel, Elrond in armor, and glow in the dark Witch King.

79016 Hobbit 6 - 313 pieces. $29.99 (USD) $34.99 (CAD) I think this one is very likely to be the battle pack of the wave. Maybe with Dain, three iron hill dwarves and two orcs.

79017 Hobbit 7 - 471 pieces. $59.99 (USD) $84.99 (CAD) Now here is my theory. 471 pcs is (almost) exactly the piece count of Lake Town Chase. That was $60 CAD. The only thing that could justify a whopping $85 price tag is the inclusion of a molded SMAUG. This is why I am sure the second biggest set will be a portion of Laketown with Smaug, Bain, Alfrid, a few dwarves, and possibly another Bard. It just makes sense.

79018 Hobbit 8 - 858 pieces. $129.99 (USD) $119.99 (CAD) This will be Erebor, or at least the inside. It will have lots of compartments for gold and will include the forges. If we assume Smaug will be included in Lake Town then I think this set will have Thorin, Bilbo, Fili, and Kili in armor, and Bolg, Azog (with a new face print), maybe Thranduil in armor. And probably Gandalf.

Oh he wasn't, i just hope so he will be one day :wink:

What? 858 pieces for $129?

Okay, yeah something weird's going on with both of those sets. And CAD $120 has to be a typo.

you do know that set 6 is Lake-Town right? Not set 7

That wasn't confirmed either.

It is confirmed by the people who went to London Toy Fair

Not that i don't like your idea's, they sound good. but just leave Bolg, Azog, Fili and Kili out of Erebor and put in Smaug!

Then you wont hear me :)

Edited by kevkipo