just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

So thats it until what? SDCC :D

2 months till the game releases, 3 more till sdcc then 3 more till sets release. (for al we know the sets can get pushed back to december)

The videogame traiers and screenshots will proapbly show us waht some figures look like, and the bonus stage in the game might show us a general idea of the shape of the sets.

2 months till the game releases, 3 more till sdcc then 3 more till sets release. (for al we know the sets can get pushed back to december)

The videogame traiers and screenshots will proapbly show us waht some figures look like, and the bonus stage in the game might show us a general idea of the shape of the sets.

Yeah... you are right!

But what about the ''sneak preview'' we discussed earlier?

I think thats just a way lego invites cartain fansites to come see their toy fair stuff.

Mother :cry_sad:

i can cry so loud right now!

i hate Lego now :angry: at least i want to see GOTG... thats a thing.

20140216-073143.jpgNotice that it says continue the adventure, and not: "the journey concludes in 2014" proapbly means nothing, but atleast they have changed

Edited by deskp

That's a sick, cruel joke :thumbdown: Why the heck were they shown at the London Toy Fair if they now even push them back to December??? :damn: This just gets better and better, now I really wish the sets wouldn't have been shown at the LTF :angry:

That's a sick, cruel joke :thumbdown: Why the heck were they shown at the London Toy Fair if they now even push them back to December??? :damn: This just gets better and better, now I really wish the sets wouldn't have been shown at the LTF :angry:

Maybe the need time to make a better smaug head than the awful inaccurate thing we saw from the videogame art.

You would hope this "delay" would lead to more acccuracy overall, but i doubt it

@deskp: I doubt that too :sadnew: Since there won't be anything to discuss for the next 5 months, this thread might as well be temporarily closed :cry_sad:

The videogame will msot definetley show us some more or less final minifigure designs.

So now the 2014 Lego Hobbit wave is pushed back from October to December? Is that right? I was kind of hoping if we saw a third LotR wave it would be a January or March release, but if the third Hobbit wave isn't until December who knows. The third LotR probably won't be until summer 2015 at the earliest (if there even is a third wave)? I guess it makes sense though, to release the last Hobbit wave with the movie. It's just going to suck waiting a whole year for ANY Middle-Earth Lego sets :hmpf_bad:

So now the 2014 Lego Hobbit wave is pushed back from October to December? Is that right? I was kind of hoping if we saw a third LotR wave it would be a January or March release, but if the third Hobbit wave isn't until December who knows. The third LotR probably won't be until summer 2015 at the earliest (if there even is a third wave)? I guess it makes sense though, to release the last Hobbit wave with the movie. It's just going to suck waiting a whole year for ANY Middle-Earth Lego sets :hmpf_bad:

if there is a 3rd lotr wave it could be released before summer 2015, I mean theres only 4 hobbit sets, thats kindof half a normal wave...

Right, but the past two Middle-Earth waves have only been four sets each (and the one D2C Orthanc) and they were still six months apart. I would love a March release for the third LotR but I doubt anything sooner would be likely since that would be only 3 months or less between releases.

At least the Hobbit in the end will have a very well rounded collection of sets. I'm sure the final 4 Hobbit sets will be awesome. As of now we can't say the same for LotR.

I can see a scenario where the first wave LOTR sets and many early hobbit sets will become scarce and valuable with demand far outweighing supply....then new sets will arrive next year and the whole line will be reinvigorated.

Didn't brick fanatics report about seeing that same sign in London? My mind seems to be going, and perhaps mixing my themes. Can't find the quote I remember reading.

I think that a December release makes more sense anyway. I imagine the second wave did really good over the holidays and was part of the reason for the change. As for how it would affect a third TLoR wave is really anyone's guess. It really comes down to,TLG's schedule.

Edited by Darth Punk

From what I remember they did and they mentioned about the hobbit line being evergreen.

That was never said... :look:

Well if they had no idea whats happening with LOTR... maybe they need more time to develope sets and fit them in production line (assuming people who said that decision about continuing LOTR was not yet done)

Even IF Hobbit sets were released in October I cannot see LOTR being released any sooner than summer (as wave 1 and 2)

That was never said... :look:

I think it said so in the retailer catalogue, but that was jsut as a selling point to retailers, not a statement about its future with lego.

I think it said so in the retailer catalogue, but that was jsut as a selling point to retailers, not a statement about its future with lego.

Exactly... it was meant as LOTR/Hobbit being evergreen as works of ''art'' or better works of literature and its impact they had on it....

Not as LEGO theme.

Yeah I think you are correct. And I think the reference was more of linking it to the castle line.

What does evergreen mean that everyone is talking about?

In lego termns its a theme that stays around forever/keep returning and doesent go out of style. Like star wars or city.