BrickG

BrickShow video reviews

I beleive there was a guy called "Brick Truth" or something along those lines that exposed some LEGO Youtubers for their various money grabbing attempts, and other various things like Brickqueen's ban from Cuusoo.

Edited by Lance

I don't think they're all that bad. They were the first Lego reviewers I've seen on YouTube and they do their job. Their style's corny, yes, but that's part of the charm, and honestly, I think they do a decent job showing off a set and the minifigures. That said, there are definitely better reviewers on YouTube and even here on Eurobricks who go more in-depth with things (Like new pieces or interesting build techniques) than TBS, but I really don't see why some folks hate them with a burning passion. My only big gripe with them is a gripe I have with a lot of YouTube reviewers: They never really point out any flaws aside from personal ticks (Like the Mines of Moria only having 4 members of the Fellowship), which makes me think they're giving an advertisement without pointing things out that need to have attention called to them. Other than that, they seem like decent guys who love Lego just as much as we do, and that's surely not a bad thing at any rate.

Hey All!

I am Jason from The Brick Show. I very much appreciate all of the feedback that you all have provided here. I will be the first to admit that we are not perfect people and will continue to strive to do a better job as we continue to grow. We know very well that video is a tough platform to seek perfection on and the YouTube audience is....well, I think we all know by just reading comments on any video there. Unfortunately, video does not allow us to go back and edit a section as a blog or written review would allow us to do.

I will speak to the questions about why 'some' may not like us. We have held a tougher policy from the start about the comments, cyber-bullying, spam and other behavior on our YouTube videos. Two (that I know of) YouTube users that are on this thread we banned from commenting on our channel because of excessive spam on our videos ("please check out my channel") on over 30 of our videos and the other for excessive profanity and cyber-bullying. There is a number of folks that use eurobricks alot and fall into this category. After being banned they, well, are not happy about it.

We understand that comes with the territory. People get upset and take things too far. We do also have a forgiveness policy if we are contacted directly.

To clear up another question about faking likes. That is completely untrue.

I would suggest that if anyone have a question about us, it's always best to go directly to the person and ask them. Don't take someone else's word about a person they have never met.

As for our style, of course, it's not for everyone. Are we goofy sometimes, corny, yes! We try to have fun with our show and keep it light. I understand that some take LEGO very serious, which we respect, but that's just not our personality. We love toys. We love that we get to do what we do. We are two big kids that just like to have fun.

We have met alot of fans at Brick Fairs and we appreciate the time we do get to spend with you all. We love that at these shows we get to put faces to usernames and talk lego, laugh and hang out. Hope to meet more of you in the future. I promise, we are not as corny and obnoxious in person. :classic:

For those reading in the UK, we did just get invited to speak at the LEGO Show in London. Hope to meet some of you there! (http://www.thelegoshow.com/)

Thank you again for both your compliments and your criticism. We take all these things into consideration when we try to make our channel better. We read eurobricks more than you may know. It's a great platform.

Jason

Kudos for what you are doing Jason, apart from the little mistakes in building the models i really enjoy your reviews ! Keep them coming !

Kudos for what you are doing Jason, apart from the little mistakes in building the models i really enjoy your reviews ! Keep them coming !

Thanks Freekysch, appreciate the reply!

I can live with the brick show, I just wish that they go deeper into their reviews, all they talk about is the figs and some of the playability, I want to know special parts that come in the set and if the pieces are good for mocs, NOT ONLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!

Hey All!

I am Jason from The Brick Show. I very much appreciate all of the feedback that you all have provided here. I will be the first to admit that we are not perfect people and will continue to strive to do a better job as we continue to grow. We know very well that video is a tough platform to seek perfection on and the YouTube audience is....well' date=' I think we all know by just reading comments on any video there. Unfortunately, video does not allow us to go back and edit a section as a blog or written review would allow us to do.

I will speak to the questions about why 'some' may not like us. We have held a tougher policy from the start about the comments, cyber-bullying, spam and other behavior on our YouTube videos. Two (that I know of) YouTube users that are on this thread we banned from commenting on our channel because of excessive spam on our videos ("please check out my channel") on over 30 of our videos and the other for excessive profanity and cyber-bullying. There is a number of folks that use eurobricks alot and fall into this category. After being banned they, well, are not happy about it.

We understand that comes with the territory. People get upset and take things too far. We do also have a forgiveness policy if we are contacted directly.

I would suggest that if anyone have a question about us, it's always best to go directly to the person and ask them. Don't take someone else's word about a person they have never met.

As for our style, of course, it's not for everyone. Are we goofy sometimes, corny, yes! We try to have fun with our show and keep it light. I understand that some take LEGO very serious, which we respect, but that's just not our personality. We love toys. We love that we get to do what we do. We are two big kids that just like to have fun.

We have met alot of fans at Brick Fairs and we appreciate the time we do get to spend with you all. We love that at these shows we get to put faces to usernames and talk lego, laugh and hang out. Hope to meet more of you in the future. I promise, we are not as corny and obnoxious in person. :classic:

For those reading in the UK, we did just get invited to speak at the LEGO Show in London. Hope to meet some of you there! (http://www.thelegoshow.com/)

Thank you again for both your compliments and your criticism. We take all these things into consideration when we try to make our channel better. We read eurobricks more than you may know. It's a great platform.

Jason

[/quote']

Thanks Jason. It is good that you are enhancing the feedback and looking to improve. Learning from your mistakes is a very important life lesson!

Anyways, I might go to that thing in the O2 Arena! Sounds great!

Hey All!

I am Jason from The Brick Show. I very much appreciate all of the feedback that you all have provided here. I will be the first to admit that we are not perfect people and will continue to strive to do a better job as we continue to grow. We know very well that video is a tough platform to seek perfection on and the YouTube audience is....well, I think we all know by just reading comments on any video there. Unfortunately, video does not allow us to go back and edit a section as a blog or written review would allow us to do.

Jason

Glad to hear some input straight from the horse's mouth. I personally like the corny style, and to be honest, if I ever began making reviews, I'd do the same thing. As I said in my post, you guys were the first Lego reviewers I came across aside from guys like Leokimvideo (Good friend of mine) or Brick Queen, and you do a great job appealing to everyone, both KFOLs and AFOLs alike. Keep on rockin, friend.

On a personal note, I'm a fellow Georgia resident. Small world isn't it?

Well it has been a while since I last watched the Brick Show, but I do remember the goofy style well enough. I'm fine with such a style though. After all, their videos involve adults reviewing LEGO sets, which are intended to be children's toys; a goofy style makes perfect sense for such a show.

The only gripe I ever truly had with Brick Show videos was that they seemed to have a habit of assembling minifigures incorrectly. That aside, I was always fine with their videos.

One thing I have to comment on, is I see a lot of complaints about them reviewing licensed sets without knowing the source material. Reading some (obviously, since reading) non-video reviews on various sites, I gotta say, have any of you guys read any Clone Wars set reviews on a certain Star Wars-centric Lego site? 'cause wow. :laugh: They make Brick Show look like scholars by comparison; prefacing every review with "i've never seen Clone Wars" and then going on about not getting the logic behind the fig designs/set build/etc.

One thing I have to comment on, is I see a lot of complaints about them reviewing licensed sets without knowing the source material. Reading some (obviously, since reading) non-video reviews on various sites, I gotta say, have any of you guys read any Clone Wars set reviews on a certain Star Wars-centric Lego site? 'cause wow. :laugh: They make Brick Show look like scholars by comparison; prefacing every review with "i've never seen Clone Wars" and then going on about not getting the logic behind the fig designs/set build/etc.

The Brick Show is typically pretty good in stuff they obviously have deep history with and love for. Star Wars being the big example. Not as detailed as some around here, but more than sufficient to task. The farther they get from their personal knowledge the stranger the pronunciations and such can get. Case in point Super Heroes. While I think Jason and Steven like comics and have read some, they aren't the deeply entrenched comic geeks that some are. I write it all off as part of the cheesy charm. It's still better than someone's 5 year old schrieking at me doing a review. (Hint video reviewers, the kids as co reviewer can be cute, these are toys after all, but it's a gimmick for which a little goes a long way, if you get my drift.)

I don't see anything wrong with money grabbing of this nature. Trying to make a living off something you love isn't something I can really attack. If there's stealing and other criminal-like things going on then fine. But... as a capitalist if they're doing it morally what's wrong with money grabbing? :P

Brickshow is fine. Biggest reason I like them is, as Jason said above, I can see that he likes toys as much as we (or at least I) do, that's important for me. And they are not ranting over Lego in any means. I mean seriously, everyone in some part of their life of Lego should have met some other Lego fan who keep bragging about how good his collection etc etc, they are not like that.

And I like their videos really. They don't just have review videos, they have comparison videos which is really important before buying some certain sets and some old set reviews which is always nice to see for people who do not have them.

Oh well, bottom line is I like their attitude really. Some might find them not thorough enough with reviews but I'm fine with the way they work.

My number one YouTube reviewer is 'Brickformula' who does an amazing job, reviews the set, shows the box, shows the contents of each of the bags as well! Very thorough, and a timelapse build of each part of the set. There are always some funny comments or animations going on in the background too, but doesn't detract from the content of the review. I wish he would do some more reviews, nothing new for a few months now.

If I am going to spend time on a video, it is to learn about a set to decide if its something I want or not. I want knowledge, not antics or stupidity..

I only subscribe to Brickformula, Jangbricks, ArtifexCreation, and yes, BrickQueen...last resort if there is something the others haven't done a review.

Jangbricks is just too long winded for me most of the time, he can talk at least an extra 5 minutes on something and really say nothing...LOL

I have seen a few Brick Show reviews, but I don't think I have ever made it all the way through one yet..I can't take it! haha....

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I've seen 90% of all Brick Show video reviews. I love their style, especially the corniness, it keeps it light and fun. To me, the reviews are both informative and entertaining, which is great.

Another one I really love is Jangbricks, some might think he's a bit long winded [which he is at some points, but not too often] but very thorough, plus he's been doing all the Classic Space sets, which I grew up on ! Nostalgia !!

Jason and Stephen, keep doing what you're doing, but don't make it too commercial in nature.

For BrickShowTV I prefer Jason over Steven. I fact, I wouldn't mind if Steven never did another review.

Jason's flow is much better IMO.

I get the vibe that The BrickShow is aimed more at the youngsters.

All the more reason then they need to work on editing down some of their reviews. Tendency to repeat the same information, worded in a different way; summary is sometimes longer than the main review.

5-7 minutes should be ample time for what they're covering. More than that and you risk losing your audience.