mattman

Our Fairytales display for Brisbricks 2013

Howdy all :)

It's show time for us, and that means a new display. We've participated in shows before as part of other displays, but only this year have we had our own spot. We did a smaller show earlier in the year but decided it needed to be bigger and better ;)

Well, here's the display

10082944535_0de91615ef.jpg

Brisbricks 2013 by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

It's a 3x5 baseplate area, bottom layer has a train loop, with a mining scene at the front. It's also got blacklights and some trans-neon stuff that goes crazy in the lights :) The train is pulling mine carts which also have some trans-neon amongst normal gems/precious minerals.

10083359313_2c17757115.jpg

LEGO w/ Blacklights by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

Up top is another train loop, which runs through a tunnel at the back of the display. In keeping with the fairytale theme I decided to make it a pumpkin carriage - all runs on 9V track still!

10082870255_716312ba04.jpg

Pumpkin carriage by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

On top of the display there's a large castle which the carriage runs in to, plus about 10 other little fairytale scenes.

10083014743_a4a0e03af4.jpg

Jack and jill by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

10082847134_79d8bde960.jpg

Pied piper by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

10082910886_aed691b57d.jpg

Gingerbread house by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

No idea what happened to the last pic, blue studs are actually dark purple :/ Camera went weeeeiiiird.

Display opens to the public tomorrow, we're hoping to get a pretty good reaction, but it's not always easy to tell with this stuff.

Hope you all enjoy!

It's really well done and I'm sure it'll be much appreciated by the general public at Brisbricks!

Simply amazing everything about this set up is so perfect from the pumpkin carriage and the candy house and I love how the train can travel through the castle.

Show has been open for about an hour and seems to be going down a treat :-D glad you guys are liking it too!

This display is aaamaaazzingg!

It is a child's paradise.

The little ones just stand there with fingers pointing telling parents what they can see.

Two very talented builders.

Wow. Amazing work. I love the pumpkin carriage on tracks! And the lower train track with mine cars, really well done. What a wild build, fantastic in every meaning of the word.

This is an awesome layout! It was great to be able to see the real thing, too.

Thanks all - I expect this is only going to get better. Will probably be doing the rounds for a while yet. Too much work to junk it after one show :-P

M.