Sign in to follow this  
Austin1800

6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

Hey guys. Here is my very first post on Eurobricks. It is about the set 6864 The Batmobile And The Two Face Chase.

6864-1.jpg

When I first got this set, it was by mail. I found myself a HUGE box for the whole set. It's actually pretty awesome. Now, I didn't get to do an unboxing, so I'm just going to do a review. First off this set contains 531 pieces, 5 minifigures, and it costed about $50. But $50 for a box this big is so worth it! The set contains 4 numbered bags and 2 instruction books.

dovtj6.jpg

Here the minifigs are all together. ( from left to right: Guard, Batman, Henchman #1, Henchman #2, Two-Face )

e9y9s3.jpg

Here is the safe. Much like the money inside it, it is green.

2dsn7dy.jpg

Here is the epic Batmobile and down there is the two-colored armored truck. This was built with bags

#1 and #2.

2zeihrm.jpg

This is the bag #3 build.

29cxekn.jpg

This bank was built with bag #4.

2hwk6ld.jpg

Guard: Come on. Let's move it.

Two-Face: LET ME GO! @#$#%#$!

Batman: Colorful language will get you nowhere, you criminal scum.

es0sag.jpg

Here, Two-Face steals the safe on his two-colored armor truck.

r8b60n.jpg

Here is the missile shooter. Red is a great choice of color for the tips of these missiles, isn't it? :classic:

However ( below ) it seems that these missiles are uncoordinated.

2preltz.jpg

Batman: Seriously? :facepalm:

Two-Face: DANG IT!! :damn:

Here's Two-Face's little coin. ( It has a decal printed on it, but my cruddy camera wasn't able to show it. )

2prbq07.jpg

The two images below Batman in front of his Batmobile, then inside his Batmobile.

53097d.jpg

35izz2a.jpg

Below are the missiles of the Batmobile.

v4tlcn.jpg

Transparent orange is a pretty good color as well, right? Sorry, the correct answer was "Not as much".

The front-and-side views of the exhaust flames:

kb7xjc.jpg

30mwdi9.jpg

Let's see the front view of the bank...:

2j51c93.jpg

....and the inside:

xomukp.jpg

...then there's the side of the bank....:

2qc4211.jpg

....the side of the bank has this switch. Let's see what it does:

v65g0y.jpg

f2lu0w.jpg

and *POP!* goes the windows, enabling Two-Face to steal the safe!

2gws7s0.jpg

This set also contains a brick seperator! It was very useful for building the Batmobile.

34e7qqf.jpg

OVERALL: 12.5/15

Minifigures: 4/5

The minifigures were pretty awesome, and I liked the Two-Face minifigure, but I really think that the original 2006 Two-Face is better.

Build: 4/5 Good for a need for many black and beige pieces. However the build for Two-Face's truck was not as great as the 2006 build only because of its coloring. This is orange-and-purple, meanwhile the 2006 build is grey-and-white. I did not have trouble applying the sticker decals. But when I opened the box for Bag #4, I found that the big grey plate was a little bent.

Pricing: 4.5/5

The price, $50, is pretty reasonable for a set with a box as big as this! But the bags, instructions, and stickers, however, could fit in a slightly smaller box. I also think that splitting the instructions into two parts was a good idea because I think that printing it all as one book would have made the entire set cost more.

That's all for now! :classic:

Edited by Austin1800

You need a better camera. :P

Anyways my only issue with this set was the coloration. Orange and Purple? Yeah I know he appears that way in the comic sometimes but that doesn't stop it from being ugly. The first version with the Black and White is therefore superior in color.

Anyways my only issue with this set was the coloration. Orange and Purple? Yeah I know he appears that way in the comic sometimes but that doesn't stop it from being ugly. The first version with the Black and White is therefore superior in color.

I don't mind the orange and purple really, it's not my first choice, but it is a bit more interesting to look at. My problem is that his hair doesn't really fit in with the color scheme. Black and white hair fits with the black and white suit, but it doesn't fit the orange and purple suit at all. Honestly they might have been better off changing the white side of his hair to another color (Maybe something in the vein of how the Tommy Lee Jones version of the character appeared, with some bright colored hair). Also I think his left hand should have matched the color of the left side of his face, but I suppose that's up for debate depending on the version they're basing him on. As I said it's the hair that looks out of place for me, otherwise I like it.