badbob001

Hero Factory: robots built by/for robots?

I think it's implied that the robots were initially built by someone else a long time in the past, then quickly began to just build each other, a process which has continued up to the present (in-story).

I think it's implied that the robots were initially built by someone else a long time in the past, then quickly began to just build each other, a process which has continued up to the present (in-story).

I haven't seen a lot of hints to this effect, honestly. Even the most ancient characters in the story are still robots themselves, and there aren't any hints I recall of non-robot forerunners.

So really, the most we can assume is that for all of recorded history in the HF universe, any new robots have been created by other robots. Before that, all bets are off.

I dont think TLG has developed HF lore that far into the past. What I imagine is the simple concept that in the HF universe, the only sentient beings are the robots who live with organic creatures/animals. How this came to be is still unexplained.

I haven't seen a lot of hints to this effect, honestly. Even the most ancient characters in the story are still robots themselves, and there aren't any hints I recall of non-robot forerunners.

So really, the most we can assume is that for all of recorded history in the HF universe, any new robots have been created by other robots. Before that, all bets are off.

I suppose to. I guess my wording was wrong; I should've said "possible" instead of "implied"... didn't really think that one through. :P

For some reason, after reading the title, I was expecting to see a Mindstorms MoC that can assemble HF sets.

I'm just going to go with my explanation and say that all the robots that weren't built (service bots, Heroes, etc) are, indeed, organic. It's just that they've evolved over time to form mechanical-like bodies. This makes it easy for them to copy their bodies to make functioning robots out of inorganic material.

Then Quaza came around and allowed them the ability to implement AI into the robots. Because Quaza's magic.

I'm just going to go with my explanation and say that all the robots that weren't built (service bots, Heroes, etc) are, indeed, organic. It's just that they've evolved over time to form mechanical-like bodies. This makes it easy for them to copy their bodies to make functioning robots out of inorganic material.

Then Quaza came around and allowed them the ability to implement AI into the robots. Because Quaza's a Drug that villains fight for.

*cough

*cough

Witch Doctor's the only character who ever fought for Quaza or used it in a remotely drug-like way. And that story arc wasn't nearly as much of a drug abuse allegory as Ordeal of Fire, in which the villains were literally addicted to power. In Witch Doctor's story arc he's basically just a madman who wants to stockpile Quaza for... reasons.

I just kinda figured from the surrounding fiction like the web content and advertisements that the organic folks were all conveniently off-screen due to budget constraints.

I just kinda figured from the surrounding fiction like the web content and advertisements that the organic folks were all conveniently off-screen due to budget constraints.

I dunno. The web content DOES imply that planets with organic life (including some weird planet called Earth) exist in the HF universe, but at the same time, most of the promotional material describes Makuhero City, at least, as a city of living robots.