Sign in to follow this  
jfbat

MOC: Ambulance

My city has gathered an abundance of Fire Brigade vehicles and isn't short on Police vehicles too (especially police bikes, went from 0 to 3 in the last few months). But it only had 1 ambulance, from the Starter Set from this year. And that's seriously small.

So it was time we upgraded to something more serious. Something substantial in size. Something that would not only have space for the driver and about three-quarters of a patient, but for a complete patient and an extra nurse too. And some stuff to keep the patient alive.

So the challenge was to build a large format ambulance. To provide the space neeed, the back had to be 7-wide. Also: that would look more like the larger amulances around here. This provided some challenges, but in the end I got there.

So here it is: my city's new ambulance!

ambu1.jpg

ambu2.jpg

ambu3.jpg

Space for a stretcher and a cupboard for medical supplies.

ambu4.jpg

Front view of the back end, with a seat and monitoring equipment for the nurse.

Thats a good looking ambulance! I really like how you got all that in such little space.

And the asymmetry works very well.

You fit a lot into the small space - well done. I need to get myself some of those cupboards.

I really like the step-up, step-down of the back bumper. Makes up for the lack of the side-patient door.

In my town all the ambulances have been replaced by county-owned Fire-Rescue Hybrids. So...even larger format (9-wide?) - which is cool, until you have a stack of them in the front yard for a routine call. You'd think the world was ending with all the lights and the firemen and the paramedics.

That's a pretty good ambulance design there 'jfbat', I like how you have packed in the detailing.

Excellent work and Brick On 'jfbat' ! :grin:

Wow, this is really good! Not only does the exterior look great and like it should, but the interior is well detailed and has what is required to save those precious minifig's lives!!

Great work and happy building :laugh: