just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

The turtles look MUCH better than I originally thought, but why do turtles have HAIR!?!? I'm definitely getting the lair, and the first one to go with it. Splinter, for some reason, is super small, and looks nothing like the cartoon one. I'm getting all the sets, they look fantastic, but I still really don't like Splinter.

Also, did anybody notice that the big rig set foot soilders are mutated?

As I had hoped, the Lair is also looking brilliant. It may be rather monochromatic, but it is in the sewers so this is somewhat understandable. The Turtle designs continue to impress me; I really like how they gave Donatello goggles to add more to him. Shredder looks amazing (as was to be expected) and Splinter looks good enough. I'd be lying if I said that Splinter is as I had expected or hoped, but the design they have gone with is perfectly fine IMO. Overall, these movie sets make for a great wave. Hopefully the movie is just as good.

OMG !

Thank you Lego for designing even more awesome sets......the lair is just fantastic and all those vehicles :wub: .......and hair on the turtles.....perhaps I might add isn't the film directed by Michael Bay ? :laugh: (remember Pearl Harbour ? :laugh: )

No it is not. it is produced by bay. Jonathan Liebsman is the director. Bay is just producing (the same role Spielberg is in on transformers 4). I thought the trailer was not bad and just because it is a new take on the turtles with a different story doesn't necessarily mean its going to be bad. In Marvel many things have different takes on characters and they are doing alright. I like the lair as it seems far more substantial than the cartoon one and that shredder design is awesome! I like that splinter is grey it sort of harkens back to the 2003 animated series. I think the movie could be a decent popcorn flick that isn't that deep but is a bit of fun and the sets look cool so once I see a proper longer trailer I may see the film. Heck lots of people hated the lone ranger but I really enjoyed it. So maybe it will be a repeat of that this time round.

Edited by legofreak86

Johnny Knoxville has been revealed to voicing Leonardo, so we got our first Jackass minifigure. I'm not sure what this means. :laugh:

Johnny Knoxville has been revealed to voicing Leonardo, so we got our first Jackass minifigure. I'm not sure what this means. :laugh:

No no no, thats not how minifig representation works. not voice actors.

Posted The Lair On YouTube A few Minutes Ago! I really think mikey Is ugly :sick: ...

Why Youtube? Surely there are better image hosting websites...

The turtles look MUCH better than I originally thought, but why do turtles have HAIR!?!?

They don't.

No it is not. it is produced by bay. Jonathan Liebsman is the director. Bay is just producing (the same role Spielberg is in on transformers 4). I thought the trailer was not bad and just because it is a new take on the turtles with a different story doesn't necessarily mean its going to be bad. In Marvel many things have different takes on characters and they are doing alright. I like the lair as it seems far more substantial than the cartoon one and that shredder design is awesome! I like that splinter is grey it sort of harkens back to the 2003 animated series. I think the movie could be a decent popcorn flick that isn't that deep but is a bit of fun and the sets look cool so once I see a proper longer trailer I may see the film. Heck lots of people hated the lone ranger but I really enjoyed it. So maybe it will be a repeat of that this time round.

I agree with this so much

I think the back lash from all the "hate" of the way the turtles look is kind of ridiculous they have looked similar and even more bazar then this version. The faces are done the way they are as to get the most expressive and visually accurate interpretation of a human.... Mixed with a Turtle

Turtles have noses and nostrils of varying degrees of subtlety, and I think they have done a great job as far as the larger shells the shells of a real turtle are 95% of the body length so in this version they are set up higher, and I feel these new mini fig do a great job at capturing that.

Personally im loving pretty much everything I have seen on this movie I have some reservations, and im loving these set they look very good can hopefully I will be able to purchase all of them

Thank goodness he isn't directing ! :laugh:

It's interesting to see the difference between the heads on the cartoon vs. film turtles.......a bit like the differences between PT/OT vs CW minifig heads.

Well I can safely say that this is so much better than last years version of the Turtle's lair. I'm really looking forward to getting hold of this. :laugh:

Shredders helmet is printed!

Splinter has the same headpiece as the Cartoon based splinter minifigure.

Foot Soldiers head piece printing does not seem to be based on gargoyle masked hooligans terrorizing the subway.

All turtles appear to have straps across their shells(over the shoulder style)

if you focus you will see on bandannas their are indents(for Donnies goggles)

And turtles have studs on the shells to hold Donnies who knows what pack and Leos Katana's holder.

Shells are higher so we can bend legs backwards unlike their predecessors

Edited by Steph 104th

Why Youtube? Surely there are better image hosting websites...

They don't.

Really? I didn't know I was not allowed to have my own opinion about things.

Really? I didn't know I was not allowed to have my own opinion about things.

He was referring to your comment about the turtles having hair, they're spots.

I actually prefer this turtle's van to the one we got last year, despite it being cheeper. I think it just has more of a TMNT feel to it (probably because it's similar to the 2003 version). :wink:

Edited by Legoman123

Definately getting the van, maybe the snow rig for Karai's vehicle which I could use as Nick Fury's SUV from Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I actually prefer this turtle's van to the one we got last year, despite it being cheeper. I think it just has more of a TMNT feel to it (probably because it's similar to the 2003 version). :wink:

I couldn't agree more! It's more in scale to the rest of the other vehicles in the Lego world.

Thank goodness he isn't directing ! :laugh:

Yeah, thank goodness it's Jonathon Liebsman, the director of Wrath of the Titans... Battle: LA... and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake... oh.

I'm going to go ahead and nominate this movie for the Criterion Collection! :sarcasm:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake

It wasnt a remake, it was a prequel to the reboot. And It was good.

Either way, I dont see why tmnt should be anything besides some silly action stuff.

It wasnt a remake, it was a prequel to the reboot. And It was good.

Either way, I dont see why tmnt should be anything besides some silly action stuff.

OK, my bad; I'm not a huge follower of that series. I think it should be something besides "silly action stuff" because it can be more. Have you read the recent IDW comics? They're spectacular. There is rich Japanese culture and a nice blend of moody and fun atmosphere. I think it's foolish to assume that just because there are mutant turtles (or something equally unreal) then it has to be a mindless action movie. That kind of thinking nearly killed the Batman franchise

Edited by montyofmusic

Just got back from Target, and got the Turtle Sub Undersea Chase. The catch, is that it was in the back, not on the shelf - Apparently Target only redoes their shelves every so often, so new stock can sit back there for up to TWO MONTHS I was told, before it actually gets out for sale. I used my phone, and pulled up the item info. I checked the website for store availability, and it said it was in stock at that store. Then, on the item page, I expanded the "Overview" and "Item Details" section, and found the Store Item Number (DPCI), and they searched that - And found it was in stock, and went back and grabbed it for me. So, if you're looking for it, give it a shot!

I kind of like the sets and minifigures. They look better in minifigure form than in the movies :P.