kevman

Anyone have a good method for cleaning LEGO tires?

I wantee to get the stench of dusty basement / smoke out from some of my old sets and tires. What would be the best way to do it ? I have used dish detergent for bricks and let them soak overnight that seemed to do the trick, but the tires I am afraid would get damaged if I tried that. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear.

I use a mix a little squirt of Dawn dish soap with a larger splash of scented car wash soap (cherry). Car wash soaps are formulated with plastic/rubber protection in mind. The scent does not really last very long and my bricks/tires went back to neutral/unscented. I've kept very musky bricks/tires soaking for days on end. Now they are like new. I am very particular about foul odors, especially on things I like :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

thanks guys, gonna try soaking my power puller tires in dawn for a bit. its a shame they cam from a smoking environment.

Glad I found this topic doing a search. I bought 4 used motorcycle tyres and 2 were looking really tired. After wiping all 4 with Armourall they all look the same now.