Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Those episodes were awesome! But I have a feeling that this series will just be like the first one with the skeletons. It feels like the plot is moving to quick for a full season. I really hope I am wrong.

EDIT: Wow, I have been knighted!

I had thought the same thing at first, but after having watched it a second time, I started to see why the story is at a quick pace. At this point, the Overlord is highly vulnerable in the digital realm, thus making him desperate and impatient. This explains why he sent an army of Nindroids and a mechdragon to stop the ninjas and capture Lloyd. Even though the nindroids look defeated, they felt unfinished to begin with, which could mean that the Overlord has a grander plan at work. For a character like the Overlord, he wouldn't be so reckless as to simply throw all his forces at his enemies to the point that renders him defenseless. Plus Wu is his hostage that feeds him everything there is to know about the ninja. My assumption is within the next 2-4 episodes, Lloyd will be captured, drained of his powers, the Nindroids become virtually indestructible and the Overlord may recreate his physical form, or adopt another technologically advanced body.

Where did you guys see these episodes? Were they online, if not then does anyone know if there are any online currently?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78889&st=950#entry1759885

Edited by Merc4hire95

I'm actually surprised that literally every single set of the Winter wave...

...have already been seen in action.

-Some more action scenes with General Cryptor, please!

-I'm sad that Dr. Julien is dead. I wonder if they'll ever touch back on that.

-Dareth!! (and Misako!!)

-I find Garmadon's incessant whining about weapons old already...

-The fact that Lloyd was traveling Ninjago was absolutely pointless...

-I love the development that PIXAL has been given. Even though she is currently shut down, I hope we can get a little more action from her.

-I'm very disappointed by the fact that OverBorg (Steve Jobs parody. Gotta love it.) is more or less The Overlord walking around with a Cyrus rag-doll on his back. I was hoping Cyrus would have had some more control.

Also, I'm really disappointed that Teletoon (once again!) got the episodes first! You'd think that the US (possibly the biggest market for Ninjago) would get them first. Kinda urks me, don't expect me to participate in any more of the crappy camera shots from the TV anymore. I don't wanna be spoiled.

I'm actually surprised that literally every single set of the Winter wave...

...have already been seen in action.

-Some more action scenes with General Cryptor, please!

-I'm sad that Dr. Julien is dead. I wonder if they'll ever touch back on that.

-Dareth!! (and Misako!!)

-I find Garmadon's incessant whining about weapons old already...

-The fact that Lloyd was traveling Ninjago was absolutely pointless...

-I love the development that PIXAL has been given. Even though she is currently shut down, I hope we can get a little more action from her.

-I'm very disappointed by the fact that OverBorg (Steve Jobs parody. Gotta love it.) is more or less The Overlord walking around with a Cyrus rag-doll on his back. I was hoping Cyrus would have had some more control.

Also, I'm really disappointed that Teletoon (once again!) got the episodes first! You'd think that the US (possibly the biggest market for Ninjago) would get them first. Kinda urks me, don't expect me to participate in any more of the crappy camera shots from the TV anymore. I don't wanna be spoiled.

From the looks of Cryptors advanced abilities I imagine he will definitely be returning sooner than the nindroids. I thought Lloyd's "touring" was just him training with sensei Garmadon. I believe Cyrus Borg only appeared as a rag doll on top of the Overlord chair because the Overlord was currently using his body for that moment because in epi.27, at the closing scenes, Cyrus Borg is in control of his transformed body as he was conscious(eyes were opened, was holding the handle bars, maintained balance etc.). Despite the camera issues, I am just really happy I got to see the episodes early, it beats having to wait another month.

Edited by Merc4hire95

[spoilerS] What I'm more interested in is that Overlord has a... coffin. And it doesn't look like it will take much of Lloyd's power to convert him back from the digital realm. I have a feeling Misako will be captured and that will make Lloyd angry and use his powers. Sad to see Misako and Dareth take some low roles, and it's insanely disappointing to know Ultra Dragon and Ultra Sonic Raider will take minimal part in this season for no real reason. Showing off everything seems absurd right now, but I hope they'll have a 26 episode year again. Really though this isn't new, every one of the 2012 wave 1 sets was in the show by Episode 3.

EDIT: I was relooking over the first episode... I'm pondering as to why Cyrus is saying that loss is no longer inevitable. In the context of the speech, that would imply... he may soon be able to people back from the dead? Maybe that's why the Overlord still needs him, because only Cyrus knows how. It also gives me a bit of hope, it means Julien could come back as with the First Spinjitzu Master. Currently though, it appears the device can only bring things back from the digital realm.

Edited by JayWalker

The episodes are nice, and the Mechdragon quite impressive for it's short time on-screen, but one question makes no sense to me: why would an evil overlord (THE Overlord, even) with thousands of years of experience, connect all of it's devices to a single powersource without even making a backup generator (or to put it in a way that would come up before the use of electricity and therefore one the Overlord should be more familiar with: "why would you rest all of your plans on one cornerstone")?

Edited by DraikNova

The episodes are nice, and the Mechdragon quite impressive for it's short time on-screen, but one question makes no sense to me: why would an evil overlord (THE Overlord, even) with thousands of years of experience, connect all of it's devices to a single powersource without even making a backup generator (or to put it in a way that would come up before the use of electricity and therefore one the Overlord should be more familiar with: "why would you rest all of your plans on one cornerstone")?

The Overlord doesn't exactly have much of a choice, the "storm lands" are probably very dangerous, like the Floating Ruins. But there was a back-up generator, long since-exhausted now, which was the Celestial Clock. Zane's also got... a power source of his own, which is completely unknown to even the Overlord himself. Furthermore, a "back-up generator" may not even be possible in NINJAGO, what fuel would it run on? And if it's the same thing as the power station seen, then maybe there's only enough power/lightning that can be captured, and the power station seen is using it all?

Edited by JayWalker

No, this is the Fourth Season. Season One were the pilot episodes, Season 2 was Rise of the Snakes - Day of The Great Devourer while Season 3 was Darkness Shall Rise - Rise of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Season Four will be The Surge - ??? Anyway, if we're lucky we'll get another Season by the end of the year. But right now they're laying down the framework for the current Season. Plot is brilliant right now, some pacing would be good though. Just slowing down a tad in-between scenes is all that's needed.

No, this is the Fourth Season. Season One were the pilot episodes, Season 2 was Rise of the Snakes - Day of The Great Devourer while Season 3 was Darkness Shall Rise - Rise of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Season Four will be The Surge - ??? Anyway, if we're lucky we'll get another Season by the end of the year. But right now they're laying down the framework for the current Season. Plot is brilliant right now, some pacing would be good though. Just slowing down a tad in-between scenes is all that's needed.

Oops, I knew this wasn't season 2, but I did think this was season 3, so I was off, just not way off. But these are the first episodes, right?

Indeed, they are. If you really want to you can call this Season 3, the discs are all referred to as Season 2 on the boxes, yet the "Training for /+ Final Battle" is officially regarded as Season 3. So technically this is Season 4.

EDIT: Also, I know I'm VERY late on acknowledging this, but is anyone else somewhat disturbed by the fact that this is the first time we've seen Garmadon actually wearing pants? (he may have been wearing black ones earlier, but it's not very obvious if so)

Edited by JayWalker

I have a feeling that there won't be another season after this one until the Movie premieres.

[spoilerS] Sad to see Misako and Dareth take some low roles, and it's insanely disappointing to know Ultra Dragon and Ultra Sonic Raider will take minimal part in this season for no real reason.

For the first two episodes maybe, but for now? Unconfirmed (You never know what kind of curveball, they'll throw).

(

) EDIT: I was relooking over the first episode... I'm pondering as to why Cyrus is saying that loss is no longer inevitable. In the context of the speech, that would imply... he may soon be able to people back from the dead? Maybe that's why the Overlord still needs him, because only Cyrus knows how. It also gives me a bit of hope, it means Julien could come back as with the First Spinjitzu Master. Currently though, it appears the device can only bring things back from the digital realm.

That is a very excellent observation.

Oops, I knew this wasn't season 2, but I did think this was season 3, so I was off, just not way off. But these are the first episodes, right?

Yes, these are the first two episodes of the new season, but in total they are episodes 27 and 28. In the US, the pilot episodes aren't considered a full season, so Rebooted is the US' Season 3.

Indeed, they are. If you really want to you can call this Season 3, the discs are all referred to as Season 2 on the boxes, yet the "Training for /+ Final Battle" is officially regarded as Season 3. So technically this is Season 4.

EDIT: Also, I know I'm VERY late on acknowledging this, but is anyone else somewhat disturbed by the fact that this is the first time we've seen Garmadon actually wearing pants? (he may have been wearing black ones earlier, but it's not very obvious if so)

This mad my day!

Also, remember that US has different terms for Seasons (again, Rebooted is Season 3 in the US).

I thought that I'd bring up something about the schedule for the series. Legends of Chima only aired three episodes during the winter season and released the rest of the first season later in the summer. This was due to certain sets being spoiled early on. I have a feeling that Ninjago (when it aires in the US) may suffer the same fate. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Good, so I wasn't crazy in thinking this was season 3. I'm currently on a Ninjago marathon (watching it on youtube) and you have no idea how badly I want the epic dragon battle now, and the freaking great devourer. But Penkid11, are you suggesting that the rest of Ninjago may air during the summer? Please don't give Lego any ideas! :laugh:

Don't worry, LEGO still has Epic Dragon Battle, Samurai Mech, Ultra Sonic Raider etc on S@H for a little while longer.

For the first two episodes maybe, but for now? Unconfirmed (You never know what kind of curveball, they'll throw).

I thought that I'd bring up something about the schedule for the series. Legends of Chima only aired three episodes during the winter season and released the rest of the first season later in the summer. This was due to certain sets being spoiled early on. I have a feeling that Ninjago (when it aires in the US) may suffer the same fate. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

I doubt that this is the case. Chima didn't air this early, and they've had a whole year working on these sets, and much of the art style was already finished before Summer last year. (partly evidenced by the Zane poster, Nindroid reflection etc) and not to mention NINJAGO has a lot of its sets already incorporated, I'm assuming part of the reason they aired Chima so late was because all of the sets made an appearance at the same time to remove spoilers on the upcoming sets. Whereas with NINJAGO, it's an epic build up-esque thing, not a hint-at-the-next-plot-subtly-so-we-can-get-away-with-a-bad-plot. As it is Chima has had trouble with its "peaceful" plot, and that may be why there's a shift towards an actual evil enemy, not just a bunch of furries riding on motorbikes worried about getting hit by a fog and turning evil. (I know that's not the plot of Chima) Anyway, I'm getting off-topic. NINJAGO has always had its TV show air in a sequence and not a give-you-one-episode-now-wait-six-months-for-the-next. Even Season 3 didn't have that going on, and that's the only season that could have a proper excuse for it anyway. NINJAGO has a habit of showing future sets early in their build-up anyway. In regards to the movie, I highly doubt that. You can't cram enough plot into a movie as you can a TV show. Especially a kid's movie that will only be 95-110 minutes long. NINJAGO's season have a combined total of 9 hours and 40 minutes, not including Season 4. That's 4 and a half ours a season, or 9 hours a year. That's cheaper to produce, and much more sustainable in terms of plot. With the usual grand amount of thing introduced in a single season's pilots, pacing will become a problem in a movie. The movie will likely be a side-plot, similar but not similar to the first half of Season 3. Season 3's overall plot wouldn't work as a movie, it's too much repetition. But the basis OF the first half, a few episodes in a side-plot that requires no sets, is what is required. That's not to say stopping the show for the movie would be a bad thing, but it's a bit of a stretch this time. It worked with the Pilot episode, but to a kid what's more cool? A TV show or a movie?

EDIT: sorry, forgot to talk about Dareth, Misako, Ultra Dragon etc. Ultra Dragon and Ultra Sonic Raider are too conspicuous, especially when the main basis is stealth. They may very well return for the finale, but it's unlikely. Misako is already off-screen, and she'll return soon enough to be a hostage or something. Dareth is just a plain slob now, he'll return soon enough as a comedy gag if Kruncha and Nuckal don't.

Edited by JayWalker

...Chima... a bunch of furries riding on motorbikes worried about getting hit by a fog and turning evil. (I know that's not the plot of Chima)

Never has that theme been given such an accurate description (considering fog is all that the outlands appear to be at the moment).

Anyway. Even if characters are sidelined they still have physical minifigure potential. I just don't want to see these characters... well...

pull a Dr. Julien

Edited by Penkid11

I just want Misako, so bad! And now that we have Pixal I don't think it's all that impossible, and did Lego actually stop making spinners? I think the reason they may have not done them in 2013 was because it wasn't supposed to be a "big" year for Ninjago. I read on this forum (I think it was a post by Oky) that spinners were cancelled. That would suck, because it would be a great outlet to own a Misako minifigure.

Never has that theme been given such an accurate description (considering fog is all that the outlands appear to be at the moment).

Anyway. Even if characters are sidelined they still have physical minifigure potential. I just don't want to see these characters... well...

pull a Dr. Julien

I didn't actually mean the Outlands, I meant the fog of destiny, but I actually agree on what you said there. That is so totally true. Yes, I hope the side-lined characters get a physical minifigure. Seeing as all of them (asides from possessed Garmy, of course) have parts already in use. Regarding Julien,

I don't think he'll be gone for a while. He's not incredibly important but SOMEONE has to fix Zane up and help Pixal out. At the end of the season, or during the next one, I think we'll see him return somehow.

Freddy, Misako isn't really the character to have her own spinner. She's a secondary, not-big-on-action character. This also belongs in the set discussion and I believe the reason the Spinners are gone is because LEGO is giving CHIMA one last chance to get its act together.

EDIT: Also, I believe it's not a huge spoiler what's happened to Julien. Most people will put two and two together anyway. But it's really not a big issue as a spoiler, it doesn't happen on-screen and it's not as huge a spoiler as what happens to the Overlord, etc.

Edited by JayWalker

The spinners might also be gone simply because Ninjago was expected to be losing its momentum by 2013 and they wanted to keep the set lineup for that year small. Obviously, TLG severely underestimated the theme's staying power, but in the meantime it's now had about a year to ACTUALLY lose momentum, so TLG doesn't want to risk another massive line of sets.

Overall, I don't really think we'll ever see the spinners again, as much as I loved them. Once a theme has been downscaled like this it's incredibly rare for it to simply bounce back to full strength. But of course, I won't discount the possibility that this might be a very different situation than previous themes.

I'm avoiding spoilers for right now because I want to see the episode in its intended quality! So sorry I can't join everyone in discussing the new episodes!

Edited by Aanchir

NINJAGO seems VERY popular right now for a line discontinued for a year. The line hasn't exactly been downscaled, it was with the 2013 wave and it's bounced back pretty well to get the TV show back and a full wave of sets, including an LE set and a promising future wave (considering they've started finalizing it already). It's coming back into mass-production, and the fact that LEGO would risk giving it a TV show that could potentially offset Chima's current effects is another thing to notice. This is really the first time this has ever happened in LEGO's history, there may be a time I'm unaware of but this is a VERY unique scenario, so I agree with you that we cannot discredit any theories at this time.

Toys R Us is currently holding a deal where if you buy, $10 worth of Ninjago sets, you get a free (and beautiful) double sided poster, as well as a "sneak peak" code that unlocks four and a half minutes of Episode 27: The Surge.

...perfect. And I just bought the Ninjacopter, too. Well, how long does the deal go for? Is it online? And what posters does it have? (also, this is better to be discussed in the set topic)

EDIT: gosh darnit, it's America only.

Edited by JayWalker

You aren't missing much. From the dropping of the elevator, to the Kai Fighter making a u-turn. That's all there is.

Grit your teeth and wait for the premier! :thumbup:

On the subject of spinners being cancelled, It most likely had to do with the Chima push on speeders and that the show started to stray away from the spinjitzu fighting and decided to focus more on the sets.

I was actually very delighted when I saw that the first two episodes of rebooted had brought back spinjitzu fighting. Now moving on to the fighting, the show has definitely been given a bigger budget as they had quite a lot of fast paced action scenes, I was especially impressed by the Zane and Cryptor fight at the end of Epi.2/Epi.28. I'm glad that the show has improved from there basic one punch=KO to actual fighting styles of spinjitzu and hand to hand combat. Not only has the action scenes improved but so did there stealth scenes that now include more strategy from the ninja and nindroids. So much awesomeness, I cant wait for the premiere.