Rick

71006 The Simpsons House (Press Release)

Hi. Just finished bag 4 and got an extra door, checked other bags and they has their own doors and frames so where do this goes? There are already 2 doors fitted.

Also I am missing a apron for Marge, where do this pack in? Do it come in small cardboard box?

What do I do?

Daniel.

Hi. Just finished bag 4 and got an extra door, checked other bags and they has their own doors and frames so where do this goes? There are already 2 doors fitted.

Also I am missing a apron for Marge, where do this pack in? Do it come in small cardboard box?

What do I do?

Daniel.

It should be in the cardboard with Lisa's skirt if I'm not mistaken.

... But, I am a little bummed out that the floor plan does not match up with that from the show. It is missing the dinning room, living room, Maggie’s room, a bathroom or two, and the rumpus room.

I'm doing something similar but there's a problem. The house is bigger on the inside!

I was thinking about this the other night (my family and I are in the midst of building the set); The problem is not only the space - the outside is built to a good scale, and will look nice in my city (eventually), but the layout of the house in the show itself has only a few consistencies, with many things varying from show to show depending on what they need it to be (including, as BrickG points out, copious amounts of interior space that don't really match the outside), but even given the things that are consistent, the only "right" one in this set is the garage.

I realize to really fully do it right it would be a $500 set, but it seems fairly disappointing as a "play" set, and I'd rather have paid less for something like an early modular that was more facade than playable (but then I'm an adult and want the set for displaying anyway).

I also do not like the tired eyes they all seem to have, and prefer the CMF versions. I think it would have been cool for the car to better, and to have a version of Marge's hair bent to put in the car (as it's done in the show).

Speaking of Marge and Lisa, I'm not a big fan of those skirts. If they were one unit wider so that they overlapped when wrapped around, they wouldn't be so... "revealing." And Marge can't sit down (or in the car) wearing it. Would have been better printed on the legs (as far as playability goes).

So... don't want to insult the designer; given constraints he was probably working with, it turned out really great for a $200 set, and some of the things (like the skirts) are just par for course for TLG (they would have been that way in a $500 set, too). The overall outside design of the house is spectacular, IMO, a perfect minifig illusion scale of the Simpsons House.

It's one of those things where I'm glad I got the set, it's definitely worth the price to a Simpsons fan... given the price per part, it's probably worth it for a non-Simpsons fan, but being a Simpsons fan (and nerd), deviations from the show stick out like a sore thumb.

While I'm "ranting," I was a little disappointed at the instructions, too. Given three books, I thought it would make for a good family build (we often build modulars together), but the latter books depend on the earlier instructions being completed (to a large enough exent) that made it difficult. I realize they don't design with that in mind, but I think on sets like this they should. It works great for modulars, it would have worked great here.

Edited by fred67

I'm not planning on going crazy redesigning stuff, but I am going to add the extra bit above the garage, and I'm going to stick in a bedroom for Maggie. I just wish there was someplace to put the unfortunately missing dining room.

outstanding house design ( exterior and interior ), but ugly minifigures....i never liked simpson,,,,but this house is indeed a very complete house!

Never watched the Simpsons, but was tempted by the house for my city, so ended up asking my sister for it as 3 birthdays' worth of presents. Felt quite underwhelmed when I built it; the building process wasn't as fun or challenging as modulars to me (I'm used to those) and the minifigures were hideous (again, I think the cartoon versions are fine, but the minifigs themselves have creepy bulging eyes and leery grins, like psychopathic child molesters).

Of course, it all looked pretty cool when I finished; love the final appearance of the house, and it'll fit well in the suburbs of my city next to my Haunted House (I only collect large buildings). Will wait for Lego to release more large houses before I expand the area.

One issue I had was that when I joined the house and garage together, the roof plate of the garage that's right next to the house gets pushed up slightly, so it doesn't sit properly. The front looks ok, but the back's definitely crooked. Anyone else had this issue, and any idea how to solve it? Or is it a design flaw?

Edited by Jern92

Just finished bag 4 and I'm missing a tonne of pieces.. the 4 teal 2x2 plates that form the base of the carpet in the living room and the single teal 2x2 plate that's the base of the telephone.  Also all the slopes for the kitchen chair backs are missing..  and the 1x1 bricks at the bottom of each of the kitchen table legs.

I just ordered this set from Lego 2 wks ago too, I wonder if I should call it in now, or finish building the other bags..

1 hour ago, Taiphun said:

Just finished bag 4 and I'm missing a tonne of pieces.. the 4 teal 2x2 plates that form the base of the carpet in the living room and the single teal 2x2 plate that's the base of the telephone.  Also all the slopes for the kitchen chair backs are missing..  and the 1x1 bricks at the bottom of each of the kitchen table legs.

I just ordered this set from Lego 2 wks ago too, I wonder if I should call it in now, or finish building the other bags..

You should build the rest of the bags, that way if there are any more missing pieces, you could order them all at once from Bricks and Pieces.

Edited by PickleManDan

On 11/19/2016 at 11:19 PM, Taiphun said:

If you bought this straight from LEGO, build it all, make a list of the missing pieces, and give LEGO Customer Service a call. They'll make it right for you, or at least, so is my experience. If you bought from a different retailer, you could do the same but I would be curious to hear which retailer it was ..... many random pieces missing is not something that would happen to LEGO typically, more likely of a clone brand. If this came from another retailer I'm wondering if someone didn't by chance do a swapperoo with the contents.