Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

Either it fell or it shattered. Not surprising. Oftentimes, if you take an old artifact away from the place it lay for centuries, it'll become incredibly fragile. There's a boat that's needed to be continually doused in water since it's discovery for that reason.

Well, looks like it's safe to visit this thread again.

Half of my surprise for the last 2 episodes was taken from me due to Youtube thumbnails. But regardless, I still enjoyed them.

I really hope Nadakhan doesn't rinse and repeat his strategy over and over with the ninja, but at least if he does, we'll see some cool things from them, like Jay and Kai.

When Zane throws those... things... I think they're makeshift shurikens of Ice.

Because they have an ice effect, and they don't go poof after thrown.

The whole concept of "makeshift Golden Weapons" aren't new. If I recall, Kai has one in the Smash series.

Also, it's not surprising Zane has them. If you remember the deepstone suits, Zane's has some cryo-knives on it. It looks like the shurikens follow the same look they did.

I liked seeing Wyplash again, but I had really hoped he had a... Bone... To pick with Kai in particular. A bit of a wasted opportunity, but eh.

But what I really like of this season is how the guns used by the cops aren't lasers or something, but actual, modern guns. Same with Flintlocke.

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, looks like it's safe to visit this thread again.

Half of my surprise for the last 2 episodes was taken from me due to Youtube thumbnails. But regardless, I still enjoyed them.

I really hope Nadakhan doesn't rinse and repeat his strategy over and over with the ninja, but at least if he does, we'll see some cool things from them, like Jay and Kai.

When Zane throws those... things... I think they're makeshift shurikens of Ice.

Because they have an ice effect, and they don't go poof after thrown.

The whole concept of "makeshift Golden Weapons" aren't new. If I recall, Kai has one in the Smash series.

Also, it's not surprising Zane has them. If you remember the deepstone suits, Zane's has some cryo-knives on it. It looks like the shurikens follow the same look they did.

I liked seeing Wyplash again, but I had really hoped he had a... Bone... To pick with Kai in particular. A bit of a wasted opportunity, but eh.

But what I really like of this season is how the guns used by the cops aren't lasers or something, but actual, modern guns. Same with Flintlocke.

I think the supposed Shurikens of Ice were just regular shurikens that Zane imbued with his ice power... A bit like the Toa, he is channeling his elemental power through the weapon.

Nadakhan's way of trapping Kai, to me, was a bit meh, especially as it pretty much reused Clouse's entrapment. I was hoping for more unique ways to trap people, and my hopes were up after Misako's and Clouse's, but I was a bit disappointed with Kai's.

Also, glad that Enkrypted cleaned up the issue of wishing Nadakhan back in the lantern.

Just wondering, did anyone noticed that Jay is the only one who's wish didn't actually don't any harm to him? I mean, when he wish to be not born in a junkyard, nothing bad actually happened, he even find a book that can help him woo Nya. Also, Nadakhan seems mad after Jay " wish he wasn't alone with him. " And that wish was yet another wish that has done no harm. Perhaps that's why he's the main focus of this season.

Just wondering, did anyone noticed that Jay is the only one who's wish didn't actually don't any harm to him? I mean, when he wish to be not born in a junkyard, nothing bad actually happened, he even find a book that can help him woo Nya. Also, Nadakhan seems mad after Jay " wish he wasn't alone with him. " And that wish was yet another wish that has done no harm. Perhaps that's why he's the main focus of this season.

Yeah, I felt that Nadakhan was pretty annoyed his usual tricks didn't work on Jay (probably because Jay, who usually talks so much, was so afraid to say something wrong :laugh: )

He still has one wish left though, and I'm 99% sure that will be kept until the season finale.

Edit:

Just found

on YouTube from Possession, ToE, Rebooted, etc. I'm probably the last to discover these but when I found them inadvertently today, I was very happy being a fan of the soundtracks. Edited by legozebra

Yeah, I felt that Nadakhan was pretty annoyed his usual tricks didn't work on Jay (probably because Jay, who usually talks so much, was so afraid to say something wrong :laugh: )

He still has one wish left though, and I'm 99% sure that will be kept until the season finale.

Edit:

Just found

on YouTube from Possession, ToE, Rebooted, etc. I'm probably the last to discover these but when I found them inadvertently today, I was very happy being a fan of the soundtracks.

Yup, your definitely the last to find them, lol !

By the way, I actually found the description of episode 60 this morning, and it talks about Jay being hold captive by the skybound crew and someone called Azad will do everything he can to break Jay's will and makes him say out the third wish. I really look forward to that episode.

Yup, your definitely the last to find them, lol !

By the way, I actually found the description of episode 60 this morning, and it talks about Jay being hold captive by the skybound crew and someone called Azad will do everything he can to break Jay's will and makes him say out the third wish. I really look forward to that episode.

"Azad" is maybe a really, really bad translation of Nadakhan?

Is it possible to post the description and the source? If wherever you found the description had one, it may have all the other descriptions...

4 for 4! This is probably a new record for Ninjago episodes I really like in a row. :tongue:

I admit that I was worried about what will happen with Jay and Nya if all the wishes are somehow reversed, but the scene with the mansion was really, really fun to watch. I really liked the ambiguity of how Jay's first wish works, as it's plausible that Nadahkan made it come true, and it's also plausible that Nadahkan revealed what was already true. I wouldn't trust Nadahkan too much when he claims he only revealed the past...

The entire season so far has felt like a wink and a nod to the fanbase. The love triangle existing despite not existing anymore, the fangirls, the purple ninja, even the debate on whether it's "fair" or "fear"!

even the debate on whether it's "fair" or "fear"!

Since Jay is the Fritz fan, I think his word goes, so that's how you say it.

I was surprised to see Jay's zen suit and some season 2 photos on the wall. It looks like this season is throwback central.

I think the supposed Shurikens of Ice were just regular shurikens that Zane imbued with his ice power... A bit like the Toa, he is channeling his elemental power through the weapon.

But those are bigger than regular shurikens, and are light blue only on the tips. It reminds me of the cryo-knives Zane had last suit. Although there was probably elemental power imbued in them (the ice trail), or just their effect.

So, i'm assuming episodes 59 and 60 are available next Saturday (and Sunday?), correct?

Edited by gamejutzu

Since Jay is the Fritz fan, I think his word goes, so that's how you say it.

I was surprised to see Jay's zen suit and some season 2 photos on the wall. It looks like this season is throwback central.

But those are bigger than regular shurikens, and are light blue only on the tips. It reminds me of the cryo-knives Zane had last suit. Although there was probably elemental power imbued in them (the ice trail), or just their effect.

So, i'm assuming episodes 58 and 59 are available next Saturday (and Sunday?), correct?

59 and 60.

Oh, oops! :grin:

So is it that way? I haven't seen a schedule yet.

You'd have to ask NinjaJayNuva to check his schedule. I don't live in Hong Kong. :tongue:

You'd have to ask NinjaJayNuva to check his schedule. I don't live in Hong Kong. :tongue:

Heheh... Right... :facepalm:

But I really do think the schedule will be like that, maybe a break after this next batch of episodes.

Edited by gamejutzu

Really loved these last two episodes.

Some points:

Although Djinnjago was poorly named, the premise of it certainly gives Nadakhan a reason to take on the Ninja.

Also, I have to question The Mechanic's logic. If he's looking for spare parts, why not loot Cryptor. He was standing right behind him after all.

It's a bit of a shame that Kai was so easily lured into the Blade of Souls. Jay showed more self control, on the matter, even though I think he'd be the first to get absorbed of the six Ninja.

I was also very surprised to see that Doubloon knew Spinjitzu! That's a first of a tertiary character.

It's going to be very interesting going on without the Realm Crystal.

Did the realm crystal explode?

Either it fell or it shattered. Not surprising. Oftentimes, if you take an old artifact away from the place it lay for centuries, it'll become incredibly fragile. There's a boat that's needed to be continually doused in water since it's discovery for that reason.

Was a tad disappointed about how the Realm Crystal was destroyed. I'd expected its destruction (if it was ever destroyed) to be extremely monumental and a season finale type thing that would cause massive damage throughout the realms, but here it was mostly played for laughs, with the bullet not piercing Cole's ghostly body and ricocheting all over the place...

Also, the fact that Doubloon can do Spinjitsu is awesome! I'm glad the show is branching out with these super unique characters.

Edited by legozebra

Really loved these last two episodes.

Some points:

Although Djinnjago was poorly named, the premise of it certainly gives Nadakhan a reason to take on the Ninja.

Also, I have to question The Mechanic's logic. If he's looking for spare parts, why not loot Cryptor. He was standing right behind him after all.

It's a bit of a shame that Kai was so easily lured into the Blade of Souls. Jay showed more self control, on the matter, even though I think he'd be the first to get absorbed of the six Ninja.

I was also very surprised to see that Doubloon knew Spinjitzu! That's a first of a tertiary character.

It's going to be very interesting going on without the Realm Crystal.

Well, Jay is always more nervous than Kai when something bad happens, and he often react to the warnings seriously, like how he did with the lanterns in episode 51. So not really surprised that Jay is being more careful with the wish thing. Edited by NinjaJayNuva

Well, Jay is always more nervous than Kai when something bad happens, and he often react to the warnings seriously, like how he did with the lanterns in episode 51. So not really surprised that Jay is being more careful with the wish thing.

Actually, Jay wasn't being careful at all. When he wished for new parents and a lot of money, there are at least a dozen absolutely awful things Nadakhan could have done with that wish (eg, crime boss parents). His second wish was arguably even more stupid, because he wished he wasn't alone with Nadakhan. So that could have meant any number of things: the police could show up, Ronin might have destroyed the door, the Fangpyre might have appeared, and, of course, the Sky Pirates themselves.

Actually, Jay wasn't being careful at all. When he wished for new parents and a lot of money, there are at least a dozen absolutely awful things Nadakhan could have done with that wish (eg, crime boss parents). His second wish was arguably even more stupid, because he wished he wasn't alone with Nadakhan. So that could have meant any number of things: the police could show up, Ronin might have destroyed the door, the Fangpyre might have appeared, and, of course, the Sky Pirates themselves.

He even could be sucked into the sword, since then he would be with everyone else in the sword, and therefore not alone

I wonder if Nadakhan being a Djinn, he can't help, but grant three wishes, because that's just a Djinn's nature, also it's to bad they didn't use Doubloon's fake face, thou I was glad to see he knew Spinjitsu.

P.S. Did anyone else notice Garmatron in the junk yard were the Bounty was kept.

I'm actually referring to Jay would be more careful after these events. Also, Nadakhan did mention that he merely reveal the truth about Jay's life. So he probably didn't do anything about that wish but make Ed and Edna tell Jay the truth.

Did anyone else realize that it was most likely Nadakhan who killed Fritz Donnegan? I mean, as soon as Jay makes the wish, he gets that letter. Maybe a loophole?

I can't get over how the show uses real bullets over lasers or plasma. I wonder what Cyren's interactions will be like as well.

I'm glad Doubloon is looking good so far. But this just raises the question, what the heck is he?

He can distort his head like it's a mask. So I doubt he's with the Stone Army. Maybe he really is an oni after all.

Or a Skulkin. A few also know light spinjitzu.

Edited by gamejutzu