CM4Sci

LEGO The Hobbit Videogame

same here got my game copy (PS3) today with good morning bilbo and all 3 DLCs. :laugh: played all the levels 2player-mode had to restart levels twice, because the the game just stopped and the screen froze in. In the first level one of the caracters was trapped behind a door. I came under the map once fell and fell and died. But i had the same bug in lego lotr, too. the difference was i could walk under all of middle earth and that was fun. I think its ok and fun if there are some gliches in the game. But its not fun if your screen freezes and you have to restart particulary if youre in a level :hmpf_bad: . That doesn't mean i don't like the game. Actually i :wub: it

Game.co.uk has an offer on the game with Bilbo minifig. When ordering, use the voucher code HAIRYFEET to get an extra £5 off the price. Also, if you buy the game, you can get The Desolation of Smaug blu-ray half price.

Doesnt work for my, Do you know if this is still valid?

So what's the deal with the DLC packs? All I've seen about them are those images that were posted here. Were some retailers giving them out with pre-order or purchase?

I bought the PS3 version of the game from Gamestop to get the Bilbo minifig but didn't see any mention of the DLC. They're available for purchase in the store I assume?

Edited by bachamn

So what's the deal with the DLC packs? All I've seen about them are those images that were posted here. Were some retailers giving them out with pre-order or purchase?

I bought the PS3 version of the game from Gamestop to get the Bilbo minifig but didn't see any mention of the DLC. They're available for purchase in the store I assume?

it was certain stores giving it out with pre orders, they usuay ebcome available to buy a while after like a month or more

Doesnt work for my, Do you know if this is still valid?

Unfortunately, £5 off offer has expired. You can still get The Desolation of Smaug blu-ray for half-price if you order the game though.

Arrive home from work today and finally have some time to play a bit of LEGO Hobbit.

Log on.

210MB update patch; 3 days after launch.

:hmpf_bad:

Unfortunately, £5 off offer has expired. You can still get The Desolation of Smaug blu-ray for half-price if you order the game though.

Finally got round to ordering one, Would have liked £5 off but oh well. Also did anyone else get a code inside there DVD allowing you to use Sauron as a playable character? As i dont hve x-box live im not sure if i can use it so i may sell it?

Finally got round to ordering one, Would have liked £5 off but oh well. Also did anyone else get a code inside there DVD allowing you to use Sauron as a playable character? As i dont hve x-box live im not sure if i can use it so i may sell it?

Yes I too noticed the code to play as Sauron in the DVD, however I have yet to purchase the game but I look forward to it. :classic:

I have a code from the Lego Club Magazine

I unlocked Alfrid with it, i don't know if it is a random character you get

FAVZTR (That is the code)

Edited by kevkipo

I have a code from the Lego Club Magazine

I unlocked Alfrid with it, i don't know if it is a random character you get

FAVZTR (That is the code)

That's all well and good, but that code is undoubtedly a code that can only be used once, and seeing as you have used the code it is now useless. I suppose the knowledge of this code existing in LEGO Club Magazine will be helpful for the people who are LEGO Club members and who have this game.

That's all well and good, but that code is undoubtedly a code that can only be used once, and seeing as you have used the code it is now useless. I suppose the knowledge of this code existing in LEGO Club Magazine will be helpful for the people who are LEGO Club members and who have this game.

No and no, This page is only printed once wich means everyone has this excact code with his magazine.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure everyone would have a different code. It wouldn't make sense for everyone to have the exact same code. Surely it would need to be different for everyone to ensure that each code isn't used multiple times? And if every magazine does have the same code, that would surely mean that everyone unlocks the same character as well. Again, I don't have the magazine or the game, so am just speaking based on what I consider to be logical in this scenario.

*EDIT* This was supposed to quote above post.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure everyone would have a different code. It wouldn't make sense for everyone to have the exact same code. Surely it would need to be different for everyone to ensure that each code isn't used multiple times? And if every magazine does have the same code, that would surely mean that everyone unlocks the same character as well. Again, I don't have the magazine or the game, so am just speaking based on what I consider to be logical in this scenario.

It doesn't sound like a DLC or exclusive character or anything. Traditionally in LEGO games all the regular in-game characters have codes you can just look up online to unlock.

You can't sell it but you can PM it to me....... :grin:

Pwetty pweeeeeeease?

Sauron is in the game for everyone.. If you want him quick you google the cheat code for him.

Picked my pre-order to find out that it dosn't work on my computer :(

There goes $50

Can't you return it with the receipt

Don't think so as it was a pre-order and an online activation PC game.

I now have EB Games for not being clear about what the actual product is... Going back tomorrow -as they're closed now- and well report 'bout what happened :hmpf_bad:

Going back tomorrow -as they're closed now- and well report 'bout what happened :hmpf_bad:

Good luck; but every PC game includes a list of minimum system requirements printed on the packaging. If your machine does in fact meet these requirements and still won't play the game, that indicates some software-related issue on your machine (not really the fault of the game devs or the store you bought it from)

Most businesses are probably going to say this when you return it for the reasons you mentioned, and most I know won't accept returns on opened media (music, games, movies, etc.) so hopefully it's not opened (or activated?)

Edited by bachamn

Played through a few levels today, Love the game, From what i have seen so far its a great all rounder with some nice twists (like the various dwarf team ups), And amazing narration by Christopher lee, Just a few questions i have

Would you guys say the map is as big as LOTR as i like a decent size map and LOTR felt just right.

Also does anyone know how to increase the writing size as i cant read a word of it its so small.

Edited by The Joker1

@Bachamn

Thats the thing, I havn't even opened it cause I bought it primarily for my mac. I do have a windows but steam dosnt work on it

Well a win-win situation :D

They gave me back the money and let me keep Bilbo :)

Nice! Yeah if it was unopened there's no reason they shouldn't take it back, and that's awesome you got to keep the minifig! Not that I'd you know, do that intentionally or anything, but the game will be a lot cheaper after a few months, and honestly I don't have a lot of time to play it right now so I essentially paid full price to be sure I got the figure. Makes sense that they wouldn't ask you to return a promo item.

Edited by bachamn

I ran into a nice Game of Thrones reference in one of the quests, forgot what the mithril quest was called though.

The dwarf that gave me the quest asked for a mithril snow slingshot or something for "his friend Jon, who knows nothing... about snow." :grin:

Edited by Cammo

100% finished it today, I am a bit disappointed they didn't give me anything for it. (Lego LOTR had the secret ending.)

If anyone else did all the quests, Is it just me or did anyone else find the 'Mom Boss' battles really repetitive and just annoying. I mean once is enough, but twice, thrice, then all three again???

That being said I'm looking forward to the final part of the game, even if it is eight months away...